Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  RBS in-Limbo (extreme makeover) (Page 9)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 40 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
RBS in-Limbo (extreme makeover) by Car-Lo
Started on: 09-25-2011 12:29 AM
Replies: 1576 (186262 views)
Last post by: sourmash on 12-30-2020 08:06 PM
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2012 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John i like how you raked back the side vent. Very aggressive looking.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-19-2012).]

IP: Logged
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2012 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

John i like how you raked back the side vent. Very aggressive looking.

Thanks Exoticse, even the rocket scientists Fieroguru and Bloozberry like the swoopiness it's a honor to have there comments and suggestions.

I'm not quite sure what direction to take with door side panels, I still have one more pair door skins to play with and maybe go back to old boring RBS-1 doors that look so good and smooth now...

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 03-20-2012).]

andreww

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2012 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for andrewwSend a Private Message to andrewwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking so awesome Car-Lo. Do you have any kind of timeline as to when this is going to be completed?
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2012 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by andreww:

Looking so awesome Car-Lo. Do you have any kind of timeline as to when this is going to be completed?

Thanks andreww, I had a deadline for June, but now I'm flip Flopping with design and it looks like late fall (or it really doesn't matter anymore )
andreww

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2012 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for andrewwSend a Private Message to andrewwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ouch. A summer without a fiero? Thats gotta suck!
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2012 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Car-Lo:

Thanks andreww, I had a deadline for June, but now I'm flip Flopping with design and it looks like late fall (or it really doesn't matter anymore )

The suspense is already killing me!
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2012 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well Car-2-Lo, tell ol Crusty to get the Turbo Choptop widebody fixed, so you can drive it, and tell him to drive the bubble top. You might have to twist his arm a bit, but he might let ya.

------------------
857GT Part 85GT Part 87GT Part Caddy, 93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Now with Nitrous. Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2012 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks Exoticse, even the rocket scientists Fieroguru and Bloozberry like the swoopiness it's a honor to have there comments and suggestions.

I'm not quite sure what direction to take with door side panels, I still have one more pair door skins to play with and maybe go back to old boring RBS-1 doors that look so good and smooth now...

What about trimming the foam off about an inch or two from the front edge of the door so you may not have to do anything different with the fender?

------------------

Love The Excitement! https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 03-22-2012).]

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2012 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mr. Terry, If ledge is shorten, it will really look GOOFY, I have to tweak fender anyway (so what's the problem )????

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 03-23-2012).]

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2012 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mr. Terry, If ledge is shorten, it will really look GOOFY, I have to tweak fender anyway (so what's the problem )????

No problem here just giving some ideas for the new door instead of using the old one.

Had some time to play what do you think?

------------------

Love The Excitement! https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 03-23-2012).]

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2012 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Terry, nice try, but that's not me

Today I cleaned the garage and this is what RBS looks like now

Later on Clynt came over and we worked on chopper, tweaked sail panels and made a cover for pulleys

After that we played with RBS, we're going to start from scratch and make the ledge work out

PFF
System Bot
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2012 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

After that we played with RBS, we're going to start from scratch and make the ledge work out

Sometimes, you've gotta' take a step back before you can move forward, I've scarped many a part before they were done, because they weren't right. Time spent can't justify keeping something, if it's not right.

Joe

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2012 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by motoracer838:

Sometimes, you've gotta' take a step back before you can move forward, I've scarped many a part before they were done, because they weren't right. Time spent can't justify keeping something, if it's not right.

Joe

Thanks Joe,

Today I got body parts ready for Clynt and I to play with mocking up RBS's

Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2012 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't mean to Hijack your thread but is there any more inforataion on this front facia? Looks great!

Nolan

[This message has been edited by Sourmug (edited 03-25-2012).]

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2012 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sourmug:

Don't mean to Hijack your thread but is there any more inforataion on this front facia? Looks great!

Nolan

14 page build thread on Clynts car is here. http://westcoastfieros.com/...p?TID=207&PN=1&TPN=1

The car is a 4.9 Turbocharged Automatic Choptop Widebody. Man their are a lot of good things in that statment. The nose is a custom one off nose that He and Car 2 Lo built. (aka Car Lo on here)

------------------
857GT Part 85GT Part 87GT Part Caddy, 93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Now with Nitrous. Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2012 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks!
85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2012 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any updates ???
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2012 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car Lo any chance you and Clynt are coming to the meeting tonight. Weather is suppose to be amazing, I'll be bringing the V8 to show off your amazing body work on it.

------------------

nightonfire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2012 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amazing Progress!!!!
85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2012 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bump !!!

Any updates
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's warming up, so we know the weather isn't the issue. Any updates?
PFF
System Bot
turbodad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbodadSend a Private Message to turbodadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car 2 Lo. Have you seen the new Cadillac ELR? The rear end treatment may be something that interest you.
andreww

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2012 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for andrewwSend a Private Message to andrewwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Good threads should never die."
85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2012 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car-lo

Are you OK ?

Is has been almost two months since your last update.

I know that what you are doing is a LOT of work

Keep us posted
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2012 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A bit more work has been done, he just needs to update " this " thread to make it current with his other.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 05-31-2012).]

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2012 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car 2 Lo is getting back into the action, he had to take a bit of a break for personal reasons that I'll let him decide if he wishes to share.

However his car is looking great, and has made some amazing great progress, as well as some rather drastic changes to the design he was going with.

I am sure he will be updating this thread soon.

------------------

F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2012 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good news, waiting to see the updates.
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2012 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Capt Fiero:

Car 2 Lo is getting back into the action, he had to take a bit of a break for personal reasons that I'll let him decide if he wishes to share.

However his car is looking great, and has made some amazing great progress, as well as some rather drastic changes to the design he was going with.

I am sure he will be updating this thread soon.
Now you're scaring me! Drastic changes? I have no skills, either in the inspiration area or in the application area and so I am always amazed and impressed with the direction this extreme chop top is going. One of my favorite cars was a 55 Austin healey with a windshield that was about 5 inches high when laid down, and that was the way I drove it. I was always thinking about making a chopped soft top to go with the windshield but never got around to it. Your car is awesome looking already, even in it's rough shape and I think will set the mark for chop tops for a long time if not forever.

dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2012 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dratts

8373 posts
Member since Apr 2001
Sorry for that last post. I didn't manage to separate my reply from the post that I was quoting.
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2012 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:
Now you're scaring me! Drastic changes? I have no skills, either in the inspiration area or in the application area and so I am always amazed and impressed with the direction this extreme chop top is going. One of my favorite cars was a 55 Austin healey with a windshield that was about 5 inches high when laid down, and that was the way I drove it. I was always thinking about making a chopped soft top to go with the windshield but never got around to it. Your car is awesome looking already, even in it's rough shape and I think will set the mark for chop tops for a long time if not forever.

Thanks for the nice compliment, you're way to kind to this Bozo
For the skills part, you really have to have friends like Clynt, Blair, the Capt. and all the WCF Club members, without them this project won't be happening.

As for the "drastic changes" I just went back to the original lambo concept video that Exoticse sent me...
I dropped the idea of the Lambo Aventador doors and scoop (it will always look like a bad copy)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQhFiU-HPAw

I'll be doing something similar with the doors and scoop...(it will match the bumper less back end better)

PFF
System Bot
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2012 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Car-Lo

623 posts
Member since Jun 2006

Originally posted by turbodad:

Car 2 Lo. Have you seen the new Cadillac ELR? The rear end treatment may be something that interest you.

Thanks for pointing that out, I might just use the rear deck lid V design , as for the bottom it will be bumper less exposing the 325
michelins with wing diffuser right across the rear end.

I hope this is the ELR ?

Also thinking adding flare at bottom rear rocker panel

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 06-02-2012).]

FieroGTRwideboby

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2012 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for the nice compliment, you're way to kind to this Bozo
For the skills part, you really have to have friends like Clynt, Blair, the Capt. and all the WCF Club members, without them this project won't be happening.

As for the "drastic changes" I just went back to the original lambo concept video that Exoticse sent me...
I dropped the idea of the Lambo Aventador doors and scoop (it will always look like a bad copy)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQhFiU-HPAw

I'll be doing something similar with the doors and scoop...(it will match the bumper less back end better)

I know the designer who did that, Mike just graduated not too long ago from Art Center. If you need some good shots of it let me know I can get them from him.

-Alex
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2012 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGTRwideboby:

I know the designer who did that, Mike just graduated not too long ago from Art Center. If you need some good shots of it let me know I can get them from him.

-Alex

WOW, it's a small world, but no thanks, I have enough info and it won't be exact, just bit similar with RBS spin on it.
Thanks again Alex and I love your work
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2012 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

A bit more work has been done, he just needs to update " this " thread to make it current with his other.

I'm not sure what you're talking about, I haven't done any playing with RBS for the past two months and any latest build posting anywhere until now...

Yes, "I'm back on the saddle again" (that is with RBS)

http://www.youtube.com/watc...-z6qM&feature=fvwrel

I'm actually playing again, trimming reverse panel

With 4" chop and now adding 2" reverse chop, WOW that makes it 6" overall chop

85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2012 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am very glad that you are back on the saddle

Keep it up !!!
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2012 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85LAMB:

I am very glad that you are back on the saddle

Keep it up !!!

Thanks 85LAMB, that's a good one

Today I started modifying rear panels, extending bottom for new scoop, this will change the old Fiero lines...
Using 1/4" corrugated plastic board ( tip from "355fiero" in Victoria, BC) for template.

Viewing front side

Viewing back side

Fiberglass

Pealed off Corrugated plastic (it won't stick to plastic)

View on RBS

Roughly sanded

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 06-03-2012).]

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2012 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Car-Lo

623 posts
Member since Jun 2006
Removing lip from old RBS (don't give me any lip )

Lip is gone with the wind also cut off top of rocker panel

Leaving 325 big ones exposed as shown on red mark (this will match rear end)

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 06-03-2012).]

ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2012 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW...talk about designing your own car....
You, sir, are amazing!!!
I can't wait to see more!
al
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2012 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ya know I love all your work, and I know I am a bit lucky being able to see the car in person, but you have me a bit concerned with the last couple mods where you have the red box to show the exposed tires. It looks like you have removed all the areas that give the panel its fixed mounting points, so securing the panels will be a bit tricky especially if you make your own brackets to hold them in place you will need to find a way to integrate the brackets. Does Mr. Wizard Clynt have a general idea on how he is going to mount everything.

Car is looking amazing, and will be awesome to see once its finished. Kinda sucks that your car will miss the big All Pontiac show next weekend. I am not going to put my car in either, unless I somehow find a time machine to go back and get the engine worked on. I hope you do still at least come out to visit a lot of the guys are asking where you have been. Yes you are missed.

P.S. we also have the club meeting on Saturday. You and Clynt should come out in his chopper.

------------------

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 40 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock