Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  RBS in-Limbo (extreme makeover) (Page 36)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 40 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
RBS in-Limbo (extreme makeover) by Car-Lo
Started on: 09-25-2011 12:29 AM
Replies: 1576 (186082 views)
Last post by: sourmash on 12-30-2020 08:06 PM
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2016 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Car-Lo:

Copped up wingspoint of no return

"Ya' can't make an omelette, without breaking a few eggs"

Cheers Gearz n Beers. Joe
IP: Logged
Capt Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2016 05:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks you Blacktree, Inferno, Fie Ro and zkhennings for the encouragement (that's a long wordjust like the RBS2 project) and I will not quit
I've been very busy this July cruising with bike will have an update tonight, the BAD and the GOOD

Hi strangerwe have't seen you since last summerwe'll have to hook up some time this fall ?
The filler is "Duraglass" Dawg and I had fun working on your rat rod a few years agoHe's close by and is a pro at it.

Thank You John, I'll grab some at Lordco the next time I am in.

As to being Absent, well, ya lots going on. Next time you are out to Pick-A-Part or out for a cruise towards Abbotsford, you should drop in, you can see whats left of Rat Rod, in pieces, being rebuilt faster, stronger, better, faster, and did I say FASTER.

Store this in your phone or save it here so you know where to find it. 32853 Gatefield Ave, Abbotsford we are 10 mins from Mission Raceway.

P.S. I did make it to the club dinner at Wings last week, where were you.........

------------------
857GT Part 85GT Part 87GT , 5spd Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Now with a Turbo.

For Sale $4000, Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front,

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2016 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

the BAD ?

The BAD, I've carved out to much and then glued pieces on and still it was not rightI'll have to start over
I won't have the cut in scoop as shown in pic #1

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2016 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Car-Lo

623 posts
Member since Jun 2006

Originally posted by motoracer838:

"Ya' can't make an omelette, without breaking a few eggs"

Cheers Gearz n Beers. Joe

A little mix to the omelette, yummy yummy

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2016 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Car-Lo

623 posts
Member since Jun 2006

Originally posted by Capt Fiero:

Thank You John, I'll grab some at Lordco the next time I am in.

As to being Absent, well, ya lots going on. Next time you are out to Pick-A-Part or out for a cruise towards Abbotsford, you should drop in, you can see whats left of Rat Rod, in pieces, being rebuilt faster, stronger, better, faster, and did I say FASTER.

Store this in your phone or save it here so you know where to find it. 32853 Gatefield Ave, Abbotsford we are 10 mins from Mission Raceway.

P.S. I did make it to the club dinner at Wings last week, where were you.........

The GOOD, I love to ride so much that I got a new toy Harley 883 iron bobber style...

Sorry missed you guys at Wings for club dinner (so was that the last club supper), the weekends are to busy for me (that's why I suggested to have club meetings on Thursdays)

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 07-28-2016).]

TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2016 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car-Lo

1st off...SWEET BIKE!

And for the BAD...perfection takes time and an artist to ensure that it gets there!

Keep up the AMAZING WORK
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2016 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice bike John......If I lived in BC you would have a hard time getting me off my bike . Here in Flatario , not so much .
mr_corean

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2016 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mr_coreanSend a Private Message to mr_coreanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice choice on the bike!
Joseph

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2016 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JosephSend a Private Message to JosephEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd be out riding that bike too instead of finishing my project haha..

Very nice bike.
War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2016 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful Bike!!!

The GOOD, I love to ride so much that I got a new toy Harley 883 iron bobber style...

Sorry missed you guys at Wings for club dinner (so was that the last club supper), the weekends are to busy for me (that's why I suggested to have club meetings on Thursdays)

andreww

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2016 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for andrewwSend a Private Message to andrewwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by War Hammer:

Beautiful Bike!!!

Yes, but does it signify the end of this project? I love what Carlo has been doing, but this thing has been going on for years. Im starting to think this will never be completed, even though I hope it is .
PFF
System Bot
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2016 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by andreww:

Yes, but does it signify the end of this project? I love what Carlo has been doing, but this thing has been going on for years. Im starting to think this will never be completed, even though I hope it is .

Hey now! RBS is like a fine wine....you can't rush it....

For many builders, the building is the most important thing, not the end result. Whether it takes a month...a year...or fifteen years. Just sit back and enjoy the skill you are seeing!!!
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2016 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks everyone TXOPIE, wftb, mr_corean, Joseph and War Hammer for the nice comments about my new toy...

I'm loving riding BC, pic shot at Harrison Hot Springs

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2016 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Car-Lo

623 posts
Member since Jun 2006

Originally posted by Neils88:

Hey now! RBS is like a fine wine....you can't rush it....

For many builders, the building is the most important thing, not the end result. Whether it takes a month...a year...or fifteen years. Just sit back and enjoy the skill you are seeing!!!

Thanks Neils88 you're the man

Tomorrow I'll start carving again
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2016 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Car-Lo

623 posts
Member since Jun 2006
Thanks andreww , RBS is still going on just having fun while I can
This morning rode out to Squamish had breakfast

Came back from ride (double fun today) peeled away plastic from foam and started roughly carving using a knife not to make any sawdust yet

Drove her out the fenders look nice and rawthey should stay that way

Making template of rear wheel well

the front wheel well shape to match rear

Outlined

Cut shape off

Started sanding

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 08-18-2016).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2016 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car-lo you have become a master at this ! Lol you craft and throw stuff away that the rest of us are like nooooooo lol ! 😮 Man i wish i lived near so i could just learn. 👍

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 08-18-2016).]

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2016 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Car-lo you have become a master at this ! Lol you craft and throw stuff away that the rest of us are like nooooooo lol ! 😮 Man i wish i lived near so i could just learn. 👍

Thanks exoticse the master of doing things over and over many times,I don't think you want learn from me

Today I'll spend time with her, see you guys tonight

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 08-18-2016).]

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2016 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Car-Lo: Thanks exoticse the master of doing things over and over many times, I don't think you want learn from me

That isn't due to lack of skill. You just keep changing your mind.

I wish I had half your talent. Seriously.
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2016 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lookin' Good. Doing things over and over is what gets it right in " the minds Eye" ! (only a bone stock automobile can Ever be "Done".) LOL you have a PM.
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2016 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lou6t4gto:

Lookin' Good. Doing things over and over is what gets it right in " the minds Eye" ! (only a bone stock automobile can Ever be "Done".) LOL you have a PM.

I'm backfrom to much fun in the sun

Latest Update: I goofed againI carved out too much fenderand today had to add more foam

Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2016 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Best Toys T-Shirt

Love the new bike. Enjoy when you can!

Project is looking soooooooo sweet!

A man of many talents...and an example of what's possible to many.

Stay on the journey and keep us posted!

HAGO!

Took the big pic out...link shows what it was. Thanks falcon_ca for removing the repeat pic. Just don't think either belonged in this thread!

[This message has been edited by Sage (edited 09-21-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2016 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks you so much Sage (the master) for the inspiration

Today I filled other side

I went back to first designthis is what it looks roughed out so far I think it needed the side angles to give it that wedge look

Bit more sanding

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 09-10-2016).]

falcon_ca

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2016 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man , I want that t-shirt. Where can I order it ?

------------------
"I'm not driving too fast, . . . I'm just flying too low."

Work done 07-08 | Work done 08-09 | Work done 09-10 | Work done 10-11 | Work done 11-12 | Work done 12-13 | Work done 13-14 | Work done 15-16 | 4.9 Swap |

[This message has been edited by falcon_ca (edited 09-12-2016).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2016 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Carlo...lets see a shot from the front as well to get a better perspective...Please & TY!
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2016 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by falcon_ca:

Man , I want that t-shirt. Where can I order it ?

Found it....
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2016 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally an UPDATE:

I was on vacation drove to Winnipeg visit my brother my daughter, we all had a great time

Taped fendereasier removing foam

Fibreglass 3 layers of 1.5 oz matt only had time to do one sidetomorrow I'll do other side

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2016 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
EXCITING TIMES...Looking good!
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2016 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

EXCITING TIMES...Looking good!

Thanks TXOPIE today I glassed the other sideit's a miracle

Jocksoft

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2016 04:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JocksoftSend a Private Message to JocksoftEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi there.

I have been following your build for some time and I absolutely love what you are doing.

Keep up the amazing work and I cannot wait to see this baby on the road.
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2016 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow.. looks tremendous, awesome.
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2016 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you so much Jocksoft and Steel She's very happy to have fenders again

Started adding first layer duraglassfenders will match sharp headlight edges

Foam peeled off nice and easy

A bit more sanding and more dust to come...

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 10-26-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2016 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lookin' Great ! How Many "Layers of glass" Before you Dura glassed it ??
Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2016 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lou6t4gto

8436 posts
Member since May 2008
ok, 3 layers, missed that.
mr_corean

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2016 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mr_coreanSend a Private Message to mr_coreanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How do you finish the duraglass to avoid pinholes?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2016 04:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You and Bozzie are both doing some amazing work !
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2016 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mr_corean:

How do you finish the duraglass to avoid pinholes?

I just patch up the imperfections as shown below !

I little update...

Removed headlights and finishing opening

Removed hood and fibreglass underside fenders to hood making one strong piece, using heat lamp to cure fibreglass

One solid flip hood

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 11-09-2016).]

steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2016 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why am I thinking 'Transformers" after looking at that last picture? Fantastic build !!
dskebo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2016 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dskeboSend a Private Message to dskeboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hurry up and get some paint on it before the wind changes direction. LOL! That hood looks awesome.
AndyQB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2016 03:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AndyQBSend a Private Message to AndyQBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Carlo - you should get some bracing or framing in that hood and strap it in its final resting place for a week to let it properly cure - otherwise you will come to re-fit it at some point and it will have twisted or buckled or warped! Great progress - thanks for sharing,
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2016 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AndyQB:

Hi Carlo - you should get some bracing or framing in that hood and strap it in its final resting place for a week to let it properly cure - otherwise you will come to re-fit it at some point and it will have twisted or buckled or warped! Great progress - thanks for sharing,

Thanks AndyQB for tip and help, everything worked out when glassed over foam to hood (it was cured at that time)

Today's update: this how the front looked this morning...

Finished only half of front and primed, it looks great with Harley...

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 40 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock