Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  RBS in-Limbo (extreme makeover) (Page 28)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 40 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
RBS in-Limbo (extreme makeover) by Car-Lo
Started on: 09-25-2011 12:29 AM
Replies: 1576 (186084 views)
Last post by: sourmash on 12-30-2020 08:06 PM
nuruigumi

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2014 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nuruigumiClick Here to visit nuruigumi's HomePageSend a Private Message to nuruigumiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Car-Lo:

Thanks nuruigumi for painting her Ferrari red actually that's looks really good, she's a bit sorry now the fenders are cut off

Meh, it did look good but your intuition is what brought you this far. If it's telling you something's still not quite right, I would think you should probably trust it. In a passion project like this, where no one is paying you or giving deadlines, and the piece represents you and only you as a designer, uncompromised, don't ever settle for "good enough." So it's back to the drawing board!
IP: Logged
nuruigumi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2014 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nuruigumiClick Here to visit nuruigumi's HomePageSend a Private Message to nuruigumiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nuruigumi

9 posts
Member since Jun 2014
This is not the most refined thing I have ever photoshopped but it's just one idea of how to go in a totally different direction for the fenders.

If you're looking for inspiration, I would say these are my favorite lambo concepts:

Sorry for spamming up the thread but sharing is caring, you know?
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2014 02:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks nuruigumi for sharing great samples I have seen them before, but it's always good to get a wake up call
The problem is designing the front with existing headlights, maybe ditch the lights and start with something different

Today the garage was hose down nice clean fresh start

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 07-18-2014).]

davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2014 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good job Car-lo,It`s about time that frog got a bath! lol
nuruigumi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2014 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nuruigumiClick Here to visit nuruigumi's HomePageSend a Private Message to nuruigumiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ah, now I understand. Yes, very challenging to incorporate the same headlights. Didn't even think about that. my photoshop car didn't even have headlights... whoops.

Maybe fenders like one of these?
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

The Mazda RX500 being my personal favorite. Although, you could go with something like what you had before but then add wide fenders like Liberty Walk style.

[This message has been edited by nuruigumi (edited 07-18-2014).]

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2014 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick is a TOAD (not a frog) one happy camper now a clean bucket too

Originally posted by davylong86:

Good job Car-lo,It`s about time that frog got a bath! lol

Today: relocated headlights, lower and back, this gives a bigger step as shown in red

AndyQB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2014 05:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AndyQBSend a Private Message to AndyQBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hiya
Have you considered a change in build technique/methodology at his point?

I have recently encountered a similar headache and ultimately resorted to wire frame forming or ally rod forming as below where I have re-modelled a 300zx front end into a single front tilt clip.

I use 8mm for the hard outside lines that will form nice panel edges and 6mm bar for the ribbing/detail contouring. Don't weld - just use (good) cable ties so that you retain movement etc.

Then tape everything off to get a pretty good idea of how it will look - then glass over the parcel tape and your done pretty quickly.

If you use a stretch instead of tape initially you can get under and morph the curves to suit - then tape when done.

Also great for defining those critical lines that need to follow /create the connecting lines to feature/details front/back
Much cheaper then foam as we'll :-))

Hope that might help if you are in design brain freeze mode. ;-))
AndyQB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2014 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AndyQBSend a Private Message to AndyQBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

AndyQB

26 posts
Member since Mar 2014
...Hope that didn't come across as rude in any way!!

I sketch and draw my concepts as well as create elaborate 3DSMax 3D renderings - but there is nothing that beats walking around your work and seeing it in real time. Hence the suggestion of the change of tack, as I believe that maybe ally rods with a stretch fabric may give you that rapid development cycle that you may be needing with the min. of cost and aggro.
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2014 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you so much AndyQB for your comments, suggestions and you're NOT being RUDE at all it's an honour to have you aboard
I'm sure we all want to see your 3D rendering of the master piece now

As for the wire frame thing, it's too alien for me, I'm happy carving out the shape in foam, that was a lot of fun !

Originally posted by AndyQB:

...Hope that didn't come across as rude in any way!!

I sketch and draw my concepts as well as create elaborate 3DSMax 3D renderings - but there is nothing that beats walking around your work and seeing it in real time. Hence the suggestion of the change of tack, as I believe that maybe ally rods with a stretch fabric may give you that rapid development cycle that you may be needing with the min. of cost and aggro.

Lastest update...

I removed everything in front, some reinforcing to be made before redesigning fenders

Glued foam to underside of hood to make separation ledge to fit on divider wall on frame to separate compartment from extractor rad area

divider wall (shown in red) separating compartment from extractor rad area

Reinforcing area shown in red, also brackets to hold up front of wing

All welded up to finish off front fender frame and enclosed headlights pans

Rain drain opening at lowest point (shown in red) we do live in the rain forest here in BC

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 08-29-2014).]

AndyQB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2014 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AndyQBSend a Private Message to AndyQBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Go wide!

Can't release too much info yet as there's a [related] book in process so :-))
AndyQB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2014 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AndyQBSend a Private Message to AndyQBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John,

I think your answer to the front/fender issues could lay with the Lambo Sinistro concept by - Maher Thebian - I think that would work REALLY well!

You could maybe tone it down a tad!! ;-))

Andy
PFF
System Bot
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AndyQB:

John,

I think your answer to the front/fender issues could lay with the Lambo Sinistro concept by - Maher Thebian - I think that would work REALLY well!

You could maybe tone it down a tad!! ;-))

Andy

Thanks Andy, I've seen them all, again the problem is designing around existing headlights sure you can slap any fenders on, but it's the headlights you have deal with or ditch them

I noticed you're also using Celica headlights, but for some reason your front end reminds me of Patrick
AndyQB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 06:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AndyQBSend a Private Message to AndyQBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ha ha - nice one John.

A
AndyQB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 06:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AndyQBSend a Private Message to AndyQBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

AndyQB

26 posts
Member since Mar 2014
You could put any lights in those scoops and it would not matter TBH - maybe go back to some quality projector lamps in a menacing formation within each scoop - get that evil TOAD stare going on...
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Geneva Motor Show...

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 12-31-2014).]

AndyQB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AndyQBSend a Private Message to AndyQBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Noooooooo - I'm staying sensible - front looks like this...

nuruigumi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2014 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nuruigumiClick Here to visit nuruigumi's HomePageSend a Private Message to nuruigumiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
manoah2u

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2014 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for manoah2uSend a Private Message to manoah2uEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
to be honest, i'm going to say in my humble opinion - the headlights don't do the car 'justice'. I think i can only explain it in the sense
where the entire car looks stealthy, sharp, clean-cut and overall amazing, i think the headlights are 'out of place'. they look too 'tender',
too 'ferrari f50' like. too smooth, too 'elegant'. It makes the appearance look softer and milder, while the rest of the car is 'wild' and 'sharp'
without being too agressive or overdone.

that's just my opinion, offcourse, but with all the hard and great work, since the celica headlights are mounted, i feel like its being restrained.
i feel like the car is better off with a very different approach regarding the headlights. perhaps pop-ups, perhaps something triangular.

i don't think space-age led ricer lights belong there either - it just needs a 'meaner' look

for example, here are some 'mean' expressions

how about motorbike headlights? *don't look at the ricer led stuff*

manoah2u

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2014 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for manoah2uSend a Private Message to manoah2uEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

manoah2u

9 posts
Member since Jun 2014
here's an impression of something 'meaner'

manoah2u

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2014 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for manoah2uSend a Private Message to manoah2uEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

manoah2u

9 posts
Member since Jun 2014
imho, it looks so much sharper - more like a 'blade'.

again, it's just my opinion, just want to share it with you. you are cunning and creative enough to make your own headlights, that's for sure.
PFF
System Bot
manoah2u

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2014 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for manoah2uSend a Private Message to manoah2uEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oh and just in time for some inspiration:

free view on the front wheels!

[This message has been edited by manoah2u (edited 07-29-2014).]

manoah2u

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2014 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for manoah2uSend a Private Message to manoah2uEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
have you btw concidered 5th gen camaro oracle concept mirrors?

AndyQB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2014 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AndyQBSend a Private Message to AndyQBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree with the comment about the lights wholly - hence my suggestion of losing there focus by putting them inside a suitably angled and menacing structure.. ;-)
manoah2u

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2014 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for manoah2uSend a Private Message to manoah2uEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
some more inspiration; citroen cactus, i'm quite positive the car won't be appearing anywhere in the US soon, but parts surely will be available through the WWW.

yeah its fugly, but - the headlights (led) are awesome, seen in the flesh, might be more what you're looking for.
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2014 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This thread needs less of everybody else's ideas and more of Car-Lo's.
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2014 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bloozberry:

I agree... Some of the last photos look like crap to me...
Boogaloo

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2014 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoogalooSend a Private Message to BoogalooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This thread is getting away from reality with all these concept ideas so let us get back to our senses and let carLo make his own decision, he was creative enough to step out of the box and reach this far so nobody idea counts ........ you can't make a wheel square.
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2014 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boogaloo:

This thread is getting away from reality with all these concept ideas so let us get back to our senses and let carLo make his own decision, he was creative enough to step out of the box and reach this far so nobody idea counts ........ you can't make a wheel square.

Does this mean he is gonna take off the ideas that people on here gave him?
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2014 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shhhh more work less chit chat!! I can't wait to retire so I can have the time to tackle extreme mods like this!! Proceed buddy!!!!
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2014 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bloozberry:

Yes, thats my thinking too. No offence to those who are enthusiastic to contribute but please keep it to links to photos or pm's to keep this thread clean...

For me this is my favorite thread to follow on PFF, even since it began, I am only seriously interested in Carlo's progress, demolishing his progress and his dealing with toads
Can't wait for more updates, keep it up !

oh btw, only one advice ( don't listen to it ! ) make it different enough for not being mistaken for a Lambo replica....RBS2 has enough ideas, vision and personality to stand out on its own
PFF
System Bot
Boogaloo

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2014 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoogalooSend a Private Message to BoogalooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Does this mean he is gonna take off the ideas that people on here gave him?

No but it is lately getting overboard with all these futuristic illustrations he has come this far on his own....BTW how is Clint doing ?.
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2014 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by manoah2u:

here's an impression of something 'meaner'

This. This. This.

That fits the car in my opinion
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2014 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boogaloo:

No but it is lately getting overboard with all these futuristic illustrations he has come this far on his own....BTW how is Clint doing ?.

Clint just left here, I actually asked him if he had been sick, in response to your question, he is doing fine now. He was in the area and stopped by my place on a whim.

However I am starting to wonder if John is alright, been a lot of posts and no reply from him in a few days? John ya out there?

Do we need to get you one of those "I've Fallen and I can't get up buttons" or maybe in your case, "My car has eaten me and I can't get away"

------------------
857GT Part 85GT Part 87GT Part Caddy, 93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Now with Nitrous. Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics For Sale $4000, Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

AndyQB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AndyQBSend a Private Message to AndyQBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi

Been thinking about your fenders too much - I keep coming back to this kinda thing? ;-)

It's the same idea - putting the lights inside the fenders - but I thought this was a good fit for your cars overall image.
Long time no post - hope your ok. - It's starting to feel that we have ruined a beautiful thing - its just people trying to help, and were all different - thats what makes the world go round ;-))

I suspect the car is finished and in paint already. Spill ;-))

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2014 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i totally agree with some of the other posters who felt one or two suggestive picture posts are fine, but repeated multi-picture concept injections should be handled via PM.

Nothing wrong with offering help, but you don't want to pollute someone else's thread and unintentionally turn it into your own personal playground.

Just jumbles and confuses things IMO.

** P.S. - In case you were wondering it was MY MULTI-PICTURE CONCEPT INJECTION, to John, that sparked this whole extreme makeover. i sent it via PM, after following his original build thread on the Canadian forum. **

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 08-22-2014).]

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2014 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Huuummm NO News since 07-23-2014 01:49 PM Carlo where are you !!!!!!

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2014 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone heard from Carlo ?
It has been a while that he does not post.
Can someone check on him ?
and let us know if he is ok

I hope everything is ok
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2014 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just to ease peoples minds, yes he is fine, just taking a break.

------------------
857GT Part 85GT Part 87GT Part Caddy, 93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Now with Nitrous. Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics For Sale $4000, Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

AndyQB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2014 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AndyQBSend a Private Message to AndyQBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oooooooooh! I really like that ;-))

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 40 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock