Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  newest project (Page 13)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
newest project by bubbajoexxx
Started on: 09-12-2003 06:18 PM
Replies: 3111 (374040 views)
Last post by: Trinten on 04-23-2023 11:02 PM
bubbajoexxx

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2004 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Racer_JT

Yes

IP: Logged
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2004 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
latest on dash upgrade trim redone to match dash, head liner to go in ,sound and dvd left

------------------

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 08-01-2004).]

Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2004 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome! I would like to see it in person someday!
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2004 04:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
O.K. You have my attention. Quick dont lose it. I have managed to drive my wife even more insane by playing the clip of N* running again and again. What about more ear candy?
I'm running the sound clip right now let me BUMP the volume up a little (gotta love this surround sound)
Brad
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2004 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
latest on finished interior rear wall my novel way to do it

by the way here is what you see looking out the rear window with the new intakes

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 08-03-2004).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2004 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now ain't that pretty. When do you think you'll be finished? How many HP?
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2004 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hopefully in another month mainly body work left all the mechanicals are done finally
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2004 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
should be just above the 400 mark
Boricuasoy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2004 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoricuasoyClick Here to visit Boricuasoy's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoricuasoyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i have a 56k connection but it feels even slower ,so i didnt read all the 13 pages,
by the way this car rules! good job guys! not too fond of the hatchback, but still cool.
now since im looking to do the same stretch on my car my self i was wondering:

whats the cost of the stretch in parts and total?
how did you cut the chassis part and cradel? like where exactly did you cut! what tools?
how did you manage to keep every thing aligned? technic and tools plz.
what type of welder did you use?
what type of steel did you use? for the cradel: for the chassis part:
how strong is the chassis after this mod? will it take the bitting of road course racing?
do you think you over stretch it ?
whats the best way to mesure how much to cut?
too many questions? ok ill stop
i know what you all might be thinking, if i dont know half the answers all ready, pay some one else to do it, well,cant do that,my fiero is my toy and im the only one allowed to play with it. lol.
feel free to send me to look for answers elsewhere!
but since you all ready know how to do it i figure ill ask you.
thanks for any help you have for me before hand, if anyone else knows the answer to this questions or know where i can get some more info plz, feel free to ad your own knowled,
later

------------------
mod it until is perfect.

http://members.cardomain.com/boricuaso

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2004 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sawall grinder and a good mig and 60 dollars in material to keep evrery thing staight measure more than once and use a good level floor and good jack stands and dont move it once you start mild steel is all you need 3/16 thick and be sure to cross brace . go here to see it done

http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscraper/switch/67/id211.htm

Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2004 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bubbajoexxx:

should be just above the 400 mark

I think that's a bit optimistic unless you've ported the heads and reground the cams...

------------------
'87 Fiero GT: Low, Sleek, Fast, and Loud
'90 Pontiac 6000 SE AWD: None of the Above

Luck, Fate and Destiny are words used by those who lack the courage to define their own future

PFF
System Bot
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2004 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bubba,

Ya think it's a good idea to have the battery so close to the exhaust? A good heat shield would be a good idea.

Just a thought

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2004 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
valve springs and cams from chfab will net the hp the heads dont need porting as the intake ports are the size of tenis balls on the 2002 heads .
This engine is rated at 300 stock with 11:1 compression ratio
Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2004 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you've got cams, that'll help a lot.

The intakes ar huge (300+ CFM ported), but the exhausts barely flow half that...

------------------
'87 Fiero GT: Low, Sleek, Fast, and Loud
'90 Pontiac 6000 SE AWD: None of the Above

Luck, Fate and Destiny are words used by those who lack the courage to define their own future

3.8 SC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2004 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.8 SCSend a Private Message to 3.8 SCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I went to your website to read some more about your Fiero. Wow, you have a lot of other things going on there as well. I tried to E-mail you, but I kept getting an invalid E-mail address message.
I am really interested in your brakes and hubs upgrades. I was wanting to know what year the Pontiac 6000 uprights and S-10 hubs are from?
Also what bearing seal did you use? Were any mods done to get the two parts to fit together?

Keep up the good work,
Don

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2004 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
3.8 SC
will check the email address may still be the old one will change it
Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2004 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bubba. Sweet work man. It I cant beleiv how far along you are. I remember the first post.

I havent read every post but, has this beast bean started with that top end on it?

I still wish it wasnt a wagon and an extended fast back instead. But that' why it' yours.

KEEP IT UP.

[This message has been edited by Black-Azz-GT (edited 08-06-2004).]

twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2004 05:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey bubbajoexxx I sent you a pm. Also giving you a + when I am able to ( Seems like longer than 30 days on here, and you can see how many posts).
Thank You,
Brad
P.S. You ever need someone to take that engine off of your hands, I can help
Gordo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2004 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GordoSend a Private Message to GordoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

OMG!

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2004 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Installing the dual rads this weekend will post pics as soon as they are done
atwrksbrthr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2004 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for atwrksbrthrSend a Private Message to atwrksbrthrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BubbaJoe. I found your website some time back, and have been watching your progress, and all I can say is WOW! And your website is very informative, I thank you for the time you have spent on it, with all the deatils and the such! I will soon be starting in on the 4.X swap, and going carb'd also on my 84 SE. Can I buy a carb adapter from you? Please PM me or reply with price if available, thank you!

------------------
That goes where?

PFF
System Bot
sonic50

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2004 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well I saw this post along time ago and I can not belive you did it. It looks better then in that first pics. good job man.

Are you doing it by your self?

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2004 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sonic50

My freind bob Has helped with the construction when he can .
alot of the main pieces all done by me alone as well as all of the adapters
alot of work when my back is all srewed up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2004 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks to Bobert and Jim the rads are almost complete here are some pics

as ypou can see in the pics the rad air outlets are cut into the front of the wheel wells

------------------

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2004 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

here are the pics of the finished cooling system dual rads
in series dual fans and hiden from site

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2004 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need your hounest opinion on this setup for the rear

------------------

topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2004 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I personally like it without the hatch-wagon type of rear. The enlongated rear decklid makes it look better. I would say get rid of the luggage rack, and either go slick, or with a spoiler. Maybe someone can photoshop it

[This message has been edited by topcat (edited 09-11-2004).]

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2004 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rack will be removed so I can put the stock wing back on
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2004 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To be honest, I never liked the hatch. It just doesn't look like it belongs. I like the elongated decklid best. If you want to take some pictures with the decklid on and get the whole car in it, I'll photoshop some stuff.
TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2004 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what if you did a super long fastback??? im with the anti hatch people too.. but if you did just the decklid dont put a spoiler or anything... just leave it slick.

------------------
'86 Fiero GT

www.KylesFiero.tk www.XoticRydz.tk

Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2004 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Either elongated notchie or build a stretched fastback clip for it. I don't like the hatch look either.

------------------
Turn the key and feel the engine shake the whole car with its lope; Plant the gas pedal and feel in your chest neither a shriek nor a wail but a bellowing roar; Lift and be pushed into the harness by compression braking that only comes from the biggest cylinders while listening to music of pops and gurgles. Know that you are driving and American V8. There are finer engines made, but none of them are this cool.

PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2004 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That would look killer with a Diablo kit on it
I like the deck lid over the other cover you have.
Bobert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2004 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobertSend a Private Message to BobertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I like the decklid as well and yes a Diablo rebody would look incredible with this setup.
Bubbajoe has also toyed with the idea of an elongated fastback as well. Stay tuned, you never know what he will come up with.
Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2004 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the looks of that better than the hatch/wagon look quite a bit. Lose the luggage rack and hinges, throw some paint at it, and you're in business.

Bryce
88 GT

Street&Strip Performance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2004 02:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Street&Strip PerformanceSend a Private Message to Street&Strip PerformanceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought the hatch was kind of cool, once it's done Dodge should redo the Magnum commericial and have this thing against the Magnum, then we'll see who's faster.
MilleniumFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2004 03:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MilleniumFieroSend a Private Message to MilleniumFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i think you should keep the 2M4 on the back

------------------

85 SE

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2004 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
doublec4
here are the pics you asked for

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2004 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I need your hounest opinion on this setup for the rear

I like it much better than the wagon. Looks a little weird, but you're gonna have that with the stretched wheelbase. It looks pretty good. You could possibly stretch out the said panels a bit, but I like it just the way it is.

atwrksbrthr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2004 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for atwrksbrthrSend a Private Message to atwrksbrthrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As far as this project goes, you have got to show off that engine!
Though stretch another wheel base and make a 4 seater Fiero using your "wagon" lid while still using a 6cyl. That would be really cool!

------------------
That goes where?

Doug Chase

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2004 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug ChaseSend a Private Message to Doug ChaseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm going to go agaist the grain here and say that I think I like the wagon look better.

The stretched rear with the big flat decklid looks strange to me. I think the wagon hatch fits the proportions a little better. Do you have any pictures with the wagon hatch on similar to the ones you just posted above?

------------------
Doug Chase
Chase Race
Custom roll cage and exhaust fabrication

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock