Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  newest project (Page 37)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
newest project by bubbajoexxx
Started on: 09-12-2003 06:18 PM
Replies: 3111 (374103 views)
Last post by: Trinten on 04-23-2023 11:02 PM
ShaddowGt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2005 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShaddowGtSend a Private Message to ShaddowGtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ive been searching, and i cant find the info, what v8 is that?

SWEET FREAKING CAR! HOLY HELL. i cant beleive that youve done this, my goodness man, INCREDIBLE!

IP: Logged
Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2005 05:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Northstar, though it don't look much like one anymore.
Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2005 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice work !!!

foolishmouse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post05-21-2005 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for foolishmouseSend a Private Message to foolishmouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Freaking Intense!!!
I think this thread just ruined the next couple years of my life .

Life please hold while I get involved in something more important.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2005 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good…as usual. Nice fender flares.
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2005 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kameo Kid:

Hey Bubba, When do you estimate the completion of you build up to the point of paint and running?

mid summer as there is a fair amount of glass yet to finish but the car runs and is drivable just dont want to drive it till it is complete

toddshotrods

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2005 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for toddshotrodsClick Here to visit toddshotrods's HomePageSend a Private Message to toddshotrodsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Latest installment of Bubbajoe's article is now online:

http://toddshotrods.com/geneticengineering.html

I have some glitches to fix, and probably some typos I missed, but it's there.

------------------
Todd Perkins - the member formerly known as "perkidelic"
todd's hot rods

Bobby Amos Albrecht

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2005 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bobby Amos AlbrechtSend a Private Message to Bobby Amos AlbrechtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm watching Joe and wow I've just looked at all your pictures and showed the wife. Really nice work looks like your haveing a really good time, that car show where their building all these cars should have you on there when your all done. You know people like you wind up on TV doing there own show. My wife and I are on our way to MI for this weekend for her mom and dads 50th were just going to pop in and pop out, don't want to catch a cold ya know. I'll be driving the Fiero always like taking the Fiero so will be heading out tomorrow about 6pm it's still running good. I e-mailed you a time or two but I guess your really busy on your car as I seen. wow. great job Joe. Ha don't let my son get to you Joe hes got a mess over there I don't think it will ever be right again, hope I'm wrong. Bobby here!
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2005 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bobby Amos Albrecht:

I'm watching Joe and wow I've just looked at all your pictures and showed the wife. Really nice work looks like your haveing a really good time, that car show where their building all these cars should have you on there when your all done. You know people like you wind up on TV doing there own show. My wife and I are on our way to MI for this weekend for her mom and dads 50th were just going to pop in and pop out, don't want to catch a cold ya know. I'll be driving the Fiero always like taking the Fiero so will be heading out tomorrow about 6pm it's still running good. I e-mailed you a time or two but I guess your really busy on your car as I seen. wow. great job Joe. Ha don't let my son get to you Joe hes got a mess over there I don't think it will ever be right again, hope I'm wrong. Bobby here!

have a great trip my good freind and have a great time from your good freind bubbajoexxx

PS with me giving him direction he will gweat it back together as long as he takes the time to listen

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 05-26-2005).]

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2005 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a slighty off-topic question (actually, it's directly related to about pages 9-11 )

I've asked my brother to see about cutting me a set of brake adaptors (his shop is getting a waterjet) - he mentioned that it would probably be best to do the concentric rings in Stainless Steel - and recommended 6061T-6 or 7073-T651 aluminum for the plates themselves. I could definitely see a weight benefit there - any negative side effects? He even mentioned having them black hard anodized for wear resistance.

Thoughts?

[This message has been edited by MinnGreenGT (edited 05-27-2005).]

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2005 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

I have a slighty off-topic question (actually, it's directly related to about pages 9-11 )

I've asked my brother to see about cutting me a set of brake adaptors (his shop is getting a waterjet) - he mentioned that it would probably be best to do the concentric rings in Stainless Steel - and recommended 6061T-6 or 7073-T651 aluminum for the plates themselves. I could definitely see a weight benefit there - any negative side effects? He even mentioned having them black hard anodized for wear resistance.

Thoughts?

6061 will work fine and aluminum concentric rings are the best choice not stainless just be sure to use loctite blue on all threaded bolts as aluminum and steel bolts need to be sealed to inhibit corrosion and blue is whats used by the vettes on all brake components bolted to aluminum

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 05-27-2005).]

PFF
System Bot
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2005 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
piced up some fiberglass vette panels with scoops in them for making up the remaining vents and to make a few molds from will post progress on tuesday
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2005 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bubbajoexxx:

6061 will work fine and aluminum concentric rings are the best choice not stainless just be sure to use loctite blue on all threaded bolts as aluminum and steel bolts need to be sealed to inhibit corrosion and blue is whats used by the vettes on all brake components bolted to aluminum

Thanks BubbaJoe - I greatly appreciate your knowledge and input!

fiero go fast

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2005 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero go fastSend a Private Message to fiero go fastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have a pm Bubba.
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2005 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fiero go fast:

You have a pm Bubba.

reply sent

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2005 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
have not posted any work for a few days now but will post soon as I am laid up flat on my back with a problem with my neck and it is very hard to move around
but it should clear up in a few days so I can get back to work

Joe

toddshotrods

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2005 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for toddshotrodsClick Here to visit toddshotrods's HomePageSend a Private Message to toddshotrodsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Bubbajoe, do you know the width of the (rear) upper control arm mounting points?

Take care of yourself and get well soon...

------------------
todd's hot rods

Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 271
User Banned

Report this Post06-04-2005 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Joe slow down remember we are not that young any more slow down you'll live longer get well.
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2005 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guy's
need some one to do some photo shop for me I have a set of vette shark grills and I want to see what they will look like mounted into my scoop area

Will

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2005 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This picture makes me think that you ought to name the car "palindrome".

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2005 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought it was supposed to look like this..??

Great job and I think it looks better like it is now then a wagon... ugh!!

------------------
Choptop WideBody GT 1 of 1
4.9L-V8-Auto---almost finished

PFF
System Bot
fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2005 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks guy's
need some one to do some photo shop for me I have a set of vette shark grills and I want to see what they will look like mounted into my scoop area

Hold them up to your car and take a photo. It will show how large they are and where you would like them placed.

------------------

87 notchback 4.9L swap in progress
Custom LED Notchback Tail Lights

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2005 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fourpoint9:

Hold them up to your car and take a photo. It will show how large they are and where you would like them placed.

will do they exactly the size of the scoop area

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2005 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003

here is what i need done

riley

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2005 05:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rileySend a Private Message to rileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
isnt doublec4 the thread's official photoshop guy?
fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2005 06:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks better the way you had it. IMO
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2005 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by riley:

isnt doublec4 the thread's official photoshop guy?

I check back often but the past 2 or so days I've only had time to cruise the forums and not really get started on a photoshop. Maybe I'll try it in the next few days but personally I wouldn't add those vents. I think the scoop looks best the way it is.

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2005 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well I guess that idea is out but I would like to put vertical slats in the opening to better direct the air flow
divilspawn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2005 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for divilspawnSend a Private Message to divilspawnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know its not photoshop and it doesn't look very well done but being as I support the idea of the vents I did what I could do with mspaint and other than it needing to be molded in and all one color i think it looks a little better than just ductaped on altho it would also need cut down a little but hey like I said it was mspaint and took half as long to make as it did to write all of this...
and such is my feble contribution to the cause
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post06-08-2005 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really like the vents, but feel they should be further back...I think that may be possible, because the front two would still be over the intake, and I would have thought that would be enough to work still

..my 0.2c

------------------
fierofetish.PFF'S self-confessed Snowbird!!

Responsibilty: the solution for our World's Dilemmas..

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 06-08-2005).]

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2005 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The vents look too square. You need something more "swoopy". Love the build

Bob

PFF
System Bot
justa6

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2005 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for justa6Send a Private Message to justa6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
how bout something like this

------------------
The unfortunate history of my GT

"Because you're so chocked full of preservatives, they're just preserving you now" - why you shoud eat healthy

toddshotrods

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2005 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for toddshotrodsClick Here to visit toddshotrods's HomePageSend a Private Message to toddshotrodsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally got a few spare minutes to play...

I don't know why it's so blurry, and i didn't have time to do it over, so...

Or, you could just supersize the ones you have...

------------------
todd's hot rods

Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2005 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would get rid of the notch window
Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2005 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the scoops, the vents do nothing for the overall look.. that's my 2cents worth
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2005 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bubba do u plan to add ground fx to the sides and rear ?

Is that the final nose you are going with ?

Just curious.

stevenrossi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2005 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stevenrossiSend a Private Message to stevenrossiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Is that the final nose you are going with ?

Just curious.

I say we all pitch in $20 towards bubba getting one of those "norm" front ends...that would look TOTALLY mind-blowing on this setup. Not saying that bubba needs the charity...but who doesn't like free, or at least semi-free Fiero stuff? anyone? I thought so. Can anyone photochop a picture of one of bub's pics with a norm front end kit on it?

SR

[This message has been edited by stevenrossi (edited 06-09-2005).]

toddshotrods

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2005 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for toddshotrodsClick Here to visit toddshotrods's HomePageSend a Private Message to toddshotrodsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Erik:

I would get rid of the notch window

------------------
todd's hot rods

fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post06-09-2005 04:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BubbajoeXXX..I don't appear too often in your thread, because I prefer to stand and watch..but I do play by myself (now don't go thinking the wrong thing!!), and I took the liberty of experimenting with your design.I have no skills with picture enhancement, and the results are not good!! Just thought I might post my feeble attempt!!

I was just trying to compensate for what I see as a "visual imbalance" between the front half of the car, and the new rear half,as my eyes see it!! I also tend to think the "Notchie" quarter window detracts from the car a bit, and so adapted it ..it is a "fake" window, and I tried to show it as having been "silver-filmed" from the inside, to hide the fact that it is not a real window.
I have to say, as so many others before me already did, that you have incredible abilities, conception and determination..and thanks for sharing it all!!

------------------
fierofetish.PFF'S self-confessed Snowbird!!

Responsibilty: the solution for our World's Dilemmas..

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 06-09-2005).]

Wolfhound

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2005 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fierofetish, Try taking the windshield and hood of the car parked on the otherside out of the original photo. I think that's the imbalance you're seeing.

[This message has been edited by Wolfhound (edited 06-09-2005).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock