Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  newest project (Page 77)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
newest project by bubbajoexxx
Started on: 09-12-2003 06:18 PM
Replies: 3111 (374039 views)
Last post by: Trinten on 04-23-2023 11:02 PM
Fiero2m8

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2014 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As I continue to update the thread in chronological order of events this past year, here are some shots taken at the all GM show taken at the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum in Hamilton, Ontario

IP: Logged
bubbajoexxx

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2014 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero2m8:

Thanks Danyel, Cheers!

Unfortunately, my project to change the final drive ratio in one of the transaxles didn't work out.
The plan was to have one transaxle setup for highway cruising at low revs and leave the other stock for best acceleration.
The ring and pinion I bought on eBay thought to be from a Porsche Sportmatic had a smaller diameter ring gear that wouldn't fit the differential.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Por...em35d847826a&vxp=mtr
Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2015 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thought I'd post some pics of the light cover lenses I cut out from a sheet of acrylic then tinted and mounted flush with the bumper covers.
This is something that I had planned on for years and finally got around to the project.
I'm happy with the results as a signature homemade custom touch to modernize the look.
Bonus is I've had no issues with keeping them clean and secure on the car during highway use or washing the car.
Originally I thought of making extras to sell to forum members but after the time invested in the prototypes, I lost interest mainly because mine would no longer be unique

Rears:

BTW - I have since painted the stainless hardware satin black so they blend in with the tinting.
The above pic gives a good scale comparison between the Indy and a late model Camaro !

Fronts:

Happy New Year!
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2015 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nicely done!

If you want to eliminate the red grid lenses in your tail lights and go to a one piece smooth red lens let me know. I cut them on my CNC router for my LED tail light kit.

I haven't tried them with regular incandescent bulbs yet, so I'm not sure how they would look or deal with the heat.... but if you want to try, just let me know.
Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2015 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Chris, added it to the mod list.

Another project I checked off the list was replacing the exhaust after the flowmasters to mandrel bent tube and new stainless tips.
This time I went with more of a Corvette theme look since so many of the upgrades to the newest project are Corvette parts.
Have a look at the pictures below and let me know what you think.

Cheers, Ryan aka Fiero2m8

------------------

Indy Northstar-Stretch

davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2015 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Didn't think this car could look any better but it just keeps moving up the custom Fiero ladder. Great job!
Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2015 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks even better that when I followed you around the brickyard!

Jim
Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2015 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks gents, using the continuous improvement method to keep me interested in the project and show others at cruise nights what I've been up to on it...
Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2015 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Latest upgrade is installing "switchbacks".

LED's that appear as white running lights but switch to amber for turn signals...

Here's the brand I bought and a video of them installed today:

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2015 06:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like that, Ryan. Pretty slick.

Bob
Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2015 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On the mechanical front, I had a starter issue to resolve.

Symptom was car starts fine when engine cold but wouldn't engage and crank properly when engine was hot.
Of course I didn't want to damage my new flywheel so I needed to find a solution to avoid having to walk home as the alternative.

I removed the starter and took some measurements with the calipers.
The result jogged my memory to realize I had caused this issue in the first place!
After upgrading the clutch and pressure plate last season, I had a clearance issue to the transaxle housing.
This was resolved by shaving material off the crank adapter plate.
The aha moment is that the starter pinion had also been moved further away causing the pinion to not fully engage the width of flywheel.

First I thought of modifying the mounting plate on the starter but then I thought a "off the shelf" starter solution would be best for long term ease of replacement.
Here are the starters I had been using:

My second idea what why not use a Porsche starter?
Measuring the width of the pinion teeth and throw distance showed an improvement over the aftermarket starter I was using.

Here's a picture of a stock Porsche 914 starter mounted:

Problem was the starter didn't have enough torque to start the V8!

So I exchanged it for one from a 911:

Then I decided that the Porsche starters were too big and heavy and that I may have problems with it's close proximity to the header.

Next I called IMI the manufacturer of the hi torque starters and gave Chris my measurements and application details.
Instead of the IMI -101 I had with a 30mm depth, we went with a 44mm depth unit that could be shimmed out 3mm to get what I wanted.

In the catalog it is a starter for V8 conversions to a VW bus (I had been using a VW bus flywheel and I do have a V8 lol).

I decided to go for the IMI-104NC (the N being higher torque version and C for chrome) as the part number for my project.
Soon it arrived from California nice and shiny:

Next I swapped in the rebuilt transaxle for this season as the syncros on the used one are getting tired and see how the new starter performs...

Here are the pics:

[This message has been edited by Fiero2m8 (edited 04-26-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2015 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero2m8:

Latest upgrade is installing "switchbacks".

That's a good idea. I've thought about exactly that kind of thing but didn't know they were available.
Where did you get them? Do you just swap them for the standard bulbs or is there more to it? Did you make clear lenses?
Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2015 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by David Hambleton:

That's a good idea. I've thought about exactly that kind of thing but didn't know they were available.
Where did you get them? Do you just swap them for the standard bulbs or is there more to it? Did you make clear lenses?

Hi David,

I ordered the switchbacks from Performance Improvements on Upper Ottawa in Hamilton during their annual sale - very close to Stoney Creek!
Performance Improvments

The clear lens are from the Fiero Store here: 84-88 Clear Ft Park/Turn Lamps
I try to support The Fiero Store annually as I'm glad they still exist - using purchasing hardware kits or accessories etc.

You can direct swap the bulbs as they can be ordered for a 1157 socket.
To slow down the flashing rate, swap out your flasher relay with a LED relay.

You will see in the picture below I chose to bring the lens out flush with my homemade tinted covers to increase visibility and modernize the appearance:
However without the tinted covers hiding the housings it wouldn't look right in the 87/88 bumper IMHO.

I liked the switchbacks so much, I'm planning something similar to incorporate them at the back of the Fiero.
The switchbacks will combine indicators and reverse lights in the bumper reflector location...
Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2015 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero2m8

1928 posts
Member since Feb 2006
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2015 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Found this video about switchback lights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uucafuksDng
Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2015 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Next in the LED project was upgrading the rear, using in part the Embrace Racing kit from local forum member doublec4
While the instructions were very good, I took pictures of the progress along the way to document on the build thread here for future reference.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Assembly of kit:

Next is testing them in the car...
Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2015 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero2m8

1928 posts
Member since Feb 2006
Brake lights during test

Time to install them in lens housings

Cleaned up the wiring removing unneeded extra wire from last sequential system

Parking lights only

Brake lights only

Both - (what you would see at night)

Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2015 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero2m8

1928 posts
Member since Feb 2006
Since I liked the switchback LED's on the front of the Fiero so much I decided to incorporate them as turn signals and reverse lights at the rear.

Ordered another set of clear lens and I already had the extra switchback bulbs:

Wired up turn signals to reflector area that I had already previously modified for the reverse lights:

This is how it turned out with switchback LED's behind the tinted lens - different compared to the standard kit setup but flows with the setup at the front of the car.

Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2015 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero2m8

1928 posts
Member since Feb 2006
Here's a video of the overall operation:

------------------

Indy Northstar-Stretch

[This message has been edited by Fiero2m8 (edited 05-05-2015).]

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2015 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice! I like the amber turn signals in the bumper. Everything is looking much more modern
Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2015 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had a worn out clutch pedal cover so I replaced with The Fiero Store aluminum pedal covers.
Easy to install and they look fine in my opinion...

[This message has been edited by Fiero2m8 (edited 05-30-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2015 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really like the pedals.

Fantastic car..
Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2015 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Haven't posted in a while, so had a look at the photos I've taken and will add some to the thread.
This think this was the first summer I spent more hours out with the car than wrenching on it
Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2015 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero2m8

1928 posts
Member since Feb 2006
I rebuilt the front passenger side hub bearing this year although all the good pictures of the rebuild were lost when my phone crashed:

Make a trip to Nickel Beach on Lake Erie - got a speeding ticket on way there but it was never handed in so maybe he just wanted to get a closer look

Even drove it to do some shopping and local errands this summer but was careful on selecting a parking spot:

I made some changes to the rear diffuser to make it easier for air to escape:

Even brought it to work to show the boys at the office and take fellow car guys for a joyride:

Lately I flushed and filled the cooling system, fresh oil change, pulled the battery, fuel treatment and slow leak repaired in tire so it's ready to relax for the winter:

Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2015 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found some more pics on my iPad of the hub bearing rebuild:

If you recall, I used Caddy 79-85 Seville rear non-abs hub bearing units and the flange was swapped from the 88 Fiero:

I had previously bored it out for a larger outer bearing cup but that size had to be special ordered from canadian bearing.
So my future brother-in-law made a sleeve for it so the 67010 available and usually in stock at local auto parts stores would fit the tampered roller bearing:

Here you can see the shim after bearing pressed in and endplay checked with dial indicator:

Since it appears the nut moved previously a tack weld was used instead of bending the collar nut on the flat side of the shaft:
We also made a washer to go between the bearing and nut...

Finished it up with a trailer bearing cap modded to fit.
Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2015 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero2m8

1928 posts
Member since Feb 2006
Recent pic of engine bay after replacing a coolant hose on the firewall and insulating the wiring from heat:
The throttle linkage was also redone as I have some binding on one of the carburator return springs

Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2015 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero2m8

1928 posts
Member since Feb 2006
For the first time I trusted the newest project to an oil and filter change by someone other than me!
Went in on a quiet Sunday morning and the 5 "car guys" were great!

Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2015 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero2m8

1928 posts
Member since Feb 2006
I had broke a shift cable so I ordered a new one from the Fiero Store for the fore and aft shifting.
Just a tip - make sure if you have an 84 Fiero you get the longer one as they route through the floor instead of the firewall like later models...
After much adjustment everything shifting smoothly and easy to find all the gears in the Porsche 901 transaxle
With reverse at top left and first gear down and to the left in the shift pattern, I have a spring that when you let go of the shifter it moves slightly right and a quick shift to second is achieved with a push forward instead of a dog leg risking hitting reverse in error
Once in second shift lever stays there so 3rd is a straight pull back.
Not that I need first with a .456 final drive ratio and lots of torque - but sometimes it's fun to rev the Northstar to 7000 rpm

[This message has been edited by Fiero2m8 (edited 11-25-2015).]

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2015 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks great. You've done a great job maintaining and improving upon the original concept. Keep it up...

Bob
Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2016 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Haven't updated over the winter all I did was read a book on converting to EFI.
So far I've decided against it mainly due to overall cost.

On a personal update:
After 9 years together and 4 years engaged to Erin, we are planning a large destination wedding in Jamaica this spring
Almost 50 friends and family members will be in attendance for the week at an all inclusive resort (helps with the bar bill)!
Erin & I are also planning a honeymoon the following week in Negril.

This has me contemplating selling the newest project in this thread of almost 350,000 views and 3100 posts!
It started with Bubbajoe in 2003 and I took it over in 2008 when he sold it to me for $2,000
This was $8,000 less than he had invested in it - just to see it go to a good home.
The problem I have now is over the past 8 years I have invested $36,850 CDN ($27,500 USD) into the project to finish/improve it to the state you see it today.
That investment value doesn't include parts I paid cash for and my labour (which I never would because it is a hobby).

Of course I have loved the entire journey and understand one off custom cars are never worth what it takes to build them.
I also realize that the average value of a Fiero and what most Fiero owners can afford is a fraction of my investment.

Below is a list of 108 expenses that I did kept track of via a file folder and the build thread that went into the project sorted by date in chronological order.
The prices listed are in Canadian funds and included shipping, duty, taxes and the currency exchange rate at the time (where applicable).

DATE VENDOR / DESCRIPTION / AMOUNT

4/16/2008 ROBERT SIMPSON PURCHASE PRICE 1984 FIERO $2,000.00
4/16/2008 MINISTRY OF FINANCE TAX ON $300 FIERO $24.00
4/26/2008 CANADIAN TIRE SLAVE CYLINDER $142.14
5/5/2008 JOHN'S BUG SHOP CARB SYNCHRO TOOL $33.85
5/14/2008 SNAP ON TOOLS TIP DRILL SET $25.31
5/28/2008 FRONTIER EQUIPMENT NUMBER 60 DRILL $7.20
5/29/2008 PARTS SOURCE WASHER PUMP / HOSE $70.02
5/30/2008 CANADIAN TIRE FRONT SHOCKS $99.66
6/9/2008 CANADIAN TIRE HOSES / HARDWARE / OIL FILTER $182.64
6/17/2008 BRIAN CULLEN MOTORS SWITCH $55.99
6/30/2008 SPEEDY GLASS FRONT WINDSHIELD $367.25
7/18/2008 CB PERFORMANCE 36MM VENTURIS FOR DRLA 40 $104.46
7/22/2008 NIAGARA BATTERY G-FORCE SUPER SPORT - 4 $1,017.00
7/23/2008 SERVICE ONTARIO USED VEHICLE INFO PACKAGE $20.00
7/23/2008 KREMBLE AUTO SAFETY CERT / BRAKES / A/C $1,202.08
7/23/2008 NIAGARA TINTING WINDOW TINTING $169.50
8/31/2008 KREMBLE AUTO A/C REPAIR AND CHARGE SYSTEM $545.64
9/21/2008 EBAY MAZDA 323 A/C COMPRESSOR $242.00
9/22/2008 LARRYS SHEET METAL GALVANIZED TRUNK $50.00
10/6/2008 CANADIAN TIRE HARDWARE / HOSE / SPARK PLUGS $73.58
11/6/2008 KIJIJI TRANS AM INSTRUMENT CLUSTER $75.00
1/25/2009 PFF MEMBER SKOON (RIP) 1988 FIERO SUSPENSION $250.00
3/2/2009 EBAY POLY URATHANE KIT FOR 88 SUSPENSION $129.00
3/5/2009 THE FIERO STORE DEW WIPES $89.00
3/14/2009 MR. MIKES INDY SEAT COVER KIT $479.00
5/26/2009 HOME DEPOT EASY BOARD $81.46
5/28/2009 SPEEDY GLASS BAC K VERTICAL GLASS $406.80
7/26/2009 WALMART AMP KIT $84.69
7/29/2009 KIJIJI ALPINE 4 CHANNEL AND SUB AMPS $120.00
7/30/2009 WALMART SPEAKER WIRE $42.88
11/26/2009 YOUNG AUTO PROS PRIMER $12.71
12/22/2009 EBAY CADILLAC SEVILLE HUB BEARING UNIT $121.99
2/6/2010 AUGUSTE AUTO SERVICE 901 TRANSAXLE REBUILD $4,198.84
2/18/2010 EURO DRIVE CLUTCHES HD CLUTCH PRESS PLATE $514.15
3/2/2010 PATRICK MOTORSPORTS HI TORQUE STARTER $311.89
5/24/2010 THE BALANCING ACT NORTHSTAR REBUILD $4,520.00
6/1/2010 KC AUTO PARTS CERAMIC COATING OF HEADERS $560.00
6/14/2010 THE FIERO STORE RESTORATION HARDWARE $634.65
6/24/2010 RODNEY DICKMAN STRUT KIT / SUSPENSION $175.00
7/10/2010 YOUNG AUTO PROS BODY PAINT / STABILIZER $680.34
7/13/2010 UNIVERSAL PARTS INC ALUMINUM A/C CONDENSER $93.45
7/16/2010 EBAY VELOCITY STACK FILTERS - 8 $89.00
7/19/2010 EBAY A/C CONDENSER / ELECTRIC FAN $281.00
8/9/2010 AUTO PARTS DIRECT CADILLAC HUB BEARING UNIT $121.99
8/18/2010 AUTOGRAPH TRIM INDY DOOR DECALS $56.50
11/1/2010 TOP TECH INDUSTRIAL COATING CRADLE/SUBFRAME $369.50
11/18/2010 TOP TECH INDUSTRIAL COATING TRANS / SUSP $800.00
11/25/2010 EBAY URETHANE BUSHING KIT $79.00
12/6/2010 KREMBLE AUTO OIL PRESSURE SENSOR $180.80
12/9/2010 PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS HOSES/HARDWARE $92.28
1/2/2011 SPEEDY GLASS RE/RE WINDSHIELD MOLDING $141.25
1/19/2011 SOUTHWEST SPEED ADJUSTABLE PROPORTIONING $69.98
2/1/2011 PARTS SOURCE GATORBACK BELT $28.86
2/16/2011 RITEBRAKES EBC PADS 4 SETS $241.17
2/17/2011 KC AUTO PARTS EXHAUST COLLECTOR GASKETS $29.33
2/19/2011 CANADIAN TIRE HARDWARE / CLAMPS S STEEL $187.90
2/28/2011 COURTESY CHEVROLET GASKETS $64.19
3/4/2011 EBAY ENERGY SUSPENSION POLY SWAY BAR/ENG $95.00
3/9/2011 PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS TUBING/WRAP $259.78
3/14/2011 CANADIAN TIRE HOSE / PCV $50.08
3/14/2011 CANADIAN TIRE VACUMM TUBES $15.80
3/15/2011 PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS MAGNAKOOL LINE $95.18
3/15/2011 PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS TUBING / VACUUM $132.14
3/23/2011 CANADIAN TIRE CLAMPS / HOSE $39.97
3/23/2011 ENGINE REBUILDERS WAREHOUSE GM COIL PACKS $208.45
4/1/2011 PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS OPTIMA BATTERY $258.77
5/1/2011 KEVIN SHELDON BODYWORK / PAINT LABOUR $3,500.00
5/11/2011 PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS THERMAL SLEEVES $39.99
5/11/2011 PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS MASTER CYLINDER $352.53
5/14/2011 PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS SPARK WIRES KIT $110.66
5/14/2011 MILLERS AUTO RECYCLING USED FIERO PARTS $56.50
5/17/2011 ADDISON CHEVROLET AC DELCO SPARK PLUGS $39.78
6/13/2011 PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS TINTING / S TIES $71.07
12/18/2011 BUBBAJOE PORSCHE 901 TRANSAXLE SPARE $500.00
3/25/2012 BUBBAJOE PULL TYPE SLAVE CYLINDER $100.00
6/5/2012 BURLINGTON TOYOTA 1F4 TOUCH UP PAINT $15.35
6/6/2012 DIY STU INNER DEW WIPES $68.00
6/7/2012 PARTS SOURCE FLOWMASTER EXHAUST $421.10
7/13/2012 KREMBLE AUTO A/C COMPRESSOR / LINES $676.82
8/7/2012 AUGUSTE AUTO SERVICE PORSCHE CV JOINTS $140.92
12/27/2012 PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS BILLET BAT COVER $141.24
3/6/2013 GIBBYS ELECTRONIC SUPERMARKET SUB CARPET $67.80
3/25/2013 A & A TRUCK EXHAUST STAINLESS EXHAUST $678.00
3/27/2013 PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS LED/GASKETS $164.89
4/25/2013 CB PERFORMANCE DELLORTO CARB JETS $286.53
5/13/2013 MR LUBE OIL FLUSH $69.38
5/15/2013 ACE ALIGNMENT 4 WHEEL ALIGNMENT $197.75
5/30/2013 UPS BROKERAGE ON CARB PARTS $97.42
6/11/2013 CB PERFORMANCE THROTTLE / PUMP / MAIN JETS $282.20
6/11/2013 THE BALANCING ACT DYNO TUNING / NEW CARB $1,100.00
6/17/2013 UPS BROKERAGE ON CARB PARTS $97.65
10/19/2013 EBAY PORSCHE 911 STUB AXLES & CV JOINTS $542.00
2/7/2014 UPS BROKERAGE ON RING AND PINION $132.25
3/2/2014 MVRS RING AND PINION $300.00
3/15/2014 AUGUSTE AUTO SERVICE RESEAL TRANSAXLE $604.55
7/11/2014 CANADIAN TIRE TRICO WIPER BLADES $45.98
7/11/2014 PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS SHEATH / WRAP $67.73
7/18/2014 ZORO DISCOUNT MUFFLER SS TIPS / MANDREL PIPES $352.00
8/1/2014 EMRACE RACING HID HEADLAMP CONVERSION KIT $430.00
3/17/2015 WHALETAIL PORSCHE STARTER $141.25
3/31/2015 EMBRACE RACING NOTCHBACK LED TAILIGHT KIT $250.00
3/31/2015 MEMOTRONICS LED FLASHERS $17.24
4/20/2015 PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS LED 1157 BULBS $101.70
5/12/2015 CANADIAN TIRE BEARING CUP AND CONE $47.42
6/6/2015 AUTOMOTIVE WAREHOUSE LUG NUTS $45.14
6/18/2015 CANADIAN BEARING BEARING CUP AND CONE $67.64
11/18/2015 CANADIAN TIRE BATTERY $141.24
11/25/2015 THE FIERO STORE SHIFT CABLES $244.90

Anyways, if there is someone out there in the Fiero community that would like to be the next owner please email any offers to ryan.monaghan1@gmail.com

Lunatic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2016 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LunaticSend a Private Message to LunaticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Ryan.

I have two questions but I see that you've already sort of answered one.

1) What's the fuel mileage like on this? KM/tank average?
2) I have a factory gen 2 (00-03) Northstar here and was going to offer you the fuel injection from it. I have most of the engine wiring, intake, PCM, etc. I take it you're not interested in it?

That's all.

Have fun in Jamaica!

Shayne
PFF
System Bot
Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2016 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lunatic:

Hey Ryan.

I have two questions but I see that you've already sort of answered one.

1) What's the fuel mileage like on this? KM/tank average?
2) I have a factory gen 2 (00-03) Northstar here and was going to offer you the fuel injection from it. I have most of the engine wiring, intake, PCM, etc. I take it you're not interested in it?

That's all.

Have fun in Jamaica!

Shayne

Hi Shayne, thanks and nice to hear from you - I was just in Kitchener last Thursday on business.

1) The combined mileage is 15L/100km or 15mpg which gives a range of approximately 250km or 160 miles per tank.
Given it is not a daily driver and gas prices are low, this was not the motivator for going EFI.

2) I love the uniqueness of my setup and especially the sounds, however my better half doesn't like the smell
At the time of the build, the PCM for the 00-03 wasn't Fiero engine swap friendly although this may have changed with aftermarket ECM's - someone can chime in on that.
I looked at the stand alone EFI systems but most would require another custom intake manifold and I'd have to decide whether to change my ignition system or not.
So I'm interested in what you have to offer assuming my research finds it can be used and what in addition to your parts I would need to complete this swap.

How much are you asking for the EFI components, wiring harness and PCM?

------------------

Indy Northstar-Stretch

IXSLR8

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2016 03:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IXSLR8Send a Private Message to IXSLR8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man, I've looked, and looked, and looked for those Seville bearings.
Can't get them anywhere here in the US with the castle nuts.

I found a set of New Old stock but they had the castle nut done from the opposite side, that is, the outside of the hub not the inside like yours.

[This message has been edited by IXSLR8 (edited 04-07-2016).]

Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2016 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a heads up that the newest project is offered for sale in the Mall section - please post any questions there or send an email or PM.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/074251.html

Cheers

------------------

Indy Northstar-Stretch

Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2017 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not much to update as project was just listed for sale on auto trader and kijiji in Canada.

However I did work on another option / solution for the 1988 Hub Bearing units.
I bought a pair from Rodney Dickman and modified the flange by redrilling the studs for the Corvette bolt pattern and made a concentric hub ring to go from 57 to 73mm.

So far test driving is proving it was a successful mod and this should be a bolt on solution for the future owner.

[This message has been edited by Fiero2m8 (edited 01-10-2017).]

Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2017 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here the pattern it you need to take the Rodney Dickman 1988 Hub Bearing unit to a machine shop to have the studs redrilled from the stock 5 x 100mm.

For bolt pattern 5x4.75" (same as 5x120.65mm) see below...

------------------

Indy Northstar-Stretch

Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2017 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Indy Fiero2m8 is listed for sale in the Mall section here:

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/075394.html

Thanks everyone for looking and your support!

------------------

Indy Northstar-Stretch

Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2017 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful ride - hope you find the right buyer! I got to see it up close during our Indy laps at the 30th

Jim
Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2017 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jim88GT:

Beautiful ride - hope you find the right buyer! I got to see it up close during our Indy laps at the 30th

Jim

Thanks Jim, much appreciated!
I expect it will have a new home sooner than later now that the nice weather has arrived here in Niagara.
Will provide update and hopefully new owner will join PFF if they are not already a member.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view...495&requestSource=bl

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view...307&requestSource=bl

------------------

Indy Northstar-Stretch

[This message has been edited by Fiero2m8 (edited 04-24-2017).]

David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2017 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, Ryan, how are you coping with seller's remorse? Lol! Local buyer?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock