Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  newest project (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
newest project by bubbajoexxx
Started on: 09-12-2003 06:18 PM
Replies: 3111 (374039 views)
Last post by: Trinten on 04-23-2023 11:02 PM
DustoneGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2003 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DustoneGTSend a Private Message to DustoneGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is starting to look a lot like a vega or monza wagon, just with a much cooler front nose on it.

that looks like a lot of effort going into the car. How does the 12 inch stretch affect handling and drivability?
Is this going to be a drag car?

IP: Logged
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2003 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

here are some pics of the front gear drive dist for the northstar will be installing it this week end

TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2003 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
make it go VROOOMMMMM!!!

------------------
'86 Fiero GT

www.KylesFiero.tk

mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2003 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bubbajoexxx:

here are some pics of the front gear drive dist for the northstar will be installing it this week end

Bubbajoe,

Did you make that sprocket or is it a modified cam sprocket?

Great work,
Roy

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2003 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that is a modified sprocket no need to make a new one

------------------

mckay_lee

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2003 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mckay_leeSend a Private Message to mckay_leeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
HitesFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2003 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HitesFieroSend a Private Message to HitesFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump this sucker, any updates?

------------------
Don Hites
88 GT, Getrag 5spd, 4.9 v8 with a Delta cam and other heavy mods.
88 Coupe 5spd Duke
(now under restoration)

Sootah

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2003 04:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SootahClick Here to visit Sootah's HomePageSend a Private Message to SootahEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2003 06:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
HitesFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2003 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HitesFieroSend a Private Message to HitesFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump, and any updates?

------------------
Don Hites
88 Coupe 5spd Duke
(now under restoration)

Ottawa_86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2003 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ottawa_86gtClick Here to visit Ottawa_86gt's HomePageSend a Private Message to Ottawa_86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gordo:

Fiero Minivan

AHHH! Gawd no! it's the Fiero/Civic! Nooooooooooooo!

PFF
System Bot
Sootah

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2003 07:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SootahClick Here to visit Sootah's HomePageSend a Private Message to SootahEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
C'mon nah, time for an update.
HitesFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2004 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HitesFieroSend a Private Message to HitesFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any news?
fieroturbo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2004 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroturboSend a Private Message to fieroturboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't bother reading pages 2-5, cause I'm lazy, tired, and exhausted. So if someone mentioned this, I'm sorry.

If you're going to stretch the frame by 12", why not do a longitudal engine conversion? You know, instead of the engine going sideways, have it go front to back. You could get a Porsche transaxle (AND MOTOR!!!), and work from there. Held motor sports has a cradle to mount those, maybe you could get that and modify it.

Just a thought.

------------------
Nitrously yours,
Airman Michael C Casaceli
United States Navy

Will work for Race legal HKS boost controller and custom ECM.

[This message has been edited by fieroturbo (edited 01-05-2004).]

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2004 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
complete pics of the new ignition system tomorrow night ib bad shape right now
bad back so have to slow down for a while Joe
HitesFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2004 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HitesFieroSend a Private Message to HitesFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you're going to stretch the frame by 12", why not do a longitudal engine conversion?

He is, he's using a Porshe transaxle.

------------------
Don Hites
88 Coupe 5spd Duke
(now under restoration)

HitesFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2004 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HitesFieroSend a Private Message to HitesFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

HitesFiero

401 posts
Member since Sep 2003

Understood, no project is worth doing if you have to kill yourself in the process! I assume your working in a heated garage?
HitesFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2004 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HitesFieroSend a Private Message to HitesFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hows your back?

------------------
Don Hites
88 Coupe 5spd Duke
(now under restoration)

Howard_Sacks

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
User Banned

Report this Post01-14-2004 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Howard_SacksClick Here to visit Howard_Sacks's HomePageSend a Private Message to Howard_SacksEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You ever try Tai Chi Joe?

Seriously.

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2004 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
been in ruff shape since Xmas have done little work on the body but have finished the ignition plat and now working on the trans adapter but slow no heated garage for me have to bear the cold and snow will try to get some pics as soon as I can stand long enough Joe
Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 271
User Banned

Report this Post01-18-2004 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Get better soon Joe wish you the best.

------------------
Tuners of the Quickest 4.9
12.51@118 mph

4.5/4.9 (RSR)Hi Perf. Caddi-V8 Fully Blueprint&Balanced Rotating Assembly
Custom Intake Manifold
Custom Machined Heads
Victor Reinz Head Gaskets
50-150HP Nos Power Shot.
Holley 510-0-4412C Carb.

PFF
System Bot
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2004 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Master Tuner Akimoto Thank you I hope so I want to get back to the build free of aganizing pain
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2004 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow. Haven't checked this for a while.
Take care, Joe. People who have never had back pain just don't understand how bad it can hurt.

Hopefully, you'll get better soon.
Cool project! Nice work!

------------------
Raydar
88 3.4 coupe.

Coming soon...
88 Formula, presently under the knife.

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2004 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
as you can see here have started to make up the trans adaptor
out of 3/4 6061-T6 aluminum

in this pic you can see where the stock fiero slave has been mounted to actuate the porsche clutch arm finish trimming of the adaptor will be completed when all the nessesary components are mounted
space is a premmium with the water pump so some minor trimming was requiered
Bob and I spent the last 2 days getting this far work is slow but I will be getting there soon

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 01-24-2004).]

STRATOHACKER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2004 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for STRATOHACKERSend a Private Message to STRATOHACKEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome !!!! What a unique car you are building and it should go like stink
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2004 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you trying to drag the project out like me..??? hahaha

Looking GREAT Joe!

------------------

AKA. "SmoothGT"....

Custom Built SHAVED~WIDEBODY~GT!!

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2004 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NotAFieroAnyLonger:

Are you trying to drag the project out like me..??? hahaha

Looking GREAT Joe!

uh huh..........and what's your excuse smooth ?

Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2004 04:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OMFG. That looks to be one of the most interesting Motor Transmission setups for a Fiero yet. Will be very interesting to see it go.
jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2004 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Joe,

Maybe this isn't your point, but I don't see that you're going to be saving a lot of money with the new ignition front mounted. The distributor is going to be about +/- $300, you need to fab the gear to the intermediate sprocket, billet timing cover, (the one pictured is $160 from CHRFab), mod that for the distributor, then you have to address the fuel delivery.

If you want to go carb, the only carb intake I know of is from CHRFab and that's $525, then you have to by a carb for another $200. I don't know what the machining cost of the components would be (for someone to have it hired done) but I know that $250 doesn't go very far for precision work like this. That makes the total cost around $1435.

You can buy the Holley Commander system, Plug and Play, from CHRFab for $1,495.

I certainly understand if you're doing this just because it's fun and you want to, more power to you, but I saw a couple of posts talking about this being an economical alternative and I don't see it being one (not to mention I can't imagine the distributor front mounted fitting in a transverse installation anyway, but it could be made to run off the WP drive possible).

John Stricker

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2004 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
jstricker

as you can see here is the front drive dist cost for every thing $400 can.

as for the fuel system i made my own manifold

and set it up with DELLORTOS

thats one carb per cylinder as dellortos are 2carbs with a common float bowl
as each carb has its own settings for each barrel cost $400.can

CHFAB these parts would cost me (manifold 650 US thats 990 can. ignition HPV! 600 thats 940.can.
by the time I get them so I have saved plenty
and to use Design ! Nstar setup thats 3000+ no thanks

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 11-13-2006).]

Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2004 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Even if there were cheaper routes, I still think that four carb setup would be worth it. It looks SWEET! I'm not much of a fan of carburetion, but no self-respecting gearhead can't show appreciation for that much complexity.

Bryce
88 GT

PFF
System Bot
jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2004 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Joe,

I hope you didn't take my comments wrong. I certainly understand why you did it the way you are. First off, you have the capability and the tools to do the machine work, and there's a busload of it in the quality work you've done. Second, you're not daunted by having to fabricate things. Believe me, I know where you're coming from. I was told that I couldn't use the late model Northstar Throttle Body on the early, magnesium intake manifold, but I have it done and ready to go.

My point was that for OTHER, more human (as opposed to superhuman ) hobbiests, it wouldn't figure out to be very cost effective, I don't think.

Whatever *I* think about it's cost effectiveness, you're doing some beautiful work and it's going to be a unique transplant (not to mention the rest of the car). I'm enjoying the thread immensely.

John Stricker

jstricker

as you can see here is the front drive dist cost for every thing $400 can.

as for the fuel system i made my own manifold

and set it up with DELLORTOS

thats one carb per cylinder as dellortos are 2carbs with a common float bowl
as each carb has its own settings for each barrel cost $400.can

CHFAB these parts would cost me (manifold 650 US thats 990 can. ignition HPV! 600 thats 940.can.
by the time I get them so I have saved plenty
and to use Design ! Nstar setup thats 3000+ no thanks

[This message has been edited by jstricker (edited 01-26-2004).]

virii01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2004 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for virii01Send a Private Message to virii01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
...looks around the room....
....wait for it..
....wait for it...

BUMP

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2004 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NEWEST PICS SO FAR

ENGINE AND TRANS CONNECTED

meximan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2004 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for meximanSend a Private Message to meximanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would try it without the quarter window.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2004 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow that is cool
That tranny looks small, and the bell housing makes it look like the flywheel is micro sized.
I like it so far.

------------------

Rickady88GT QuadCam 3.5 V6

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2004 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just finished the shifter fore the porsche trans axle will post pics tomorrow night .
Have more to do tomorrow will have all the pivcs taken then so you will have a recient update
fierodustin_86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2004 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierodustin_86Send a Private Message to fierodustin_86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a little curious and I dont know if anyone else has asked or if I'm just ignorant, but does engine turn the right way for the trans? Will it all work? I actually have NO idea and would just like to know for furture reference.
dd

------------------
86 Fiero SE
email: fierodustin@yahoo.com
PROJECT: 86 GT soon with a 3800SC

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2004 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the trans I am using is mid engine and has the diff allready flipped , rear engine porsche 911 need to have the diff flipped over
fierodustin_86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2004 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierodustin_86Send a Private Message to fierodustin_86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks joe
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock