Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  RBS in-Limbo (extreme makeover) (Page 31)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 40 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
RBS in-Limbo (extreme makeover) by Car-Lo
Started on: 09-25-2011 12:29 AM
Replies: 1576 (186081 views)
Last post by: sourmash on 12-30-2020 08:06 PM
Car-Lo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2015 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today: played with her it's exhausting work

Tomorrow I'll work on hangers and start on the tip box, not sure what design 1st or 2nd or something in-between
IP: Logged
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2015 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't wait to see which direction you go with the tip...looking good as always!
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2015 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

Can't wait to see which direction you go with the tip...looking good as always!

Thanks TXOPIE actually you should be picking one out it will end up in TEXAS

Today I was able to do the hangers, tacked on hanger brackets for now and will box them in for strength

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2015 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Car-Lo:

Thanks TXOPIE actually you should be picking one out it will end up in TEXAS

Today I was able to do the hangers, tacked on hanger brackets for now and will box them in for strength]

Rather leave it to the Artist's freedom of expression!

Maybe less likely, but only time will tell
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2015 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today finished boxing in hanger brackets, don't have a bench working on floor

It's hanging

With wings on

Still playing with tip shape

The problem is looking at different views, the angles change on tip with wing angles so they don't fit

Maybe the 1st was the best

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 07-15-2015).]

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2015 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Car-Lo

623 posts
Member since Jun 2006

Maybe less likely, but only time will tell

How can I change this sexy shape well maybe a little lip spoiler

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2015 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Normally I just come in here to make wise cracks and jokes, however............ This time I will offer some ideas.

If you cut back your pipe leading to your exhaust tip area, hit up the local speed shop / muffler place and look for some deal MONZA style tips. Same type that older Ferrari's had on them. That would take you from 2 pipes sticking out to 4, then orientate them into a semi V shape. Then box them into whatever pattern you want. The resonated sound from a Monza tip would give RBS a really exotic / aggressive tone to it. I just think twin tips with a total of 4 pipes matching the angle of the rear diffuser would look awesome.

Ok now for the smartass comment......

Before you even got into a parking stall someone joked how long before he mods that............ My guess is 90 days or less and you will have new wheels and a body kit. Then maybe a lowered suspension. LOL. Johnny ya know we love ya and are honoured to have you in our club.

Oh and if you are interested I may have a work bench for you. Its on 200lb castors. (total 800lb load) has 4 bins for tool storage and a 1" think wood top. Casters have brakes so once parked it won't roll around. Let me know if you are interested. You'll need to bring out the Super Van (your 5spd Astro van) to come get it though, as my trailer insurance expired and I am not sure if it will fit in a Blazer. Its not huge, but large enough that it would have fit your exhaust system.

------------------
857GT Part 85GT Part 87GT Part Caddy, 93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Now with Nitrous. Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics For Sale $4000, Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2015 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A little inspiration:
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2015 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Capt Fiero:

Normally I just come in here to make wise cracks and jokes, however............ This time I will offer some ideas.

If you cut back your pipe leading to your exhaust tip area, hit up the local speed shop / muffler place and look for some deal MONZA style tips. Same type that older Ferrari's had on them. That would take you from 2 pipes sticking out to 4, then orientate them into a semi V shape. Then box them into whatever pattern you want. The resonated sound from a Monza tip would give RBS a really exotic / aggressive tone to it. I just think twin tips with a total of 4 pipes matching the angle of the rear diffuser would look awesome.

Ok now for the smartass comment......

Before you even got into a parking stall someone joked how long before he mods that............ My guess is 90 days or less and you will have new wheels and a body kit. Then maybe a lowered suspension. LOL. Johnny ya know we love ya and are honoured to have you in our club.

Oh and if you are interested I may have a work bench for you. Its on 200lb castors. (total 800lb load) has 4 bins for tool storage and a 1" think wood top. Casters have brakes so once parked it won't roll around. Let me know if you are interested. You'll need to bring out the Super Van (your 5spd Astro van) to come get it though, as my trailer insurance expired and I am not sure if it will fit in a Blazer. Its not huge, but large enough that it would have fit your exhaust system.

Thanks David, about the Monza tips that I don't like, too high pitch sound, I like the deeper raw sound, but that's my taste.

I was trying to make a little point about the bench, that some guys here have professional looking shops with hoists, do have true actual skills and I'm a true amateur working on my knees with cheap tools
That's okay, I don't need the bench, I'm getting to old for this anyway there's more to life than making DUST, I'll be away for a few days traveling .

About the HURST shifter , Rodney has them, I love the feel and goes well with old school lip spoiler.

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2015 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Car-Lo

623 posts
Member since Jun 2006

A little inspiration:

You're such a tease, I really don't like the Lambo doors, It's hard to go in and out and I'm fit I do like the spoiler
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2015 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You're such a tease, I really don't like the Lambo doors, It's hard to go in and out and I'm fit I do like the spoiler

I like the side air-vents and spoiler as well...lambo doors are a pain in many ways...so agreed there!
PFF
System Bot
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2015 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Some good ideas here. I had several of Norm's bits on my Solstice...really changed the look for the better:

http://normsfiberglass.com/solstice.html

------------------

Xyster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2015 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XysterSend a Private Message to XysterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have to agree with the thought on Lambo doors.

RBS2 is a truly beautiful creation. I'm always looking forward to the next update.
mental floss

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-20-2015 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mental flossSend a Private Message to mental flossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xyster:

I have to agree with the thought on Lambo doors..

Ditto that!
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2015 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Falcon Fiero:
Some good ideas here. I had several of Norm's bits on my Solstice...really changed the look for the better:

http://normsfiberglass.com/solstice.html

Thanks for the tip Falcon Fiero now I know where to get the dual outlet panel, with that I want to add performance dual exhaust for looks and sound

A great trip with TOP DOWN, to Whistle,Lillooet, Cache Creek, Hope and back home on #1.

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 07-25-2015).]

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2015 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Car-Lo

623 posts
Member since Jun 2006

Originally posted by Xyster:

I have to agree with the thought on Lambo doors.

RBS2 is a truly beautiful creation. I'm always looking forward to the next update.

Thanks Xyster yeah, that would be embarrassing
I still have a set for back up

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2015 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Car-Lo

623 posts
Member since Jun 2006

I decided to go with the 1st design and work around that

Started her rear end rough mock up using black foam core , easy to cut and light to tape panels together

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 07-21-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2015 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A fine looking backside
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2015 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A fine looking backside

Thanks TXOPIE, still tweaking visualizing

355Fiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2015 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 355FieroSend a Private Message to 355FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking nice Car-Lo;

What tail lights are you looking at now as you will need to have some fairly angular ones with the angles you have in the back.

I saw a new Camaro the other day and they have a new set of tail lights that might be worthwhile looking at??

Cheers
Don
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2015 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 355Fiero:

Looking nice Car-Lo;

What tail lights are you looking at now as you will need to have some fairly angular ones with the angles you have in the back.

I saw a new Camaro the other day and they have a new set of tail lights that might be worthwhile looking at??

Cheers
Don
Madcurl is using these on his current fiero redux project, if you want a looksee.
http://modifiedfieros.probo...ux-beginning?page=45

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 07-22-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2015 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today went to Dr.Fiero...
The driver's door was pretty bad shape he changed all pins, bushings and machined new rollerbushing also burnt new custom chip

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2015 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Car-Lo

623 posts
Member since Jun 2006

Originally posted by 355Fiero:

Looking nice Car-Lo;

Cheers
Don

Thanks Don, yes I had my eye on the new Camaro also C7 taillights.

I quick rough photoshop (sizing might be off, but just to visualize) I switched from left to right to fit angles for now

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 07-24-2015).]

countach711

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2015 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for countach711Click Here to visit countach711's HomePageSend a Private Message to countach711Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks cool. Did you try flipping them upside down and side to side?
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2015 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 355Fiero:

Looking nice Car-Lo;

Cheers
Don
Madcurl is using these on his current fiero redux project, if you want a looksee.
http://modifiedfieros.probo...ux-beginning?page=45[/QUOTE]

Thanks exoticse, I can't seem to log in, I tried many times before, I think they don't want me there
ADDED NOTE: We all miss Madcurly's KIT CAR preaching that was very entertaining please come back

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2015 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Car-Lo

623 posts
Member since Jun 2006

Originally posted by countach711:

Looks cool. Did you try flipping them upside down and side to side?

Thanks countach711, not yet, I'll play with it tonight (yesterday was out cruising) this morning added lights upside down

countach711

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2015 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for countach711Click Here to visit countach711's HomePageSend a Private Message to countach711Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice job, well it was worth a shot! ;-)
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2015 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks again countach711 I think I'll go with that set up using the C7 tail lights (they are more available than the new Camaro)

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2015 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks again countach711 I think I'll go with that set up using the C7 tail lights (they are more available than the new Camaro)

Hell Yeah!!! that's it right their LOVE IT!!!

had to play with it a little

------------------

Love The Excitement! https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 08-01-2015).]

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2015 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85SEnochie:

Hell Yeah!!! that's it right their LOVE IT!!!

had to play with it a little

Thanks Terry nice job on the rear end, I plan to have the exhaust tip in RED I love what you did on the hoods colour scheme you're making me think again
IVANNATINKLE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2015 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
absolutely amazing work beautiful progress over time and i can not wait to see more!
PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2015 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Loving those rear tail lights!
countach711

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2015 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for countach711Click Here to visit countach711's HomePageSend a Private Message to countach711Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Car-lo, this thing looks absolutely EVIL!!! Luke.. Come to the dark side.... hey, I used to do what you used to do (only a much smaller scale), bet you don't hear that too often?!! Only I have less talent than yourself, it was fun though.

here's a link to a few of my renderings, the last one is about the pinnacle of my evolution, after I took a class in it and had had some nice examples for inspiration!
http://www.gatesarchitecture.com/Portfolio.php

[This message has been edited by countach711 (edited 07-31-2015).]

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2015 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Photo chop As requested Edited with some of the other ideas we talked about

------------------

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 08-02-2015).]

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2015 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Terry for adding C7 headlights I just tweaked your photoshop a bit, top portion headlight same colour as body

At FIEROFEST I finally met the famous Mr.Photoshop "85SEnochie" (Terry)

My nephew Tony holding C7 headlight

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 08-03-2015).]

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2015 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks Terry for adding C7 headlights I just tweaked your photoshop a bit, top portion headlight same colour as body

At FIEROFEST I finally met the famous Mr.Photoshop "85SEnochie" (Terry)

My nephew Tony holding C7 headlight

Very cool!!! To have met you and thanks for sharing

------------------

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by countach711:

Hey Car-lo, this thing looks absolutely EVIL!!! Luke.. Come to the dark side.... hey, I used to do what you used to do (only a much smaller scale), bet you don't hear that too often?!! Only I have less talent than yourself, it was fun though.

here's a link to a few of my renderings, the last one is about the pinnacle of my evolution, after I took a class in it and had had some nice examples for inspiration!
http://www.gatesarchitecture.com/Portfolio.php

Thanks for sharing countach711, I thought I would be doing architectural renderings for a longer time, but
at my older age the deadlines was to much, had enough of it and retired to play.

Today started fibreglassing gel-coat panels for vertical diffuser...

Actual C7 headlights just siting on buckets, need to make new brackets for them

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool that you got to meet Terry in person...I hope he knows that we all appreciate what he does for us here!

Also I am loving the progress and can't wait for the day to see her completed

Keep up that amazing work and thanks for sharing!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2015 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks exoticse, I can't seem to log in, I tried many times before, I think they don't want me there
ADDED NOTE: We all miss Madcurly's KIT CAR preaching that was very entertaining please come back

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/135423546" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>
Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2015 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/135423546" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

What are those tail lights from?

[This message has been edited by Tweeder (edited 08-06-2015).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 40 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock