Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  newest project (Page 47)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
newest project by bubbajoexxx
Started on: 09-12-2003 06:18 PM
Replies: 3111 (374099 views)
Last post by: Trinten on 04-23-2023 11:02 PM
bubbajoexxx

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cut out the rear bumper where it needed material removed and installed the diffuser filler panel now I have to mould the inner fenders into the filler panel to make the opening a true vent for removing hot air from the engine bay

IP: Logged
RUNDLC

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RUNDLCSend a Private Message to RUNDLCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HEY BUBBAJOE You are the LUCKY WINNER of a working vacation to SUNNY NORTHERN CALIFORNIA!!!!!! YAHOOO!!!!
LOL, LOL, LOL Man I could have all my glass stuff done in a week if I had your talent!!

RUNDLC
formula400

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for formula400Send a Private Message to formula400Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amazing is all I can say.
I sort of wish I never seen this till it was done.
now you got me hooked.

I have the space, tools, car, ect to do it.
I even have a little talent???
I have zero time "shame"
I even have a few bucks lol.

I am so proud of your work and what you have done.
Thank you for sharing this with us.
formula400

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for formula400Send a Private Message to formula400Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

formula400

188 posts
Member since Jun 2006
To tell the truth I was realy digging the van.
but as it developed it became better and better.

Question will the air cleaners clear the glass.
And if you plan to ever take to a 1/4 mile track?
I wonder if they will alow the motor exposed to rear glass
I know of a olds that was rear engine with a 1/2 thick plexi fire wall the would not let run.
Just a thought. Perhaps a shield for back glass that can be raised lowered for safty.
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by formula400:

To tell the truth I was realy digging the van.
but as it developed it became better and better.

Question will the air cleaners clear the glass.
And if you plan to ever take to a 1/4 mile track?
I wonder if they will alow the motor exposed to rear glass
I know of a olds that was rear engine with a 1/2 thick plexi fire wall the would not let run.
Just a thought. Perhaps a shield for back glass that can be raised lowered for safty.

the new intakes solve the clearance issue as they are 3 1/2 inches instead of 7inches
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003

Amazing is all I can say.
I sort of wish I never seen this till it was done.
now you got me hooked.

I have the space, tools, car, ect to do it.
I even have a little talent???
I have zero time "shame"
I even have a few bucks lol.

I am so proud of your work and what you have done.
Thank you for sharing this with us.

with time and some patience any thing is possible you must make your own time
you just need the drive to make any project happen

PS thank you very much for your comment
MclarenF1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MclarenF1Click Here to visit MclarenF1's HomePageSend a Private Message to MclarenF1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what are you using for body filler?
vallen11

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vallen11Send a Private Message to vallen11Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just saw this post for the first time tonight, and am just totally amazed at the skill and knowledge put into this car.

Bubba, my vote is to go with the louvers. The car was made in the 80's, and I would go with the 80's look of the louvers. Some say the louvers hide the engine.... like its a bad thing. I think it's a good thing, let people guess what you have under there, and then pop up that hood and let them say WOW!
I would also have you thought about some type of a hood cowl to the front hood, so the front doesn't look so much smaller than the back?
Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no louvers ..IMO it will make it look out of proportion ..the lines are clean as is ..pull some molds !!
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MclarenF1:

what are you using for body filler?

Eagle feather lite out of one gallon I bought I have use only 1 quart on the car as I fill the glass work with shredded glass so little filler is needed

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 07-27-2006).]

stevenrossi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stevenrossiSend a Private Message to stevenrossiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bubbajoexxx:

once the shell is filled with glass and resin alow it to firm up then pull out the plug

because fiberglass`wont stick to plastic it pull out of the bumper shell easy

as you see here in the pics

Is it just me, or is that a 1996-2000 Dodge Caravan rear bumper? Please say it ain't so bubba! I'm sure if you read somewhere in the fineprint of this forum, it stipulates no mopar content asides from, perhaps, the new dodge hemi's

...Mmmm Hemi Fiero

[This message has been edited by stevenrossi (edited 07-27-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by stevenrossi:
Is it just me, or is that a 1996-2000 Dodge Caravan rear bumper? Please say it ain't so bubba! I'm sure if you read somewhere in the fineprint of this forum, it stipulates no mopar content asides from, perhaps, the new dodge hemi's

...Mmmm Hemi Fiero

did you figure out what the front spoilers is made from

stevenrossi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stevenrossiSend a Private Message to stevenrossiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

and the last ones

and here is the base I started with

That sir is the upper part of the 1996-2000 Chrylser VOYAGER front bumper cover. (Not caravan, because caravan's came with integral grilles - the voyagers did not). Looks like someone had some good pickin's at a junked out mopar - probably scrapped with a bad tranny...Hmmm Northstar Fiero with a 3SPD Caravan Tranny!!!!

...Ill stop now.

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
close town and country 97
stevenrossi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2006 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stevenrossiSend a Private Message to stevenrossiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

close town and country 97

I was gonna say that! but those are rare covers. Either way bubba...

shoot me an e-mail
parts@torontobodyparts.com

give me all of your contact information so i can contact you - i want to come down and give you a hand sometime...

Keep up the good work!
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2006 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by stevenrossi:

I was gonna say that! but those are rare covers. Either way bubba...

shoot me an e-mail
parts@torontobodyparts.com

give me all of your contact information so i can contact you - i want to come down and give you a hand sometime...

Keep up the good work!

email sent
NY_FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2006 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NY_FIEROClick Here to visit NY_FIERO's HomePageSend a Private Message to NY_FIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This thread rocks
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post07-30-2006 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been TOTALLY fascinated by this thread, and only have one question..will you be allowed to drive it on public roads? Will you have to have a special test done on it for getting 'tags'? Couldn't even change my flipping wheels here in Spain, without having to pay 1200 euros!! (about $1850:eek :....) Needless to say I didn't..just put them on my UK nregistered Fiero!!
Thanks for sharing your exceptional talent, skills and ability..it takes a lot of time to take so many pics, and posting them here....apart from all the work!! Wonderful stuff, Sir!!
Nick

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 07-30-2006).]

Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2006 03:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BubbaJoe needs to have his car on the cover of Car Craft or better yet Forza when its done
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2006 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Erik:

BubbaJoe needs to have his car on the cover of Car Craft or better yet Forza when its done

No kidding.
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2006 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well lotsa pics today got a good days work done on the rear

fenderwell extentions done to hold the bardge board scoop in the board to help create the vaccumn needed to pull hot air out of the engine compartment and fully bolted on

here you can see the extention on the fenderwells

you can now see the final mshape of the bumper
PFF
System Bot
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2006 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the area where the plate goes and the space on either side will be filled with mesh and the plate will go into the stock location
and the exhaust tips on either side of the plate

the new opening in the rear can be seen from the inside of the engine bay
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2006 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
for you foto shoppers I have a big piec of the original mold left lets us see what you can do with it in these 2 pics

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2006 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003

Originally posted by fierofetish:

I have been TOTALLY fascinated by this thread, and only have one question..will you be allowed to drive it on public roads? Will you have to have a special test done on it for getting 'tags'? Couldn't even change my flipping wheels here in Spain, without having to pay 1200 euros!! (about $1850:eek :....) Needless to say I didn't..just put them on my UK nregistered Fiero!!
Thanks for sharing your exceptional talent, skills and ability..it takes a lot of time to take so many pics, and posting them here....apart from all the work!! Wonderful stuff, Sir!!
Nick

as long as i use the original title nothing special to put on the road other than the saftey cert.
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2006 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
tomorrow I will be out getting supplies so I can finish the glass work so I can start the final body work and off to paint
formula400

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2006 03:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for formula400Send a Private Message to formula400Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yep your right bub time and drive
I got no time and work my ass off so little drive
I am proud of you
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2006 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

yep your right bub time and drive
I got no time and work my ass off so little drive
I am proud of you

You will have to make time . Working yourself to death is not the way to live I know from experiance worked hard for 25
years and what did I get for it ruptured disk and pinched nerve in my neck ruptured disks in my lower back both rotator cups in my shoulders gone and now that I am all cripled up I have all the time for what I want and all the pain to go with it but without my car to work on I would be lost

Always try to relax and play with your hobby Fiero,s even if it is only an hour a day you will enjoy life alot more

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 07-31-2006).]

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2006 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
man it is hot to hot to work outside 45 degrees cel. including humidex here in TO but still got some work done
made up the lower section of the right side skirt and the mesh filler for the rear

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2006 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well got some more done today here are the pics

the area where the plate is now is fully vented and ready for a lovered plate

installed the lower panel that will be bonded to the skirt to make up the right side areo skirt
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2006 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
shortened the skirt and placed and made the needed cut to fit it to the car then marked out the excess material on the lower section to be cut out so the 2 pieces can be bonded together tomorrow

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 08-02-2006).]

BtotheB

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2006 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BtotheBClick Here to visit BtotheB's HomePageSend a Private Message to BtotheBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just curious... are you moving the exhaust tips down to either side of the license plate? Or have I missed something?

Brad
PFF
System Bot
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2006 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BtotheB:

Just curious... are you moving the exhaust tips down to either side of the license plate? Or have I missed something?

Brad

yes one daul tip per side there are pics of the tips a few pages back
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2006 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
from this mockup By Erik

to the final desine other than the finishing

the corners will be shaped the same as the ends of the skirts so it all flows together
the front will have the corners matched as well .
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2006 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
finished up the skirts today and started the new manifolds as well sent them off to the machine shop to be milled and welded to the new plates to make a one piece manifold per side with no adapter so I can use the carbs or CP performance fuel injection

will post pics of the skirts later
FieroGT42

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2006 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT42Send a Private Message to FieroGT42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice work. I have a suggestion: ditch the crappy ricer gutter guard, and get some honeycomb mesh. I used this source for PCs called Modder's mesh. It looks great, holds paint, and matches the honeycomb theme of the Fiero's defrost vents and other Pontiac cars. I've gotten compliements from ricers on how much better it looks than their mesh

[This message has been edited by FieroGT42 (edited 08-05-2006).]

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2006 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGT42:

Nice work. I have a suggestion: ditch the crappy ricer gutter guard, and get some honeycomb mesh. I used this source for PCs called Modder's mesh. It looks great, holds paint, and matches the honeycomb theme of the Fiero's defrost vents and other Pontiac cars. I've gotten compliements from ricers on how much better it looks than their mesh

dont sell it large enough to fill the opening will check with my metal supplier to see if is avalable in 60x24
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2006 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
here are the pics of the right side skirt

HI-TECH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 123
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2006 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HI-TECHClick Here to visit HI-TECH's HomePageSend a Private Message to HI-TECHEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

HOLLY *****IN SH**......

[This message has been edited by HI-TECH (edited 08-06-2006).]

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2006 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
started working on my tail lights solid red full lighted and sequential 4 segments

added two bulbs in the empty space and added a reflector

using another old set of lights i made the replacement red section to replace the back up light

I have video of the signal light count but need to convert it to mpeg 2 to post it
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2006 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock