Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  newest project (Page 30)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
newest project by bubbajoexxx
Started on: 09-12-2003 06:18 PM
Replies: 3111 (374039 views)
Last post by: Trinten on 04-23-2023 11:02 PM
bubbajoexxx

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2005 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess I own this one too
bad weather today wont get much done today

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 02-16-2005).]

IP: Logged
Bobert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2005 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobertSend a Private Message to BobertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey, looks like you own this page too !
toddshotrods

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2005 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for toddshotrodsClick Here to visit toddshotrods's HomePageSend a Private Message to toddshotrodsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/049357.html

Bubbajoe's project is now officially published! I know, I have a long way to go but with people like him building stuff like this it'll happen... He should make quite a few other publications as well.

------------------
Todd Perkins - the member formerly known as "perkidelic"
todd's hot rods

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2005 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
first of all thank you toddshotrods

I will be starting the construction of the new rear support for the rear and the upper control arm mounts sunday and hope the weather is good so I can get most of it done . Will post what ever pics are taken so you can see how it is being done .

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2005 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
what not to do when cutting steel set your self on fire

burned though one shirt and part way into the other
FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2005 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's just a sign you're doing it right.

------------------

My Web page | The Turbo Super Duty Build.

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2005 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did get some work done though , started cutting out the frame rail to install the upper control arm
and set one mount in place and welded it in there is more to do though the area where the mounts install will be renforced with 1/8 plate and also filled in with the same material

and no injuries from the fire

Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2005 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been lurking in this post for the last couple of months. Only gots one thing to say:

Gawd-dam.

toddshotrods

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2005 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for toddshotrodsClick Here to visit toddshotrods's HomePageSend a Private Message to toddshotrodsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You're welcome and thanks again!

How long did you have to aim the magnifying glass at your shirt to get that big of a hole?! Couldn't find any ants to BBQ eh?

------------------
todd's hot rods

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2005 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was just glad to get the fire out it was burnning real good
Kento

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2005 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what is the coating on your drive way. the white stuff???

------------------
4.9 Caddy ON CRADLE in Garage! Car in Driveway! ACK!

http://home.cfl.rr.com/fierose
Central Florida Fieros
http://www.centralfloridafieros.org

Proud Member and founder of the DOWN SOUTH SUNNY WINTER PICK ON SNOW PEOPLE COALITION!

PFF
System Bot
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2005 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kento:

what is the coating on your drive way. the white stuff???

eskimo pavement (snow)

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2005 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well tomorrow will be a productive day as Iplan on haveing the left side suspesion complete
today was just to cold to weld out side
fierov8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2005 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierov8Click Here to visit fierov8's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierov8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BubbaJoe,

Quick question for you...........I see on page 29 that you say you are using a C5 bearing assembly at the rear.........by chance, do you know if the C5 and C4 rear bearing assys are dimensionally the same or different?

Would like to know because the C5 bearings seem to be a little more $pendy than the C4s

Thanks -- and I'll also add my voice to the many already spoken -- this is a fan-damn-tastic buildup thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lots of good engineering going on inside here. And that is great to see

-jeff d
Fort Worth, TX
198? Fiero GT/V8
1973 TVR 2500M

toddshotrods

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2005 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for toddshotrodsClick Here to visit toddshotrods's HomePageSend a Private Message to toddshotrodsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You missed it. Go back to page 29 and you'll see where he replaced the C5 rear bearing with an S10 bearing. Apparently, the C4 rear, 82-85 Eldorado front, and 4wd S10 front, bearings are all dimensionally identical. Not sure if the axle spline and diameters would be the same though.

You'll have some minor clearancing to do, but you can definitely use the more reasonably prices bearings.

------------------
todd's hot rods

stalen88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2005 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stalen88GTSend a Private Message to stalen88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have to say I have not been here since page 15, 16, or 17 but DAMN it is looking good. Do you have an aproximate time of completion? I missed that if you posted it earlier.
Galen
fierov8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2005 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierov8Click Here to visit fierov8's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierov8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the response Todd.................just wanted to make sure that the bearing OD was the same between the C4 and the C5........ 3.60". At this point in my next project, I'm concerned with setting up the proper bearing and knuckle. In fact, the C4 bearing makes things easier for me

BTW -- has anyone seen these:

http://www.dutchmanms.com/1_irsindy.html

Mmmmmmmm -- billet aluminum hub carriers!!!!

-jeff d

toddshotrods

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2005 02:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for toddshotrodsClick Here to visit toddshotrods's HomePageSend a Private Message to toddshotrodsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierov8:
Thanks for the response Todd...

No problem, here some more from the other thread:

Originally posted by gusshotrod:
Just some info: C4 rear hubs are about .010 larger diameter than C5 front hubs where they center in the spindle. Both have a triple bolt pattern with the C4 about .3 larger circle. C4 rear hub has .75 more off set than the C5 front. You could mount the C4 hub into the C5 spindle by enlarging the ID of the spindle about .010 in. and slotting the mounting holes in the hubs. Neither item whould require a machine shop. You would end up with about .75 kingpin offset (good) and would be cheap. King pin angle looks like 8 degrees. Brand new aluminum spindle and hub with very good geometry for about $300

Bubbajoe has some info on this in this thread too, but I'm too lazy to sift through it and find it right now. There's just so many pages...

------------------
todd's hot rods

[This message has been edited by toddshotrods (edited 02-19-2005).]

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2005 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by toddshotrods:

Bubbajoe has some info on this in this thread too, but I'm too lazy to sift through it and find it right now. There's just so many pages...

there is no need to enlarge the spindle center hole the C4 or S10 bearing fits right in no machining requiered but you must move the boltholes out 30 thou so you can bolt them in I have allready done this with my spindles and it works great as for the axles the s10 are way smaller than the C5 axles but the s10 CV's can be fitted to the fiero axles by swaping the drive cone with one from the early caddy FWD 86 as they fit right into the s10 axle CV and except the fiero axle spline

gusshotrod

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2005 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gusshotrodSend a Private Message to gusshotrodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are we sure the s10 and the C4 are the same bearing? The C4 bearing that I had would not fit and measured .010 larger than the C5. Also the bolt holes were more than .030 off. Anyone know the pt no forthe S10?
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2005 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here are a couple of pics of the S10 and the C5 bearing

this is the S10

this is the S10 beside the C5

PFF
System Bot
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2005 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well got the left side done today now I have to et the frame renforcments done here is the latest pics

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2005 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003

Are we sure the s10 and the C4 are the same bearing? The C4 bearing that I had would not fit and measured .010 larger than the C5. Also the bolt holes were more than .030 off. Anyone know the pt no forthe S10?

this is the part # from GM parts direct for non abs 07470013 S10 with abs 07470507
and vette 07470501

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 02-19-2005).]

toddshotrods

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2005 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for toddshotrodsClick Here to visit toddshotrods's HomePageSend a Private Message to toddshotrodsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In the other thread it was the 82 Eldo front bearing and C4 that were determined to be identical. Same part number/same price, at Autozone or Eckler's. Timken part # is 513013

Sounds like the S10 bearing is different than the C4/Eldo bearing.

------------------
todd's hot rods

[This message has been edited by toddshotrods (edited 02-19-2005).]

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2005 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

In the other thread it was the 82 Eldo front bearing and C4 that were determined to be identical. Same part number/same price, at Autozone or Eckler's. Timken part # is 513013

will check it out at gm parts direct

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2005 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003

Home > Shopping > Suspension & Steering

Search Results: WHEEL BEARING/HUB ASSEMBLY-FRONT

Click "Buy Online" beside the item you'd like to purchase from AutoZone.com.

Click "Add to Store List" beside the item you'd like to add to a shopping list that can be sent to and paid for at your preferred AutoZone store.

WHEEL BEARING/HUB ASSEMBLY-FRONT for a
1984 CHEVROLET TRUCK S10 4WD
Normal Stock
Special Order
Not Available

Item Part
No.
Warranty Core
Value Unit
Price Availability
Store Web
TIMKEN 513013 1 YR $78.99

Home > Shopping > Suspension & Steering

Search Results: WHEEL BEARING/HUB ASSEMBLY - REAR

Click "Buy Online" beside the item you'd like to purchase from AutoZone.com.

Click "Add to Store List" beside the item you'd like to add to a shopping list that can be sent to and paid for at your preferred AutoZone store.

WHEEL BEARING/HUB ASSEMBLY - REAR for a
1984 CHEVROLET CORVETTE
Normal Stock
Special Order
Not Available

Item Part
No.
Warranty Core
Value Unit
Price Availability
Store Web
TIMKEN 513020 1 YR $149.99

no the eldo bearing is not the same as the C4 the Eldo part numder is differant 07470005
the auto zone number you have posted comes up S10

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 02-19-2005).]

gusshotrod

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2005 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gusshotrodSend a Private Message to gusshotrodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well i'm confused. I've got an invoice and boxes for C4 corvette bearings from Eklers with the 513 pt no. which Todd says is the same as the Eldo and measures the same, neither of which fit the C5 spindle, and Bubba has an S10 hub which has the same diameter as the C5 hub and also has the 513 pt no. Whatever, it appears the S10 is cheaper and a better fit in th C5 spindle.
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2005 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well i'm confused. I've got an invoice and boxes for C4 corvette bearings from Eklers with the 513 pt no. which Todd says is the same as the Eldo and measures the same, neither of which fit the C5 spindle, and Bubba has an S10 hub which has the same diameter as the C5 hub and also has the 513 pt no. Whatever, it appears the S10 is cheaper and a better fit in th C5 spindle.

the part number for the vette is 513020 the S10 513013
but the S10 The Eldo and the C4 all have differant numbers according to Gm parts direct in the mitchels catalog

fierov8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2005 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierov8Click Here to visit fierov8's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierov8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great Information so far from all of you on this bearing discussion ............."+"'s for y'all...........

For those that have bought any of the following:

S10 front bearing
C4 rear bearing
C5 rear bearing -- think this is 3.60" -- can anyone confirm? Just making sure I have the right part Id'd in my head
Pont. 6000 front bearing

...........can you post measurements of the bearing O.D.? It'd be a huge help to me and my custom spindle project, and it might help clear up some of the discrepancies and myths out there

thanks in advance,

-jeff d

toddshotrods

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2005 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for toddshotrodsClick Here to visit toddshotrods's HomePageSend a Private Message to toddshotrodsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know why you got the information you did off the Autozine site Bubbajoe. Here's what I got a few minutes ago:

Plus, the day I posted the specs in the other thread I had just went to "the Zone" and looked at the bearing. I forgot my caliper but eyeballed it with a pocket tape measure, and also saw the box and part number.

Edit - I just searched the Autozone site again for the Vette bearing and it does come up 513020 ($150), but as mentioned, gusshotrod purchased 513013 from Eckler's (a Corvette parts specialist) as a C4 rear bearing for $110. Autozone just doesn't realize yet that the 513013 can obviously be sold for the Vette.

As for GM Parts Direct - I'm not surprised that they would have different information/part numbers from the Timken aftermarket replacement piece.

------------------
todd's hot rods

[This message has been edited by toddshotrods (edited 02-20-2005).]

fierov8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2005 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierov8Click Here to visit fierov8's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierov8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Todd - what other thread are you referring to?

PFF
System Bot
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2005 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't know why you got the information you did off the Autozine site Bubbajoe. Here's what I got a few minutes ago:

Plus, the day I posted the specs in the other thread I had just went to "the Zone" and looked at the bearing. I forgot my caliper but eyeballed it with a pocket tape measure, and also saw the box and part number.

Edit - I just searched the Autozone site again for the Vette bearing and it does come up 513020 ($150), but as mentioned, gusshotrod purchased 513013 from Eckler's (a Corvette parts specialist) as a C4 rear bearing for $110. Autozone just doesn't realize yet that the 513013 can obviously be sold for the Vette.

As for GM Parts Direct - I'm not surprised that they would have different information/part numbers from the Timken aftermarket replacement piece.

I have access tp timkin and will check the number but the 513013 is the S10 bearing and is not the same as the vette 513020

toddshotrods

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2005 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for toddshotrodsClick Here to visit toddshotrods's HomePageSend a Private Message to toddshotrodsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This one - //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/048235-5.html Rather than typing the actual thread name I just referred to it as this one to save space, and wear and tear on my digits.

It must be Autozone's site because I just got this for Bubbajoe's bearing:

According to this they are indeed all the same. How you search their site must have some bearing - play on words intended - on the outcome.

We're really highjacking Bubbajoe's thread! Sorry man...

[This message has been edited by toddshotrods (edited 02-20-2005).]

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2005 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am pullintg up the diamensions from timken right now and will post them
3.8 SC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2005 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.8 SCSend a Private Message to 3.8 SCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Bubbajoe,

I was reading this massive post, that you have here. On page 29 you were talking about a rear valance, under the rear bumper. Try using an 82 Trans Am wing. That is what I used when I made mine.

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2005 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here we go

Part No: 513013 S10 and Caddy

Description Value
ABS Yes/No N
Axle Front
Bearing Type Ball
Bolt Circle Diameter B 4.75
Bolt Circle Diameter B 120.65
Bolt Circle Diameter H 4.75
Bolt Circle Diameter H 120.65
Bolt Quantity Size C M12x1.5
Bolt Quantity Size C (5)
Bolt Quantity Size I M12x1.75
Bolt Quantity Size I (3)
Brake Pilot Dia E 2.77952755905512
Brake Pilot Dia E 70.6
Driven - Non Driven D
Flange (#) 2
Flange Diameter A 5.68897637795276
Flange Diameter A 144.5
Flange Offset F 1.86141732283465
Flange Offset F 47.28
Flange Shape J Modified
Flange Shape J Triangle
Gen Type 3
Hub Pilot Dia G 3.20866141732283
Hub Pilot Dia G 81.5
Lug Bolts (Y/N) Y
Roll Form N
Spline Quantity 27
Tone Ring / # Teeth -
Tone Ring / Sensor -
Tone Ring Dia. -
Wheel Pilot Dia D 2.75984251968504
Wheel Pilot Dia D 70.1

Part No: 513020 vette 48 to 96

Description Value
ABS Yes/No N
Axle Rear
Bearing Type Ball
Bolt Circle Diameter H 4.75
Bolt Circle Diameter H 120.65
Bolt Quantity Size C (5)
Bolt Quantity Size I (3)
Brake Pilot Dia E 70.6
Driven - Non Driven D
Flange (#) 2
Flange Diameter A 5.68897637795276
Flange Diameter A 144.5
Flange Offset F 1.86141732283465
Flange Offset F 47.28
Flange Shape J Modified
Flange Shape J Triangle
Gen Type 3
Hub Pilot Dia G 3.20866141732283
Hub Pilot Dia G 81.5
Lug Bolts (Y/N) Y
Roll Form N
Spline Quantity 27
Tone Ring / # Teeth -
Tone Ring / Sensor -
Tone Ring Dia. -
Wheel Pilot Dia D 70.1

512153 vette 97 2005

Part No: 512153

Description Value
ABS Yes/No Y
Axle Rear
Bearing Type Ball
Bolt Circle Diameter H 4.56692913385827
Bolt Circle Diameter H 116
Bolt Quantity Size C (5)
Bolt Quantity Size I (3)
Brake Pilot Dia E 70.6
Driven - Non Driven D
Flange (#) 2
Flange Diameter A 5.72834645669291
Flange Diameter A 145.5
Flange Offset F 1.65590551181102
Flange Offset F 42.06
Flange Shape J Modified
Flange Shape J Triangle
Gen Type 3
Hub Pilot Dia G 3.5992125984252
Hub Pilot Dia G 91.42
Lug Bolts (Y/N) Y
Roll Form N
Spline Quantity 30
Tone Ring / # Teeth -
Tone Ring / Sensor S
Tone Ring Dia. -
Wheel Pilot Dia D 70.1

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2005 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003

Originally posted by 3.8 SC:

Hey Bubbajoe,

I was reading this massive post, that you have here. On page 29 you were talking about a rear valance, under the rear bumper. Try using an 82 Trans Am wing. That is what I used when I made mine.

nice job I am using the gt wing for mine but yours does look great keep up the good work

gusshotrod

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2005 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gusshotrodSend a Private Message to gusshotrodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The flange diameter we are concerned with isn't on your list Bubba. Dia for G is listed for the inner step on the s10/eldo/c4. We need the dia for the outer step, which is the one that locates into the C5 spindle.
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2005 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The flange diameter we are concerned with isn't on your list Bubba. Dia for G is listed for the inner step on the s10/eldo/c4. We need the dia for the outer step, which is the one that locates into the C5 spindle.

Give me ten min. I will pullout one of my s10 bearings and measure it but mine is oem and post the pics side by side

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2005 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
OK gusshotrod
the bearing is in front of me and i am going to measure each post pics and sizes

this pic is of all parts upright vette bearing and S10 bearing
as you can see the upright is un machined only the holes elongated

vette bearing

S10 bearng
the S10 bearing only has antisieze on it to prevent it siezing in the bearing bore

not real clear but it measures 3.605

vette measures 3.600

housing measures 3.610

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock