Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  RBS in-Limbo (extreme makeover) (Page 30)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 40 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
RBS in-Limbo (extreme makeover) by Car-Lo
Started on: 09-25-2011 12:29 AM
Replies: 1576 (186077 views)
Last post by: sourmash on 12-30-2020 08:06 PM
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2015 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations! and can't wait to see what you do
IP: Logged
Stubby79

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2015 03:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What kind of hoops did you have to jump through to bring that back over the border and or get it insured here?
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2015 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Someday, that car should be in a Museum ! " Rolling ART"
Gambit

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2015 03:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GambitSend a Private Message to GambitEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi there, been following the RBS2 a long time and i hope you will have time soon to go further. I miss the progress and updates . Keep up the awesome work mate. Greets from the other side of the pond.
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2015 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The mods are never ending on this project. Very crafty work, nice job.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 04-12-2015).]

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2015 03:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gambit:

Hi there, been following the RBS2 a long time and i hope you will have time soon to go further. I miss the progress and updates . Keep up the awesome work mate. Greets from the other side of the pond.

Thanks this month I'll have time for RBS2
I've been busy with family and having fun doing KNOCK OFF paintings I'm wondering what Madcurly thinks about me doing REPLICAS
Anyway that will make some spare change for RBS2

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2015 03:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Car-Lo

623 posts
Member since Jun 2006

Originally posted by kennn:

Even so......have you considered making the very end of the deck lid projection parallel to the louvers?

I love this thread. The freedom and flow you demonstrate in working this out as you go along is inspirational. And quite, quite instructional.

Ken

edit: Finally, a new page. I wonder what the criteria are for initiating a new page?

Thanks Kennn I haven't forgot about your suggestion that will look much more meaner

Here we go...

Not enough angle had to cut more underside

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 04-17-2015).]

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2015 07:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bob
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2015 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you so much Bob

Today: covered in dust...

Red areas to be cut off on trunk lip

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2015 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Carlo...nice to see you are out of hibernation and back to work

Looking great!
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2015 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

Congratulations! and can't wait to see what you do

Thanks TXOPIE the Formula will stay as is I don't have time and money for him I only got the Formula to enjoy cruising with the Fiero gang

PFF
System Bot
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2015 02:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Carlo...nice to see you are out of hibernation and back to work

Looking great!

Thanks, great to be back and getting dusty I'm getting fussy cold rainy winter in North West Coast, I want to live in hot Texas

Today: removing step shown in red, going to match existing louvers, that will make it louver #4

Raised center panel as shown about an inch to match angle of louver #1,2,3 and Ploigrip support strip at each end to add panels to make louver #4

Ploigriped panels, clamped and weighted down

Last end panels

Fibreglass seams

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 04-19-2015).]

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2015 02:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

The mods are never ending on this project. Very crafty work, nice job.

Thanks Amida, you're right about that this last mod is taking forever and maybe a couple more days to go.

Today trimming about 1/2" back, the overhang was a bit much

Using body filler for SMC panels

Well so much for keeping the Formula stock...
The Formula is going wingless, but adding a little lip spoiler roughed out in foam as shown pic below

Fibreglass over foam and finished in duraglass

Finally got the spoiler roughed out...

Waiting for the wind to go down a bit, then prime it

To go with that old school type of lip spoiler is the Hurst Shifter that feels so good

Primed it and found lots of faults after sanding, just adding body filler here and there...

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 06-24-2015).]

LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Car-Lo:

Thanks TXOPIE the Formula will stay as is I don't have time and money for him I only got the Formula to enjoy cruising with the Fiero gang

I never realized just how car-lo this build was until now. I can kneel and stand taller that the fiero, I think I could sit and be taller than this build. WoW, keep up the great work.

sirfixalot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2015 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sirfixalotSend a Private Message to sirfixalotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car-lo, first off, let me agree with what everyone else is saying. You, my fellow fiero friend, are one extremely talented, creative and hard working individual. And then I see how many birthdays you've had and my mind is blown.
Secondly, I thought RBS was quite possibly the most beautiful fiero I have ever seen. I was saddened to see it dismantled. I'm a big fan of fieros and try to keep as many on the road as possible.
I like what you're doing with the new car even though the fiero DNA is slowly being lost. At least your using fiero donors to build it.
Lastly, I've read the build thread several times the last couple of weeks because I'm attempting an LS4 widebody on an 88 formula chassis. I'm surprised the last few days because I've been looking for taillights for you.
I haven't measured them or even know for sure what year they are but I saw a Nissan leaf in Lowe's parking lot and immediately though of your car.
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2015 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Feel like I should ask permission first before doing this for real?

------------------

Love The Excitement! //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2015 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

i belly laughed to myself when i read where you were keeping the formula stock. Riiiiiiiiigggggghhhhht !!!

Not saying you will embark on another RBS, but when you have talents like yours,......a few mods here and there will happen lol.

A gourmet chef does not settle, when he can whip up the most exotic meals in the world.

Stubby79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2015 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dead project?
Steel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2015 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hopefully not, so curious what this will end up being on final outcome.

The part that's most intriguing is the rear fascia area and how that will look.
Xyster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2015 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XysterSend a Private Message to XysterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stubby79:

Dead project?

You can't rush perfection. Kinda like how I was in the womb for 10 months!
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2015 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
British Columbia is in the middle of a serious heat wave. We are breaking 120 year old all Time high temperature records all across the Province, and I for one know that John is not working in a Air Conditioned garage. They say we should cool down by end of next week. Damn I hope so, I can't even think about working on my own car. Even the UV Index is off the chart, I think they said you can get a serious sunburn on exposed unprotected skin under 5 mins. Even with with sunblock it feels like you are fire after 20 mins in the sun.

So let Mr. Carlo relax and I am sure he will be back at it. I also heard from a little birdie that he was having some mechanical work done to his Formula at our local Fiero Repair shop, so he may be out enjoying it as well.

P.S. John where did you get the Hurst style shifter from? Was that from Hughs car?... Or did you get Blair to build it for you. Either way that's Way Cool.

------------------
857GT Part 85GT Part 87GT Part Caddy, 93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Now with Nitrous. Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics For Sale $4000, Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

PFF
System Bot
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2015 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
P.S. 85SENOTCHIE, ya know you are basically building my dream car. A Notchback Fastback, Choptop.

Here are a few pics I snapped when FieroChick and I went to visit the car in my 88GT.

John had been teasing me for years to do this to my 87GT. I LOVE the look of a Notchback Fastback Choptop. It just looks sexy, like Race car Sexy. Add in the PPE's widebody skirts and WOW.

These images are not mine, just copied from another thread,

Inferno

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2015 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InfernoSend a Private Message to InfernoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK OK ENOUGH ENOUGH!

Time for you to leave BC and move to Edmonton so I can make you my new best friend. LOL

Looking good my man. Have you thought of doing some work on the side? I mean you seem to have the skills you could make a few molds and off set your costs by making FG parts that could be bolted on to the average fiero. Not as insane as what you got going on, but it seems you have the ability to make a lot of unique parts that Fiero owners would want. Just throwing those thoughts at you.

HAPPY CANADA DAY & HAPPY TREASON DAY (USA) LOL JK?
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2015 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stubby79:

Dead project?

Thanks for asking Stubby79, not yet with project, just playing with the wrong car

I'll be going to Fierofest with the Formula http://www.nwfierofest.com/
so getting the Formula checked out by Dr.Fiero with his new service "INJECTOR TESTING AND CLEANING" https://youtu.be/jHDDaxJq35M

BEFORE:

AFTER:

While checking things out found this and lucky he had the spare part.

The Formula runs really different now, just like new
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2015 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Car-Lo

623 posts
Member since Jun 2006

Originally posted by 85SEnochie:

Feel like I should ask permission first before doing this for real?

That look really awesome, really different than the fastback, nice change to see I would add a lip spoiler
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2015 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the nice comments
Yes when I was younger, but my time is running out and want to live a little

Originally posted by Inferno:

OK OK ENOUGH ENOUGH!

Time for you to leave BC and move to Edmonton so I can make you my new best friend. LOL

Looking good my man. Have you thought of doing some work on the side? I mean you seem to have the skills you could make a few molds and off set your costs by making FG parts that could be bolted on to the average fiero. Not as insane as what you got going on, but it seems you have the ability to make a lot of unique parts that Fiero owners would want. Just throwing those thoughts at you.

HAPPY CANADA DAY & HAPPY TREASON DAY (USA) LOL JK?

Holly Hokey Horns...
The ends looked to goofy, used a hammer to knock them off and ripped the rest the overall didn't look right

Using the Formula wing now, cut to fit the one piece 5" lip spoiler looks like it belongs

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2015 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Car-Lo

623 posts
Member since Jun 2006
Thank you It's still on, will start after spoiler

Originally posted by Steel:

Hopefully not, so curious what this will end up being on final outcome.

The part that's most intriguing is the rear fascia area and how that will look.

TODAYS UPDATE: Don't give me any lip...
Rough out spoiler

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2015 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Carlo...thought you were going to keep this one stock

Not that I am not interested in this current project....

But how about an update on the other
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2015 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TONIGHT'S UPDATE: finished sanding and primed , that's the way it's going to Fierofest, at least we'll be there

Carlo...thought you were going to keep this one stock

Not that I am not interested in this current project....

But how about an update on the other

Thanks TXOPIE for the wake up call family and friends had an intervention for me and tomorrow I'll start the other project.
I'll give it one more shot this year with RBS2 then we'll see if it's going to be past on to you

Steel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2015 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really like the lip looks great, excellent work.

I hope you find the time/inspiration to finish RBS..
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2015 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey John, just out of simple curiosity, what would it take to make RBS road worthy. I am not saying completed, but are all the mounts still there for all the lights? Is the engine still wired up / trans and such?

Would it be possible to do a quick block sand, then shoot it with black primer like RBS One, and make it a drive able car. Or, are there too many loose un-mounted panels. I was reviewing the spy shots I took when I was over with Dr.Fiero and it seems like the car could be operational, really with minor finishing work. (not saying completed mods, just sanded "As Is" and primered) So that the final dream could be completed at a later date. I know the secrete parts delivery for the car were HUGE and can't wait to see that go together. However if you are thinking of passing the project on, drop a me line.

------------------
857GT Part 85GT Part 87GT Part Caddy, 93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Now with Nitrous. Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics For Sale $4000, Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2015 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks TXOPIE for the wake up call family and friends had an intervention for me and tomorrow I'll start the other project.
I'll give it one more shot this year with RBS2 then we'll see if it's going to be past on to you

Car-Lo glad to hear you are going at it again.
No rush as I said before, just when you are ready let me know...it would be the crown jewel!
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2015 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steel:

I really like the lip looks great, excellent work.

I hope you find the time/inspiration to finish RBS..

Thanks Steel, that group intervention really worked on me

TODAY'S UPDATE...
This morning drove to Fort Langley to visit Blair's coffee shop in new location and had a latte
while telling Blair what I wanted to do with the exhaust and how I should do it, he got pen and paper and
showed me utilizing existing parts and what new material needed for the Lambo style centre exhaust tip.

On way home picked up material to do the job

Removed existing exhaust

Chop, chop

Washing off all that old dust

Started welding

installed welded parts to see next step

Put back wings to where the muffler will sit and showing wedge shape exhaust tip

muffler will sit here

That's as far I got today.
Just playing with shape in foam core

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 07-08-2015).]

Joseph

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2015 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JosephSend a Private Message to JosephEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love the mock up, looks excellent.
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2015 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Joseph:

Love the mock up, looks excellent.

Thanks Joseph, that was the 1st mock up of the tip and here's 2nd I'm not sure what would look better

Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2015 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I prefer the first tip design.
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2015 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Neils88:

I think I prefer the first tip design.

Thanks Neils88 for your input (I love your Aventador project )

The 1st tip has crazier angles

The 2nd tip is okay, I'll have to play a bit more

Senior citizens gone wild
We love Fieros, but we like cruising with TOP DOWN

Time is running out for both of us so Henry and I are having fun

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 07-12-2015).]

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2015 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is one great looking car, it was also great seeing you again. I still think those seats would look great in RBS. I spoke to Dr.Fiero this morning and last night about your Formula, sounds like he is going to have it in top shape for your run to the Northwest Fiero Fest in Richland. I warned him the trip over can get really hot, so he said he will take an extra look at all things coolant related.

------------------

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2015 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Capt Fiero:

That is one great looking car, it was also great seeing you again. I still think those seats would look great in RBS. I spoke to Dr.Fiero this morning and last night about your Formula, sounds like he is going to have it in top shape for your run to the Northwest Fiero Fest in Richland. I warned him the trip over can get really hot, so he said he will take an extra look at all things coolant related.

It was great see you and family too and the rest members .

Dr. Fiero picking up the Formula...

He just texted me with pics the Formula wasn't in good shape after all mega rust, almost no battery tray left

Getting a paint job too

Today I'll play with RBS2

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 07-12-2015).]

Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2015 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks Neils88 for your input (I love your Aventador project )

Much appreciated, but my project hardly compares to the amazing work you do! Very inspirational! Your attention to detail is incredible. I can't wait to see it finished!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 40 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock