Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  RBS in-Limbo (extreme makeover) (Page 32)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 40 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
RBS in-Limbo (extreme makeover) by Car-Lo
Started on: 09-25-2011 12:29 AM
Replies: 1576 (186085 views)
Last post by: sourmash on 12-30-2020 08:06 PM
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2015 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tweeder:

What are those tail lights from?

newest camaro
IP: Logged
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2015 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

newest camaro

Thanks for sharing exoticse as always, a bit of correction Madcurly's taillights are 2015 (not the newest Camaro) two versions in 2015

The newest 2016 as shown they have some flavour of the C7 tail lights

I'm taking this weekend off hiking, we'll be back

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 08-07-2015).]

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2015 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Last post before taking a hike...

Made a stand (from old IKEA desk) for the wing diffuser to sit on makes it easy to slip the unit on and off without breaking vertical fins

Next, finish the exhaust tip and then the wing diffuser.

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2015 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your progress brings up a smile every time I read ! Lol I have about 15 Ikea Lack table sets of parts on my walls converted for decoration in my house. Please keep updating your RBS2 build, as it is informational and entertaining at the same time...thanks! Keep it up !
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2015 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

Your progress brings up a smile every time I read ! Lol I have about 15 Ikea Lack table sets of parts on my walls converted for decoration in my house. Please keep updating your RBS2 build, as it is informational and entertaining at the same time...thanks! Keep it up !

Thanks Fie Ro for your nice comments, as you can see I'm having fun with life...

Wednesday made a round trip with top down to Hope, Princeton, Penticton, Kelowna, Vernon, Kamloops, Lillooet, Whistler and back home
Pic shot at Kamloops Lake lookout point.

Something came today...

Hey Fie Ro, we are both smiling today a little update...

TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2015 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
EXCITEMENT!
zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2015 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Those look SWEET!! The angles of the light follow the body lines you already have perfectly. Love this project.
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2015 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zmcdonal:
Those look SWEET!! The angles of the light follow the body lines you already have perfectly. Love this project.

Thanks zmcdonal they are the best ones so far ( she had many )

This afternoon started the exhaust tip box, I was going to farm it out to a professional (Dr,Fiero) but decided to do it myself

So here we go...
Cut out top and bottom tip box

Welding baffles...

Crazy angled baffles to cover up round exhaust and to look insane welds are in the back side (you don't want to see them )

That's as far I got today, just end panels left to do to cap tip box ends

That was lots of fun playing with metal

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2015 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IVANNATINKLE:

absolutely amazing work beautiful progress over time and i can not wait to see more!

Thanks for your support IVANNATINKLE I'm actually doing something

Today's update...
Adding 1/4"X1/2" bar on edge of tip

Welded on

A bit of grinding planing to have exterior paint red / all inside blacked out

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2015 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool, Carlo. Nicely done.

Bob
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2015 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Car-Lo:

Seems they got you before you finished your zombie device. Immortal after 70 years, now this build may take forever. I'll grab some you grab some blood
I suggest tinted windows.
PFF
System Bot
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2015 02:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Seems they got you before you finished your zombie device. Immortal after 70 years, now this build may take forever. I'll grab some you grab some blood
I suggest tinted windows.

At Fierofest I really looked like a zombie anyway wrinkled sagging skin tinted windows for sure

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2015 03:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Car-Lo

623 posts
Member since Jun 2006

Originally posted by RCR:

Very cool, Carlo. Nicely done.

Bob

Thanks Bob Blair showed me how to weld the tip box also how to weld 1/4"X 1/2" bar and grind edge

Update, tip box welded on

Painted exhaust black

Tomorrow paint the tip red

It's tomorrow and it's red

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 08-19-2015).]

Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2015 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The exhaust looks amazing! Great job!
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2015 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The C7 lights are set in...

Originally posted by Neils88:

The exhaust looks amazing! Great job!

Thanks Neils88 thanks again for choosing the first design that worked out well

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 08-20-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2015 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking Amazing!
355Fiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2015 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 355FieroSend a Private Message to 355FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That back end is really starting to come together for you Car-Lo. Car is looking so nice.....

Can we see a pic of the back end with the rear fins up against it as well?

Cheers
Don
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2015 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Taillights are mounted made brackets 4 on each side exhaust mounted back on

Few pics...
viewing a bit down at rear

Originally posted by 355Fiero:

That back end is really starting to come together for you Car-Lo. Car is looking so nice.....

Can we see a pic of the back end with the rear fins up against it as well?

Cheers
Don

There you go Don

Thanks Don now that taillights and exhaust are mounted, this weekend I'll work around them with defuser fins

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 08-22-2015).]

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2015 02:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

Looking Amazing!

Thanks TXOPIE here's a quick funny vid clip shot today with RBS2 first start with new exhaust

https://www.youtube.com/wat...ryg&feature=youtu.be

Today started to play with her rear defuser fins very rough mock up...

wings mounted back on

With vertical fins on

The rear still needs tweaking

davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2015 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds and looks great. Car designer, artist, mechanic, metal and fiber/plastic fabricator, and now a film director, lol. That Zombie didn't eat Patrick did he ?
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2015 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know as for color chioce you are thinking red but after I did this phot chop I thought I might share it with you and RBS let me know what you and her think of it? The car was a Zenos E10s

You two may need to see it like this?

Everybody wanted a front shot too

------------------

Love The Excitement! https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 08-24-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2015 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85SEnochie:

I know as for color chioce you are thinking red but after I did this phot chop I thought I might share it with you and RBS let me know what you and her think of it? The car was a Zenos E10s

You two may need to see it like this?

Everybody wanted a front shot too

Thanks Terry I love it that would make a great "TerryArch kit " I like the fastback better

I change my mind on colour I like the Peugeot concept colour scheme just silver and black it suits an old man better

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 08-24-2015).]

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2015 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Car-Lo:

Thanks Terry I love it that would make a great "TerryArch kit "

I change my mind on colour I like the Peugeot concept colour scheme just silver and black it suits an old man better

Cool I think that will be better then red!

------------------

Love The Excitement! https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2015 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by davylong86:

Sounds and looks great. Car designer, artist, mechanic, metal and fiber/plastic fabricator, and now a film director, lol. That Zombie didn't eat Patrick did he ?

Thanks davylon86, but I'm only one of them and the rest just butchered amateur work my friends are professionals oh about Patrick, yes eaten up by everybody

Anyway yesterday I took the day off
Today I flipped the lights right side up just to see what did you guys think about that

The bottom is the first

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 08-24-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2015 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Carlo exiting times

If you go with the tail light flipped in this position it will flow with the lines of the defuser.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

If you go with the tail light flipped in this position it will flow with the lines of the trunk lid.

I vote for the TOP one...follow the lines of the defuser!

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 08-24-2015).]

Habanera Hal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2015 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Habanera HalSend a Private Message to Habanera HalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd vote for the lights flipped as you had them originally. IMHO, they flow better with the body lines.

As to the rest of it, of course it's your vision, but methinks what with all the vertical and angled planes it's getting confused and crowded back there. Remember, less is more.
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2015 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

Carlo exiting times

If you go with the tail light flipped in this position it will flow with the lines of the defuser.

If you go with the tail light flipped in this position it will flow with the lines of the trunk lid.

I vote for the TOP one...follow the lines of the defuser!

Thanks TXOPIE and Habanera Hal for your feed back that's the best and I'll go with the first

Originally posted by Habanera Hal:

I'd vote for the lights flipped as you had them originally. IMHO, they flow better with the body lines.

As to the rest of it, of course it's your vision, but methinks what with all the vertical and angled planes it's getting confused and crowded back there. Remember, less is more.

That vertical thing yes very defusing you're making me rethink, I'll play with it after dinner
AndyQB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2015 05:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AndyQBSend a Private Message to AndyQBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi - the lights can only go one way - pic 2 - the original way - most of the lines fit great and you can adjust the fin angles on the rear to suit the light segment angles - job jobbed.
I don't think its looking too busy either - from the side you have built meaningful depth and form and from the straight rear I think its looking great. Keep up the great work, and thanks for sharing.

[This message has been edited by AndyQB (edited 08-25-2015).]

AndyQB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2015 06:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AndyQBSend a Private Message to AndyQBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

AndyQB

26 posts
Member since Mar 2014
Wrong lines...

Right lines surely....

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2015 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^This^ You may know that already or I will fly to Vancouver with a suitcase full of garlic

One serious suggestion, you could put in some lightbulbs and run 12V to them, do a walkaround the car and see what the shape AND lights do compared to the bodylines from all angles.

At twilight would be good
355Fiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2015 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 355FieroSend a Private Message to 355FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice angles Car-Lo;

One thought might be to put a solid piece of fiberglass or board of some kind in between the rear lights to help remove the internal workings of the rear clip. Not sure what you plan on back there as a final but to get a good idea of how everything works for fins and lights, put that inner panel in there to remove some of the alternate angles of the rear clip panel mounts to get a really good feel.... Back to that old saying of make it all one backdrop colour/surface to get a good feel toward a finished product.

Keep up the brilliant work.
Don
PFF
System Bot
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2015 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

^This^ You may know that already or I will fly to Vancouver with a suitcase full of garlic

One serious suggestion, you could put in some lightbulbs and run 12V to them, do a walkaround the car and see what the shape AND lights do compared to the bodylines from all angles.

At twilight would be good

Thanks for the tip Fie Ro it's too late for the garlic

Lightbulbs are already in, just waiting for front and rear harness with connectors from GM, then it would be easier to wire it up to the lights.

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 08-26-2015).]

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2015 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Car-Lo

623 posts
Member since Jun 2006

Originally posted by 355Fiero:

Nice angles Car-Lo;

One thought might be to put a solid piece of fiberglass or board of some kind in between the rear lights to help remove the internal workings of the rear clip. Not sure what you plan on back there as a final but to get a good idea of how everything works for fins and lights, put that inner panel in there to remove some of the alternate angles of the rear clip panel mounts to get a really good feel.... Back to that old saying of make it all one backdrop colour/surface to get a good feel toward a finished product.

Keep up the brilliant work.
Don

Thanks again Don, taken day off today to travel, so no playing with RBS2
Tomorrow I'll cover top portion of rear clip with black foam core area shown in red is going to stay exposed she wants to look raw and mean

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 08-26-2015).]

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2015 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Car-Lo

623 posts
Member since Jun 2006

Originally posted by AndyQB:

Hi - the lights can only go one way - pic 2 - the original way - most of the lines fit great and you can adjust the fin angles on the rear to suit the light segment angles - job jobbed.
I don't think its looking too busy either - from the side you have built meaningful depth and form and from the straight rear I think its looking great. Keep up the great work, and thanks for sharing.

OOPS almost forgot about you Thanks for your feed back and your work just like you and everyone else said the first original is a better fit
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2015 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOOK what came today...
Two headlight connectors and rear taillight harness/connectors

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 08-27-2015).]

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2015 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You may know this already, but thought I'd mention it. All lights/lenses are designed to be in one position for correct light distribution. For that reason alone I'd stay pretty darn close to what factory position of those lamps was. Headlamps are a little more forgiving because they can be aimed/adjusted. Tail lights are more sensitive to position as the adjustment is purely mounting the assembly. Many hours go into designing and testing of the lamps to me Federal Requirements for optics/light distribution.

Very interesting thread, do you have a target date you hope to complete by ?

[This message has been edited by California Kid (edited 08-29-2015).]

Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2015 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love the tail lights you chose that's going to look excellent.
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2015 04:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not to much action this week with R2, busy enjoying life

Playing with rear really rough photoshop to visualize, rear clip finished in silver / deffuser all blacked out, what do you think ?

Originally posted by California Kid:

You may know this already, but thought I'd mention it. All lights/lenses are designed to be in one position for correct light distribution. For that reason alone I'd stay pretty darn close to what factory position of those lamps was. Headlamps are a little more forgiving because they can be aimed/adjusted. Tail lights are more sensitive to position as the adjustment is purely mounting the assembly. Many hours go into designing and testing of the lamps to me Federal Requirements for optics/light distribution.

Very interesting thread, do you have a target date you hope to complete by ?

Thank you so much for your tips as for TARGET DATE she had so many I may not live that long

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2015 04:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Car-Lo

623 posts
Member since Jun 2006

Originally posted by Steel:

Love the tail lights you chose that's going to look excellent.

Thanks Steel, RBS2 had tried many lights she had to wait for GM to design the C7 lights

AndyQB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2015 05:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AndyQBSend a Private Message to AndyQBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi

I think PIC 3 is the way to go - and see where it leads you ;-)
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 40 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock