Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  RBS in-Limbo (extreme makeover) (Page 23)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 40 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
RBS in-Limbo (extreme makeover) by Car-Lo
Started on: 09-25-2011 12:29 AM
Replies: 1576 (186054 views)
Last post by: sourmash on 12-30-2020 08:06 PM
Car-Lo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Habanera Hal:

IMveryHO, keep the forward edge of the light pointed. The flat section just doesn't look right near the point of the front. Trailing edge looks good.

Thanks agaian, Car-Lo, for all the great pictures and updates.

Thanks Habanera for the feedback, the lights are to big and look wrong anyway, also the fenders are too round, I would like to see something more angled wedge like fenders (the hood is fine).

I don't like Mondays...

Today I roughed in fender scoop edge (scoop is to wide) had to continue through to door, I don't like that look (as shown in red area)
Also had to notch hood so door won't hit flipper hood when door is all way up (to goofy for RBS2)

Door open, you can see notch

Door open and all up,

Another view

Anyway I really don't like the design of the scoop edge continue to door, the notch looks goofy and fenders are too round, I'll have to redesign the fenders

IP: Logged
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2013 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just taking the edge off the door does not work for you?

------------------

Love The Excitement! //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2013 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85SEnochie:

Just taking the edge off the door does not work for you?

Well done thanks Terry

a bit more tweak...

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 08-09-2013).]

Habanera Hal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Habanera HalSend a Private Message to Habanera HalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,red "x"s again no pics.

If you don't like the Toyota lights, take a look at Mazda CX-9, they are slim and different enough that I don't think most people would recognize them.
Formula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Could you straighten out the fenders if you used 370z ironman headlights?

They seem to be a lot flatter than the celica ones, and you could cover the L shape on the side to have a really unique look.

[This message has been edited by Formula (edited 08-10-2013).]

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hmmm,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,red "x"s again no pics.

If you don't like the Toyota lights, take a look at Mazda CX-9, they are slim and different enough that I don't think most people would recognize them.

Thanks again for the input, they might do better than Toyota's, I'll have to rethink everything now

Originally posted by Formula:

They seem to be a lot flatter than the celica ones, and you could cover the L shape on the side to have a really unique look.

Thanks Formula that's the best so far, I'll have to look into it.

Just a heads up: I've taken on another project ( to pay for a possibly more headlights and material) so RBS2 is on pause for about 2-3 weeks

Habanera Hal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Habanera HalSend a Private Message to Habanera HalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a heads up: I've taken on another project ( to pay for a possibly more headlights and material) so RBS2 is on pause for about 2-3 weeks

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Today Clynt came over and we had to clean the garage, so RBS2 was happy to get some fresh air

Nice clean garage...

Clynt started tweaking that GOOFY scoop edge

A bit of sanding

More tweaking

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 08-12-2013).]

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Car-Lo:

Well done thanks Terry

a bit more tweak...

I was thinking that corner needed to go away too I all most cut it away but was not sure what to do with the A-pillar but I see you figured that out

------------------

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was thinking that corner needed to go away too I all most cut it away but was not sure what to do with the A-pillar but I see you figured that out

Thanks anyway Terry Clynt wanted to try and keep that goofy scoop edge, so we tweaked and made the same plane to follow through with a nice swopping edge line front to back as shown on red check marks

BEFORE:

AFTER: that looks a bit better, I'll wait and see how RBS2 feels about it (she's pretty fussy sometimes )

Originally posted by Formula:

Thanks again Formula I just checked out the lights too pricy for me, (so that's out) but they are the best looking out there

One more to the MIX, some lines I'll add to RBS2

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 08-13-2013).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Money shot.

Car-lo you put us all to shame,...and we love it !
PFF
System Bot
satinta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for satintaSend a Private Message to satintaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just coming right along now!!
I like the Toyoyta lights BTW. So much nicer then those old flip delete lights everyone has been using since the 90s.

You already have the light holes roughed out, it would take a ton of work to re-do them.....
rodrieguz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2013 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rodrieguzSend a Private Message to rodrieguzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What car is this

GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well its official... you guys missed your calling.... GM should have hired yall a LONG time ago!

Car is looking superb... Stay at it!
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rodrieguz:

What car is this

http://www.carbodydesign.co...ni-diamante-concept/

Originally posted by satinta:

Just coming right along now!!
I like the Toyoyta lights BTW. So much nicer then those old flip delete lights everyone has been using since the 90s.

You already have the light holes roughed out, it would take a ton of work to re-do them.....

Thanks satinta

Originally posted by GADJet:

Well its official... you guys missed your calling.... GM should have hired yall a LONG time ago!

Car is looking superb... Stay at it!

Thanks GADJet, you are way to nice

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 08-14-2013).]

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Maybe a little less goofy?

------------------

kennn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kennnSend a Private Message to kennnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Quite well resolved, actually. Nice work.

Ken

------------------
'88 Formula V6
'88 GT TPI V8

fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I know it may not end up being orange but I'm partial to the color.

------------------
fourpoint9
modifiedfieros.com

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice Steven and colour too I can see RBS2 needs a kicked up rear spoiler now also all blacked out wheels

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 08-17-2013).]

TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Carlo...if you are considering orange, maybe AlsaCrop's copper may look slick:
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the tip TXOPIE that chrome copper colour would be just awesome but this is a very low budget retirement project
As a pensioner I'll be doing all the painting

Maybe a little less goofy?

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 08-18-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for the tip TXOPIE that chrome copper colour would be just awesome but this is a very low budget retirement project
As a pensioner I'll be doing all the painting

Well John that's pretty easy, you find someone else in the club that wants there car painted on the cheap, get them to buy all the supplies and gear. You just supply the sanding and shooting. Or if you would rather. Stu and Scott, (The guys that we got the foam for my nose from) have a paint booth in Coquitlam and routinely buy cheap cars, shoot on new paint and flip the cars. They have offered several times to shoot my V8. However I can never keep it on the road long enough / and have cash in my pocket long enough, to get it to them to shoot it. I am sure they would love to shoot your car and might even do it for the cost of materials plus case of beer and a test drive.

------------------
857GT Part 85GT Part 87GT Part Caddy, 93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Now with Nitrous. Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fourpoint9:

I hope the interior is gonna be just as impressive as the exterior.

TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2013 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car-lo...have you considered one of Amida's G1 interiors...say black with orange stitching if you go with that color?

Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2013 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That thing is looking FEROCIOUS!! LOL or is it FIEROCIOUS!! You will be driving around in one of the meanest looking cars ever to grace the road once it is done. We're simply not worthy LOL...Peace

Pete

------------------
"May the grins begin when you turn the key and hear the engine roar over your shoulder" ......Gall57 (slightly modified LOL)

RumbleB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RumbleBSend a Private Message to RumbleBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

Car-lo...have you considered one of Amida's G1 interiors...say black with orange stitching if you go with that color?

As custom as this car is, I think it would be fitting to construct the interior instead of using a prefabricated kit.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RumbleB:

As custom as this car is, I think it would be fitting to construct the interior instead of using a prefabricated kit.

Bingo ! i doubt car-lo would go that route (the amida dash) as he is trying to do things on a budget and i will be the first to say he has done a pretty darned good job so far !

If he can construct that body, i am guessing he can whip up something easily as impressive on the inside.

Amida's work is better than factory IMO, but Car-lo has proven he is no slouch either !
RumbleB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2013 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RumbleBSend a Private Message to RumbleBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any updates?
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We're going to move headlights down and out as shown in red and redo fenders

Cutting fenders off

Fender less for now

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 09-29-2013).]

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John, we watched you sawzall your first chop top and it broke my heart, then right in front of my eyes, I saw you take a perfectly good fastback clip out of my storage and not only chop it in half but quarter it too, then toss it into the back of your car van, now in public you take a hood that many would dream of having, and take a sawzall to it.....

You had better watch out, you are going to lose the rights to your sawzall......

------------------
857GT Part 85GT Part 87GT Part Caddy, 93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Now with Nitrous. Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CAR LO!!
THIS IS THE POLICE!!!
STEP AWAY FROM THE CAR...PUT DOWN THE SAWZALL AND COME OUT WITH YOUR HANDS UP!
Lol
PFF
System Bot
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 05:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Fiero Nip-Tuck" starring: Car-Lo & Clynt

Tune in for next weeks episode!

(no guts...no glory! )

Lookin good.

HAGO!
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 01-01-2016).]

Stubby79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2013 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

The first step to recovery fiero madness is admitting denying you have a problem.

Dr. W.

Fixed it for ya.
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2013 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Patrick has an 88 parts car in Abbotsford to be stripped, I got a hood and roof for RBS2

Carlo taking roof off for RBS2

Getting ready to load van up

Full van to take back to Vancouver, Patrick's place

Patrick ready to go home

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 05-27-2014).]

Klasse_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2013 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Klasse_GTSend a Private Message to Klasse_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This build have killed many fieros......

Nurse, just bring me another one, please.
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2013 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is the hood count up to, anyway???

Hide your hoods. Joe
GT2efiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2013 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT2efieroSend a Private Message to GT2efieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amazing progress, amazing design, just absolutely amazing. I wish I had the time and skills to make half of what you done so far Car-Lo.

This has encouraged me to get back working on my projects. It has been a while... 86 Fiero GT (3.8 supercharged swap in the future) & 88 RX7 (swapping a 5.0 with a T-5).
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2013 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today Clynt and I installed headlights in proper location and pointed in right direction

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 09-15-2013).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 40 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock