Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  newest project (Page 14)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
newest project by bubbajoexxx
Started on: 09-12-2003 06:18 PM
Replies: 3111 (374039 views)
Last post by: Trinten on 04-23-2023 11:02 PM
p8ntman442

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2004 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for p8ntman442Click Here to visit p8ntman442's HomePageSend a Private Message to p8ntman442Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At kick hill there are parts from a kit that went on an 84, it was an extended fastback style. The back was there a month ago, you may want to give them a call, it was a big yellow thing, maybee bob can send you some pics of it for ideas, or maybee he would sell it to you. I think an extended fastback style would look alot better than a notchback style, and alot better than the hatchback thing. The project is awesome, now it just needs to look as awesome from the side.

------------------

1986 fiero 2.8 auto 4.9 + 4t60e in garage 1991 w41 calais---- A work in progress-----
http://www.cardomain.com/id/w41442
www.geocities.com/p8ntman442
Talkin' bout cars and dreamin bout women, never had a plan just a livin for the minute.

IP: Logged
rmphoto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2004 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rmphotoSend a Private Message to rmphotoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
glad you got rid of the wagon thing.
it still looks very strange tho. it looks like the car is backwards, or can be driven either way... i think a fastback would be the only way to go in this case...
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2004 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bubbajoexxx:

From the side it looks sort of like an El Camino. I like it. Call it an El Fiero and be done with it!

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2004 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First of all: I think you should show off your engine! I think it already looks much more smooth with the notchie look...but it needs some glass or plexiglass rear to show the engine...Since you're thinking outside the box anyway; what about a reversed toppiece and trimmed windshield and windows?

You could open the rear sunroof for ram-air to the carbs!
And maybe for some inspiration; A PS of a transparant hatch and custom back on an unstretched GT:
I squeezed your engine in the PS so it looks topic related
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2004 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doug Chase
go back a few pages there are hatch picks there
[URL=//images.fiero.nl/pffimages/stretch_page_5_001.jpg]

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 09-13-2004).]

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2004 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
the lower pic gives me some ideas

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 09-13-2004).]

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2004 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

First of all: I think you should show off your engine! I think it already looks much more smooth with the notchie look...but it needs some glass or plexiglass rear to show the engine...Since you're thinking outside the box anyway; what about a reversed toppiece and trimmed windshield and windows?

You could open the rear sunroof for ram-air to the carbs!
And maybe for some inspiration; A PS of a transparant hatch and custom back on an unstretched GT:
I squeezed your engine in the PS so it looks topic related

the lower pic gives me some ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Bobert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2004 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobertSend a Private Message to BobertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You guys have started something going, I can hear the gears turning and smell the smoke burning ! ! !

There will be a lot of fiberglassing going on at BubbaJoe's soon !

shop_rat45

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2004 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shop_rat45Send a Private Message to shop_rat45Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really like that bottom pic also. Good job Fie ro. Get to work Bubba!!! Lets see it done.

Kris

Doug Chase

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2004 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug ChaseSend a Private Message to Doug ChaseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Doug Chase
go back a few pages there are hatch picks there
[URL=//images.fiero.nl/pffimages/stretch_page_5_001.jpg]

I'm sticking with my wagon vote, especially since you have windows in the side so the engine is visible.

Doug

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2004 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
can i vote for shifting the bumper forward?

the visual effect would be that the only change was the rear wheels moving back rather than the whole car stretching..

PFF
System Bot
mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2004 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To be honest... With only the decklid, the side-view looks like a mini truck. What was that thing called?!?! the Plymouth Arrow? Personally, I would put the wagon top back on it and blank out the side windows (They look too small anyway) and go with a delivery truck look. You could always add a plexiglass roof lid to the top it to show off the motor. As low as these cars are, it would be easy to look down into the engine compartment. With solid flat sides, you could add custom art-work to advertize your buisness and then write the whole thing off as a business expense (if Canadian laws allow ).

Roy

Will

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2004 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Build this with a wide body and it will look Ohhh sooo badass!

------------------
Turn the key and feel the engine shake the whole car with its lope; Plant the gas pedal and feel in your chest neither a shriek nor a wail but a bellowing roar; Lift and be pushed into the harness by compression braking that only comes from the biggest cylinders while listening to music of pops and gurgles. Know that you are driving and American V8. There are finer engines made, but none of them are this cool.

Luck, Fate and Destiny are words used by those who lack the courage to define their own future

[This message has been edited by Will (edited 09-15-2004).]

Kento

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2004 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfixit58:

To be honest... With only the decklid, the side-view looks like a mini truck. What was that thing called?!?! the Plymouth Arrow? Roy

I too Saw the old DODGE Rampage! the little mini pickup made from a Dodge Omni

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2004 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you really need a trunk?
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2004 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cant shorten the rear behind the wheels as the mufflers are there and the trans axle as well
will post a pic
KingOfKings

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2004 02:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KingOfKingsClick Here to visit KingOfKings's HomePageSend a Private Message to KingOfKingsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

I can picture the chicks already..."OMG YOU'VE GOT AN ENGINE IN YOU'RE BACKSEAT!!! "

------------------
*~ Out In The West Coast Showin' Off My Bad Habits ~*

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2004 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think a stretched IMSA spoiler with a glass hatch to show off the engine would look pretty cool. I'll do another angle later, but I'm in class right now so I have to go. Hope you like it... btw I did a few other things like a lowering it a little, and making the rims bigger... nothing huge.

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2004 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

I think a stretched IMSA spoiler with a glass hatch to show off the engine would look pretty cool. I'll do another angle later, but I'm in class right now so I have to go. Hope you like it... btw I did a few other things like a lowering it a little, and making the rims bigger... nothing huge.

not bad.. needs paint tho

The Aura

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2004 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The AuraSend a Private Message to The AuraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That IMSA spoiler really akes a difference, enhances the look ten fold!
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2004 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This would look cool on your stretched fiero:

I think this is a conversion from Normsfiberglass. (you might get the hatch only and mod it in, but I guess you will fabricate something yourself )

I have been researching the F40 style rearhatch for some time now, but I dont know how to make these shapes in plexiglass only...plus I am looking for a cleaner style for the "stock" fastback and trying to make it relatively easy to build.

The idea is a twin-hatch: stock decklid with the middle piece cutout and an added fiberglass piece (between the sailpanels). The seperate top piece has a fiberglass frame with a piece of "bendable" plexiglass plate that can be screwed or popped in place. It is hinged to the rear roof. Ideally it would be nice to have some linkage between the upper/lower hatch so you could open the decklid the normal way and the top hatch would move up a bit more so they dont hit. A one-piece design would be much more difficult to build because it needs to be hinged at the roofsection which is to weak to bear all that weight without reinforcing.
Ow btw, I will also try to incorporate a row of small vents on both sides (like the newer ferrari's) so the rest can stay smooth and clean, if you know what I mean

Are your gears still turning?

PFF
System Bot
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2004 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FieRo, I did a bunch of sketches for the fastback to have a hatch (before i ended up witha notchy) and the best areas for high suction seems to be just behind the top of the roof, along the side and at the trailing edge of the glass (allowing a flat panel to be used)

this would mean a fiberglass or metal section at the top with a few louvers the full width (about 4 inches worth), a narrow single band of "vertical" openings about 1" wide along the sides (to avoid blocking vision), and a single row along the bottom edge.. this equated to more open space in areas with better pressure differential and would also help prevent the slope of the window from generating lift.. I can scan the drawing if you are interested.

[This message has been edited by Kohburn (edited 09-15-2004).]

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2004 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kohburn, I had to read it twice but I guess I got it now! I like to see the drawing too. I also have several drawings scanned....maybe it is a better idea to start a seperate thread about "clear hatches" to keep this one clean... I'll try to collect some pics tomorrow..
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2004 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks guy's keep the ideas comming you are really sparkin my interest in the idea of a clear hatch .
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2004 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003

definetly has my attention nice work

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2004 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It would probably work with the trans axle but the mufflers would stick out
Its not removing all of the trunk more like half of it.
Cant wait to see what you do with it!

cant shorten the rear behind the wheels as the mufflers are there and the trans axle as well
will post a pic

L44_87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
User Banned

Report this Post09-15-2004 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L44_87GTSend a Private Message to L44_87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
use a clear hatch /glass from a 3rd gen f-body
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2004 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There actually was an "El Fiero" at the Columbus FOCOA Nationals in 1999. It was labeled "El Fiero 2m4 + 4". I believe it had a 350 and was yellow!

Jen

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2004 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by L44_87GT:

use a clear hatch /glass from a 3rd gen f-body

Even an old rx-7 has hatch glass that might do the trick I think.

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2004 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

YES!! Go with this

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2004 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierochic88:

There actually was an "El Fiero" at the Columbus FOCOA Nationals in 1999. It was labeled "El Fiero 2m4 + 4". I believe it had a 350 and was yellow!

Okay, so where's the pictures? We want pictures, Jen!

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2004 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

36239 posts
Member since Apr 99

I've got to admit, that looks pretty sharp. However, is there a reason why we must continue to see the mismatched colors? Can't anyone make this Fiero all black? What's wrong with you artistic guys anyway?

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2004 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Another thing I whipped up quick... its kinda sloppy but you get the idea.

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2004 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

doublec4

8289 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by Patrick:

I've got to admit, that looks pretty sharp. However, is there a reason why we must continue to see the mismatched colors? Can't anyone make this Fiero all black? What's wrong with you artistic guys anyway?

I could do it all one colour, it just takes a lot of time to try and match the panels... black isn't good though because it hides the body lines. Maybe I'll make it all red soon.

BtotheB

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2004 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BtotheBClick Here to visit BtotheB's HomePageSend a Private Message to BtotheBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All I have to say is wow doublec4. That looks so good, I don't see how bubbajoe will want to do anything else with it.

Brad

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2004 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I could do it all one colour, it just takes a lot of time to try and match the panels... black isn't good though because it hides the body lines. Maybe I'll make it all red soon.

Red, green, purple... it doesn't matter. Just make it one color!

By the way, nice to see all the talented Canadians involved with this project.

sqoach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2004 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's a quick photoshop I did.

gaas88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2004 05:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gaas88Click Here to visit gaas88's HomePageSend a Private Message to gaas88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey doubleC4, I think you missed your calling! You have a great feel for design...Bubbajoe you gotta do this man!
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2004 06:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll see what I can do...I know there are pics at my parents but I'm not sure when I'm going there next!

Jen

tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2004 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is this the one?

------------------
1986 SE 350 V8

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock