Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  newest project (Page 51)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
newest project by bubbajoexxx
Started on: 09-12-2003 06:18 PM
Replies: 3111 (374096 views)
Last post by: Trinten on 04-23-2023 11:02 PM
bubbajoexxx

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2006 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F-I-E-R-O:

I hope those CD's are full of pics and step-by-step proceedures of your build!

with all the pictures had to go to DVD's to get it all to fit

I own another page

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 12-12-2006).]

IP: Logged
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2006 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DAMN! I only posted that pic so that I could get page 51!!!!!! I didn't really care... After I posted the comment, I was thinking DVD myself but wasn't sure how computer savy you were...
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2006 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

DAMN! I only posted that pic so that I could get page 51!!!!!! I didn't really care... After I posted the comment, I was thinking DVD myself but wasn't sure how computer savy you were...

spend as much time workin on the computer as i do on the car web sites to keep up to date
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2006 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003

buy the way the badges are looking good
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2006 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here are the shots of the shortend ram tubes

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2006 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003

Originally posted by madcurl:

What type of struts are you using for the deck lid? Lenght?

the stuts are 39 inches open 29 inches closed
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2006 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
latest pics of 2 tone breathers and the second set of stacks

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2006 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Were did you buy you're ignition (yellow) wires from? Are they from Taylor's?
Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2006 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Accel wires are yellow also. Don't know if they make a specific set for the N*, but they make sets you can cut to length.
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2006 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Were did you buy you're ignition (yellow) wires from? Are they from Taylor's?

I make my own using MSD covers Mallory wire and Caddy 2002 ends
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2006 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
here is the wire I use

If you make your own wires be sure that each pair on each coil are exactly the same length as you are using a wasted spark system and each pair of wires need to have the same resistance or you will have ignition misses
PFF
System Bot
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2006 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

finally trimmed the plug covers with the early Nstar emblems
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2006 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bubbajoexxx:

If you make your own wires be sure that each pair on each coil are exactly the same length as you are using a wasted spark system and each pair of wires need to have the same resistance or you will have ignition misses

Thanks. I've always wanted the colored type like yours and Keith's Orange N*

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2006 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks. I've always wanted the colored type like yours and Keith's Orange N*

Your welcome
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2006 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here are todays updates

the breathers and plug covers on the car and started the ram air setup in the rear deck lid
fresh air into the brreathers will be supplied via the rear deck vents plumbed directly into the breather snorkles

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2006 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
here are the scoop pics

the metal under the opening has been removed on the right and the one on the left will also be cut out

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 12-17-2006).]

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2006 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
special
Thank You to My friend Bobert who helped tremenesly in helping me to aquiring the parts I needed to do the new breather setup

Thanks Bob

------------------

its not brokin if I can fix it and if I cant fix it was no good to start with

F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2006 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bob, I'd like to suggest that you make a vent similar to what Skitime did with his decklid like this...

[This message has been edited by F-I-E-R-O (edited 12-17-2006).]

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2006 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bob, I'd like to suggest that you make a vent similar to what Skitime did with his decklid like this...

my deck has a slight curve to it and a flat vent will not fit
also there would be to much of the steel aprin removed and cause the deck to twist when opened
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2006 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

here are todays updates

the breathers and plug covers on the car and started the ram air setup in the rear deck lid
fresh air into the brreathers will be supplied via the rear deck vents plumbed directly into the breather snorkles

it is looking DAMN good.
Bobert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2006 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobertSend a Private Message to BobertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

special
Thank You to My friend Bobert who helped tremenesly in helping me to aquiring the parts I needed to do the new breather setup

Thanks Bob

You're welcome Bubba. I could watch you work all day......sometimes I do.
PFF
System Bot
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2006 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cut out and thined out the hole edge to mout the other scoop will sart on the air box this week

larini74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2006 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2006 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oooo man this thing is getting close to done! you going to be able to bring it to carlisle?
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2006 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
got a few more parts to come in then back to work on the electric vacuum brakes and the new air duct to the deck vents
will be starting on tuesday and will post the progress .
fieroman22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2006 05:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroman22Send a Private Message to fieroman22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i must give you props for a wonderful engine bay, can i give you some advice if youre not already planning it? get some color on those headers.... crome or some kind of paint. man you got one hell of a nice looking engine and some rusty looking headers, ha mine are getting there too, lol. but its spendy. also are you planning to go with some other engine bay walling? it looks like oyu have 3 different types of walls in there, maybe just flat sheet metal and painted?
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2006 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroman22:

i must give you props for a wonderful engine bay, can i give you some advice if youre not already planning it? get some color on those headers.... crome or some kind of paint. man you got one hell of a nice looking engine and some rusty looking headers, ha mine are getting there too, lol. but its spendy. also are you planning to go with some other engine bay walling? it looks like oyu have 3 different types of walls in there, maybe just flat sheet metal and painted?

have all the material to finish the engine bay in 1/8 perf aluminum and a can of heatcast to do the headers in to clean them up
just have to get every thing just right then I will finish the engine bay off completely just waiting for the last 2 orders from ebay to come in
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2007 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
will be posting pics on the weekend been in bad shape for the last 2 weeks with pinched nerves in my neck
antinull.com

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2007 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for antinull.comSend a Private Message to antinull.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow this looks awesome ^_^
formula400

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2007 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for formula400Send a Private Message to formula400Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
How it going been awile.
did you post a pic for the trans adapt plate?
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2007 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its gotten pretty cold around here, I dont know where bubba works on his stuff, but I know if it was me I wouldn't be making much progress. Too firggin cold to go outside
PFF
System Bot
BH2OFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2007 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BH2OFieroClick Here to visit BH2OFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to BH2OFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow...it just took me 6.5hrs and 8 beers to read this thread from start to finish...I hate dailup. This is coming along great. I remember seeing this thread when I first joined the forum under a different username and thought it was a stupid idea...and I am very glad to be corrected. It's nice to see another Canadian doing something extreme with their Fiero. If I ever get up to Ontario I'll be sure to drop you a line and check it out. A + job.

-Caleb

------------------

bamman

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2007 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bammanSend a Private Message to bammanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well Bubbajoe, I hope you know that you should go for a little (lol) drive with this car in July. Say down to the summer atlantic nationals, in Moncton, N.B. It would be a nice center piece for the couple fiero's that show up there. I too hope to see your car in person some day.
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just finished building my new computer and been inside out of the cold as I work outside on the car , finished getting the parts together for the electrc vacuum brakes and to beet all got my daily driver totaled tthis morning some in the east lane decided to make a left into my west bound lane .

here are the pics of the bake parts

Scythe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2007 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ScytheSend a Private Message to ScytheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bubbajoexxx:got my daily driver totaled tthis morning some in the east lane decided to make a left into my west bound lane

I hope all is okay -- and feel better! Cars are replaceable, lives aren't.

As for the progress, keep it up
NY_FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2007 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NY_FIEROClick Here to visit NY_FIERO's HomePageSend a Private Message to NY_FIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

just finished building my new computer and been inside out of the cold as I work outside on the car , finished getting the parts together for the electrc vacuum brakes and to beet all got my daily driver totaled tthis morning some in the east lane decided to make a left into my west bound lane .

here are the pics of the bake parts

Hell, Lets see some computer pics

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2007 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NY_FIERO:

Hell, Lets see some computer pics

here you go
Intel D 3.4 ASUS P5WDH deluxe mother board
! tera byte in hard drives
4 gig memory
dvd rom dvd burner
liquid cooling with 3 rads ultra silent
XFX 7600GT 512 video card
600 w power supply
and more

and for the ultimate comfort while on pennock's a fiero chair

as you can see Bob and I built a new top for the desk last night

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 02-10-2007).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2007 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amazing project but what is the reasoning behind using ancient and outdated carburetor technology on a high tech Northstar engine? Carburetors are inefficient and such a system provides no engine management fuction.

------------------
87GT 3.4 Turbo- 0-60 5.2 seconds -Best
Engine Controls, ECM goodies, Chip
re-programming & odd electronics stuff

FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2007 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Amazing project but what is the reasoning behind using ancient and outdated carburetor technology on a high tech Northstar engine? Carburetors are inefficient and such a system provides no engine management fuction.

becuase 4 carbs are cool.
Daviero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2007 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DavieroSend a Private Message to DavieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bubbajoe, I made a post for some discussion on Audi 5000 transmissions at //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/080274.html Do you have anything you might add? (Link editted)
Thanks,
Dave.

------------------
Daviero - 88 N* GT

[This message has been edited by Daviero (edited 02-11-2007).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock