Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  RBS in-Limbo (extreme makeover) (Page 20)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 40 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
RBS in-Limbo (extreme makeover) by Car-Lo
Started on: 09-25-2011 12:29 AM
Replies: 1576 (186083 views)
Last post by: sourmash on 12-30-2020 08:06 PM
Heretic

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2013 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HereticSend a Private Message to HereticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Really liking this project! You do great work.
IP: Logged
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2013 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Heretic:

Really liking this project! You do great work.

Thanks Heretic, project tweaked again

Today's update changing RBS2 nose as shown parts marked in red .

We had to lower front cross bar another 1-1/2" and move hinges back 4" to have Lambo nose look ( short and lower hood )

Also lower rad with more angle to clear lower hood (Clynt is modifying rad brackets)

Starting to tweak hood

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 04-22-2013).]

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2013 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cut out template from card

Rough layout, more tweaking later

jaredmurray88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2013 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredmurray88Send a Private Message to jaredmurray88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I LOVE IT!!! Kinda look like mad max mixed in with a lil of speed racers mach 5! Two shows I will alwaays be up for watching!! Keep it up my canadian friends still lookin good.
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaredmurray88:

I LOVE IT!!! Kinda look like mad max mixed in with a lil of speed racers mach 5! Two shows I will alwaays be up for watching!! Keep it up my canadian friends still lookin good.

Thank you so much jaredmurray88, it's slowly evolving into all that mix the wiper bib looks better than last years

New wiper bib continues sloping down with same angle, makes overall windshield look longer

Playing around slapped parts on to visualize

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 04-27-2013).]

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2013 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Today I finished top rad mount...

Taken jacks off and drop RBS2 to ground, rad is only 20" high very low front nose

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2013 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I said it before,......

Car-lo everytime we think you have gone off the deep end by cutting up some already seemingly fabulous work, you make us all look silly by crafting something even better !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 05-02-2013).]

kennn

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2013 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kennnSend a Private Message to kennnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nasty looking machine. True artistic exploration. Thanks for illustrating the pushing of the boundaries of the possible.

Ken

------------------
'88 Formula V6
'88 GT TPI V8

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

I said it before,......

Car-lo everytime we think you have gone off the deep end by cutting up some already seemingly fabulous work, you make us all look silly by crafting something even better !

Thanks exoticse, just two old grumpy guys having fun

Today Patrick came over to fix his cracked rocker panel, after that we all played with RBS2.
She was happy to get out from garage and we turned her around facing out, so we can play with front end.

we notice wheel rubbing fix that later

Started to cut and fit lights

Originally posted by kennn:

Nasty looking machine. True artistic exploration. Thanks for illustrating the pushing of the boundaries of the possible.

Ken

Thanks Ken, looks like the front end will be similar to the Lambo Veneno

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 05-07-2013).]

GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2013 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man this build always amazes me every time I open it back up. But honestly I think you need to rename the car to FRANKENSTEIN.
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2013 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GADJet:

Man this build always amazes me every time I open it back up. But honestly I think you need to rename the car to FRANKENSTEIN.

Thanks GADjet for the tip...Meet FRANK-EN-STEIN or FES1

Okay, here we go again I'm going for it the Veneno look

Rough mock up in card, one side only

PFF
System Bot
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2013 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good lord this will be such a badass car if you ever get it finished... That nose is amazing.

Pete

------------------
"May the grins begin when you turn the key and hear the engine roar over your shoulder" ......Gall57 (slightly modified LOL)

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2013 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pete Matos:

Good lord this will be such a badass car if you ever get it finished... That nose is amazing.

Pete

Thanks Pete, all mix of Lambos slowly getting done

Cutting off old RBS2 hood and building up FES1 Veneno hood

Flipped mock up to other side before cutting new hood parts make sure it's the same

Patrick dropped by

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 05-11-2013).]

TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2013 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't believe I almost missed the giant frog head...so intensely looking at the work on your car...keep up the amazing work!
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2013 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

I can't believe I almost missed the giant frog head...so intensely looking at the work on your car...keep up the amazing work!

That's funny TXOPIE almost missing the TOAD (not a frog) and thank you for the compliment

Originally posted by GADJet:

Thanks again GADjet, thinking it over should be a female name " The BRIDE of FRANKENSTIEN" she's beautiful with a scary edge

Not much done this weekend (family thing)...

A butchered hood in progress, hood back bone left for some strength until finished, then remove more material

Front view

Back view

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2013 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Car-Lo:

Patrick dropped by

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

I can't believe I almost missed the giant frog head...so intensely looking at the work on your car...

That's funny TXOPIE almost missing the TOAD (not a frog)

John, thanks for clarifying the toad/frog issue.
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2013 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He,he,he nobody noticed there's one TOAD in bucket on page 17

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 05-14-2013).]

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2013 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Car-Lo

623 posts
Member since Jun 2006
Very rough photoshop done in popcorn anyway you get the rough idea

One more Lambo to add to the mix

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 05-26-2013).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2013 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

He,he,he nobody noticed there're one TOAD in bucket on page 17

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2013 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Car-lo what material is that you are using to mock up the decklid vents and the nose ??
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2013 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Car-lo what material is that you are using to mock up the decklid vents and the nose ??

It's called... DISPLAY CARD 6 PLY 30"X44" (at your local art store)
PFF
System Bot
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2013 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks Pete, all mix of Lambos slowly getting done

Cutting off old RBS2 hood and building up FES1 Veneno hood

Flipped mock up to other side before cutting new hood parts make sure it's the same

Patrick dropped by

Are those the last gen. Toyota Celica headlights?....Plus are you gonna stay with a round gas door or more angular to match the rest of the body contours?

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2013 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogtlt1:

Are those the last gen. Toyota Celica headlights?....Plus are you gonna stay with a round gas door or more angular to match the rest of the body contours?

Yes Celica headlights, about the round gas door I was thinking about that and yes I'll have to do something there (one thing leads to another)

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/FREE...uhb=1#ht_8236wt_1398
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2013 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have never seen a car get as much attention as my Murci replica. I'll bet that if it was parked next to your finished car that yours would out draw mine by a long ways though. Do you have a tentative estimate of your finish time? I still have sad feelings that your original car is no more in spite of my full approval of what you are doing.
BOBBY D

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2013 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BOBBY DSend a Private Message to BOBBY DEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Front view

[QUOTE]

Is that supposed to look like the pontiac sysmbol on purpose or do I see pontiac in everything?

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2013 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BOBBY D:

Is that supposed to look like the pontiac sysmbol on purpose or do I see pontiac in everything?

Not really, I was just copying the Veneno hood and accidentally had that Pontiac shape that's all.

Originally posted by dratts:

I have never seen a car get as much attention as my Murci replica. I'll bet that if it was parked next to your finished car that yours would out draw mine by a long ways though. Do you have a tentative estimate of your finish time? I still have sad feelings that your original car is no more in spite of my full approval of what you are doing.

Thanks dratts, you're way to kind to RBS2 if it does draw more attention it would be only because it looks somewhat of all the latest concept Lambos mix in blender
Don't be sad about the old RBS, she left me for someone better anyway much more fun with RBS2

Not much progress since last time, been busy with other things, just a few pics shot today

Thanks for asking dratts, here you go...

SCHEDULE: finish body work: end of June / finish interior: July / drive RBS2 in primer and get gremlins out: August .

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2013 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Epic, simply epic.
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2013 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bridgetown:

Epic, simply epic.

Thank you so much Bridgetown,

This morning playing with "beyond thunderdome" see if I can pull in some design from Egoista before finishing hood.

This what it looks like playing with design, cutting card, rough mock ups and having fun

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 05-19-2013).]

renderareason

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2013 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for renderareasonSend a Private Message to renderareasonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

SCHEDULE: finish body work: end of June / finish interior: July / drive RBS2 in primer and get gremlins out: August .

That’s an aggressive schedule! I look forward to seeing your progress, keep up the good work!
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2013 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On the one hand, the artistic side of me sceams "Holy cow this thing is wild, original, inspirational, and truely deserving of an Ingenuity Award (if such a thing existed)". Kudos for having the courage, patience, and vision to turn a Fiero into a truly one-of-a-kind beast!

On the other hand, the practical side of me hopes that the car won't be sidelined by your provincial Motor Vehicle Act for such things as a lack of bumpers, or your ability to get insurance coverage for it. Fingers crossed you've looked into these issues.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2013 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bloozberry:
.... the car won't be sidelined by your provincial Motor Vehicle Act for such things as a lack of bumpers, or your ability to get insurance coverage for it..

I know for a fact I couldnt do that mod here in KayBeck .... would get the car towed away ... QPP are intolerant on mod cars .... I have RAM air on my Widow got pulled over twice in one week .... shaved doors handles are illegal.... imagine the rest........grrrrr

love the looks there Carlo ... keep those pics comin !!!

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 05-23-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2013 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

6087 posts
Member since Sep 2008
double post

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 05-23-2013).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2013 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Do you have a tentative estimate of your finish time?

Originally posted by renderareason:

That’s an aggressive schedule!

Ummm... anyone notice that John didn't mention anything about what year he might've been referring to?

I know that John really enjoys doing this kind of stuff, but seriously, it's too bad that John doesn't have two Fieros... one to tinker with, and one to drive. He could then alternate between the two as the need arises.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 05-24-2013).]

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2013 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Do you have a tentative estimate of your finish time?

Originally posted by renderareason:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Patrick:

Ummm... anyone notice that John didn't mention anything about what year he might've been referring to?

Originally posted by Bloozberry:

On the one hand, the artistic side of me sceams "Holy cow this thing is wild, original, inspirational, and truely deserving of an Ingenuity Award (if such a thing existed)". Kudos for having the courage, patience, and vision to turn a Fiero into a truly one-of-a-kind beast!

On the other hand, the practical side of me hopes that the car won't be sidelined by your provincial Motor Vehicle Act for such things as a lack of bumpers, or your ability to get insurance coverage for it. Fingers crossed you've looked into these issues.

Thank you so much for the compliment Bloozberry and tip

No, haven't looked into these issues I may have to insurance it as a hot rod without all that stuff or design bumpers tucked in between hood and wing add mud flaps to cover the exposed 325

Even the headlights are too low at 18-3/4" from grade, RBS2 may not pass anything

I'll keep you posted about the issues I'll have to go through

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 05-26-2013).]

Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2013 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmm...set those up as your driving lights (40cm minimum, only 2 allowed and only when highbeam is on) and stick some popup headlights farther up for the inspection? you can remove or disable 'em after.
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2013 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

double post

Danyel, you're just double trouble

Originally posted by Stubby79:

Hmm...set those up as your driving lights (40cm minimum, only 2 allowed and only when highbeam is on) and stick some popup headlights farther up for the inspection? you can remove or disable 'em after.

Thank you Stubby, Danyel and Bloozberry only Canadians made comments on safety

Today, just playing with fenders

JUST A HEADS UP...
I've taken on another project, RBS2 is on pause for two weeks ( that will pay for more goodies for her )

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 05-31-2013).]

Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2013 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've taken on another project, RBS2 is on pause for two weeks ( that will pay for more goodies for her

Eight days down, six more to go... by then we expect an update... (whatcha' buyin'?)

nightonfire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2013 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Way to go guys, things are looking impressive!
RockDork

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2013 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RockDorkSend a Private Message to RockDorkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just checked in on your progress after about 2 months of forgetting about it. (cant believe I let this slip my mind) So pleasantly surprised when I checked back in. I'm speechless.........

*changes underwear*
2Sly4U

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2013 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2Sly4USend a Private Message to 2Sly4UEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love this thread.

Just thought I would try a little Photoshop...using your photo and merging with the lambo! and I tweaked a few hood lines in the 3rd and 4th photo.

Let me know your thoughts.

Here is the photo I used!

[This message has been edited by 2Sly4U (edited 06-12-2013).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 40 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock