Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  RBS in-Limbo (extreme makeover) (Page 34)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 40 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
RBS in-Limbo (extreme makeover) by Car-Lo
Started on: 09-25-2011 12:29 AM
Replies: 1576 (186080 views)
Last post by: sourmash on 12-30-2020 08:06 PM
Car-Lo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2015 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by California Kid:

I named my car "California Kid", for many reasons, but mainly because it spent all it life on the road in California. Michigan is my home State, I flew out to LA in 1999 to buy the car and drove it back to MI.

Thanks for sharing California Kid what a perfect name for a perfect ride I love your hot rod

It's about time for old me to take a break and going on a trip be back in three weeks
IP: Logged
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2015 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HOLY CRAP, LOL, I think you just sent several people into instant shock and withdrawal. With all the stuff going on, you deserve a break. Have a Great Trip you luck bastard. I am totally Jealous. While you are sipping Margarita's Lisa and I will be packing as the first comes up real soon.

Have a Great One and Take Care.

David.

------------------
857GT Part 85GT Part 87GT Part Caddy, 93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Now with Nitrous. Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics For Sale $4000, Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2015 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Car-Lo:

Thanks for sharing California Kid what a perfect name for a perfect ride I love your hot rod

It's about time for old me to take a break and going on a trip be back in three weeks

Thanks for the compliment ! Project was started by ex-racer in CA that use to road course race and have fun in the canyons as well, had installed the L98 - sweetened the suspension. More on the car in build thread in signature.

I've been following you build thread for a very long time. Really impressed with your vision on your car, it is truly unique, and I'm very impressed with all the work you've put in on it.

Have yourself a great vacation !!!

------------------

Car History: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/025670.html

[This message has been edited by California Kid (edited 09-24-2015).]

Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2015 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I picked the perfect time to go on vacation! ... and I was worried that I might miss something. Have a great trip!
nuruigumi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2015 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nuruigumiClick Here to visit nuruigumi's HomePageSend a Private Message to nuruigumiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Carlo,

Haven't posted in a while.

I attempted to clean up the angles.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view. <---click

Thanks for the info wftb so that's where Dr.Fiero dug up your photo I had to check out your build thread and you're doing an amazing custom work to the suspension
Today I call Richard (West Shore Fab) and said the same thing in the way I drive I can have it both ways, one on top and other at bottom anyway today I ordered wide bumpsteer 3" each side and doing away with the adapters
The sport suspension with QA-1 shocks came off 308 replica, I seen it drive at meetings and Capt. Fiero drove it too and everything worked fine, so I guess they made the mods.

[This message has been edited by nuruigumi (edited 10-03-2015).]

nuruigumi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2015 07:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nuruigumiClick Here to visit nuruigumi's HomePageSend a Private Message to nuruigumiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I noticed something on my drive to work yesterday. There was a Corvette next to an Audi A5. I actually really like the way the Vette lights are looking on RBS 2. However, I couldn't help but think the A5 lights match the shape of your sketch if you flip them.

Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2015 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2016 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any updates?
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2016 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was ready to sell RBS2, but family and friends said not to and try to finish the project !
So in March I'll start again !!!!!!
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2016 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome , I am really glad you are going to finish it . But hey it's a hobby so work at your pace and enjoy it .I know we all enjoy watching but you are the one doing all the work .Have a great rest of winter .
AndyQB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2016 05:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AndyQBSend a Private Message to AndyQBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey CarLo - I feel that we are (also) your Family and friends - thanks for hanging in there and continuing to share
PFF
System Bot
Neils88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2016 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nothing wrong with a break until the itch hits you again. Projects like this are supposed to be fun. Just don't ever sell it...I doubt there is anyone who could possibly finish it to the level you could!
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2016 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was ready to sell RBS2, but family and friends said not to and try to finish the project !
So in March I'll start again !!!!!!

That is what I was stalling for
Glad to hear it!
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2016 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank goodness. I really liked watching this build, it is one of my inspirations.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2016 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow john, glad you came to your senses ! Keep going,...you keep all of us motivated !
fieroboy_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2016 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboy_gtSend a Private Message to fieroboy_gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well if you want to sell it to me thats ok. but id prefer you to finish it for me first. it would be a shame to see you sell that car. thsi is the most amazing thread on pennocks . Id to see someone else finish you vision
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2016 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroboy_gt:

Well if you want to sell it to me thats ok. but id prefer you to finish it for me first. it would be a shame to see you sell that car. thsi is the most amazing thread on pennocks . Id to see someone else finish you vision

I would like to see Carlo finish his own vision.
You have enough time to keep this going and keeping your girlfriend happy at the same time. Get your time. Stop chopping front hoods and get it done. Or I will get mad at you.

Anyway, this car is/has your dna so only you deserve to finish it. No-one else can finish it without your vision and get it right. This is your project. Do it !
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2016 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

I would like to see Carlo finish his own vision.
You have enough time to keep this going and keeping your girlfriend happy at the same time. Get your time. Stop chopping front hoods and get it done. Or I will get mad at you.

Anyway, this car is/has your dna so only you deserve to finish it. No-one else can finish it without your vision and get it right. This is your project. Do it !

I was going to sell her and walk away, but thanks to everyone here on PFF and home for your support and interest .
At 71 my priorities and interests have change, I'm enjoying life to much I'll try to carry on with RBS2 project

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 03-21-2016).]

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2016 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Car-Lo

623 posts
Member since Jun 2006

Originally posted by Habanera Hal:

I'd vote for the lights flipped as you had them originally. IMHO, they flow better with the body lines.

As to the rest of it, of course it's your vision, but methinks what with all the vertical and angled planes it's getting confused and crowded back there. Remember, less is more.

I'm finally cleaning up the rear, adding more body panels under taillights somewhat like the Huracan Verona as shown in yellow

So here we go...
Cutting to separate wings and give them more angle, right now they are almost flat.

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2016 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Car-Lo

623 posts
Member since Jun 2006
The exhaust is being tweaked again...

Using old existing RBS exhaust tips, I like that look better than the angled tip (had troubles with it, to many angles everywhere) !

over laid old tips on angled tip for sizing.

another view

Welding on brace to hold tips together

Cut off angled tip

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 03-21-2016).]

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2016 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was raining today...

Welding on exhaust tips

Painted black

Exhaust installed back on ( it should have a different sound with separate dual tips instead into one tip box)

The alum panel is heat shield (made it last fall ) with aluminized barrier adhered to back

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 03-22-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2016 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking Good!
andreww

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2016 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for andrewwSend a Private Message to andrewwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good to see you back at it!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2016 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow ! 👍
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2016 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE...
Just some tweaking going on again

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2016 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TOP WING shown in red is relocated at bottom now fits a lot better

BOTTOM WING is too wide for the new exhaust layout, it's scrapped won't be used

I'll be building around this layout

Originally posted by kennn:

Pic 3; tail lights are just perfect. Good eye.

Ken

Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2016 05:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lookin' good!

HAGO!
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2016 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see the SAGA continues...my eyes are always on this thread!

Carlo...looking forward to our chat at the end of the summer!
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2016 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sage:

Lookin' good!

HAGO!

Thank you Sage, it's good to be back playing again

Today's play...

Clipping wing ends she won't fly away

That's better

Bottom view of tweaked wing

Welding new wing brackets onto frame, wing will bolt from under wing for easy access

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 04-19-2016).]

Neils88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2016 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I love how this is coming along, Car-Lo!!! One question though...Is that an optical illusion, or is the exhaust slightly off-center?
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2016 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today I glassed in wing edges and bolted wing on tomorrow I can start mocking up the body panel

Originally posted by Neils88:

I love how this is coming along, Car-Lo!!! One question though...Is that an optical illusion, or is the exhaust slightly off-center?

The answer is...YES and YES

I was hoping you wouldn't tell so much for my good eye your eye is the winner exhaust is off by 3/8 but don't tell TXOPIE
The heat shield is cut way off you weren't suppose to see that it will be covered with body panel

PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2016 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LMAO
Neils88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2016 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The answer is...YES and YES

I was hoping you wouldn't tell so much for my good eye your eye is the winner exhaust is off by 3/8 but don't tell TXOPIE
The heat shield is cut way off you weren't suppose to see that it will be covered with body panel

I could delete my post and TXOPIE could promise to forget that he read it...if that would help....
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2016 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2016 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's a good one TXOPIE

UPDATE: Today I was too busyI joined a sketch club and that's whats happening for tomorrow I won't be doing anything until weekend on RBS2,

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 04-21-2016).]

Reallybig

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2016 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ReallybigSend a Private Message to ReallybigEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Crazy awesome build man. Just gets better and better! When it's done, Lamborghini will probably buy it off you so they can splash a mould and start building replicas and stick their badges on it!
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2016 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here we go again...
Things didn't work to well with old wings : to the DUMP

Starting with a clean sheet and redesign somethingcooler and new mock up coming up soon

Originally posted by Reallybig:

Crazy awesome build man. Just gets better and better! When it's done, Lamborghini will probably buy it off you so they can splash a mould and start building replicas and stick their badges on it!

Thanks Reallybig that's too funny
Habanera Hal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2016 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Habanera HalSend a Private Message to Habanera HalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Never give up! Never surrender! Never finish it!
Neils88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2016 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love that you aren't afraid to scrap a part when you just aren't satisfied with the results. Lots of extra work, but better than having something nag at you later on. The second (third...fourth...) versions always grow and mature from the initial concepts. Can't wait to see the next version...
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2016 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Habanera Hal:

Never give up! Never surrender! Never finish it!

In the mean time I'm having to much fun with Blair and friends

Originally posted by Neils88:

I love that you aren't afraid to scrap a part when you just aren't satisfied with the results. Lots of extra work, but better than having something nag at you later on. The second (third...fourth...) versions always grow and mature from the initial concepts. Can't wait to see the next version...

Thanks Neils88 for your support to many things scrapped sold many headlights, taillights, suspension, seats
AnywayI'm still going to play with my HOBBY (R 2)

Copped up wingspoint of no return

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 05-03-2016).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 40 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock