Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  RBS in-Limbo (extreme makeover) (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 40 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
RBS in-Limbo (extreme makeover) by Car-Lo
Started on: 09-25-2011 12:29 AM
Replies: 1576 (186302 views)
Last post by: sourmash on 12-30-2020 08:06 PM
jetsnvettes2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2011 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Looking good. I like the front windshield, new modernized roof, singular wiper blade and it's compartment, and I truly love the aggressive rake. For the record I loved the original, but I will add is, "IF THE RBS DOESN'T LIVE-UP TO OUR EXPECTATIONS WE WILL POSITIVELY ABSOLUTELY, AND UNIFORMLY BAND EXOTICSE FROM EVER SUGGESTING ANYTHING TO ANYONE ANY MORE."

Lol I second this! Were is my sawzall
IP: Logged
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2011 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today (maestro) Clynt dropped in at RBS and finished welding up the wiper mount

I'll be doing something like the Ferrari concept hood only and adding wiper unit onto recessed panel (finished in matt carbon fiber)

Started cutting hood...

You'll be happy to know that the safety pins will be there

It started to rain a bit so we pushed RBS into the garage

I had to sand a wave out in pillar moulding

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 11-03-2011).]

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2011 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have to be one of the most creative and "go for it" guys on here. No hesitation to just cut up whatever if you have a new idea brewing. Can't wait to see what this ends up looking like!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2011 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That is a wicked hood !

I think Car-lo is going to make us all look silly.

Why else would he cut up an awesome car unless he was going to make it better ?
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2011 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by av8fiero:

Where will you be picking up air for interior ventilation now that the cowl vents are blocked by the windshield?

I'm not sure how the other extended windshield group do it
RBS hood ends right at cowl wall (there is a 2" gap between hood and cowl wall)
hopefully it will let enough fresh air in through some holes there, if not we'll see what we can do there ?
I think Clynt will have somthing to add to this, I'll keep you posted
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2011 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

You have to be one of the most creative and "go for it" guys on here. No hesitation to just cut up whatever if you have a new idea brewing. Can't wait to see what this ends up looking like!

Thank you, here are some (go for it guys) BLOOPER pics (killing a good hood)

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 11-04-2011).]

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2011 04:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Car-Lo:

Thank you, here are some (go for it guys) BLOOPER pics (killing a good hood)

lol there will be sacrifices along the way.
88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2011 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what headlights will you use?
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2011 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is what I want to see not the same old thing on everybody's car. This build Rocks. Cant wait to see whats pulled off here.

------------------
1985 Fiero GT 4speed 1986 Fiero GT
1997 BMW 328 1984 Porsche 944

FieroNews~Boots~Bag's~Walle ts~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~Download the Fieronews Catalog HERE~

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2011 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is the most beep-ed-ee-Beep Fiero I have ever bee pen seen !
Good thing there are censers here
Shhhhhh! here comes the good part.

------------------

Love The Excitement! https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 11-04-2011).]

BOBBY D

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2011 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BOBBY DSend a Private Message to BOBBY DEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just put a little rainex on that windshield. With that angle water will blow right off it. If not your not driving fast enough. No need for a windshield wiper,.
PFF
System Bot
KVCFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2011 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KVCFIEROSend a Private Message to KVCFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is cool two great extreme choppers being born at the same time and both out of guy’s garages.
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2011 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KVCFIERO:

This is cool two great extreme choppers being born at the same time and both out of guy’s garages.

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2011 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Car-Lo

623 posts
Member since Jun 2006

Originally posted by 88White3.4GT:

what headlights will you use?

Info is on page 2 with pics !
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2011 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Car-Lo

623 posts
Member since Jun 2006
Playing with recessed panel size on hood, anyway it's screaming to be larger as shown on taped area or even larger ?
What do you think

Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2011 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sometimes less is more - go small to start and you can always expand it when you see how it looks in relation to the rest of the finished car. Just my 2 cents worth

Jim
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2011 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Playing with recessed panel size on hood, anyway it's screaming to be larger as shown on taped area or even larger ?
What do you think

And to think I thought I was completely chopping up my hood when I installed 2 small NSX scoops. I can't wait to see how this ends up.
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2011 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK had some time to play What do you think John?

From this?

To this?

Terry

------------------

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 11-15-2011).]

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2011 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pretty good Terry and thank you for jump starting RBS, since that photo the recessed panel is about 4" longer and wider and wiper blade always sits vertical.
The Ferrari mirrors are my all time favorite, but I'll be going with angles and wedge Lambo shaped mirrors, also headlights.

Nose will be a combo mix of Sesto Elemento, the Aentabor and the Reventon, (hope I got that spelling right)

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 11-15-2011).]

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2011 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pretty good Terry and thank you for jump starting RBS, since that photo the recessed panel is about 4" longer and wider and wiper blade always sits vertical.
The Ferrari mirrors are my all time favorite, but I'll be going with angles and wedge Lambo shaped mirrors, also headlights.

Nose will be a combo mix of Sesto Elemento, the Aentabor and the Reventon, (hope I got that spelling right)

Well I'm not sure of what all you mean but hows this?

------------------

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2011 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That was quick, it's getting pretty close (the nose will be a bit different, I'll know when I get there) ?
Can you show it in glossy black ?
Thanks again Terry, great work

EDIT: the lambo nose looks a bit huge, maybe it's the (close up) low view ?

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 11-15-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2011 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That was quick, it's getting pretty close (the nose will be a bit different, I'll know when I get there) ?
Can you show it in glossy black ?
Thanks again Terry, great work

EDIT: the lambo nose looks a bit huge, maybe it's the (close up) low view ?

I may have went a little over board with the high lights but thought it would help to see the lines

And yes at that angle it makes it look a bit huge I probably made the angle a little to round from the mirror to the head lights but its close

------------------

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 11-16-2011).]

GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2011 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is SICK!
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2011 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The very old RBS had it all...

Extended wing tips, 5" flared wing stands, w i d e hips and Boss Mustang scoop (that went to Captain Fiero for stock lid)

Then RBS had a Lip spoiler added on...

Then...Don't give me any LIP (rear will be 4" shorter and 3" lower, no flat bed look)

Just playing around...

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2011 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The very old RBS had it all...

Extended wing tips, 5" flared wing stands, w i d e hips and Boss Mustang scoop (that went to Captain Fiero for stock lid)

Then RBS had a Lip spoiler added on...

Then...Don't give me any LIP (rear will be 4" shorter and 3" lower, no flat bed look)

Just playing around...

I do like how you can now see all of the projector head lights with the new nose angle.

------------------

CarverToo

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2011 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarverTooSend a Private Message to CarverTooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is the lip spoiler available? Could it be grafted onto a stock deck lid?
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2011 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CarverToo:

Is the lip spoiler available? Could it be grafted onto a stock deck lid?

Sorry, it wasn't worth saving, been trashed ( was built from scratch, shaped with cut out illustration broad and covered with fibreglass)
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2011 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Car-Lo

623 posts
Member since Jun 2006

Originally posted by 85SEnochie:

I do like how you can now see all of the projector head lights with the new nose angle.

Thanks and yes it's going to work out (lots of room there). I forgot to mention that the Mazda headlight buckets will be hacked up
and shaped to look similar to the Aventador.
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2011 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks and yes it's going to work out (lots of room there). I forgot to mention that the Mazda headlight buckets will be hacked up
and shaped to look similar to the Aventador.

LOL! Hack it up you guys have done an amazing job thus far with all the hacking.

------------------

Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2011 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car-lo,
Props man, ya got balls as big as Church bells for chopping up that amazing car.......Luckily you have got Mad skills and taste to back it up too. I am sure you will make it all come together in a sweet unique Fiero that will blow minds wherever it goes. Peace

Pete

pistonbroke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2011 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pistonbrokeSend a Private Message to pistonbrokeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fantastic... I've been waiting for a thread like this to get me motivated. I'm looking forward to seing the progress. your skills and ingenuity are educational.

Just one thing... when you move the A pillars out to fit the width of the new screen does that alter the shape of the side windows?
PFF
System Bot
Letsbuildanexotic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2011 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LetsbuildanexoticSend a Private Message to LetsbuildanexoticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So where are you at Carl-lo? I know when you stop posting some stuff up for a few days you've done something amazing!

-Chris
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2011 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He's probably buried under snow?
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2011 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pistonbroke:

Fantastic... I've been waiting for a thread like this to get me motivated. I'm looking forward to seing the progress. your skills and ingenuity are educational.

Just one thing... when you move the A pillars out to fit the width of the new screen does that alter the shape of the side windows?

Thank you so much !

About the A pillars...
The best question yet The answer is, I'm not sure Stay tuned
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2011 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Car-Lo

623 posts
Member since Jun 2006

Originally posted by Letsbuildanexotic:

So where are you at Carl-lo? I know when you stop posting some stuff up for a few days you've done something amazing!

-Chris

Thanks, but not really...

I have injured my shoulder a couple weeks ago with all the sanding, grinding, cutting maybe next week I should be healed enough to be back on the saddle again

While I'm healing...
a few pics of the old RBS (my buddy Blair shot)...and I thought I had it all back then

The assie scoops and wheels have been recycled to Clynt's chopper and nose to Captain Fiero.

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2011 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Playing with body parts...

The HACKER is back...

It's looking a bit Lambo-ish with a shorter more slanted front

pistonbroke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2011 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pistonbrokeSend a Private Message to pistonbrokeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like it, it's starting to look quite aggressive at the front. shortening the front end and using the taller windshield give it a much more "cab forward" stance.

I'm pretty confident that you are just going take some styling ideas and keep it Lambo "ish" and not go too replica.

Keep up the good work
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2011 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"Where's my sammich?"

I see where you're going, and I like it. Might need a reverse camera, though?
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2011 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pistonbroke:

I like it, it's starting to look quite aggressive at the front. shortening the front end and using the taller windshield give it a much more "cab forward" stance.

I'm pretty confident that you are just going take some styling ideas and keep it Lambo "ish" and not go too replica.

Keep up the good work

Thank you, no replica here (not that there's anything wrong with that) !
The front will be similar to the Gallardo, sides the Aventador and rear the Elemento

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 12-11-2011).]

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2011 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Car-Lo

623 posts
Member since Jun 2006

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

"Where's my sammich?"

I see where you're going, and I like it. Might need a reverse camera, though?

That's a good one and yes I might need that camera, we'll see how things go ?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 40 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock