Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  RBS in-Limbo (extreme makeover) (Page 19)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 40 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
RBS in-Limbo (extreme makeover) by Car-Lo
Started on: 09-25-2011 12:29 AM
Replies: 1576 (186077 views)
Last post by: sourmash on 12-30-2020 08:06 PM
Zachycain

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2013 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZachycainSend a Private Message to ZachycainEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, i've been following this thread with great interest and i've actually registered just for this project alone, it's awesome, awesome work man!

i have made some photoshops for you if you wish, to see if you like the idea. if it can be put to use: wonderfull!
here you go!

I have used a SLS Doge Challenger rear end to use as base.

On top is my favourite: I added a murcielago spoiler.

here it is without spoiler

braking solution:

various concepts to play around with:

cuad exhaust:

double exhaust

cuad exhausts [challenger sls]

more braking solutions:

Finally, here it is in 2 different colours aswell; red & goldish/yellowish

i hope you enjoy!

good luck with the car!
IP: Logged
turbodad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2013 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbodadSend a Private Message to turbodadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MY EYES!!! MY EYES !!!!!

Reset

Ahhhh much better........
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2013 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by diabloroadster:

What are your plans for the rear of the car?

Thanks for asking, the rear area, wings and mesh will be all blacked out something like the sample below

Originally posted by 85SEnochie:

SSC Tuatara Just to get some more ideas flowing

Have we seen the new drawing up close yet? looks good on the hood

Thanks, you're always flowing to nice, RBS2 has to look evil

Thanks for asking pic on hood

Originally posted by Zachycain:

Hey, i've been following this thread with great interest and i've actually registered just for this project alone, it's awesome, awesome work man!

i have made some photoshops for you if you wish, to see if you like the idea. if it can be put to use: wonderfull!
here you go!

i hope you enjoy!

good luck with the car!

Thank you for sharing Zachycain

WOW lots of samples, to Dodge-ish looking again it's not EVIL enough , it's got to be more MAD MAX

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2013 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Car-Lo

623 posts
Member since Jun 2006

Originally posted by turbodad:

MY EYES!!! MY EYES !!!!!

Reset

Ahhhh much better........

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 02-15-2013).]

diabloroadster

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2013 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for diabloroadsterSend a Private Message to diabloroadsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I kinda see what your after now on the rear. I know you and everyone else likes the caddy tail lights, when I saw the Kia tail lights I thought they looked perfect but I was seeing the rear differently. The angles of the Kia lights just flowed with the angles on the rear of the car. But now I kinda see what your after, and no the kia lights wouldnt look good.
Carry on with your master piece!
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2013 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by diabloroadster:

I kinda see what your after now on the rear. I know you and everyone else likes the caddy tail lights, when I saw the Kia tail lights I thought they looked perfect but I was seeing the rear differently. The angles of the Kia lights just flowed with the angles on the rear of the car. But now I kinda see what your after, and no the kia lights wouldnt look good.
Carry on with your master piece!

That was a good choice to , at least we tried thank you.

Today Clynt came over to make custom shelves for client and then we played with RBS2

Clynt rough mock up, nose is too flat

Grinding and cutting frame ends to bend down and slope hood

Slope hood at each corner ends

Hood inside garage for the day, cuts made on hood to curve and bend.

This weekend sand cut areas and fibreglass

Without hood

Clynt is always checking

Tucked her in for the day

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 02-16-2013).]

Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2013 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the pics - hope spring comes early so you can accelerate progress!

Jim
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2013 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Car-Lo:
again it's not EVIL enough , it's got to be more MAD MAX

I did not photo chop that one and it was meant to maybe spark an idea not as a whole
I to do not think Mad Max but thought it looked more sinister like Batman maybe?
When you laid the Cadillac lights down I saw a similarity with the tail lights in the picture I posted.

------------------

Love The Excitement! //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html

nightonfire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Car-lo,

I am getting ready to start on my hood, but was not sure if the hood was a fiberglass peice, or another composite. If it is not fiberglass, I know it is different then the fenders, and and bumpers, doors, and I will need a special boding compound similar to what I have used before, any info is great
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 02:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nightonfire:

Hey Car-lo,

I am getting ready to start on my hood, but was not sure if the hood was a fiberglass peice, or another composite. If it is not fiberglass, I know it is different then the fenders, and and bumpers, doors, and I will need a special boding compound similar to what I have used before, any info is great

Sorry for the late reply...
SMC (sheet moulded compound) Hood, roof, rear clip and trunk lid.
I just use SMC friendly products

Plastik Works and Fiber Tech

Anyone please jump right in and help us out

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 02-21-2013).]

Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking better everyday man !

PFF
System Bot
fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2013 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2014 Jeep Cherokee headlights? Madmaximised

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2013 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a thought you already have a reverse chop so you may have more room to angle the window line down then if you did not have a reverse chop but thought with the roundness you are thinking about making the front fender I thought this angle looked meaner Or it could be I am still drooling over the photo chop idea of making this a one off like you have done

What it was before the chop is a SSC Ultimate Aero and looked like this

------------------

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 02-26-2013).]

Zachycain

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2013 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZachycainSend a Private Message to ZachycainEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
some inspiration for you here?

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2013 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Zachycain:

some inspiration for you here?

Thank you so much Zachycain, now you're talking that's what RBS2 flavour buds are looking evil

Originally posted by fourpoint9:

2014 Jeep Cherokee headlights? Madmaximised

Thanks fourpoint9 for the tip, that's looking meaner and the right size I'll have to check it out.
Things are pretty busy around here, RBS2 is going to have a nicer home for April 1st (with me )

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 03-05-2013).]

VF1Skullangel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2013 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VF1SkullangelClick Here to visit VF1Skullangel's HomePageSend a Private Message to VF1SkullangelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Caddy tail lights!
jaredmurray88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2013 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredmurray88Send a Private Message to jaredmurray88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stupid question for you guys.. Where do you buy your pliogrip from? Can you just order from preform? Around here I am having issues finding suppliers for the stuff most have never heard of preform but will readily try and sell the Valvoline stuff at the higher cost because they know it lol
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2013 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaredmurray88:

Stupid question for you guys.. Where do you buy your pliogrip from? Can you just order from preform? Around here I am having issues finding suppliers for the stuff most have never heard of preform but will readily try and sell the Valvoline stuff at the higher cost because they know it lol

At Lordco here in Vancouver BC

Finally got a chance to play...
Started to tweak rocker scoops also made (bubbajoe's suggestion) longer spears and pliogriped them on door skins

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 03-23-2013).]

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2013 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe you might like the angle now?

------------------

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 03-25-2013).]

nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2013 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is the poor 3800SC going to get some luv..
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2013 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

Is the poor 3800SC going to get some luv..

Thanks for asking nosrac but this rambunctious little girl is BROKE no GO FAST GOODIES for now
Maybe just a little cosmetic polishing the SC to make her look nice and cute

Today more playing with rocker scoops

Without rocker scoop looks a lot cleaner, maybe do something different there

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 03-27-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
pistonbroke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2013 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pistonbrokeSend a Private Message to pistonbrokeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see what you mean about the scoops, it does look less heavy... Liking those tail lights a lot!
nosrac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2013 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Today more playing with rocker scoops

Without rocker scoop looks a lot cleaner, maybe do something different there

Me thinks if you make the rocker scoop part symmetrical with the top part. Like a mirror image flipped on the scoop.

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2013 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pistonbroke:

I see what you mean about the scoops, it does look less heavy... Liking those tail lights a lot!

Thanks pistonbroke, today I roughed in scoops. but still not sure about anything anymore

Originally posted by nosrac:

Me thinks if you make the rocker scoop part symmetrical with the top part. Like a mirror image flipped on the scoop.

Thanks for the input nosrac RBS2 is moving to a new home this weekend, so she'll have no internet for a few days
We'll play with your idea mock up with card at new home, see you there

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 03-28-2013).]

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2013 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John the energy you put into this car amazes me on a daily basis. If I had half the energy you do, I would finally have all my cars complete and a garage that was clean as a whistle. Do you figure you will have it ready for Arlington or the All Pontiac Show this season. That gives you 3 months roughly to finish this baby off.

------------------
857GT Part 85GT Part 87GT Part Caddy, 93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Now with Nitrous. Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2013 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Capt Fiero:

John the energy you put into this car amazes me on a daily basis. If I had half the energy you do, I would finally have all my cars complete and a garage that was clean as a whistle. Do you figure you will have it ready for Arlington or the All Pontiac Show this season. That gives you 3 months roughly to finish this baby off.

Hey David, we all miss you up here in the North West Coast hurry back RBS2 is running low on body parts !

It's not the energy at all, we senior citizens have all the time to play with toys and nothing else to do
About Arlington, not this year the reason is I'm tweaking things over and over nothing gets finished.
GBglide

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2013 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GBglideClick Here to visit GBglide's HomePageSend a Private Message to GBglideEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What happend to the modern Caddy tailights? Not that those look horrible or anything.....

pistonbroke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2013 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pistonbrokeSend a Private Message to pistonbrokeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the classic caddy lights, gives it a real stylized appearance. for a more modern look paint it satin black inside and encase it in plexiglass. John I can imagine you can get a little disheartened at times but its really looking great!

I bet the Italian supercar manufacturers have at least dozen guys working on their projects who are not as talented as you and Clynt
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2013 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey David, we all miss you up here in the North West Coast hurry back RBS2 is running low on body parts !

It's not the energy at all, we senior citizens have all the time to play with toys and nothing else to do
About Arlington, not this year the reason is I'm tweaking things over and over nothing gets finished.

Edit to add my Reply.

I am still up in the air about which county to live in, but having a house with a huge shop and no landlord is really tempting. I would miss you all in Canada horribly, but it would sure be nice.

Now as to the body parts, I am not sure if you were joking or not, but if you check on our local forum, there will be a complete free set of body panels and interior bits here soon. Tristen aka Romeo, bought a parts Fiero so he can rob the drivetrain for his 86GT. Yes believe it or not, he is coming back to the fold. He has already posted once he gets the cradle out, the rest of the car will be up for grabs for free. So I am sure RBS2 could get any needed transplant parts from their.

Well I should be back in Canada at least for a month or 2 around the end of April. Maybe longer. Hmm, I just thought of something, could you PM me Clynts contact info. I am going to be needing to move a large amount of items soon. Wonder if he still has his moving Truck.

[This message has been edited by Capt Fiero (edited 03-28-2013).]

RockDork

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2013 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RockDorkSend a Private Message to RockDorkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the greatest build EVER!!!!!!!
355Fiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2013 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 355FieroSend a Private Message to 355FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car-Lo;

Car is looking great.

As a suggestion, I find it very helpful to take some primer and paint everything, you want to confirm, the same colour so you can see the true lines on everything without the distractions of the sand lines and different colours of pieces etc.. These additional distraction in the body work tend to take your eye away from the lines you are trying to see.

Good thing about primer is that you will end up sanding it away again anyway so no issues on further levels of putty not sticking correctly afterward. Really makes a huge difference in the look. The Photoshops done here are good but can still get you distracted. A thin coat primer does wonders for the evaluation phase.

Keep up the great work
Don
PFF
System Bot
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2013 02:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GBglide:

What happend to the modern Caddy tailights? Not that those look horrible or anything.....

Thanks for asking GBglide, I won't be using the CTS Caddy Taillights and the Caddy rocket taillights I was just playing with photoshop
I'm still looking for taillights

Originally posted by 355Fiero:

Car-Lo;

Car is looking great.

As a suggestion, I find it very helpful to take some primer and paint everything, you want to confirm, the same colour so you can see the true lines on everything without the distractions of the sand lines and different colours of pieces etc.. These additional distraction in the body work tend to take your eye away from the lines you are trying to see.

Good thing about primer is that you will end up sanding it away again anyway so no issues on further levels of putty not sticking correctly afterward. Really makes a huge difference in the look. The Photoshops done here are good but can still get you distracted. A thin coat primer does wonders for the evaluation phase.

Keep up the great work
Don

Thanks Don for your suggestion that's a great plan and I'll do that next before anymore tweaking, she does look camouflaged now

Today is the last time in her old garage, Clynt and I moved everything over to new home, RBS2 is home alone waiting for tomorrow.

Also many thanks to Clynt for moving all my family over to new home too

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 04-05-2013).]

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2013 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Car-Lo

623 posts
Member since Jun 2006
Today Antony (nephew) and RBS2 waiting for tow truck...

Made a fun video of RBS2 waiting for tow truck and moving her to new place...

http://www.youtube.com/watc...7NIVcfhbyLNQ&index=1

Nice lines I may use a few on RBS2

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 04-04-2013).]

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2013 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today Clynt came over for a visit and have coffee at new place, but we ended up playing and tweaking
Dexster gave Clynt a happy welcome

We're trying to save the rocker scoops first before changing to something different

Bubbajoe's spears are getting longer for bigger game

A quick primer job suggested by 355Fiero(Don)

Photoshop tweaking, spear longer about 6" more and trimming rocker panel

Another view of same

Relocating wiper closer up (somehow we goofed the first time around)

Trimming wiper motor tray (that's as far we got today)

Nice slow afternoon for playing around, I'm still wasted from the move last weekend

While playing around with RBS2, next door neighbours came over to view the project, they thought it was a Lotus anyway nice welcome.

Today my nephew's daughter Selena and Carson came to visit us from Manitoba, also to check out RBS2 (Carson has a Fiero too)

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 04-10-2013).]

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2013 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yesterday afternoon before going to WCF meeting...
Clynt and I almost finished relocating wiper motor, where it should've been in the first place

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2013 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stripping fiero seats

Exposed frame
Using fiero frame to keep reclining backs (tall guys always lay back to fit)

Modifying frames to look similar to Lambo seats (a combo of Sesto, Perdigon and Aventador)
Playing around, quick photoshop...

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 04-18-2013).]

aeffertz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2013 02:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Speechless.
rodrieguz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2013 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rodrieguzSend a Private Message to rodrieguzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How did you get those seat frames so clean?
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2013 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rodrieguz:

How did you get those seat frames so clean?

Thanks for asking rodrieguz, brush it on and with a little help glue peels off easy.

Originally posted by aeffertz:

Speechless.

Thank you so much aeffertz, I've been very busy with home and family lately RBS2 progress will be picking up speed in a couple of weeks.

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2013 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Car-Lo

623 posts
Member since Jun 2006
Today Tristan had a stripping party...

Thanks to Tristan, Patrick and Clynt, RBS2 has a van full of body parts to play with

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 40 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock