Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  RBS in-Limbo (extreme makeover) (Page 17)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 40 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
RBS in-Limbo (extreme makeover) by Car-Lo
Started on: 09-25-2011 12:29 AM
Replies: 1576 (186081 views)
Last post by: sourmash on 12-30-2020 08:06 PM
Car-Lo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2012 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Clynt dropped by and playing with brackets to hold lower fender in place, upper fender and hood to flip up all in one

Cutting out window opening on rear deck lid...

I always loved Skitimes window exposing the 3800SC, I had to have one too

RBS2 will never look as good as Skitimes's RBS2 3800 needs lots of polishing and cool paint job also no intercooling to raise the supercharger higher up

Cutting out rear extractor and third brake light panel

Good weekend

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 10-29-2012).]

IP: Logged
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2012 03:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The sheer number of custom parts on this car is simply staggering.

I hope you guys are keeping the patterns for each part in case of any kind of mishap.

Just might make it easier to reproduce or repair ?

You guys need to be on speed channel !
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2012 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good! This thread messes up my mind every time I see it.
aFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2012 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for aFieroSend a Private Message to aFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After I am done with school I too am going to attempt something like this. This is a wonderful inspiration to us all!

Andrew

------------------
-Andrew's Garage
1986 SE 2M6

fiero67

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 107
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2012 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero67Send a Private Message to fiero67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carnut122:

me too!
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2012 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
The sheer number of custom parts on this car is simply staggering.

I hope you guys are keeping the patterns for each part in case of any kind of mishap.

Just might make it easier to reproduce or repair ?

You guys need to be on speed channel !

Thanks exoticse, it doesn't cost anything to cut holes onto body parts
NO patterns, if mishap to RBS2 it's a good excuse to tweak it again

A little hacking...

Tweaking extractor panel, also cut out extractor opening on deck lid

Clynt roughing out mock up

Cut out card to cover window opening to visualize the over all look

Originally posted by carnut122:

Thank you camut122, I hope it's a good thing

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 10-31-2012).]

diabloroadster

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2012 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for diabloroadsterSend a Private Message to diabloroadsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IMOP- When finished this will be the coolest Fiero recreation on the planet Earth......
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2012 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It will be so hard to decide my favorite tweak on this car once it's finished - that decklid is definitely one of the contenders!
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2012 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Car-Lo:

all I have to say is HELL YAH!

------------------

Love The Excitement! https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 11-09-2012).]

Number3IRMFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2012 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Number3IRMFIEROSend a Private Message to Number3IRMFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This car has AMAZING lines. I am new to this site and I scrolled through all the pages looking at pics. Excuse me but I have to ask. Is this going to be a moldable kit when finished, or is this just a one off? I think if you were to mold it, people would buy it! I def would consider buying this as a kit.
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2012 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Number3IRMFIERO:

This car has AMAZING lines. I am new to this site and I scrolled through all the pages looking at pics. Excuse me but I have to ask. Is this going to be a moldable kit when finished, or is this just a one off? I think if you were to mold it, people would buy it! I def would consider buying this as a kit.

Nope. Car-Lo makes one-of-a-kind vehicles.

Speaking of, where's he at? Last update was in October!
PFF
System Bot
carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2012 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Car-Lo:

It couldn't possibly be better! It's easily the most creative and extensive redesign to date. I hope to see it in person some day.
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2012 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not to much playing around lately...

Fiberglass tail end

Long time ago I pick up Avalanche 3rd brake lights from auto wreckers (might as well use one)

Cut out opening top side

Cut out opening underside to access brake light

Started mocking up 3rd wing, that will be moulded in and be part of body (two lower wings are separate from body)

Far right side is antique baby crib Clynt is fixing for client

Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2012 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Coming along nicely! Thanks for the pic fix

Jim
KenFormula88

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2012 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KenFormula88Send a Private Message to KenFormula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh sweet baby Jesus, I can't wait to see this thing finished.

------------------

fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2012 02:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What are you thinking for tail lights? how about 2000 Honda CRV?

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2012 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fourpoint9:

What are you thinking for tail lights? how about 2000 Honda CRV?

Thanks Steven, best one so far and very close Honda tail lights go great with Honda headlights that I DITCHED

Clynt was looking on e-bay and found something more Mad Max looking tail lights with sharper angles and LEDs

A bit of playing today, but not to much...
3rd wing S.M.(thin wall) frame

Cut oversize shape of 3rd wing using 1" polyisocyanurate foam

Foam glued on S.M.frame (wing will be removable), tomorrow I'll be shaping wing

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 11-18-2012).]

Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2012 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lookin' good Car-Lo. Weather outside is cold & wet again...no more outdoor bodyshop for a while. Your neighbors must be very understanding.
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2012 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Lookin' good Car-Lo. Weather outside is cold & wet again...no more outdoor bodyshop for a while. Your neighbors must be very understanding.

Thanks Amida, that's what we get living in the north west I'm slowing down neighbors are always coming over to chat

Clynt came over and welded nuts under frame (wing can be removable with bolts)
We trimmed wing to size, edge needs to be bevelled later on short afternoon.

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2012 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Clynt and I just got back from Blaine WA. U.S. (only 1/2 hour drive from Vancouver ) picked up goodies for RBS2.
Free shipping to "Hagen's of Blaine" also NO DUTY & TAX

fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2012 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you gonna let us see what's in the boxes?
PFF
System Bot
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2012 02:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's a good one fourpoint9, I'm still smiling Christmas will be here soon
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2012 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HAPPY THANKSGIVING USA ...

It's getting cold and playing around with RBS2 is slowing down so here's a Flashback of the original RBS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1d4qfN8rcs

http://www.youtube.com/watc...ilpage&v=ulC1l9xt7Ls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhgDgIHSFyk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doIZoSsvCRM

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 12-21-2012).]

Xyster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2012 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XysterSend a Private Message to XysterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Time to slow down? NOoooooooooooooooooo!

You have turned me into a RBS-2 junkie. I start getting all itchie if I go more than a few days without getting to see an update.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2012 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A local club member suggested I check out this thread. So I clicked on it, started scrolling down to see what all the hubbub is about, and...

OH MY FREAKING GAWD!!!

John, this has to be the most radical build I've seen on this forum. It makes my car look like a weekend project in comparison. Keep up the great work!
Reallybig

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2012 05:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ReallybigSend a Private Message to ReallybigEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xyster:

You have turned me into a RBS-2 junkie. I start getting all itchie if I go more than a few days without getting to see an update.

I'll second that!

And don't use that excuse about the never ending rain from October through April. I'm sure there's fiberglass resin that you can apply under water.
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2012 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anybody claimed the rear bumper from old RBS? I may be interested if no one else has taken it yet.

Terry

A little photo chop that puts a smile on my face I enjoy your photo chops too

------------------

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 11-30-2012).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2012 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

A local club member suggested I check out this thread. So I clicked on it, started scrolling down to see what all the hubbub is about, and...

OH MY FREAKING GAWD!!!

John, this has to be the most radical build I've seen on this forum. It makes my car look like a weekend project in comparison. Keep up the great work!

hehehe,...i am sure you are not alone,... there are still a lot of people on pennocks who have no idea this is all going on here.

When they find out they will have the same reaction as you or be even more surprised.
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2012 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I still have the opinion that RBS-2 should not have been cut up, you could have used RBS-2 as your daily driver and took the sawzall to a different Fiero. RBS-2 was an amazing ride and everyone loved it, even though it only had a 3800SC, I still loved it. I'll bet it cried a little tear when you took the first cut with the sawzall.

However I do understand rising from the ashes is something bigger and better.

P.S. the nose on my car got dinged a bit while on its trip down to the shop for the new motor, so come spring I'll need you to help me mix a batch of filler so I can fill in the chips and sand it over. Nothing deeper than the thickness of a toonie, but probably and inch long. I believe you left some of the mix here, what kinda of shelf life does that stuff have?

------------------
857GT Part 85GT Part 87GT Part Caddy, 93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Now with Nitrous. Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2012 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Capt Fiero:
I still have the opinion that RBS-2 should not have been cut up,

Capt
I really loved RBS-2 n was very surprised when he took the saw to it
but I have to say that what he is doing now is amazing !!!

[This message has been edited by 85LAMB (edited 11-28-2012).]

carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2012 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I still love(d) and missed the look of the old version. At least you'll have some interesting "before, before again, and after" pictures for you photo album.
PFF
System Bot
jaredmurray88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2012 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredmurray88Send a Private Message to jaredmurray88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys!! loooong time no see. just hijacked the in laws computer for a bit lol good to see carlo and his henchman is still at work in the lab. Good to see the progress on others cars while mine is in drydock again for the winter and garageless. That is until the spring when hopefully the tax gods may shine on us for one last buying season until the day we can hit the streets again lol. Who knows maybe we will meet on a far off road when summer is here and the time is right for some racing in the streets.... eh?
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2012 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85SEnochie:

Has anybody claimed the rear bumper from old RBS? I may be interested if no one else has taken it yet.

Terry

A little photo chop that puts a smile on my face I enjoy your photo chops too

It's snowing today looks like we'll have a white Christmas

Rear old RBS bumper and tail light panel is still available, it's a widebody fit at 69" wide (will have to be cut to fit stock)

Originally posted by Blacktree:

OH MY FREAKING GAWD!!!

Thank you so much Blacktree, I'm very lucky to have a buddy like Clynt helping out with his skills, he's having too much fun than me and always pushing me to play with RBS2

CETICARS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2012 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CETICARSSend a Private Message to CETICARSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2012 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bummer I forgot about the width I would have to put some hips on it oh well thanks for letting me know.

Terry

------------------

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2012 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please PM me total with shipping ... just bumper part ... I already have blank tail light panel ... G6V-9T6..... I also have a purolator account if you have a good price for both items
let me know
regards
Danyel

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 12-20-2012).]

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2012 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Please PM me total with shipping ... just bumper part ... I already have blank tail light panel ... G6V-9T6..... I also have a purolator account if you have a good price for both items
let me know
regards
Danyel

Danyel, I'm very sorry I'll be swapping both parts locally here, it's a lot easier for me.
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2012 02:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Car-Lo

623 posts
Member since Jun 2006

Originally posted by Xyster:

Thank you all for having fun watching two grumpy old men playing with RBS2
It's getting to cold and we're busy with family TO BE CONTINUED sometime in January

HAPPY HOLIDAYS...
from John, Clynt and Blazie

HAPPY NEW YEAR , see you all in January

carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2012 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love the picture, but you're blocking my view of the car!
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2012 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Although there is not one part the same, there is something about your build that makes me think of the new Aventador which I like a lot more than the limited production Reventon. Just another fan of your awe inspiring work!

[This message has been edited by dratts (edited 12-30-2012).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 40 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock