Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  newest project (Page 35)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
newest project by bubbajoexxx
Started on: 09-12-2003 06:18 PM
Replies: 3111 (374668 views)
Last post by: Trinten on 04-23-2023 11:02 PM
ToonTownfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2005 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToonTownfieroClick Here to visit ToonTownfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to ToonTownfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW!
You win..
I don't know what you won for but YOU WIN!

------------------

1985 2m4
Saskatoon, Sask Canada
Visit the Saskatoon Fiero Club Website at
http://www.freewebs.com/saskatoonfieros/
Come chat with us at our Forum
http://saskfiero.suddenlaunch.com/

IP: Logged
riley

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2005 03:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rileySend a Private Message to rileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just out of curiosity, Is there anything you can design & build? really amazing work! I think one of the best parts is all the work you did OUTSIDE in a Canadian WINTER!
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2005 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well the first flaired side is on the car and works out well and the way it is done may interest notchy owner who want an easy way to flair out the body cheeply .Here are the pics

the use of an old notchy clip is what makes it easy

the wheel opening is now 2 inches wider than stock

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2005 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today was finally a nice day without rain, I got some work done too. Using the old notchie clip is a good idea to widen the body, good thinking!

Grim001

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2005 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Grim001Send a Private Message to Grim001Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bubbajoexxx
I was looking over you site on the brake upgrades and decided to do it myself with the bolt pattern change(5 X 3/4 ). I am hoping you can shed a little light on something for me. What year 6000 uprights do I need? Also what year chevy 4X4 hubs do I need for the rear? Last question. I thought I read somewhere in this massive post about having to use a cadillac part to mate the 4X4 axle with the fiero axle? what is this piece? Awesome thread by the way. Interesting concept! Thanks for your help.
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2005 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
finished up one side today and hope for nice weather tomorrow so I can start on the other
have a few comparison pcs so you can se the differance in bothe sides

in the above pics you can see how much the body is flaired out

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2005 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
here are the rest of the pics with the front side scoop installed

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2005 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003

Originally posted by doublec4:

Today was finally a nice day without rain, I got some work done too. Using the old notchie clip is a good idea to widen the body, good thinking!

You will Have to come by and see it in person

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2005 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003

Originally posted by Grim001:

Bubbajoexxx
I was looking over you site on the brake upgrades and decided to do it myself with the bolt pattern change(5 X 3/4 ). I am hoping you can shed a little light on something for me. What year 6000 uprights do I need? Also what year chevy 4X4 hubs do I need for the rear? Last question. I thought I read somewhere in this massive post about having to use a cadillac part to mate the 4X4 axle with the fiero axle? what is this piece? Awesome thread by the way. Interesting concept! Thanks for your help.

85 to 90 P 6000 heavy duty 115 bolt patern uprights
S10 4X4 84 to 92 front wheel bearing assemblies
85 to 87 caddy center ball cage center used with S10 balls and outer bearing ring

stevenrossi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2005 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stevenrossiSend a Private Message to stevenrossiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bubbajoexxx:

You will Have to come by and see it in person

Never mind Bub...i've got to swing by your place. Always up in and around that area filling orders for customers anyway. Darn! email me @ torontobodyparts@rogers.com to let me know when you'll be working on her and ill swing on by!

Nice work

It's not a Fiero...its a Bubba.

AntiKev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2005 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AntiKevClick Here to visit AntiKev's HomePageSend a Private Message to AntiKevEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Typical canadian...

PFF
System Bot
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2005 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AntiKev:

Typical canadian...

just got to have the TIMMS when workin outside

AntiKev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2005 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AntiKevClick Here to visit AntiKev's HomePageSend a Private Message to AntiKevEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

just got to have the TIMMS when workin outside

Believe me I know, when I changed my water pump in the driveway last winter I needed one of my friends to keep going back for me .

sonic50

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2005 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there any way that you can take a pic of the full car?
I just want to see what it look like.

------------------

88gt build up! https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/047402.html

http://www.iamanascarfan.com/

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2005 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
for thos of you who want to do the rear body flair I am posting the prosedure step by step including instruction

first of all you need a notchy rear clip and need to separate the outer skinn from the inner liner .simple to do with a good putty knife
Once separated you will need to cut the upper section of to look like this from the bottom lip
6 1/2 inches up the cut back at the B piller as in the pic

next bend 2 pieces of metal in a z shape to form a base to set the new pannel on as in the next 2 pics

the metal is bent 2 inches and tapers to 0 at each end
now set the new panel in place and make sure the front edge is in line with the body line and clamp into place the clamp the rear making sure the panel is flush at the top as you press it in and you will find the rear drops below the body line at the rear by 1 inch or less

at this point mark where the rear needs to be cut as in the pics

now that the panel matches the body you MUST BE SURE TO REMOVE ALL PAINT from the surfaces you will be fiberglassing as if you DONT the glass will not bond and will peal off .Use
40 grit sand paper to prep the surface for bonding the ruffer the surface the better the bond

continued

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2005 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003

now you have the surfaces preped for bonding place the pannel into place using clamp where possible and screws every 4 inches alone the top 3/4 of an inch below the bonding line

now mix you fiberglass resin acording to the instructions and apply short 3 inch long by 1nch stips
over the length of the area to bond and let harden you will apply wider stips each time to build up the area of the bond 1" 2" then 3" sanding between layers to keep the area flat once first layer is hard remove the screws and add each new layer

as you finish each layer you will see the area fill in better fiberglass than bondo

more tomorrow will be doing the body stips for attaching the panels and bunper

Convertable Indy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2005 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Convertable IndySend a Private Message to Convertable IndyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought the "wagon" looked good, but this is AWSOME! I guess the bar for customizing a Fiero has just been raised! GREAT work, please keep the pics coming!!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Convertable Indy (edited 05-08-2005).]

NY_FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2005 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NY_FIEROClick Here to visit NY_FIERO's HomePageSend a Private Message to NY_FIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I go to Buffalo I always hit the tim h....
it rocks
that car looks GREAT...
it really is an amazing feat of customization.
let the world see it.. be proud..
I'm proud just to be a member of the same forum as people like you and madcurl.

[This message has been edited by NY_FIERO (edited 05-10-2005).]

VISCERAL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2005 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VISCERALSend a Private Message to VISCERALEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Bubba, thanks for all your help, how about the torque amounts for the rear corvette caliper swap: caliper to mount and mount to upright, thanks. and btw did you ever have a pic or description of how to hook up the rear brake cables?

[This message has been edited by VISCERAL (edited 05-09-2005).]

stevenrossi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2005 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stevenrossiSend a Private Message to stevenrossiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Knock on wood but HOW much would it suck if this car got rear ended or something small. I mean look at the work involved in all of this...this car is, from front to back, custom. Bubba needs a helper...ever though of opening up your own shop?

Keep up the good work!

SR

[This message has been edited by stevenrossi (edited 05-09-2005).]

F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2005 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you very much for all the information, the photos, and descriptions! It gives those of us who have no experience the courage to try something unique on our own.
PFF
System Bot
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2005 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by stevenrossi:

Knock on wood but HOW much would it suck if this car got rear ended or something small. I mean look at the work involved in all of this...this car is, from front to back, custom. Bubba needs a helper...ever though of opening up your own shop?

Keep up the good work!

SR

unfortunatly for ever 6 hours I spend on the car it take me 36 hour to recover from the pain I suffer with my back though I would love to have a shop to help everone out with there cars I could never surive the pain . I'm in bad shape with my back .

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2005 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003

Originally posted by VISCERAL:

Hi Bubba, thanks for all your help, how about the torque amounts for the rear corvette caliper swap: caliper to mount and mount to upright, thanks. and btw did you ever have a pic or description of how to hook up the rear brake cables?

caliper to mount 45 ftlbs
mount to upright 35 ftlbs

if using 88 calipers with ebrake you need one new cable
I always make my own

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2005 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003

Originally posted by NY_FIERO:

When I go to Buffalo I always hit the tim h....
it rocks
that cat looks GREAT...
it relly is an amazing feat of customization.
let the world see it.. be proud..
I'm proud just to be a member of the same forum as people like you and madcurl.

Thank you for your comments
Bubbajoexxx

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2005 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003

Originally posted by Convertable Indy:

I thought the "wagon" looked good, but this is AWSOME! I guess the bar for customizing a Fiero has just been raised! GREAT work, please keep the pics coming!!

Thank you
Bubbajoexxx

VISCERAL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2005 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VISCERALSend a Private Message to VISCERALEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Joe, I have the 96 rear vette calipers and they came with some short brake cable still attached to them, the fiero cables have a barrel at the end while the vette has the loop. Not sure what to do.

caliper to mount 45 ftlbs
mount to upright 35 ftlbs

if using 88 calipers with ebrake you need one new cable
I always make my own

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2005 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by VISCERAL:

Thanks Joe, I have the 96 rear vette calipers and they came with some short brake cable still attached to them, the fiero cables have a barrel at the end while the vette has the loop. Not sure what to do.

I usualy cut and remove the inner cable then using 1/8 aircraft cable make a new one using crimp clamps all you need is a good vise to squeeze them shut

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2005 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
with the glass all hardend sand it as smooth as possible then fill in the low spots with regular filler as in this pic

the fair is then finished in the usual manner
here are some front shots with the new flaired body

fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2005 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW! Nice work!

What color are you going to paint it?
Somebody photoshop 88gt nose on it and do it in some colors.

greengoblin0129

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2005 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow.....Looks good man
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2005 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Absolutely awesome! I can not wait to see it painted and on the road!

PFF
System Bot
gaas88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2005 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gaas88Click Here to visit gaas88's HomePageSend a Private Message to gaas88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Bubba.....that is one badass machine!! This one car that I can't wait to see! Any idea of an ETA of when you'll be around to show her off in person at one of many gatherings planned this summer?
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2005 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroparts.com:

WOW! Nice work!

What color are you going to paint it?
Somebody photoshop 88gt nose on it and do it in some colors.

the nose is 88 4 cylinder and will have a custom air dam installed I dont like the GT nose on this car I had one on there and removed it and the car will be painted tangerine pearl check out this link to see it in one color http://toddshotrods.com/geneticart.htm

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2005 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003

Originally posted by gaas88:

Hey Bubba.....that is one badass machine!! This one car that I can't wait to see! Any idea of an ETA of when you'll be around to show her off in person at one of many gatherings planned this summer?

I am hoping this summer as there is still some glass work to do and some custom parts to make

sonic50

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2005 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2005 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Every once in a while I like to do a little photoshop of the progress. This is what I came up with:

I spent quite a bit of time on it to get everything looking right and finished. I hope you like it... I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2005 03:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Every once in a while I like to do a little photoshop of the progress. This is what I came up with:

I spent quite a bit of time on it to get everything looking right and finished. I hope you like it... I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

I like the lowered look, and of course the color. I noticed on the real car that the back wheels look good, but theres a pretty big wheel gap in front. Any plans for that, Bubba?

gaas88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2005 07:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gaas88Click Here to visit gaas88's HomePageSend a Private Message to gaas88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Double C, you are da man when it comes to photoshop work. Humour us all - What if you shaved the door handles, glass in the molding, paint the roof and "A" pillars black with tinted glass all around and leave the ass end slightly higher than the front end? Bubba, not trying to tell what you should do but this a great way to see conceptual ideas on probably one of the most modified Fiero's ever attempted. No disrepect intended to Madcurl because he has and continues to push the Fiero envelope with each and every Fiero he owns.
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2005 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gaas88:

Double C, you are da man when it comes to photoshop work. Humour us all - What if you shaved the door handles, glass in the molding, paint the roof and "A" pillars black with tinted glass all around and leave the ass end slightly higher than the front end? Bubba, not trying to tell what you should do but this a great way to see conceptual ideas on probably one of the most modified Fiero's ever attempted. No disrepect intended to Madcurl because he has and continues to push the Fiero envelope with each and every Fiero he owns.

all my fiero's have the trademark satin black roof section and there is no way to fill the mouldings in and have it last as there is nothing on this earth that will hold well to poly panels
as the doors and front are made of I have seend 4 cars filled and all of them start cracking and pealing in a year or so the only way to get the fully smooth look is to make glass door skins bumpers and fenders the bond them all together. the best one I sen done took 4 weeks to be done and was full of cracks after the first speed bump he hit with the chin spoiler and that was done all with epoxy resin filler 4000 dollar paint job shot on one bump.

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2005 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003

looks good but you need to paint the front roof section satin black as I do with all my Fiero's

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock