Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  newest project (Page 31)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
newest project by bubbajoexxx
Started on: 09-12-2003 06:18 PM
Replies: 3111 (374040 views)
Last post by: Trinten on 04-23-2023 11:02 PM
bubbajoexxx

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2005 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
3 in a row

here is the bearing (ie) S10 in the upright and it fits without question

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 02-20-2005).]

IP: Logged
gusshotrod

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2005 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gusshotrodSend a Private Message to gusshotrodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for looking into this. The only thing I can figure is that my bearings are import. Looks like C4, Eldo, and S10 are interchangable and all fit into the C5 spindle if the mounting holes are moved slightly outward and allow the use of S10 axles. Now get back to work.
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2005 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gusshotrod:

Thanks for looking into this. The only thing I can figure is that my bearings are import. Looks like C4, Eldo, and S10 are interchangable and all fit into the C5 spindle if the mounting holes are moved slightly outward and allow the use of S10 axles. Now get back to work.

cant do that watching the daytona 500

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 02-20-2005).]

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2005 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well spent half a day yesterday removing 8 inches of snow from my driveway and parking lot just to have it snow again today hate this eskimo pavement its hard to work in I hope it stops soon as I want to remove all the rear panels so I can redo all the rear sub structure for the new suspesion
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2005 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Bubbajoexxxx, does your buddy have another Audi TT aluminum gas cap handing around?
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2005 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Hey Bubbajoexxxx, does your buddy have another Audi TT aluminum gas cap handing around?

unfortunetly only had one in the shop for repair

Bobert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2005 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobertSend a Private Message to BobertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Bubba, thaw yourself out and get back to work !!!
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2005 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well Im hoping to get outside today and remove all the rear panels so the chassie can be renfoced to handle the new rear suspesion with a new desine as the old supports can be easily be removed but the eskimo weather is not letting up
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2005 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bubbajoexxx:

Bubbajoe... I like your computer chair... Finding computer chairs with intact seatbelt retainers is getting harder to find now day
oh yeah... and that car your building... I like it too

-edit for spelling

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 02-24-2005).]

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2005 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

Bubbajoe... I like your computer chair... Finding computer chairs with intact seatbelt retainers is getting harder to find now day
oh yeah... and that car your building... I like it too

-edit for spelling

when crussin Pennocks and workin on the computer you need to feel at home and this is the only way

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2005 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
well i removed the body pannels today and as I had posted earlier the pannels all come of the same as a un modified fiero

with pannels of I started to do the frame supports

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 02-24-2005).]

PFF
System Bot
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2005 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
because the old stucture was tired into the stut towers and the new setup does not use them the upper rails need to be redesined .I have the new desine already worked out and have started to remove and replace the new upper rails

this is a pics of the old rails

and this is the start of the new ones

the suspesion will be tired into the new upper rails

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2005 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just wanted to thank you again for the help...

On my next Fiero that I do, I will do a few things different like leaving the trim... I used to hate the sidetrim, so adios' sidetrim...
Now... I kinda like it...

Steve

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2005 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NotAFieroAnyLonger:

I just wanted to thank you again for the help...

On my next Fiero that I do, I will do a few things different like leaving the trim... I used to hate the sidetrim, so adios' sidetrim...
Now... I kinda like it...

Steve

it does make pannel removal alot simpler when mods need to be done

gusshotrod

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2005 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gusshotrodSend a Private Message to gusshotrodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Bubba: That's where tacking saves time till it's right. ITS A JOKE!
The car's way cool but the part I can't believe is that you did the whole thing OUTSIDE... in the WINTER... in CANADA...
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2005 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now that I see your radiators again I'm wondering what kind you are using. I went back and skimmed the first 14 pages but I didn't see it mentioned. I did see that you said they are in series. Which one gets the flow first the left or the right? Thanks.

Jonathan

watts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 117
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2005 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wattsSend a Private Message to wattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I can't believe is that you did the whole thing OUTSIDE... in the WINTER... in CANADA...

AHem... I'll have you know... it was 19C here today!! In CANADA!!!

(oh, that's like... warm in F. )

riley

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2005 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rileySend a Private Message to rileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
when i see more of the car it is cause bubba is changing something else, i am begining to wonder if there will be any fiero left of it when it is done? probably just the the front half body panels.
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2005 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by watts:

AHem... I'll have you know... it was 19C here today!! In CANADA!!!

(oh, that's like... warm in F. )

I wish it was that warm here in Toronto today -7

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2005 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003

Originally posted by jscott1:

Now that I see your radiators again I'm wondering what kind you are using. I went back and skimmed the first 14 pages but I didn't see it mentioned. I did see that you said they are in series. Which one gets the flow first the left or the right? Thanks.

Jonathan

the rads are custom made and flow from the left to right

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2005 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003

Originally posted by riley:

when i see more of the car it is cause bubba is changing something else, i am begining to wonder if there will be any fiero left of it when it is done? probably just the the front half body panels.

80% fiero still left

PFF
System Bot
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2005 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The car's way cool but the part I can't believe is that you did the whole thing OUTSIDE... in the WINTER... in CANADA...

dont we know the feeling cut chop dp it again till its right and it gets cold outside

Bobert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2005 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobertSend a Private Message to BobertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I saw the steel tubing in the shed. Come on let's get going...
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2005 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
had to fix the jetta today for some strang reason it keep brakin the bolts that hold the ac comp. on and droping the belt put new bolts in 3 times now and made sure all the bol6ts and brackets are tight but it still brakes the bolt off this is the last time it happens again to the bone yard it will go .

but i did get the rad out on the drivers side and removed the old supports so i can put the new ones in tomorrow

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2005 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
spent a couple hours today cutting up a bunch of tubing so I can start to weld the the chassie cross tie together tomorrow will post pics will be getting 10 inches of snow for the next 2 days so will have to work in the shed with little room to move around full of parts right now
mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2005 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea. We're expecting a cold front to push through tomorrow, too. The temperatures are expected to drop into the upper 40s F. Brrrrr .

Keep up the good work,

------------------
Roy

double-click on this link to follow my interior build-up //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/023174.html

Blue 87 GT w/ 4th generation Firebird interior.
Suncoast Fieros

Judged "Best Custom Interior" at the 20th Anniversary Show @ Pontiac, Mich - 7/2003
Judged "Best Custom Interior" at the 8th Annual Fiero Fun Weekend @ Daytona - 3/2004

STIFFLER

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-28-2005 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for STIFFLERSend a Private Message to STIFFLEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is a little off topic but did you use a ARC welder to make the frame?
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2005 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by STIFFLER:

This is a little off topic but did you use a ARC welder to make the frame?

all done with a mig arc will burn though the chassie and tubing as the tubing is 100 wall

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2005 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

the rads are custom made and flow from the left to right

Thanks... In the back of my mind I was wondering if I could put dual radiators in the quarters of a non-stretched Fiero. I would need very small high efficiency heat exchangers though. Any idea how many BTUs/watts of heat a typical car engine rejects?

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2005 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

reminds me of the red/green show

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2005 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kohburn

7349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

all done with a mig arc will burn though the chassie and tubing as the tubing is 100 wall

isn't all electrical non-resistance weld arc welding? i asume by arc people mean stick welding..
i've stick welded thin stuff - but you have to use the right stick and getting the current setting just right is fun too

PFF
System Bot
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2005 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kohburn

7349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Jonathan

if someone does it succesfully i'm all for it.. I've wanted to turn the front into a fully functional trunk for years

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2005 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks... In the back of my mind I was wondering if I could put dual radiators in the quarters of a non-stretched Fiero. I would need very small high efficiency heat exchangers though. Any idea how many BTUs/watts of heat a typical car engine rejects?

if you use 6 core wide spaced 3/4 tube rads 15X8 and run them in series it can be done in the side pannels but you would need good ducting to move the air in and out and use 2 high cfm 7 inch fans per rad and a 1 3/4" transfer tube between the rads and daul fan temp sencors for turning the fans on one on the engine and one in the leading rad

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2005 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003

Originally posted by Kohburn:

reminds me of the red/green show

no duct tape here just a lot of welding

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2005 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
here is what I have to contend with workin out side just finished cleanin it all up and it snowin again

Carswell...Wellscar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2005 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carswell...WellscarSend a Private Message to Carswell...WellscarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey bubba .. umm i could have sworn i thought you lived in BC for some reason lol .. is that true or have you been in ontario the whole time and im just seeing things now ? lol .. if so .. where you live about in ontario .. would love to see your great creation in person ..!!
matt
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2005 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Carswell...Wellscar:

Hey bubba .. umm i could have sworn i thought you lived in BC for some reason lol .. is that true or have you been in ontario the whole time and im just seeing things now ? lol .. if so .. where you live about in ontario .. would love to see your great creation in person ..!!
matt

well you are about 40 min. away from me here in Toronto come by any time call me at
647 899 4690 and I will give you directions how to get to my place

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2005 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

if you use 6 core wide spaced 3/4 tube rads...

Thanks for the recipe...I'm no BubbaJoe but I'd like to give it a shot. My goal would be to turn the front into a fully useable trunk.

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2005 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for the recipe...I'm no BubbaJoe but I'd like to give it a shot. My goal would be to turn the front into a fully useable trunk.

with the right parts anything can be done

ricreatr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2005 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ricreatrSend a Private Message to ricreatrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
full trunk would be nice . . . but that is a big weight shift in the wrong direction.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock