Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  RBS in-Limbo (extreme makeover) (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 40 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
RBS in-Limbo (extreme makeover) by Car-Lo
Started on: 09-25-2011 12:29 AM
Replies: 1576 (186081 views)
Last post by: sourmash on 12-30-2020 08:06 PM
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2011 02:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Car-Lo:

Thanks Tony, but it's all your fault

ssshhhh,..i was hoping they forgot,.....hehehe..

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 10-16-2011).]

IP: Logged
The Aura

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2011 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The AuraSend a Private Message to The AuraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Carson and Selena are loving this thread from Winnipeg.
Make sure Fred gets his hands dirty!
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2011 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car-lo this is probably an over asked question but... can you tell me the wheels & tires front and back name model and size, offset and what spacer size you have ... thanks for your time .... cant wait to see the end result...

thread added to my favorites

Danyel

------------------

My build Thread
http://www.tylerstoy.com
My LED marker kit

85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2011 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Danyel

Here is the info on his wheels:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There has been interest on the specs of the offset of the wheels and the size of the adapters.

The offset of the Axis wheels 20 X 10.5 inches is +35 and that was for a Nissan 350Z 5x114.3mm.

Adapter is 5x100 to 5x114.3 and the thickness I have ordered was 1.50"

_________________________________________________________________________________

Here is a link to the original build thread, there is a lot of info :

http://www.westcoastfieros....p?TID=133&PN=1&TPN=1

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2011 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85LAMB:

Danyel

Here is the info on his wheels:

Thanks Lincoln for helping out, just adding bit more info...

AXIS MATRIX

Front: 18X8 Michelin 245/35ZR Rear: 20X10-1/2 Michelin 325X25ZR
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2011 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Car-Lo

623 posts
Member since Jun 2006

Originally posted by The Aura:

Carson and Selena are loving this thread from Winnipeg.
Make sure Fred gets his hands dirty!

Great to hear from you two (do you still have the GT)?
Yep, Fred is always helping me out, with three (counting Clynt) senior citizens working on RBS, it's always a fun day.

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 10-19-2011).]

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2011 02:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
85LAMB and Car-lo thanks for the info guys much appreciated .... cant wait to see your car done WOWWW
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2011 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

RBS is flying high, she got wings...

Sunroof is in back seat now

What do you mean there's no headroom

Dang when you get some skin on that super chop it is going to be looooooooooow I am so going to the Arlington show in 2012 hope that she is finished by that time!
The window looks great and if you have some ideas for the rear deck lid let me know I will give it ago.

Terry

------------------

Love The Excitement! https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2011 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Widening roof...

Fiberglass roof panels together

All sanded

Adding pillar moulding and will continue down to fastback

Slapped on old RBS door skin just for fun, I'll be using a clean skin and lowering window line flow as planned

Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2011 06:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome build - can't wait to see the finished product! Any idea when you'll have it completed? (I know they're never really done - as there are always new mods to make)

Jim
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2011 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Body mods !

Now this is the really fun part.
PFF
System Bot
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2011 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Next a layer of glass reinforced filler used to round off flat pillar moulding...

Bit more patching

Sanded nice and roundish

Pics of something to follow with

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2011 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Next a layer of glass reinforced filler used to round off flat pillar moulding...

Bit more patching

Sanded nice and roundish

Pics of something to follow with

Looks great! I like the lambo pix in the back ground to help motivate and inspire

------------------

85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2011 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow.... !!!!

This is going to be very low....

Looking good, keep up the good work

PS check your PM when you get a chance
F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2011 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Refreshing, Looking good.
SAFASTRO

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2011 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm speechless..........WOW! is all I can say!
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2011 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW! just WOW!, I finally took a look at your post. I didn't realize what it was all about. As a replica builder it's totally obvious to me that what you've done is way harder and of course more imaginative. I love it, but like a few other posters I wish that you would have started over with another car and preserved the first one. It looked great too. You are incredibly talented and ambitous.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2011 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think Car-lo has stated many times the reason he did not start over on another car is, it is a matter of budget.

Like many of us, he can't just crank out the cash for another engine swap, wheels, etc at the drop of a hat, so the best way to go is to work with what you got.
dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2011 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
didn't mean it as a criticism. Just a wish. I understand the economics. In fact I'm a tightwad who wants much more than I can afford. Isn't that typical fiero owner?
andreww

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2011 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for andrewwSend a Private Message to andrewwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I totally get it, but if he had sold the car I'm sure it would have covered his costs. Maybe not

Keep up the awesome work Carlo!
BOBBY D

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2011 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BOBBY DSend a Private Message to BOBBY DEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I get that. Think of all the money spent on the swap just to get it to his level if satisfaction. I would have gave him 10k for the original car. I doubt he could have got to the basic platform needed to start over.

Thats my situation. Took lots of money to get where I am and lots more to finish the dream. I know, I hear it all the time why would you put that much money in a fiero.

My response is always, why would you drive a civic and not be able to find it in a parking lot.
PFF
System Bot
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2011 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally roof and pillar moulding are roughed in, some close up shots...(the wiper is tacked on for location only)

88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2011 03:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i just read through all the pages, this is exciting, i will be putting this thread as a bookmark.
dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2011 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anxious to see it finished, but I'm fascinated with what you did the first time and seeing how you do your stuff. I'm now a big fan and regular reader.
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2011 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't wait to see the body come to life.

Joe
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2011 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Mazda windshield frame design (like most or all cars today) have raised pillar moulding on each side of frame,
that follow through over roof and into fastback pillars, I had to do the same to get pillar moulding flowing into RBS roof .

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 10-28-2011).]

85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2011 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good

Are the roof moldings removeable ?
or
did your glass them to the side of the roof ?

Looks like you decided to keep the sunroof
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2011 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85LAMB:

Looks good

Are the roof moldings removeable ?
or
did your glass them to the side of the roof ?

Looks like you decided to keep the sunroof

Good question, not removeable (same with roof).
The old sunroof: At first when Clynt and I started talking about widening roof, it was not possible to us to make sunroof work again.
I always wanted to keep sunroof on, driving with Clynt's 3"chop I did not like it at all without one and I was chopping RBS to 4"
(for me it was too closed in feeling). I put the sunroof on and all the drip rails still lined up and at the end it worked out okay,
anyway RBS does not like the rain.

carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2011 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's coming along nicely. So, are you leaving it black, or are you going for some color this time?
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2011 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carnut122:

It's coming along nicely. So, are you leaving it black, or are you going for some color this time?

Thanks...
Yes, glossy black body with matt black carbon fiber insert (lambo) scoops, panels, lips and things
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2011 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Car-Lo

623 posts
Member since Jun 2006

Originally posted by dratts:

Anxious to see it finished, but I'm fascinated with what you did the first time and seeing how you do your stuff. I'm now a big fan and regular reader.

Thank you and me to, that's the only way I know how to build my dream car (on budget) by swapping body parts with club members and tweaking them

Added NOTE: Thank you all for your nice comments and support

PFF
System Bot
TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2011 05:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

snip... swapping body parts with club members ...snip

Oooohhh..... So THAT'S how you've been paying for this!

Just kidding of course! Keep up the awesome work!!!

------------------
(TRSX) The Zombiero - "Thrice resurrected"
1985 GT, 4 Speed Muncie, 3.4PR V6, 15" Lace GT wheels, Power everything, sunroof, Red with gray effects. Driven and enjoyed daily.

Fiero GT- 2 seater, mid engine, rear wheel drive, H.O. V6, manual rack and pinion steering, fully independent suspension, 4 wheel disc brakes, no ABS, no traction control, no speed limiter, available T-Tops. So, outdated econo-box or classic sports car? You decide.

carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2011 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks...
Yes, glossy black body with matt black carbon fiber insert (lambo) scoops, panels, lips and things

My Fiero is black. So is my motorcycle, my S-10, and my last Mustang. I was getting into a rut. So my Equinox is Gray and my 53 F100 is red. However, black is my favorite, I'm glad you're keeping it black!
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2011 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The Mazda windshield frame design (like most or all cars today) have raised pillar moulding on each side of frame,
that follow through over roof and into fastback pillars, I had to do the same to get pillar moulding flowing into RBS roof .

Good call the pillar lines look real good! and glad the sun roof worked out

------------------

Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2011 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So when are you doing my car????

------------------
1985 Fiero GT 4speed 1986 Fiero GT
1997 BMW 328 1984 Porsche 944

FieroNews~Boots~Bag's~Walle ts~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~Download the Fieronews Catalog HERE~

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2011 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Thomas:

So when are you doing my car????

Mr. Thomas, that's one scary avatar
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2011 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mr. Thomas, that's one scary avatar

LOL, he gets that from time to time.

Joe
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2011 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After attempting to fabricate my own wiper mount, Clynt saved the day by doing it right, a nice looking design and strong

Next posting I'll show you my ( crappy) wiper mount, laughing is much welcomed

Okay, here it is my crappy wiper mount (don't try this, get a professional )

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 11-03-2011).]

av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2011 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where will you be picking up air for interior ventilation now that the cowl vents are blocked by the windshield?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2011 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good. I like the front windshield, new modernized roof, singular wiper blade and it's compartment, and I truly love the aggressive rake. For the record I loved the original, but I will add is, "IF THE RBS DOESN'T LIVE-UP TO OUR EXPECTATIONS WE WILL POSITIVELY ABSOLUTELY, AND UNIFORMLY BAND EXOTICSE FROM EVER SUGGESTING ANYTHING TO ANYONE ANY MORE."
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 40 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock