Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  RBS in-Limbo (extreme makeover) (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 40 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
RBS in-Limbo (extreme makeover) by Car-Lo
Started on: 09-25-2011 12:29 AM
Replies: 1576 (186083 views)
Last post by: sourmash on 12-30-2020 08:06 PM
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2011 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A Saws All, best Fiero tool ever made.

Keep up the good work.

Archie
IP: Logged
Letsbuildanexotic

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2011 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LetsbuildanexoticSend a Private Message to LetsbuildanexoticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do like that stubby nose, always thought that fiero's resembled a firebird a bit too much with the stock nose. What are you using for a windshield? Dodge caravan perhaps

Chris
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2011 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Letsbuildanexotic:

I do like that stubby nose, always thought that fiero's resembled a firebird a bit too much with the stock nose. What are you using for a windshield? Dodge caravan perhaps

Chris

The stubby nose goes well with the rear, I'll be doing something like that (no name lambo nose)

Went to the auto wrecker and here it is, 2010 Mazda 3

We laid the windshield on to see how it would fit...

That is still on the old RBS, the windshield will be laid back another 2"

The windshield is 2" wider at top, so the chop will be done different than the first, roof will be widen and lowered to fit windshield

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2011 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Car-Lo

623 posts
Member since Jun 2006

Originally posted by Archie:

A Saws All, best Fiero tool ever made.

Keep up the good work.

Archie

Thank you very much Archie, I have no fear on using the Saws All
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2011 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Car-Lo

623 posts
Member since Jun 2006

The old RBS stripped down, with windshield laid on...

85SEnochie (Terry) photoshop showing 2" more chop....

Reallybig

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2011 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ReallybigSend a Private Message to ReallybigEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Car-Lo:

Cutting off lots of fat, it's pretty thick and heavy, looks like a slab of Halibut

Halibut...there's a dead give away you're from the west coast! On this side of the mountains I'm sure you would have referred to it as "steak".

Oh yeah, LOVE this thread! This is going to be great!

[This message has been edited by Reallybig (edited 09-29-2011).]

Letsbuildanexotic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2011 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LetsbuildanexoticSend a Private Message to LetsbuildanexoticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for me jumping to conclusions but this is awsome! Are you going to retain pop-ups?

Chris
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2011 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sorry for me jumping to conclusions but this is awsome! Are you going to retain pop-ups?

Chris

Anytime Chris !
I had the Mazda buckets with Mustang dual projector lights now for 2, 3 years maybe more, I forget
If I do use them , I'll tweak them by adding mean looking eyebrows OOPS eyelids !

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 10-01-2011).]

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2011 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
good to know I am not the only one that people yell at for hacking up a car that most would concider done.
great work as always
I see whaer you are going with it and I love it.

my own choptop wide body is going threw some chainges of its own as well. most of what was done has now been hacked off to make room for new mods.
D.
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2011 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

good to know I am not the only one that people yell at for hacking up a car that most would concider done.
great work as always

my own choptop wide body is going threw some chainges of its own as well. most of what was done has now been hacked off to make room for new mods.
D.

Oh the horror. Now the madness is spreading to my back yard. Step away from the saws-all before it's too late! Is nothing sacred?
85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2011 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Subscribed !!!

I am really looking forward to updates and pictures

Keep up the good work
PFF
System Bot
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2011 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

great work as always

D.

Thanks Dean, looks like we're getting a bad reputation as hackers here
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2011 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Car-Lo

623 posts
Member since Jun 2006

Originally posted by 85LAMB:

Subscribed !!!

I am really looking forward to updates and pictures

Keep up the good work

Thanks Lincoln, here's your update...

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2011 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Car-Lo

623 posts
Member since Jun 2006

Before...

After...

The second chop the rear pillars stayed the same angle, roof was widen to match windshield
Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2011 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love the new mods - what are you planning for door windows?

Jim
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2011 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jim88GT:

Love the new mods - what are you planning for door windows?

Jim

Thank you Jim, I'm using the same windows as first chop back in 2007, I had two sets made from a company that makes
boat windshields here in Vancouver made from cheap plastic, I'll cut them to fit.
Here is a pic of my brother installing plastic window way back in the first chop.

Thanks for asking
John

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 10-03-2011).]

motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2011 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks Dean, looks like we're getting a bad reputation as hackers here

And to think, around here,I'm known as the "Mad Scientist".

Cheers Beers n Gearz. Joe

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2011 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Donor roof...
Clynt and I got it from Dawg's 87SE tear down party, we needed sections of roof to sleeve in chopped roof for some strength

Clynt tack welding with his weight on widen roof to get it sitting just right (that's how Canadians do it)

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2011 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Car-Lo

623 posts
Member since Jun 2006

Originally posted by motoracer838:

And to think, around here,I'm known as the "Mad Scientist".

Cheers Beers n Gearz. Joe

Well Frankenstein your work is awesome

Johnny-B-Hacker

GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2011 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was so sad to see the sawzall touch this car. But I am sure it will be a wonderful masterpiece as its predecessor.

I think I have finally discovered his main goal here.

Keep it to 5'7" and shorter only can drive it! lol
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2011 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess my plans to steal your car.. are now ruined. I'm way to huge to fit now.

Looking good~
PFF
System Bot
Letsbuildanexotic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2011 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LetsbuildanexoticSend a Private Message to LetsbuildanexoticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is good!

Chris
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2011 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steel:

I guess my plans to steal your car.. are now ruined. I'm way to huge to fit now.

Looking good~

Thank you, I guess you'll need Jaws of Life to get into RBS (sorry about that)
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2011 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Car-Lo

623 posts
Member since Jun 2006

Windshield frame tack welded on, with windshield frame laid back more, the fit is nice and tight

jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2011 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, that doesn't look bad at all. The Photochop looked a little worse. this looks good. :-)

------------------
Car Threads
86 Fiero 2M4 Silver https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/115701.html
and 86 GT
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...ML/085541.html

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2011 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What are you, 4'0" lol

it looks great, I can't wait to see more.
D.
Letsbuildanexotic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2011 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LetsbuildanexoticSend a Private Message to LetsbuildanexoticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see this car pushing the custom Fiero choppers further in the future! "You can do that!", "Yeah, I saw I guy in Canada... wait, what are you doing with that sawzall?"

I'm starting to like and dislike this all at the same time. I like this because it is awesome, I don't like this because it is giving me ideas!

I forgot to ask about your plans for the dash, are you extending the Fiero dash, or are you doing a dash swap/custom dash. Also, how far does the windshield extend forward compared to the stock windshield?

Chris

[This message has been edited by Letsbuildanexotic (edited 10-04-2011).]

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2011 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What are you, 4'0" lol

it looks great, I can't wait to see more.
D.

Thank you Dean , Pretty good guess I'm 5'-4'
andreww

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2011 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for andrewwSend a Private Message to andrewwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is the maximum height you can be to sit in that car? Also, are you able to lower the seats at all to increase headroom?
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2011 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I see this car pushing the custom Fiero choppers further in the future! "You can do that!", "Yeah, I saw I guy in Canada... wait, what are you doing with that sawzall?"

I'm starting to like and dislike this all at the same time. I like this because it is awesome, I don't like this because it is giving me ideas!

I forgot to ask about your plans for the dash, are you extending the Fiero dash, or are you doing a dash swap/custom dash. Also, how far does the windshield extend forward compared to the stock windshield?

Chris

Good one Chris thank you.

I'll be making a combo of something similar to the Lambo Sesto Elemento type dash and a jet fighter dash (without guns)
Also making a similar type Lambo Sesto Elemento laid back seats (because of the low 4" chop) ...

I'll have to measure that extended shield, it's about 6" to 8" ?? (I'll get back to you on that)

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 10-05-2011).]

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2011 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Car-Lo

623 posts
Member since Jun 2006

Originally posted by andreww:

What is the maximum height you can be to sit in that car? Also, are you able to lower the seats at all to increase headroom?

I don't know the max, but it's fine for me, I'll be making custom seats that will be a lot lower than stock to fit a few more people
PFF
System Bot
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2011 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Windshield frame tack welded on, with windshield frame laid back more, the fit is nice and tight

I'm starting to breath again.
Letsbuildanexotic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2011 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LetsbuildanexoticSend a Private Message to LetsbuildanexoticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Those seats look familiar

One of my favorite kit cars of all time, still not seeing what it is, how 'bout an outside shot.

Wish they still made them in kit form.

Chris
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2011 03:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why use the same car? You have so much respect over your work we all love your car i am just surprised and impressed your using same shell what a transformation just a bump and this could be one of the most watched thread of all times.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2011 04:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Chris

Or that 7" extended windshield offered in the mall, or that other Sebring extended windshield. With the shorter, lower hood it would look great.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2011 04:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Austrian Import

3919 posts
Member since Feb 2007
A few questions I'm curious about:

1) How did you figure out a Mazda windshield was the best choice? What was your methodology? What were "runner up" windshields?
2) Are you lowering the seat mounting brackets? How do you gain head clearance with such a chop?
2b) If you don't mind me asking? How tall are you, and is your height mostly in legs, or torso?
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2011 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Australian:

Why use the same car? You have so much respect over your work we all love your car i am just surprised and impressed your using same shell what a transformation just a bump and this could be one of the most watched thread of all times.

I'm on a very cheap budget and I wasn't to happy with the direction the old RBS was going. I wanted something more exotic looking, I had the whole RBS package there to tweak and play with.
jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2011 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need a limited budget like that.
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2011 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

Or that 7" extended windshield offered in the mall, or that other Sebring extended windshield. With the shorter, lower hood it would look great.

Is this the 7" extended windshield you're talking about...

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/055691.html

If it is I didn't even know about it at the time and it was built right in my own backyard here in Vancouver( Port Coquitlam) .
Don said it doesn't work to well with the choptop and it would be worse with a 4" chop

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 10-05-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2011 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will the windshield interfere with the safety pins that fold the hood in case of a frontal accident?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 40 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock