Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  RBS in-Limbo (extreme makeover) (Page 38)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 40 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
RBS in-Limbo (extreme makeover) by Car-Lo
Started on: 09-25-2011 12:29 AM
Replies: 1576 (186095 views)
Last post by: sourmash on 12-30-2020 08:06 PM
dratts

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2017 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't been over here in a while. Your skills and vision just amaze me. I can only imagine the reaction when you hit the road with this. 'What kind of car is that'? Because it sure doesn't look like an amateur effort in any way.
IP: Logged
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2017 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Personally, I think your front end looks better than the Lambo that inspired it. Nice work!
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2017 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you so much dratts and Blacktree, I did it over so many time

This morning Blair dropped by and wired up the C7 headlights, she's very happy now

The left over from the Fiero harness

Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2017 03:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oooh! Does this mean you might be getting close(er) to done?
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2017 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hate to admit this, but he looks closer to finishing than me.
Erwin03

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2017 05:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Erwin03Click Here to visit Erwin03's HomePageSend a Private Message to Erwin03Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe this to be a perfect time to photobomb your tread !
I love what you have done with this car, great to see someone build his version of a dreamcar!
hcforde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2017 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hcfordeSend a Private Message to hcfordeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Car-Lo:

Thank you so much dratts and Blacktree, I did it over so many time

This morning Blair dropped by and wired up the C7 headlights, she's very happy now

Looks like all is going well.......BUT, the next time you want to take down a car to rebuild it into something tell me first. I would have gladly traded you a car for RBS. ( I would have even allowed you to keep the motor if you wanted to....LOL) That car made me fall in love with the choptop design.

Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2017 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Took me a few days but i went through most of the thread and its pictures. Very impressive. Can not wait to see the final product.
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2017 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spadesluck:

Took me a few days but i went through most of the thread and its pictures. Very impressive. Can not wait to see the final product.

Thank you so much for the nice comments Spadesluck, Erwin03 and hcforde

The EVOLUTION of RBS...

Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2017 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Absolutely stunning!!!!!!!!!!
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2017 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Neils88:

Absolutely stunning!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Neils88 removed old dashboard, console and redesigning to match exterior's angles, wedges, louvers and scoops.

PFF
System Bot
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2017 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That will be easier with the windshield out, I suppose...also means that much longer before it's on the road! Hurry up and finish it, so I can hop over and come see it for myself!
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2017 03:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stubby79:

That will be easier with the windshield out, I suppose...also means that much longer before it's on the road! Hurry up and finish it, so I can hop over and come see it for myself!

Thanks Stubby79 a bit longerbut for this summer

Stubby79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2017 03:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll hold you to that!
DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2017 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love this car! It is the best design I've ever seen!

How do your doors open? Do they open like a regular Fiero and then go up, or do they only go up like Diablo? You door gaps are soo nice I can't figure out how they work.
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2017 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DeLorean00:

I love this car! It is the best design I've ever seen!

How do your doors open? Do they open like a regular Fiero and then go up, or do they only go up like Diablo? You door gaps are soo nice I can't figure out how they work.

DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2017 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That looks so great! So when they open they go straight up and out like that? Not like the regular door conversion kits were you open them like normal and then push up?

What is so amazing is how perfect his door gaps are. I've never seen a door that opens like this with that nice of gaps, even factory Diablos had large gaps. Really a masterpiece of a car!

[This message has been edited by DeLorean00 (edited 05-04-2017).]

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2017 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess you're wondering what's up with RBS2, well I love to ride too !

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Originally posted by DeLorean00:

That looks so great! So when they open they go straight up and out like that? Not like the regular door conversion kits were you open them like normal and then push up?

What is so amazing is how perfect his door gaps are. I've never seen a door that opens like this with that nice of gaps, even factory Diablos had large gaps. Really a masterpiece of a car!

Thanks DeLorean00 for the nice comments, doors open regular conversion kits, you open them out and then push up.
I really don't like that, but that's the easier way.
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2017 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I figured you were out enjoying your bike

Originally posted by Car-Lo:

I guess you're wondering what's up with RBS2, well I love to ride too !

Thanks DeLorean00 for the nice comments, doors open regular conversion kits, you open them out and then push up.
I really don't like that, but that's the easier way.

Strappado

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2017 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StrappadoSend a Private Message to StrappadoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Updates? I'm jonesing for my favorite build thread
Joseph

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2017 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JosephSend a Private Message to JosephEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's incredible what you've done, I really like it.
PFF
System Bot
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2017 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*poke*

It's been almost a month...come on man, we need a hit of the good stuff!
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2017 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like photo bucket strikes again. And they only want 399.00 A YEAR to restore all our pictures. What a bunch of morons.I hope they go under.
andreww

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2017 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for andrewwSend a Private Message to andrewwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wonder if Carlo got tired of this project? Its been a long time.
wftb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2017 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is summer in BC. I doubt if he is in the garage much. I sure would not be if I lved there.
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2017 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Busy riding his hog and too pissed off at photobucket for ruining his thread - would be my guess.
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2017 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fixing hundreds of broken links isn't my idea of fun, either.
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2017 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'll do what I can, but try this link to a Video of the dash he is building.

https://www.facebook.com/10...deos/295482500925359

------------------
857GT Part 85GT Part 87GT , 5spd Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Now with a Turbo.

Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front. For Sale $4000 USD

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2017 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Capt Fiero

7657 posts
Member since Feb 2000

Uhm, Teaser shots.

------------------
857GT Part 85GT Part 87GT , 5spd Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Now with a Turbo.

Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front. For Sale $4000 USD

WarNPeace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2017 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WarNPeaceClick Here to visit WarNPeace's HomePageSend a Private Message to WarNPeaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Capt Fiero:

Uhm, Teaser shots.

Mannnnnn I hate that they deleted his photos... But thanks for posting something.

[This message has been edited by WarNPeace (edited 08-16-2017).]

TargaTrouble

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2017 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TargaTroubleSend a Private Message to TargaTroubleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not sure how many people are cool with this kind of thing, but figured I would share this tip on one of my favorite build threads that has been borked by Photobucket.

If you use Google Chrome, you can nab this extension to by-pass the Photobucket block and pictures will display as they used to without the stupid bandwidth overlay picture.

https://chrome.google.com/w...alioapbifiaedg?hl=en

Someone on another thread posted this trick and I am super glad they did, because now the thousands of photos in the build can be viewed again.

Almost considered proposing a crowd fund to get his Photobucket unlocked. Re-uploading to say imgur or any other host and re-linking to the whole thread would take forever, and PIP would aswell. But PIP would have the benefit of picture retention and back-up-ability.

Just thought I'd share
PFF
System Bot
falcon_ca

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2017 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TargaTrouble:

Not sure how many people are cool with this kind of thing, but figured I would share this tip on one of my favorite build threads that has been borked by Photobucket.

If you use Google Chrome, you can nab this extension to by-pass the Photobucket block and pictures will display as they used to without the stupid bandwidth overlay picture.

Someone on another thread posted this trick and I am super glad they did, because now the thousands of photos in the build can be viewed again.

Almost considered proposing a crowd fund to get his Photobucket unlocked. Re-uploading to say imgur or any other host and re-linking to the whole thread would take forever, and PIP would aswell. But PIP would have the benefit of picture retention and back-up-ability.

Just thought I'd share

Thank you very much ! so easy to install. You better clear the cache to make sure all pages will be reloaded

------------------
"I'm not driving too fast, . . . I'm just flying too low."

Work done 07-08 | Work done 08-09 | Work done 09-10 | Work done 10-11 | Work done 11-12 | Work done 12-13 | Work done 13-14 | Work done 15-16 | Work done 16-17 |4.9 Swap |

Stubby79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2017 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TargaTrouble:

Just thought I'd share

Yes, thanks for that! I found the firefox version... https://addons.mozilla.org/...don/photobucket-fix/
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2017 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stubby79: I found the firefox version... https://addons.mozilla.org/...don/photobucket-fix/

SWEET!

Too bad I deleted my Photobucket account already. But it's nice being able to see everyone else's pics.
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2017 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Works like a charm!

Many thanks for sharing the info.

Now I can again drool all over my keyboard looking at Car-Lo's progress....

HAGO!
Amida

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2017 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice work CarLo. You have a sharp eye for detail.

Reallybig

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2017 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ReallybigSend a Private Message to ReallybigEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car-lo!!! Where are you?!?! Almost 6 months since your last post... the best thread in Pennocks history has stalled!!! I need my RBS updates!
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2017 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If John Carlo will give me permission to I will go ahead and post some of his update shots. I know there are a lot of Die Hard followers of this thread that would love to see what is going on with the car.
Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2017 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DILI DILI !!
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2017 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

John ? If you are there, give me a thumbs up or down. I can copy them from your Facebook feed, or you can email pics numbered in a 1 through whatever manner.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 40 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock