Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  newest project (Page 39)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
newest project by bubbajoexxx
Started on: 09-12-2003 06:18 PM
Replies: 3111 (374092 views)
Last post by: Trinten on 04-23-2023 11:02 PM
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2005 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the louvers!

------------------
I am the signature virus, please put me in your signature so I can spread

IP: Logged
Fie Ro

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2005 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bubbajoexxx:

gaudy or not responce welcome

The louvers look a bit radical since you have those clean lines at the back...but it might be fun to try cutting some (mid)sections of the louvers and see what happens..

Chewy_bjj

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2005 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chewy_bjjSend a Private Message to Chewy_bjjEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love the louvers. They look nice. The car is looking fantastic. Glad to see you dropped the hurse idea. The car kinda reminds of some of the older muscle cars. The back end does with that long window.
TM_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2005 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TM_FieroSend a Private Message to TM_FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was going to reply last night and say no. But looking at it today I'm reconsidering. Since the glass is clear, from a distance it might look like an elongated notichie. But, with the louvers it gives it some shape. Also, the black louvers will contrast nicely with the orange paint or whatever bright color you might paint the car.

But, one the other hand. It is a shame to hide that engine.

Mark me down as undecided

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2005 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
these are completely removable but I am looking for the 3 piece aluminum ones right now
rmphoto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2005 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rmphotoSend a Private Message to rmphotoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
did we go back in time to the 80s? holy crap please take those louvers off...
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2005 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

these are completely removable but I am looking for the 3 piece aluminum ones right now

I like them, if you are going to add Louvers then they should be as bold as the car they are on.

JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post06-24-2005 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The aluminum ones are better looking. I used to sell both the plastic and the aluminum ones, nobody bought the plastic ones.

JazzMan

Convertable Indy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2005 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Convertable IndySend a Private Message to Convertable IndyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keep the louvers!
Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2005 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
dude, louvres are from the '80's. ditch them.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2005 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will:

ditto!

PFF
System Bot
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2005 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Louvers makes it look so 80sh. It has great lines which the louvers just brake off.
stevenrossi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2005 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stevenrossiSend a Private Message to stevenrossiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd say the Louvers could look kinda cool. They seem to be a little large, kinda like shark fins. I'd say either use some of that bubbajoexxx insanity/genious and do something with them to make them look better, or get rid of them all together.

Otherwise...ummm..seeing as how the cars almost done...DIB'S 1st RIDE! (asides from his wife)

ezramore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2005 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ezramoreSend a Private Message to ezramoreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dude the car was made in the 80s lol... I think they will look pretty cool once they are painted. And if they dont Like Bubbajoe said they are removable.

USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2005 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
shave the pontiac arrowheads off the sail panels.
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2005 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

I say keep the louvers, they look great! SO what if its an 80's look!! i know that you have fabbed up some rear vette susp. pieces but I forgot what you did with the front...Did you redo the front supsension at all?? I'd look but I don't have the time right now.......Thanx in advance......

riley

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2005 03:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rileySend a Private Message to rileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i am going to have to vote for no louvers. only cause hiding that engine would be a sin. i do think they "look" alright on the car though
rmphoto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2005 04:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rmphotoSend a Private Message to rmphotoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ezramore:
Dude the car was made in the 80s lol...

so was i, but i dont wear acid wash jeans and studded leather jackets...

just because it was made in the 80s doesnt mean it has to look it...

NY_FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2005 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NY_FIEROClick Here to visit NY_FIERO's HomePageSend a Private Message to NY_FIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the 80's are like... like OVER
ricreatr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2005 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ricreatrSend a Private Message to ricreatrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

this sense that you folks have that the 80's are old - is old!
the 80's are retro now, have you seen the pink prep shirts, collars up and all?
i kinda like the louvers, but not sure you should cover up the engine, but . . .

the 80's louvers would be cutting edge now!

Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2005 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

gaudy or not responce welcome

Hey Bubbajoe, what's going on with the sidemarker where it meets with the rear bumper molding? Doesn't quite look right in the pic. Optical illusion or work-in-process?

PFF
System Bot
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2005 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Louvers are making a comeback!

http://www.sfxperformance.com/parts/AST10612.htm

I like 'em myself..... Looking at your rear, without them, it looks like a camaro. With louvers it looks like a Fier-rari-aro(?)

8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2005 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I LOVE the car, but I am not a fan of the louvers.
They take away from the beauty that you have created.
watts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 117
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2005 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wattsSend a Private Message to wattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Simple solution....

1/2 the camp LIKES the louvers.... 1/2 the camp HATES them....

So - remake them in CLEAR! Possibly with blacked edges fading quickly (few inches?) into the middle.
Get the look, and still get to see the artwork under glass!

NY_FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2005 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NY_FIEROClick Here to visit NY_FIERO's HomePageSend a Private Message to NY_FIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe that the car is a beautiful piece of art...

The louvers destroy the pure "form follows function" that the car was created by....
...Think about it.... the stratching was a byproduct of the N*.... the car was then "designed around that stratch"...
The louvers are simply not part of the natural beauty of this creation.
just my opinion...
TAG

KitKar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2005 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitKarClick Here to visit KitKar's HomePageSend a Private Message to KitKarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I usually don't like louvres but those don't look like your typical 80's louvre. I like them. Besides, it looks a lot less 80's than the notchback look does.

------------------
Rick Lord
http://www.KingdomCustoms.com
My FrankenFormula Project

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2005 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
for now I will put the louvers to the side and continue on getting the car sanded down and primed so I can get the prep work finished and get all the imperfections done so I can get the front air dam done your responce has been great and this debate will continue later

Thanks Guy's

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 06-29-2005).]

ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2005 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KitKar:
I usually don't like louvres but those don't look like your typical 80's louvre. I like them. Besides, it looks a lot less 80's than the notchback look does.

Burn!

hehehehe

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2005 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IMO I like the car w/o the louvers. Why? Because of the engine in back, sleeker look, and less clutter. Use the louver if you have a 4-banger....you'll need to cover it..... j/k
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2005 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pavo_roddy:

Hi all,

I say keep the louvers, they look great! SO what if its an 80's look!! i know that you have fabbed up some rear vette susp. pieces but I forgot what you did with the front...Did you redo the front supsension at all?? I'd look but I don't have the time right now.......Thanx in advance......

Hi all,

In all the louver confusion you musta forgot my question.....PUNK!!! :P

Bobby Amos Albrecht

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2005 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bobby Amos AlbrechtSend a Private Message to Bobby Amos AlbrechtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HI Joe I was looking at your work today and it looks really nice that gray primer looks white maybe white could be the right color for this car. Not sure but it's starting to look like something I love all your hard work and really great job for the weather you have to work in. You know not me I like it hot. Hope to talk to you soon always like talking to you just not sure when your not so bussy. Bobby!
PFF
System Bot
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2005 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pavo_roddy:

Hi all,

In all the louver confusion you musta forgot my question.....PUNK!!! :P

I have been watching the junk yards for an 88 to come in if I dont find one soon I will start looking on ebay for 84 vette control arms upper and lowers and uprights
and make a new front syspension system my self

FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2005 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The louvres are removable, right? So you can have your cake and eat it too, eh? Drive with 'em on, or off...?
I like the car both ways, but it depends on what YOU like. It's YOUR baby..

You've done some great work on this car!

[This message has been edited by FieroRumor (edited 07-01-2005).]

toddshotrods

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2005 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for toddshotrodsClick Here to visit toddshotrods's HomePageSend a Private Message to toddshotrodsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have been watching the junk yards for an 88 to come in if I dont find one soon I will start looking on ebay for 84 vette control arms upper and lowers and uprights
and make a new front syspension system my self

Why not base it on the C5 knuckles Bubbajoe? They are even reasonably priced new, and you can use C4 hubs in them like you did in back (with a fabbed nut to hold it together). If you can't find the C5 front control arms you should be able to fab your own tubular arms, or maybe even find some stock car arms in the right lengths. We discussed this in the racing thread but never pursued it any further. Gusshotrod did some preliminary software design and felt it should be a great setup for the 84-87 Fiero.

------------------
toddshotrods.com - wanna ride?
crazy projects, features, articles, art & more

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2005 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by toddshotrods:

Why not base it on the C5 knuckles Bubbajoe? They are even reasonably priced new, and you can use C4 hubs in them like you did in back (with a fabbed nut to hold it together). If you can't find the C5 front control arms you should be able to fab your own tubular arms, or maybe even find some stock car arms in the right lengths. We discussed this in the racing thread but never pursued it any further. Gusshotrod did some preliminary software design and felt it should be a great setup for the 84-87 Fiero.

the c4 setupis lighter and easier to set up and alot cheeper to buy

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2005 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car is looking awesome!!

But put me down for a vote against the louvers. They look alright, but the point of louvers is to lower the amount of sun comming into the passenger compartment. They serve no real purpose on your car except to hide the engine and reduce, (further) your rear visibility.

Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2005 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

the c4 setupis lighter and easier to set up and alot cheeper to buy

But it's got a LOT of anti-dive, which is not what a mid-engine car necessarily needs.
Getting rid of the anti-dive is difficult because the UBJ boss on the knuckle is angled back.

gusshotrod

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2005 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gusshotrodSend a Private Message to gusshotrodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A couple of things you might want to watch out for using C4 spindles. It might be difficult getting a long enough upper a-arm in there, and the kingpin offset might cause the tires to hit the body at close to full lock. The ball joint in the spindles are in line with each other, as are all spindles, so anti-dive isn't an issue with the spindles. You might want to use a shorter rack, I would suggest a mustang 2. You will also most likely have to fab steering arms to get the bump correct. I have some C4 spindles/hubs/rotors/calipers if you need them. By the way, I thought that the C5 design was so much better than the C4 that I redid the entire front end of my car so I could use them. One other thing: The C5's seem to have a problem with severe rear end lift under hard braking. You might want to look into this.
Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2005 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The ball joint centers are in line, but AIUI, the boss on the knuckle is angled back.
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2005 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I may just use the c5 setupwith custom upper and lower a arms as the originals ar way to long and bulky I think full custom arms are the way to go
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock