Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  newest project (Page 23)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
newest project by bubbajoexxx
Started on: 09-12-2003 06:18 PM
Replies: 3111 (374040 views)
Last post by: Trinten on 04-23-2023 11:02 PM
fiero go fast

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2004 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero go fastSend a Private Message to fiero go fastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by achawkins:

Maybe I missed it, or maybe not, but where does the license plate go now?

Originally posted by bubbajoexxx:

on the right side where the GT exhaust was

Matt

IP: Logged
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2004 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ryan.hess
the rear glass is from a camaro
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2004 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
Fastback 86

2 pages back are a desine I am using for fresh air scoops on the B pillers

sqoach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2004 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like it, except for those...supertraps! My eyes keep going right to those big ugly things sticking out the back. The car looks nice and sleek, but those stick out like a sore thumb. Just an opinion. The car still looks good anyway.

------------------
86 SE 4 spd - 86 GT auto - 86 SE auto
85 GT parts cars

[This message has been edited by sqoach (edited 11-19-2004).]

Pyric

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2004 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyricSend a Private Message to PyricEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That guy has an engine in his back seat...

USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2004 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sqoach:

I like it, except for those...supertraps! My eyes keep going right to those big ugly things sticking out the back. The car looks nice and sleek, but those stick out like a sore thumb. Just an opinion. The car still looks good anyway.

I've seen folks get customised covers over the Supertrapp ends. Maybe Skulls if you're gonna follow that motif

ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2004 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ryan.hess
the rear glass is from a camaro

hehe... yeah, it was addressed on page 15ish... This thing's too long. Anybody got the cliff notes??

Dowdian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2004 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DowdianClick Here to visit Dowdian's HomePageSend a Private Message to DowdianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff's Notes version:
Bubba says on page 1 "Hey, I should take a regular old Fiero and make it a foot longer and make it look like a station wagon. Yeah, and then put a big ol' monster engine and tranny in it, only I'm gonna put it in caddy-whompus."

Nine months pass and on page 12 the stretched, station-wagonish fiero is really taking shape and looking pretty cool, although some people aren't really digging the station-wagonish part. Then, out of the blue on page 14, while sitting in class doublec4 says, "Hey, that thing should be a hatch back, not a wagon!" He puts together a pretty nice photoshop job and Bubba says "Neat, you've got my attention" On page 15, a year in to the project Bobert takes a sawzall to the wagonback and the "N* Under Glass" is born, an deveryone rejoyced.

Here and there, throughout the saga, there are discussions of welding, fiberglass, radiators, brakes and shocks, lots of opinions are bandied about, and everybody and their mother check in to see how things are going in beautiful Bubba-land.

The end...

...or is it???

------------------
Dowdian
Chopped up, broken down, bashed in 88 GT that I love dearly.

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2004 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dowdian

no matter how good it gets they are never what you would call finished there are always improvments
and with the good ideas so far it going to be great Thanks to all the people on PFF

PS: if the thread gets any longer we will have to put it on CD to see it all

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 11-20-2004).]

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2004 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
Meet another PFF member tonight when he came by to pic up the old indy exhasut system .His name here is Eclipse very pleasent fellow and another good
member here at PFF and a pleasure to talk to he got to see my work first hand . The work will continue on the stretch this week before the dreaded snow flies
so the car will be ready for spring and the paint shop
TennT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2004 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TennTSend a Private Message to TennTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Monster Driveway

You are one good craftsman, Bubba.

TG

[This message has been edited by TennT (edited 11-21-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2004 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sure would be nice to see this car in person.
Keep up the good work, this is just the kind of inspiration that we need on here.

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 11-21-2004).]

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2004 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New pictures please...
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2004 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TennT Jake_Dragon
Thanks you bet Monster Driveway I dont have a garage to work in so I use the next best thing THE Driveway I do everything there including engine changes as I did last weekend with the TD Jetta I drive
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2004 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TennT Jake_Dragon
Thanks you bet Monster Driveway I dont have a garage to work in so I use the next best thing THE Driveway I do everything there including engine changes as I did last weekend with the TD Jetta I drive

Nothing wrong with working in the driveway
I only have 2 walls

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2004 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NotAFieroAnyLonger

will as soon as the rain lets up , just started to get dry here today hope its nice tomorrow so I can get some work done

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2004 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
Jake_Dragon
at lest you have a roof I only have sky and what ever it dumps on me
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2004 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by achawkins:
Maybe I missed it, or maybe not, but where does the license plate go now?

He doesnt need one....and they could never catch him! ...Its gotten some nice lines bubba, good work. But what about the "stock" taillights...any modding plans for those?
I would love to see someone making custom taillights with leds in a designed pattern.....

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2004 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fie Ro
I plan on neon tube tail lights in the stock rear lense 3 per side
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2004 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2004 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fie Ro
I just hope I can still get the soft clear silicone to put the lights into as it is getting hard to find again

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 11-21-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2004 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the kind words Bubba! You are truly a man who loves his work. Your car is work of art! Gotta get her down here for the Spring SOFA cruise.

As for working in the driveway, that's all I have too. I just had 12 tonnes of gravel dropped in back in September and had to push the car out so they wouldn't bury it ;}

------------------
Jay Brintnell
Owner / Design Lead - WordMark.ca Communications

Bobert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2004 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobertSend a Private Message to BobertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

^^^^Bump^^^
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2004 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
did not feel like dodging rain drops today so I started to restor the indy nose emblem but not in black
I fist removed the old enamel finish with a propane torch has to be supper hot to remove it as hard enamel is next to imposible to remove . With the old finish off I got some casting clear resin and crimson red colorant and golden orange metal flake and filled in the old enamel area

once done I sanded the entire surface to remove the unwanted resin and flake then covered it with more resin with deap red dye in it and am waiting for it to harden then sand again the with a home made plater I will gold plate it the cover with clear resin to finish it off

I will post more as I progress today

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 11-23-2004).]

88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2004 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, sharp...
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2004 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just think you can do an indy emdlem any colour you like or just make it look like new
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2004 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
the second layer has hardend and have sanded it out now ready for the final step clearing to creat the shine
THE BEAST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2004 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for THE BEASTSend a Private Message to THE BEASTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
**Bump**

bubbajoexxx
You got mail!

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2004 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2004 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That Indy emblem is Sweet!
Does everything you touch turn to gold..??

------------------

Custom-Shaved HandBuilt!!
FIRST-EVER-- CHOPTOP--WIDEBODY GT!!
4.9L-V8--5-Speed starting swap soon

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2004 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
why spend 200 for one when you can fix it for 35 dollars in material I wish I could find a few more damaged ones to experiment with with differant colours and to see if I can make one look original
PFF
System Bot
TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2004 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pretty
Kelvin Vivian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2004 03:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kelvin VivianSend a Private Message to Kelvin VivianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This car takes my vote for best custom. Great work.

------------------

88 GT T-Top 5-spd #338 of 1252
87 SE 4-cyl 5-spd sunroof, spoiler, performance sound
85 2M4 base coupe T-Top 5-spd, rackless decklid, 15-in 88 GT rims, aero-conversion

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2004 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
done with 9 coats of clear took this pic flash off here it is flash on extremly shinny
Bobert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2004 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobertSend a Private Message to BobertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

^^Bump to the top^^
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2004 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
with all the rain have not got much donre but hope for a better week this week
NY_FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2004 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NY_FIEROClick Here to visit NY_FIERO's HomePageSend a Private Message to NY_FIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BUMP!
USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2004 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You could have a nice little cottage business like Oreif does with the door tabs.

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2004 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

done with 9 coats of clear took this pic flash off here it is flash on extremly shinny

Would make a nice belt buckle.
Now I am going to have to make one

TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2004 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
please dont start another one of those belt trends... last time it was coke bottle caps next its gonna be car logo's.... all the ricer kids will be running around with Honda and Acura logo's on there belts.... but on the other hadn us COOL people could have INDY and GT badges i mean who else gets to rock a winged horse????

------------------
'86 Fiero GT
My Fiero XoticRydz Mid-Rear Madness

Be Excellent To Each Other" - Bill S. Preston Esquire Ted Theadore Logan

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock