Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  RBS in-Limbo (extreme makeover) (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 40 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
RBS in-Limbo (extreme makeover) by Car-Lo
Started on: 09-25-2011 12:29 AM
Replies: 1576 (186053 views)
Last post by: sourmash on 12-30-2020 08:06 PM
Car-Lo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2011 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today Clynt came over to work on his Harley parts and then we played with the body parts.

Started mocking up the front end, widening the front fender

The front end will look similar to the Gallardo, (I like the two front black boxes)

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 12-11-2011).]

IP: Logged
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2011 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

John i absolutely love everything you are doing, but ,........i do have to ask, why go the route of a near lambo clone ?

What i am referring to is the nose. Why not do something different and unique ??

i think it saps the creativity of all the work you have done, and will make non-fiero people think replica rather than something different.

Just my two cents.

At any rate the project is still spectacular !

pistonbroke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2011 06:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pistonbrokeSend a Private Message to pistonbrokeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I understand Exoticse's concern at making it look too replica, I have nothing against anyone who wants to build a replica. Some are incredible copies and can be more difficult to produce a faithful likeness than interpreting a theme.

It's just my own personal taste. We have a Mclaren dealership 3 miles down the road and I see Lambo's and ferrari's nearly every day... What would give me the biggest kick is a Guy who climbs out of his Lambo, looks over at my Fiero and says "Wow whats that?" Oh I just designed and built it myself!

John you are a man af great resource and I'm confident you will produce a stunning design without it looking like you have just bought a kit car and followed the instructions.

I am following this thread with great interest and my brain is working overtime on a design of my own when I've finally got my current project finished I'll be making a start on the old girl.

Now how can I build something similar in style to this?..

Charles
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2011 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Car-Lo:

Today Clynt came over to work on his Harley parts and then we played with the body parts.

Started mocking up the front end, widening the front fender

The front end will look similar to the Gallardo, (I like the two front black boxes)

Heck yah! looking amazing! Here is a picture in black of that kind of nose
So I don't have to photo shop the color later

Or maybe go back to bumper pads

------------------

Love The Excitement! //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 12-13-2011).]

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2011 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you considered going hatch back?

------------------

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2011 05:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
John i absolutely love everything you are doing, but ,........i do have to ask, why go the route of a near lambo clone ?

What i am referring to is the nose. Why not do something different and unique ??

i think it saps the creativity of all the work you have done, and will make non-fiero people think replica rather than something different.

Just my two cents.

At any rate the project is still spectacular !

On second thought, .....why do i even bother doubting John's vision ?? He always ends up making us all look silly by whipping up something that simply makes us drool.
pistonbroke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2011 06:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pistonbrokeSend a Private Message to pistonbrokeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

On second thought, .....why do i even bother doubting John's vision ?? He always ends up making us all look silly by whipping up something that simply makes us drool.

I agree.

Its all gone a bit quiet... Is Dr Frankenstien rigging up a lightning rod to the roof of his house and about to put jump leads on RBS' genitals?

Next instalment Pleeese
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2011 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

but ,........i do have to ask, why go the route of a near lambo clone ?

You're absolutely right about that Tony thank you for "the wake up call "
I'll be changing direction a bit and making something unique again
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2011 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Car-Lo

623 posts
Member since Jun 2006
Look what RBS got from Santa...

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2011 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John that is just looking SEEEEEEXY !!

i have been looking for a set of those led lights and have them down to a couple of companies. I would be interested in how much those cost you as the ones i am looking at are around $250 to $300.

BTW is all this awesome modding giving Clynt a little itch to do some more to his ??

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 12-26-2011).]

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2011 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

John that is just looking SEEEEEEXY !!

i have been looking for a set of those led lights and have them down to a couple of companies. I would be interested in how much those cost you as the ones i am looking at are around $250 to $300.

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Au...d_audi_drl_sku77.htm

Clynt is focused on his Harley, but he does have more FUN than me playing with RBS

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 12-28-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2011 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Au...d_audi_drl_sku77.htm

(exoticse fumbles for credit card !) HOLY CRAP, what a deal !!

Thanks for the link !

BTW cliff i think this thread definatly deserves a spot in the construction zone !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 12-26-2011).]

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2011 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BTW cliff i think this thread definatly deserves a spot in the construction zone !

------------------

My Build Thread
http://www.tylerstoy.com
My LED marker kits for sale

qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2011 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
great site for the LED and stuff. Just spent $50 on some LED and carbon wrap.

Rob
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2011 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:

great site for the LED and stuff. Just spent $50 on some LED and carbon wrap.

Rob

I also got carbon wrap, glossy and matt (two rolls each) for the interior, will be looking like a jet cockpit.

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 12-27-2011).]

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2011 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Car-Lo

623 posts
Member since Jun 2006

Originally posted by Danyel:

OH NO, I'm with the BIG GUNS here thank you everyone !

BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2011 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

OH NO, I'm with the BIG GUNS here thank you everyone

Awesome!
F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2011 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

OH NO, I'm with the BIG GUNS here thank you everyone !

Well deserved
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2011 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool beans! ya joined us over here! in construction land! I better get workin on my chop again!
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2012 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New years bump!

Joe
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2012 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey CarLo, your plan looks good. I sat in your car at Arlington once, It felt confining then, Where does your head go with the additional 2" chop...in the headrest? JJ When I go up to Harrison Hotsprings in my widetrack F6 we'll have to rendevous.

HappyNeyYear!

Rob
Fierovation
PFF
System Bot
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2012 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by motoracer838:

New years bump!

Joe

Thank you and Happy New Years to all

Originally posted by Amida:

Hey CarLo, your plan looks good. I sat in your car at Arlington once, It felt confining then, Where does your head go with the additional 2" chop...in the headrest? JJ When I go up to Harrison Hotsprings in my widetrack F6 we'll have to rendevous.

HappyNeyYear!

Rob
Fierovation

Thank you, that's why I wanted to keep the sunroof I haven't tried to put a seat in yet and sit this week I'll throw one in and shoot some pics.
That would be great to meet up with two wide trackers I'll have to get playing on RBS

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 01-03-2012).]

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2012 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yesterday did a bit of tweaking...
Needed 1/2" more clearance between hood and headlights, made cuts to bend hood for more curvature.

Fiberglass back together with Evercoat SMC fiberglass Resin

Also made scoop opening larger for an extractor too

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2012 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Car-Lo

623 posts
Member since Jun 2006
Here's the donor seats, I'll only use the tracks for the new seats...(Capt. Fiero has the old RBS seats)

There you go Amida...Stock seat in chopper

Bad news, my hair is touching sunroof

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 01-02-2012).]

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2012 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Car-Lo

623 posts
Member since Jun 2006
Update shots, (while RBS was out of garage today)

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 01-04-2012).]

Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2012 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can try bolting the seat directly to the floor without the track & sit reclined like an F-16 fighter pilot.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2012 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

With each step you look more and more like a genius.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2012 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The end result will be completely AWSOME !!!

------------------

My Build Thread
http://www.tylerstoy.com
My LED marker kits for sale

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2012 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

With each step you look more and more like a genius.

Thanks, you're way to kind, it should be...
With each step I look more like a BOZO

Another blooper, I'll have to butcher up another hood (that would be hood # 3)
I was going to have the fenders separate from the way the hood is cut, Clynt and I decided
it would be a lot easier for the hood meet the fenders.

I'll explain more with pics when we come to that point

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2012 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks, you're way to kind, it should be...
With each step I look more like a BOZO

Another blooper, I'll have to butcher up another hood (that would be hood # 3)
I was going to have the fenders separate from the way the hood is cut, Clynt and I decided
it would be a lot easier for the hood meet the fenders.

I'll explain more with pics when we come to that point

LOL ok lets get real this picture is an easy 10.
The hood looks amazing not BONZO at ALL
And reposting the pic that I am totally ing over

Had to edit to show another quicky

------------------

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 01-03-2012).]

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2012 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Terry, Lambo nose looks great on RBS with extended windshield but I'll have to tweak IT.

PFF
System Bot
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2012 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks Terry, Lambo nose looks great on RBS with extended windshield but I'll have to tweak IT.

O yah I know you are not looken to clone just getten those tweaks flowen

------------------

carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2012 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thank you, that's why I wanted to keep the sunroof I haven't tried to put a seat in yet and sit

Just have a couple of vertebrae removed, and you'll be good-to-go.
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2012 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I always liked Sesto Elemento's rear wing diffuser and exposing the big fat tires.

Playing with some designs for RBS (I know she'll like to expose her 325 Michelins)

Anyway, here's some rough sketches...

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 01-09-2012).]

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2012 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Car-Lo

623 posts
Member since Jun 2006

Originally posted by carnut122:

Just have a couple of vertebrae removed, and you'll be good-to-go.

And we have another clown here
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2012 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rough sketch ??

John you really must be modest, cause that is some pretty awesome conceptual artwork !

I remember being blown away by the concept (below) that you did for me for #4, most of which i will be using BTW.

Oh yeah thanks also for the tip on the DRL, got mine this week.

turbodad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2012 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbodadSend a Private Message to turbodadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since you have no fear of a sawsall, have you considered lowering the floor pan under the seats 2 inches ?

[This message has been edited by turbodad (edited 01-04-2012).]

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2012 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by turbodad:

Since you have no fear of a sawsall, have you considered lowering the floor pan under the seats 2 inches ?

I ran out of blades not lowering floor pan and thanks for the suggestion.
I'll be making custom lower style seats something like Sesto Elemento Lambo (but NOT a clone)

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2012 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Anyway, here's some rough sketches...

Nice, but I notice that the drawing the back end is extended. Are you going to extend the back end?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 01-05-2012).]

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2012 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Nice, but I notice that the drawing the back end is extended. Are you going to extend the back end?

Not really extended, rear lid is not on the naked RBS and that's about 5" longer and about 5" more for the spoiler ?
The rough concept sketch is loosely drawn (no to scale) I'm just playing around with RBS designs for now

RBS with deck lid on...

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 01-05-2012).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 40 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock