Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  RBS in-Limbo (extreme makeover) (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 40 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
RBS in-Limbo (extreme makeover) by Car-Lo
Started on: 09-25-2011 12:29 AM
Replies: 1576 (186086 views)
Last post by: sourmash on 12-30-2020 08:06 PM
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2011 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Car-lo check your pm.
IP: Logged
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2011 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Will the windshield interfere with the safety pins that fold the hood in case of a frontal accident?

Yes it does (much to close), I had to take them off, I'll be moving the safety pins forward about a couple of inches.
Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2011 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you selling your old seats....if so Id be interested
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2011 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Quad GT:

Are you selling your old seats....if so Id be interested

They are sold to Capt Fiero already
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2011 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Car-Lo

623 posts
Member since Jun 2006

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

A few questions I'm curious about:

1) How did you figure out a Mazda windshield was the best choice? What was your methodology? What were "runner up" windshields?
2) Are you lowering the seat mounting brackets? How do you gain head clearance with such a chop?
2b) If you don't mind me asking? How tall are you, and is your height mostly in legs, or torso?

1) Mazda windshield may not be the best choice, I was in a rush to get on with the makeover and the wreckers give me a good deal with frame, so I went with it
knowing I would have to widen roof to make it fit. I like the way the Mazda windshield flows into roof better than the other options you referred to.
2) Yes, I'm making custom laid back seats and sitting lower than Fiero seats, you really don't gain much clearance at all with 4" a chop, if you're tall stay with 3" chop (or bubble top)
3) Yes I'm short, 5'-4, legs and torso, I think a good combo (size 7 shoes if that helps)

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 09-03-2012).]

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2011 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Will the windshield interfere with the safety pins that fold the hood in case of a frontal accident?

I've seen those safety pins in action, and i'm a strong believer in the need for those.

Yes Car-lo, that was the windshield I was talking about. There is another one based on a Plymonth Breeze, or Sebring, there is another thread where somebody is using that windshield in his chop.
lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2011 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Windshield wiper solution?
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2011 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lou_dias:

Windshield wiper solution?

Thanks for asking...

Madcurl using the Lotus wiper ( he's got class)

Car-Lo using the Sterling wiper ( He's got Budget)

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 10-07-2011).]

Letsbuildanexotic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2011 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LetsbuildanexoticSend a Private Message to LetsbuildanexoticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Single windshield wiper or two?

Chris
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2011 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Car-Lo:

Thanks for asking...

Madcurl using the Lotus wiper ( he's got class)

Car-Lo using the Sterling wiper ( He's got Budget)

"Now, that thar is funny...I don't care who ya' are!"
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2011 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Letsbuildanexotic:

Single windshield wiper or two?

Chris

PFF
System Bot
carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2011 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, is this titled "In-Limbo" in reference to the Limbo dance where they ask, "How low can you go?"
Quad GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2011 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2011 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bump

It must be snowing up there?
Quad GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2011 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish it was!!!!

But he lives in the pussy part of the country where it hardly snows
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2011 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I wish it was!!!!

Thanks for the bump, I'll have more pics this weekend.
Yes Vancouver it's a pussy part of Canada but for many years I did hard time in Winnipeg.

John Miller

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2011 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for John MillerSend a Private Message to John MillerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Super Build! What direction are you going with respect to the tail lights? The reason I ask is I'm finishing a 355 rebody and the tail lights you had fit the bill (the current lens are Mera units). If you don't mind me asking where did you get the tail lights you were using? Are you going to reuse your current units, if not I'm interested. Thanks, John
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2011 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by John Miller:

Super Build! What direction are you going with respect to the tail lights? The reason I ask is I'm finishing a 355 rebody and the tail lights you had fit the bill (the current lens are Mera units). If you don't mind me asking where did you get the tail lights you were using? Are you going to reuse your current units, if not I'm interested. Thanks, John

Thank you, yes I'll be changing tail lights, are you interested in tail lights alone or with tail light panel ? PM me !
85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2011 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car-lo

Please check PM
carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2011 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I wish it was!!!!

There's a part of Canada without snow?
Quad GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2011 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well we all can't be living in sunny Buffalo!
PFF
System Bot
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2011 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for the bump, I'll have more pics this weekend.
Yes Vancouver it's a pussy part of Canada but for many years I did hard time in Winnipeg.

I love this pic. Some how the naked car looks... better than one clothed? Maybe that did not come out right LOL. I like to see the work from the ground up

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2011 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SWEET! the movie is being shown in two theaters

theme song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APTHw9ASr-o
------------------

Love The Excitement! https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 10-06-2012).]

nightonfire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2011 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am really glad ur chopping the nose, I had always wanted to adress this in the future, but u are leading the way, awesome work!!!
carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2011 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well we all can't be living in sunny Buffalo!

I've been through Buffalo. Count your blessings.
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2011 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carnut122:

So, is this titled "In-Limbo" in reference to the Limbo dance where they ask, "How low can you go?"

Limbo Rock (Punk Version)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e1iolp-G3U

RBS is still Limbo pretty high at 41" naked, fully dressed with 400lbs of bondo and suspension settle in I hope she'll limbo at 40"- 39" -38"

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2011 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
U gota be lower than that, my Robochop is sittin at 3 foot 5 1/2 inches and I have not lowerd the suspension yet. I am curious do u think the larger wheels add to the height? maby that is what makes it different I have the stock rims on it yet?

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 10-15-2011).]

carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2011 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Limbo Rock (Punk Version)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e1iolp-G3U

RBS is still Limbo pretty high at 41" naked, fully dressed with 400lbs of bondo and suspension settle in I hope she'll limbo at 40"- 39" -38"

Ahhh! Now I get it! Doh!
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2011 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

U gota be lower than that, my Robochop is sittin at 3 foot 5 1/2 inches and I have not lowerd the suspension yet. I am curious do u think the larger wheels add to the height? maby that is what makes it different I have the stock rims on it yet?

Robochop is very good in-Limbo must be the wheels ?
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2011 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lol when I did my chop I flattend out the arch of the roof behind the sunroof and then thinned down the roof structure underneath when I did the roof to rear clip bond, I figured by bonding it the way I did I didnt need all that extra meat that the factory had in it and instead bonded it like the panels on a c-3 vette with a bonding strip.
I figure by doing that to the top I was able to loose almost a inch of roof altitude more than the other chops! hmmmm I am going to have to really lower it now to beat you! I have plans as well................muhahaha! winter chopin time!

I think tho its the stock rims that helped alot and the fact my shocks are prob 10 years past replacing!

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 10-15-2011).]

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2011 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

lol Ya I tried to throw a pic of it going under the bar for ya on here but i am having a pip issue with letting it post it again hehehe! when I did my chop I flattend out the arch of the roof behind the sunroof and then thinned down the roof structure underneath when I did the roof to rear clip bond, I figured by bonding it the way I did I didnt need all that extra meat that the factory had in it and instead bonded it like the panels on a c-3 vette with a bonding strip.
I figure by doing that to the top I was able to loose almost a inch of roof altitude more than the other chops! hmmmm I am going to have to really lower it now to beat ya! I have plans as well................lol

WOW well done, thanks for sharing !
So it's going to be in-Limbo WARS, should be fun

PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2011 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lol not much of a war you win by default I am not choppin my car any lower id never be able to get in it again! altho it does make for a cool new thread perhaps chops in limbo! I think we need to have a "up north" choptop reunion! one of these days with of coarse a limbo contest!
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2011 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RBS is flying high, she got wings...

Sunroof is in back seat now

What do you mean there's no headroom

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 10-15-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2011 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks sweet even w/o the body, hehe. The car sure does look low. I like the front windshield too.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2011 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Masterful.
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2011 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looks sweet even w/o the body, hehe. The car sure does look low. I like the front windshield too.

Thank you so much, yes it does w/o body and now it's goofy with the rear lid, looks like a flat sheet of plywood

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 10-16-2011).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2011 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So are you going to round off the back kinda like a veyron to match the flow of your new roof line? instead of the flat decklid?
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2011 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So are you going to round off the back kinda like a veyron to match the flow of your new roof line? instead of the flat decklid?

Yes something like that, even shorten it, it's going to look like a Smart Car ?
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2011 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Car-Lo

623 posts
Member since Jun 2006

Originally posted by exoticse:

Masterful.

Thanks Tony, but it's all your fault
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2011 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lol now thats funny!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 40 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock