Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  newest project (Page 25)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
newest project by bubbajoexxx
Started on: 09-12-2003 06:18 PM
Replies: 3111 (374039 views)
Last post by: Trinten on 04-23-2023 11:02 PM
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2004 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fieroking:

This is way kool But have you had it running yet ?? And what do you plan to do with the car Drag it ?? i dont think even with the corvett lower control arms, It wont handle its to long and has a fat Ass

Joe Sokol

You know when I read this post, I actually laughed out loud... There had to be at least one of these comments I guess . Bubba, keep this thread going... you are creating a legend on par with GBCT and the Stinger. I am anxiously (but patiently) waiting to see the entire project completed. Creative!

IP: Logged
bubbajoexxx

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2004 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no this is being built as a cruse show car and it is going full vette suspension uper and lower arms and the stut rplaced with twin coil overs
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2004 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003

Originally posted by Fieroking:

This is way kool But have you had it running yet ?? And what do you plan to do with the car Drag it ?? i dont think even with the corvett lower control arms, It wont handle its to long and has a fat Ass

Joe Sokol

and yes the car is fully funtional it drives and runs My days of building drag car ended 20 years ago with my pro stock Chevette

DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2004 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by topcat:

Bubba, keep this thread going... you are creating a legend on par with GBCT and the Stinger. I am anxiously (but patiently) waiting to see the entire project completed. Creative!

I have to agree that this car will be another first in the Fiero World. and as much as I love the GBCT, I think I would trade Bubba cars anyday.

------------------

spearce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2004 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spearceClick Here to visit spearce's HomePageSend a Private Message to spearceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hi Joe

It was great to meet and talk with you this afternoon. Seeing the and hearing the car in person has given me the shot in the arm to get mine going. Time to makle room in the garage for my new project.

Steve

Fieroking

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2004 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierokingClick Here to visit Fieroking's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierokingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok that is all i wanted to know i have been following it It is way kool. I just must have missed the post about you havein it runnin.

Joe

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2004 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
spearce
should you need any help Just let me know and nice to meet you to I enjoyed the visit

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 12-05-2004).]

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2004 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
got the forward and rear cross tubes bent today and will start mock up of the pieces tonight and will post pics also

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 12-07-2004).]

Formula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2004 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bubba,

I got your mounts a while back, they look great!

Thanks

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2004 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here are some pics so far

you can see my home made tube notcher in ths pic as I notch the front hoop to the corect length

some pics not as clear as they should be as my shed is kinda small

the gig works failly whell as the notches fit tight
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2004 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OMG!!

Where is that picture of the jaw dropping down..??

Steve

ps. Bubba , I emailed you about the mounts and the dist. for a 92 that will have the 4412 on it.... Can you get back to me please sir..??

------------------

Custom-Shaved HandBuilt!!
FIRST-EVER-- CHOPTOP--WIDEBODY GT!!
4.9L-V8--5-Speed starting swap soon

PFF
System Bot
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2004 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NotAFieroAnyLonger
my email is bubbajoexx@sprint.ca msn did not change it in the site
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2004 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks... I will email you later tonight when I get off work!

Steve

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2004 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
progress so far Front conection to the frame done and lower control tubes spaced and welded on

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2004 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
tomorrow I willl start the cross arms and the swing arm mpounts so I can get it into the car
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2004 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
added the rear hoop and a arm brackets today and hope to start on the renforcements this weekend to get the next step done removing the old cradle from the car

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 12-10-2004).]

USFiero1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
User Banned

Report this Post12-10-2004 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFiero1Send a Private Message to USFiero1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good. I'm looking at the pic's and can't help but wonder if you heated/bent the right side of the A arm? It looks to have been bent but I'm just wondering..

Like the cradle design overall should suit that long rear end nicely.

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2004 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by USFiero1:

Looks good. I'm looking at the pic's and can't help but wonder if you heated/bent the right side of the A arm? It looks to have been bent but I'm just wondering..

Like the cradle design overall should suit that long rear end nicely.

nothey are not bent that is the dirt on them they have not been cleaned yet under coat stains

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2004 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
did the rear cross bars and front renforcments today here are the shots

boristheblade

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2004 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boristhebladeClick Here to visit boristheblade's HomePageSend a Private Message to boristhebladeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Puuurdy.
shop_rat45

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2004 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shop_rat45Send a Private Message to shop_rat45Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very very nice!!! I can't wait to see it finished. Still amazed with your work!!

Kris

PFF
System Bot
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2004 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There wont be much "fiero" left when you're finished! Wow.
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2004 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

There wont be much "fiero" left when you're finished! Wow.

90% of the car is still fiero 0nly 10% has been changed but that 10% will make a big diferance in handeling ride and looks and power

Bobert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2004 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobertSend a Private Message to BobertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

^^^ Bumping it up T T T ^^^
NY_FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2004 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NY_FIEROClick Here to visit NY_FIERO's HomePageSend a Private Message to NY_FIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kewl.. I think you've lost your mind.. and I like it....
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2004 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
been workin on a customers parts today but will be back at the tube cradle tomorrow and will post my progress for all to see
Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2004 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish you lived closer, I would be over there helping during these breaks I get off from school and work!

Excellent job on this car

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2004 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here is the latest progress on the tube cradle

most of the tubes are in now just 4 more pieces and it will be ready to put into the car

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 12-15-2004).]

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2004 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!

Simply incredible! (spelling?)

------------------
-Chris -
Custom Gun Metal 86 GT 4.9 V8 5spd

Build up tread or MODS w/ Pics

Fiero38SC

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2004 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero38SCSend a Private Message to Fiero38SCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Needs a few motor mounts and powdercoat it and it will be truly awsome.

Looks great.

OH10fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2004 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OH10fieroSend a Private Message to OH10fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Usually I am impressed by nothing......................but this is the most amazing thing I have seen in a very long time.
From what the car started from, to what it has turned into just boggles the mind to no end. The skills being used to make this happen makes me glad I am part of this forum, THIS is just something you do NOT get a chance to see everyday and it has me going to great lengths to get to any computer (crashed hard drive) to see what new updates come about.
PFF
System Bot
Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2004 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for the "ME TOO"...just wanted to give you another pat on the back, the progress looks great! I'm always baffled why people think it's so hard to make a tubular cradle, you just showed how quick it can be if you've got a little experience, some drive, and a good idea of what you want.

Bryce
88 GT

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2004 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the coments I am hoping to get the old cradle out this weekend so I can fit the new mounts and the rear attaching point done on the new one
LS1 Troy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2004 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LS1 TroySend a Private Message to LS1 TroyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This thing is awsome. Bubbajoe, you are a very talented craftsmen. Now maybe I missed something, but how are the upper control arms going to mount? Directly to the space frame or something else entirely? I can't wait to see this installed on the car.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks,
Troy

ezramore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2004 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ezramoreSend a Private Message to ezramoreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are ther any plans for power steering in the near future. Glad to see this still going. Looks great.

------------------
Ezra
88 Fiero 2M4

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2004 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LS1 Troy

I will be mounting the cradle solid no rubber at all and the upper arms will be mounted to a renforced center frame rail with new mounting tabs and the shock towers removed and a new chassie stifener installed in there place

LS1 Troy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2004 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LS1 TroySend a Private Message to LS1 TroyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That sounds really cool and quite slick (much like the rest of your car). I can't wait to see the pictures.

Later,
Troy

Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2004 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thats a nice cradle
-----
O/T
Do you build distributors for 4.9 carb swaps that you sell?
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2004 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Formula
I will look for the parts if I find some I can do it not in the best of shape to rumble around the scap yards
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2004 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Bubba, just an idea but I would gusset alot of those joints on the cradle mostly around the mounting points fo the A arms and cradle to body areas. If your not sure, a chassis fabricator could probably point out to you the "weak" spots (im too lazy to whip up a photoshop pic). BTW keep up the good work!

------------------
'02 Subaru WRX, 5MT, Loaded, "free mods", Green induction, Vishnu IC Y-pipe & Stage 1ECM, Helix up-pipe , Halman ES MBC @ 15.5psi, JDM STi gauge cluster, EGT/02/CEL fix.
1990 Nissan Skyline R32 GTS-T type M, R33 GTS-T turbo, NISMO 90mm cat-back, HKS down-pipe, Custom lead pipe/decat pipe combo, GTR front strut tower brace, HKS induction, NISMO 280KPH gauge cluster, DAWES devices A/F meter, Auto Meter boost gauge, Oil catch can and custom FMIC.
'87 Fiero GT 4.9/4T60e SOLD
Follow its built up here:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/027460.html

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock