Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  newest project (Page 33)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
newest project by bubbajoexxx
Started on: 09-12-2003 06:18 PM
Replies: 3111 (374099 views)
Last post by: Trinten on 04-23-2023 11:02 PM
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2005 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bubbajoexxx:

got outside today and filled in the spaces on the new stucture with 16 gauge 3/4 perforated steel

That mesh looks completely BADa$$!

IP: Logged
bubbajoexxx

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2005 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

That mesh looks completely BADa$$!

strong yet light

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2005 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's an interesting idea...I've never seen it done before.

Thumbs up, Joe

Bob

ricreatr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2005 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ricreatrSend a Private Message to ricreatrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

strong yet light

and i'll bet cooler!

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2005 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
did some more work today removed the right side strut mount and worked on some of the fiberglass

the roof is now glassed in solid and the gas filler mount is now glassed in as well

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2005 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
installed the upper body for a test fit and will be able to put in a trunk with all the space that was recoverd with the suspension upgrade

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2005 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
weather was great yesterday and now it snowin again when will it end I want to get my work done
Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2005 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

weather was great yesterday and now it snowin again when will it end I want to get my work done

I want you to get it done as well. However it is fun watching this thing come together. Hang in there.

BTW - the latest ideas look great!

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2005 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Black-Azz-GT:

I want you to get it done as well. However it is fun watching this thing come together. Hang in there.

BTW - the latest ideas look great!

trying hard to hang in there but this weather is starting to get to me one day its fantastic out the next pure sh*t

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2005 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If it helps its raining in Lakeland Fl today and I wont be out working on the car today.
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2005 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

If it helps its raining in Lakeland Fl today and I wont be out working on the car today.

got some work done today . Will post the update once I get the laptop up and runnin as its the only verion of pip I have thats workin and the old P !33 runs real slow

PFF
System Bot
sonic50

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2005 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that is so cool!

------------------

88gt build up! //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/047402.html

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2005 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well the old flop top is up and runnin so I can post the update
finished removing the old stut suport and install the new pieces so I can now install the upper control arm brackets

I tried to keep both sides identical

toddshotrods

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2005 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for toddshotrodsClick Here to visit toddshotrods's HomePageSend a Private Message to toddshotrodsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Bubbajoe are you OK? Haven't heard a peep from you in almost a week?!??! Did you get the button?

------------------
Todd Perkins - the member formerly known as "perkidelic"
todd's hot rods

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2005 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by toddshotrods:

Hey Bubbajoe are you OK? Haven't heard a peep from you in almost a week?!??! Did you get the button?

workin on a top secret upgrade for the car when it is complete I will post the pics

PS: button is on the sites now put it in the same time I recieved it Joe

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2005 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well the secret is out here are some pics
I was unsatisfied with the look of the rear fame with the vette components so I built a new rear section to install in the rear of the car. The last 36 inches of the frame ails will be replaced with this new frame section

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2005 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
just need to install all the caps and gusset plates then the transaxle cros member then into the car it goes and the sping plates also can forget them
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2005 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is quite the surprise, I can't believe you rebuilt that entire rear section. It keeps getting better and better... I'm always checking up on this, so if you need to see how anything will look, I'll do more photoshops when you need.
toddshotrods

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2005 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for toddshotrodsClick Here to visit toddshotrods's HomePageSend a Private Message to toddshotrodsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good Bubbjoe. Does this replace the tubular cradle you just made?

Speaking of Photochopping - doublec4, did you get my PM?

------------------
Todd Perkins - the member formerly known as "perkidelic"
todd's hot rods

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2005 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by toddshotrods:

Looking good Bubbjoe. Does this replace the tubular cradle you just made?

Speaking of Photochopping - doublec4, did you get my PM?

the rear section of the tube cradle will be removed the I have made an adapter to conect the forward section of the tube cradle to the new rear section

Bobert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2005 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobertSend a Private Message to BobertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lucky # 1300 Post

Keep up the great work Bubba !

PFF
System Bot
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2005 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
man it was nice out today and got some work done 2 more steps to do then I can put the rails in
here are some of the pics

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2005 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
a few more

gaas88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2005 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gaas88Click Here to visit gaas88's HomePageSend a Private Message to gaas88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Bubba, simply awsome! What can I say!
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2005 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 03-29-2005).]

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2005 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well the new rear is in the car now time to put it all back together here are the pics

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2005 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
and a few more

boristheblade

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2005 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boristhebladeClick Here to visit boristheblade's HomePageSend a Private Message to boristhebladeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So will you be modifying the raild or the exhaust? it doesnt look like that setup will be too exhaust friendly.
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2005 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by boristheblade:

So will you be modifying the raild or the exhaust? it doesnt look like that setup will be too exhaust friendly.

The rails are not cut to the correct length yet. They have to be shortened by approximately one foot.

Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2005 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nice work. Is that the way it was arranged in the Vette? That's a fair chunk of anti-squat...

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2005 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
it is set up using the vette cradle and is set exactly as it was in the C5 the only differance is I am using coil over not the Glass leaf spring

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 04-01-2005).]

PFF
System Bot
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2005 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here are a few shots of how the frame is spliced together

gusshotrod

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2005 03:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gusshotrodSend a Private Message to gusshotrodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was wondering about the lower a-arm angle also. Got a look at the new Factory Five car, also mid-engine and uses the same rear suspension set-up as yours with the factory cradle, a-arm angles look the same.
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2005 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gusshotrod:

I was wondering about the lower a-arm angle also. Got a look at the new Factory Five car, also mid-engine and uses the same rear suspension set-up as yours with the factory cradle, a-arm angles look the same.

the setup is all corvette and copied exactly as it came from the vette why corvette went to the odd angle of the lower are was for clerance of the forward mounted glass cross leaf spring to maintain ground clearance so the spring would be equal in higth as the rear of the rear of the cradle at the sping eye without it draging on the ground older vetts the sping is rear mounted and up higher in the chassie but the C5 is forward mounted and low in the chassie to clear the transaxle

here is a link where they install C5 suspension in a 57 chev

http://www.rickroush.com/c5_conversion.htm

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 04-03-2005).]

Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2005 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The net result is stil that it has a lot of anti-squat. It may have been a different chain of cause and effect... they may have designed the suspension and then figured out that they could mount the leaf spring under it.
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2005 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will:

The net result is stil that it has a lot of anti-squat. It may have been a different chain of cause and effect... they may have designed the suspension and then figured out that they could mount the leaf spring under it.

that is quite posible this suspesion is also used in the CTS and XLR acording to GM parts direct

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2005 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
made up the new rear body suport today and finished the side rails on the passanger side just need to finish the perf to start cleanup and paint with POR 15
and attach the rebar for the bumper will post pics once i get the laptop up and running as pip still dont work with this computer
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2005 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
here are a couple of pics of what is done now

hopefuly will have most of all the work done

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2005 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
amost done just need to put the new bumper rebar brackets on when i cut the frame to length
here is how the setup looks so far

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2005 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock