Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  RBS in-Limbo (extreme makeover) (Page 37)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 40 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
RBS in-Limbo (extreme makeover) by Car-Lo
Started on: 09-25-2011 12:29 AM
Replies: 1576 (186084 views)
Last post by: sourmash on 12-30-2020 08:06 PM
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2016 06:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now thats a great looking front end .
IP: Logged
DotTC

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2016 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotTCClick Here to visit DotTC's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotTCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
amazing what one can make with some talent and time

------------------
1986 Fiero.. WorkInProgress.. :

Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2016 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Car-Lo:

Absolutely stunning!
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2016 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you so much, wftb, DotTC and Nels88 ! I can't believe the front end is happening after only 10 times trying

Today I had time making more DUST sanding the high and lows, finding potholes and crevices that's one big front end.

Reprimed and resand for imperfections

Licence plate hides away under body wing

Still have to fabricate scoop to side fenders as shown in red, it's easier for me to do this separately rather than one piece foam shaping

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 11-17-2016).]

TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2016 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW! Getting a lot closer and looking AMAZING!
DotTC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2016 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotTCClick Here to visit DotTC's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotTCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not sure if this has been said before, when this monster of a beautiful machine gets paint, what color will it's victims see?
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2016 02:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DotTC:

I'm not sure if this has been said before, when this monster of a beautiful machine gets paint, what color will it's victims see?

Yes many times, I'm really bad flip floppy with colour and design, let's see what colour you would pick ?

Little update: started side scoop on fender, early spring made some gel coat panels with proper curve to fit door.

InTheLead

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2016 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love the design, that's really amazing what you've put together.
DotTC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2016 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotTCClick Here to visit DotTC's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotTCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes many times, I'm really bad flip floppy with colour and design, let's see what colour you would pick ?

Little update: started side scoop on fender, early spring made some gel coat panels with proper curve to fit door.

I think a sunburst orange would be a killer color on this car.. A dark color would look wonderful, like a black or dark blue but I think an orange would be epic.
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2016 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today fibreglass backside of scoops to fenders and waiting to cure with heat lamps...

Almost sanded all primer away, lots of imperfection you see when in primer

Had to unbolt rocker panels, doing a bit of tweaking and finishing the back sides

Originally posted by DotTC:

I think a sunburst orange would be a killer color on this car.. A dark color would look wonderful, like a black or dark blue but I think an orange would be epic.

Thanks for the help, I'll be driving with just black primer for a whilelets get Terry Ray to do some photo shop of your colours you suggested?

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 12-02-2016).]

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2016 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by InTheLead:

I love the design, that's really amazing what you've put together.

Thank you so much InTheLead, today we got our first snow fall, but I still made progress with her
Welded front brackets to bolt on rocker panels (back brackets on long time ago)

That was fun...

PFF
System Bot
mr_corean

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2016 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mr_coreanSend a Private Message to mr_coreanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What's your plan for the cowl around the wiper arm?
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2016 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mr_corean:

What's your plan for the cowl around the wiper arm?

Thanks for asking mr_corean , I copied the Lambo Veneno hood, so the cowl will be the same, but only have two ribs instead of three, the centre is the wiper on RBS2

Originally posted by mr_corean:

How do you finish the duraglass to avoid pinholes?

Okay a much better answer...

In the past tried glazing and icing, but they all seam to shrink on me and hard to sand, so now I'm using lightweight filler (Feather-Rite) and easy to sand

mr_corean

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2016 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mr_coreanSend a Private Message to mr_coreanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Okay a much better answer...

In the past tried glazing and icing, but they all seam to shrink on me and hard to sand, so now I'm using lightweight filler (Feather-Rite) and easy to sand

Thanks!
AndyQB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2016 04:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AndyQBSend a Private Message to AndyQBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Carlo

Are you planning on adding close out panels on the front fender to lower wing sections as below?
Or have I missed that bit of the puzzle ;-))

Great work - getting closer - and its great to see some of those hard lines popping and coming together now.

DotTC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2016 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DotTCClick Here to visit DotTC's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotTCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Every time I get down on my project, and having to patiently wait for my wrist to heal to even think of touching it, this thread lifts my spirits. I am absolutely in love with this car. If I had half the ability to do something like thing I'd be so happy.

------------------
1986 Fiero.. WorkInProgress.. :

AndyQB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2016 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AndyQBSend a Private Message to AndyQBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
...Or maybe flip them up to form a wing like on the Lambo above!

Andy

Originally posted by AndyQB:

Hey Carlo

Are you planning on adding close out panels on the front fender to lower wing sections as below?
Or have I missed that bit of the puzzle ;-))

Great work - getting closer - and its great to see some of those hard lines popping and coming together now.

Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2017 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Two month bump - need an update fix!
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2017 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car-Lo is busy trying to dig a tunnel from his front door to the garage.It may take a while. Vancouver is getting our snow this year and our snowmobilers are not happy about it.
Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2017 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wftb:

Car-Lo is busy trying to dig a tunnel from his front door to the garage.It may take a while. Vancouver is getting our snow this year and our snowmobilers are not happy about it.

You'll have to come up with a better cover story, since he has an attached garage with access from the house
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2017 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about his garage is not long enough to comfortably work around the car with the garage door closed. I don't think he wants an avalanche of snow landing on his car when he opens the door.

------------------
857GT Part 85GT Part 87GT , 5spd Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Now with a Turbo.

For Sale $4000, Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front,

PFF
System Bot
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2017 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This was my car on Monday and John, lives about 30 mins west of me.

Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2017 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Capt Fiero:

How about his garage is not long enough to comfortably work around the car with the garage door closed. I don't think he wants an avalanche of snow landing on his car when he opens the door.

That's a winner! Judging by the pics, you guys have a few weeks of winter left! (It reached 80 degrees here in Virginia today)

Jim
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2017 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jim88GT:

That's a winner! Judging by the pics, you guys have a few weeks of winter left! (It reached 80 degrees here in Virginia today)

Jim

We just started a warm trend, so the snow is melting off and we are expecting 2 - 3 inches of rainfall over the next 24hrs. Highs have been in the mid 40's and lows in the mid-lower 30's. So its not that cold, but with the dampness and any slight breeze it makes it really uncomfortable to work in. So for the most part, any "Hobby or FUN" projects get side lined until the weather is more enjoyable to work in. We had a few days where it hit 50F and people were outside playing in T-Shirts or just wind breakers, even I got a chance to go outside and work on my Fiero in the temporary garage.

David
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2017 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Long time since I was on the forum but wow. Love your build and the way you think out of the box with this Fiero.

------------------
Regards SHARKMAN
Europe # 1 choptop
http://www.fieroforum.se/fo...=1342&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
http://www.fieroforum.se/fo...topic.php?f=10&t=173

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2017 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sharkman:

Long time since I was on the forum but wow. Love your build and the way you think out of the box with this Fiero.

Thanks, it's been a long time for me too, my old body can't work in the cold anymore.

I had to update RBS2 sketch, as always to many changes...

Today I installed the C7 headlights and C7 side markers...

Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2017 05:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spectacular!! Thanks for the pic fix
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2017 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW...really starting to come together!
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2017 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Installed rocker panels back on, front is roughed out and primed...

Top view

Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2017 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That looks tremendous!
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2017 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That looks amazing Mr Car Lo. Can't wait to see it in person.
PFF
System Bot
Neils88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2017 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those headlights really set it off! Great job on getting the front end together!
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2017 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Neils88:

Those headlights really set it off! Great job on getting the front end together!

Thank you so much Neils, a little update...
Redesigned rocker panel scoops.

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2017 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I could find an Emoji drooling...I would have posted.

Carlo...did you have a set of side mirrors in mind for this build?

Curious to see how that piece fits into your amazing puzzle
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2017 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

If I could find an Emoji drooling...I would have posted.

Carlo...did you have a set of side mirrors in mind for this build?

Curious to see how that piece fits into your amazing puzzle

Thanks TXOPIE, the side mirrors will be future looking angled wedged shaped.

always sanding...

Removed headlight, tweaking fender edge, the line was a bit off and that's the first thing you see

the headlight weight is 6.8 lb each, make the overall clip hood heavy

Installed sail panels and scoops...

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 03-27-2017).]

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2017 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steel:

That looks tremendous!

Thanks Steel, I can see daylight.

It's always fun to see the stock sail panel and one that's chopped...

Stock sail on RBS2

pcgold

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2017 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OMG That's beautiful.
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2017 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Carlo, you just keep raising the bar with this car, I'm really digging how the front is coming out...

Joe
Neils88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2017 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by motoracer838:

Carlo, you just keep raising the bar with this car, I'm really digging how the front is coming out...

Joe

Carlo has set the bar so high that most of us can't even see it anymore....

Truly amazing work!!!
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2017 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the HIGH commentspcgld, motoracer and Neils

A little update for today...
David Bergquist (CAPT FIERO) and Chris Zander installing rear bump steer with Wilwood 13" brakes (couple years back the front was done)
Now all four corners have Arrant Motorsports Suspension with Wilwood 13" brakes.

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 03-27-2017).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 40 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock