Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  RBS in-Limbo (extreme makeover) (Page 24)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 40 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
RBS in-Limbo (extreme makeover) by Car-Lo
Started on: 09-25-2011 12:29 AM
Replies: 1576 (186083 views)
Last post by: sourmash on 12-30-2020 08:06 PM
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2013 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good work.
IP: Logged
KVCFIERO

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2013 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KVCFIEROSend a Private Message to KVCFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 88 you guys cut up looked nicer than the one I drive. How many Fieros have been sacrificed in this build?
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2013 05:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KVCFIERO:

The 88 you guys cut up looked nicer than the one I drive. How many Fieros have been sacrificed in this build?

Not enough or they would be done by now! LOL

But seriously the Fiero is not a rare car like some people would like to believe. I can buy rust free Fiero’s all day long in Texas for as little as $100 bucks for a parts car. My brother just picked up a rust free 87 SE for $250 that runs. If I had a dollar for every time I read a post or a craigslist ad with rare Fiero in it I could buy 10,000 Fiero’s.
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2013 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlackThunderGT:

But seriously the Fiero is not a rare car like some people would like to believe. I can buy rust free Fiero’s all day long in Texas for as little as $100 bucks for a parts car. My brother just picked up a rust free 87 SE for $250 that runs. If I had a dollar for every time I read a post or a craigslist ad with rare Fiero in it I could buy 10,000 Fiero’s.

There's a lot less Fieros in Canada...
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2013 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Car-Lo:

Today Clynt and I installed headlights in proper location and pointed in right direction

That is definitely a good idea. Awesome work!
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2013 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So the headlights will stay in place when the hood is tilted?
countach500

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2013 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for countach500Send a Private Message to countach500Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fantastic job
justinchristie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2013 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for justinchristieClick Here to visit justinchristie's HomePageSend a Private Message to justinchristieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sourmug:

There's a lot less Fieros in Canada...

Agreed. I know of 1 that I see on a bi-monthly basis in the area.

Great build BTW.

------------------
1986 Fiero SE 3.4L pushrod build up | Blog | My Portfolio site
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2013 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fourpoint9:

So the headlights will stay in place when the hood is tilted?

No, they are still mounted on hood, extended light brackets as shown marked red

We are going to redesign rear scoops to match front hood using Caddy XTS third brake light

Cutting off old scoops

Clynt marking next cut

More cutting

Clynt making a rough mock up

Old scoops

We had a good day

TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2013 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
JUST AMAZING...can't wait to see her completed!
355Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2013 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 355FieroSend a Private Message to 355FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car-Lo;

Car is looking good. The wider headlights give it an even more aggressive stance if that was possible. I see your and Cliff's OCD is getting in the way of having a completed car just mike mine.....

I am looking at your headlight mounts and I keep thinking that you may want to revisit hard mounting the lights to the frame... I keep thinking you will get some shaking if they stay mounted to the front lid. The body will flex and shake as you drive so the lights may end up being unsteady. The other way if you keep the lights on the hood is to put some rubber stops on the frame so that when the lid closes, your lights will come up hard against the rubber stops to minimize the shake.

Keep up the great work and looking forward to seeing more progress. Hope the rain hasn't been hitting you as hard as it has been these past few days over in Victoria. 100 km/h winds and rain here over the weekend.

Cheers
Don
PFF
System Bot
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2013 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 355Fiero:

Car-Lo;

Car is looking good. The wider headlights give it an even more aggressive stance if that was possible. I see your and Cliff's OCD is getting in the way of having a completed car just mike mine.....

I am looking at your headlight mounts and I keep thinking that you may want to revisit hard mounting the lights to the frame... I keep thinking you will get some shaking if they stay mounted to the front lid. The body will flex and shake as you drive so the lights may end up being unsteady. The other way if you keep the lights on the hood is to put some rubber stops on the frame so that when the lid closes, your lights will come up hard against the rubber stops to minimize the shake.

Keep up the great work and looking forward to seeing more progress. Hope the rain hasn't been hitting you as hard as it has been these past few days over in Victoria. 100 km/h winds and rain here over the weekend.

Cheers
Don

Thanks Don for the tips Clynt also wanted lights mounted on frame, but I think it would look cooler if lights flip up with hood

I'm working on flipper hood kit for Toyota...

Andreeas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2013 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AndreeasSend a Private Message to AndreeasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks great, Car-Lo. Too bad we don't have that Toyota-model in Sweden...
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2013 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think the only way you will get the lights to work attached to the hood is to have them under slight tension when the hood closes. I.E. have a tab on the car frame that the lights rest on when the hood is closed. Make that resting point adjustable so when you close the hood the lights will get pressed firmly onto that tab with a bit of tension. By doing that, you will be able to keep the lights as part of the hood, but they will be vibration free when the hood is closed.

As opposed to them hanging in space off of the side of the hood and bouncing more than a street walker at Main and Hastings.

Car is looking awesome, am going to try to make it back to BC to catch at least one meeting before the year is over.

Ya know I had a hard enough time driving your chopper before you chopped it again. I don't think I'll even be able to sit in your car. Is yours lower than Clynts? Clynts was actually too low for me. I had to sit with my back slouched over and my head cocked sideways.

Regardless of that, your car is looking amazing/stunning.

Have a good one.

------------------
857GT Part 85GT Part 87GT Part Caddy, 93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Now with Nitrous. Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

VF1Skullangel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2013 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VF1SkullangelClick Here to visit VF1Skullangel's HomePageSend a Private Message to VF1SkullangelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlackThunderGT:

I wish I could find em like that out here in San Diego!

Maybe I should move to Texas. No smog, cheap cost of living and Fiero's. Lots of them all over the place.
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2013 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

Car-lo...have you considered one of Amida's G1 interiors...say black with orange stitching if you go with that color?

Just catching up on REPLIES

Thanks for asking TXOPIE, no, although Amida's interior is the best in our Galaxy

I always wanted from day one to have the flavour of Sesto-Elemento type of interior with floating pod and shelve across I think it would go with RBS2 exterior

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 10-01-2013).]

fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2013 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just catching up on REPLIES

Thanks for asking TXOPIE, no, although Amida's interior is the best in our Galaxy

I always wanted from day one to have the flavour of Sesto-Elemento type of interior with floating pod and shelve across I think it would go with RBS2 exterior

Dash from a Ducati Hypermotard 1100 would compliment the rest of the build.

Just my two cents....
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2013 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogtlt1:

Dash from a Ducati Hypermotard 1100 would compliment the rest of the build.

Just my two cents....

Thanks and very nice fierotlt1 I feel comfortable using the fiero pod cut down to size

Today Clynt and I played with rear scoops rough mock up...

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 10-02-2013).]

fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2013 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You can always try the Dash Pod from a Chevy Sonic.
rodrieguz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2013 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rodrieguzSend a Private Message to rodrieguzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those vent mockup on tge rear look busy back there. Too much maybe try eliminate the middle one. IMO of course. Whatever you do will be slick
GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2013 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Packed my bags, tools and moved RBS (Ram-Bunk-Shush is her name) Build Thread down south here where it's warmer

The last few pics of RBS before being butchered up for an extreme makeover (on a budget) ...

Stay tuned for the tear down...

Obviously your "BUDGET" and time are irrelevant to this build. Either that or your "BUDGET" is deeply padded...

Car is looking great.... Keep the pics flowing! Also, I love the Caddy Light in the rear. Excellent addition.
PFF
System Bot
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2013 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fourpoint9 (Steven) just sent me this photoshop this is looking much better

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2013 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Today Clynt and I played with rear scoops...

RBS2 is mutating faster than the sea-life around Fukushima.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2013 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's too bad you had to chop up the decklid on account of a light fixture. But them's the breaks, I guess.
Big Paul

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2013 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Big PaulSend a Private Message to Big PaulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This car is awesome! But with everything so modified and exotic looking, are you going to change the two black decklid vents? They are starting to look pretty plain compared to the rest of the car. Sorry, if you already answered this! I can't wait to see how everything turns out!
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2013 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Big Paul:

This car is awesome! But with everything so modified and exotic looking, are you going to change the two black decklid vents? They are starting to look pretty plain compared to the rest of the car. Sorry, if you already answered this! I can't wait to see how everything turns out!

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

Those last shots are awesome Car-Lo!

One thing that sticks out as stock to me is the decklid vents though, any plans to tweak them at all?

Keep up the great work man!

Thanks 1988holleyformula, but just thinking of blacking out some parts front to back,
this will tie in the stock vents, we have to leave some Fiero "DNA" (now I sound like curly)

Keep up the great work Car-Lo!
cire36

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2013 03:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cire36Send a Private Message to cire36Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

RBS is flying high, she got wings...

Sunroof is in back seat now

What do you mean there's no headroom

Who's Lambo door kit did you use?
Xyster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2013 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XysterSend a Private Message to XysterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Over a week since the last update?
This makes me a sad panda.

Keep up the awesome work!
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2013 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bravo and inspirational. I sit every night trying to come up with mods I can do to mine eventually. I don't suppose you will ever drive this is the rain (on purpose anyway), but what could you do for water drainage.

[This message has been edited by LornesGT (edited 10-18-2013).]

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2013 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John, you really need to add something like this to your car.

Being OBD2 it would be nearly plug and play for you, except for extending the wiring to the cabin from the ECM. I love the "Fighter Jet" style huds on the market. We can get them for the Blazer and GTP, just not for my early motors. I think you would love the look of this would work really well with your "Attack" style body of the car and interior.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ADD...em19e38f8304&vxp=mtr

David

------------------
857GT Part 85GT Part 87GT Part Caddy, 93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Now with Nitrous. Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2013 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cire36:

Who's Lambo door kit did you use?

Thanks for asking cire36 I just checked their web-site and they are no longer around http://www.extremelambodoors.com/

Been very busy past two weeks will be playing again this week

BEFORE:

A few sketches: redesign deck lid and rocker panel scoops

RBS2 environment

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 10-20-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2013 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dang John, that is Amazing. I have this for my 857, but it might be better suited to your car.

http://captfiero.com/videos/mycar/857scaner.wmv
David

------------------

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2013 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Capt Fiero:

I have this for my 857, but it might be better suited to your car.

http://captfiero.com/videos/mycar/857scaner.wmv

Looks (and sounds) like a deleted scene from Forbidden Planet.
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2013 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2013 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cut off light tips and starting final mock up in card

RBS2 is evolving from MadMax to Batman as sketch above
Rear roof edge bat design as shown in red, pic below

HAPPY HALLOWEEN from Phatman & Oldboy...

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 10-31-2013).]

IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2013 02:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A few sketches: redesign deck lid and rocker panel scoops

RBS2 environment

Wow, very impressive! Who makes these sketches for you? They are awesome. Is it possible to have them sketch up my project?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2013 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Car-lo does his own sketches,...he is very multi-talented !
wftb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2013 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
why not glass over the stock fiero hood vents .they wont be needed anyway and would look less busy .love the build and this thread .
GBglide

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2013 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GBglideClick Here to visit GBglide's HomePageSend a Private Message to GBglideEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wftb:

why not glass over the stock fiero hood vents .they wont be needed anyway and would look less busy .love the build and this thread .

I agree, the vents should go. Like this.

[This message has been edited by GBglide (edited 11-05-2013).]

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2013 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GBglide:

I agree, the vents should go. Like this.

Thank you so much GBglide and wftb I'll see what she has to say about that also the scoops panel should be shown in black

I had a very busy week and only chance was to play with paper

Blown up sketch to size rocker panel

Actual size should be about 10% smaller, that will do for now...

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 11-11-2013).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 40 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock