Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  newest project (Page 16)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
newest project by bubbajoexxx
Started on: 09-12-2003 06:18 PM
Replies: 3111 (374102 views)
Last post by: Trinten on 04-23-2023 11:02 PM
Kohburn

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2004 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
now it just needs a wrap around spoiler
IP: Logged
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2004 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kohburn

7349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
actually now it looks like the camaro glass woul dbe perfect for a none stretched notchy too..
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2004 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No it would't fit a non-stretched Fiero. This car is stretched 12" and the end of the hatch is only 4" from the back.

A spoiler is in the plans.

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 09-30-2004).]

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2004 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
If anyone in the Toronto/GTA area has or knows of an 82 - 90 Camaro of Firebird
I need a rear hatch section donor to help with remolding the rear of the car.

edit:I will even come and remove it myself.

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2004 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bubbajoexxx:

No it would't fit a non-stretched Fiero. This car is stretched 12" and the end of the hatch is only 4" from the back.

A spoiler is in the plans.

but how long is that flat non glass section? metal can be cut

can't wait to see this thing painted

Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2004 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks *much* cooler with the glass than the wagon top. Fits surprisingly closely, too. If you put a little more time/thought into it, you could make the hinges and back end such that you could run with or without the glass, depending on the weather and your mood. Keep up the good work!

Bryce
88 GT

ezramore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2004 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ezramoreSend a Private Message to ezramoreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is the glass going to interfear with ventilation to the engine. i would put a dark tint on the glass and make people have to find out whats under the hood.

------------------
Ezra
88 Fiero 2M4 90000 Miles

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2004 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no there is plenty of areas for air to infiltrate the compartment
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2004 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
Kohburn

the metal overlaps the glass 4inches so you would have a rear deck 1 inch long and no way to latch it shut
on a stock Fiero

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2004 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kohburn

the metal overlaps the glass 4inches so you would have a rear deck 1 inch long and no way to latch it shut
on a stock Fiero

well it was a thought anyways.. keep up the good work

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2004 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm REALLY happy to see you're going through with this design! Will you be putting on the wrap around spoiler?
PFF
System Bot
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2004 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
doublec4

you bet thanks to you you got my brain in overdrive again and the work is progressing
Thanks Again

there is alot of reworking of the fiberglass but I think the finished product will be worth it

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2004 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
doublec4

I will try to get a good side view pic for you to do up with your photo shiop skills
but no red please I am going tangerine on the car for colour
and the roof will have my trade mark satin black treatment as in this pic

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2004 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome, so do you want me to change the colour in the picture you just posted, or do you want me to wait for a full side shot?
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2004 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
will post a good side view tomorrow afternoon the ones here now are not the best to much sun in the shots
fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2004 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looks AWESOME bubbajoe!!!

------------------
fourpoint9
87 notchback 4.9L swap in progress

[This message has been edited by fourpoint9 (edited 10-01-2004).]

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2004 06:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
now thats the look I was lookin for thanks
ezramore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2004 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ezramoreSend a Private Message to ezramoreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks awsom. I was also noticing it resembles the 2003 acura nsx in the back. Sorry I dont know how to post a pic

------------------
Ezra
88 Fiero 2M4 90000 Miles

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2004 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well I have started to shape the roof pillers to fit the glass and have step by step pics to go along with it here you go

starting with sheet metal I formed molds to make the fiberglass fillers

test fit the peices to make sure they fit well

then covered them with a light glue then with plastic wrap so the fiberglass wont stick

continued

------------------

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2004 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

With the drivetrain all done, have you done any driving cuz I am curious as to how she handles opposed to a non stretch fiero....

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2004 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
then removed the filler peices from the molds for trimming

now that i have them it is time to glass them in using a bonding agent then glassing them in solid

this is what the glass work looks like befor finishing

now retry the glass window to see how well it fits

screws will be removed in 24 hours so every thing cures up good and solid

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 10-02-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2004 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
once the hinge plate is weled to the roof and both b pillers are finished the center will be resized and glassed back in
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2004 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
pavo_roddy

where i live if you take the car on the road unfinished as it is you will be in the impound yard as the cops will have it towed and a tone of tickes to go with it
Im not in a rush I can wait a little longer and take it out with all the body mods done and in primer then no one will bother me

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2004 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
Kohburn

here is a pic with the measurements of the glass on it

length of the glass without the deck is 44 inches

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2004 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

well here we go Nstar under glass here are some pics

as you can see the camero glas is the right sze for the rear

I'm lovin' it

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2004 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
jscott1

lotsa work but I think the finished glass rear will set off the looks of the stretch

Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 271
User Banned

Report this Post10-02-2004 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bubba I have to make a trip to Canada to check out some of your projects simply breathtaking.
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2004 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Master Tuner Akimoto

come on up to Canada you will enjoy yourself Here in TO Canada's largest city and Ontario's capital city

------------------

mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2004 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW!!! That's going to look fantastic. But, please tell, how did you make the metal molds? From scratch?

Roy

topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2004 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your creativity amazes me. Let's see. You stretched a notchback, installed a longitudal Northstar, mated it to a Porsche transaxle, and now modding the rear clip to fit a Camaro rear hatch!

OUTSTANDING work!

I can hardly wait to see the finished, painted product!

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2004 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
mrfixit58

one I had the shape draw out I used a sheat metal hammer and an anvil to pound out the metal to shape
lots of pounding and refitting till perfect . I'm a tin bandger by trade {sheat metal man} and many years of experiance
Just one of my trades

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 10-03-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
sheppard00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2004 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sheppard00Click Here to visit sheppard00's HomePageSend a Private Message to sheppard00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought the wagon was just chezy enough to be cool. but awsome work bubba. I cant wait to hear how she runs.
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2004 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
any one who want the tin molds for the bpillers can have them first responce gets them or I am thowing them out just pay the shipping about 8 bucks

------------------

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2004 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
sheppard00

you want to here it run use this link and go to the bottom of the page and click the sound clip
http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscraper/switch/67/id219.htm

------------------

Racing_Trends

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2004 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racing_TrendsSend a Private Message to Racing_TrendsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Bubbajoe

I have an 84 Camaro berlinetta, a good a parts car runs mint u still interested in the rear clip?

perhaps we can arrange a trade some how? my name is marcello in the GTA as well, give me a call if ur still interested

416-522-4486

March

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2004 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is your wheel base now..?? You know why I am asking...lol Because I need to know thing's like this for my secret journal I am not supposed to tell anyone about. So, I just need to knoe!

Dude, It is AWESOME!

------------------

Custom-Shaved HandBuilt!!
FIRST-EVER-- CHOPTOP--WIDEBODY GT!!
4.9L-V8--5-Speed starting swap soon

sqoach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2004 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ezramore:

It looks awsom. I was also noticing it resembles the 2003 acura nsx in the back. Sorry I dont know how to post a pic

I posted a hyperlink a couple pages back of one. I guess everyone missed it.

This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.

boristheblade

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2004 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boristhebladeClick Here to visit boristheblade's HomePageSend a Private Message to boristhebladeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome work for sure.
Now that youve got the glass on, how will you get air to the filters? won't they be just sucking in engine bay air this way?

[This message has been edited by boristheblade (edited 10-03-2004).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2004 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

where i live if you take the car on the road unfinished as it is you will be in the impound yard as the cops will have it towed and a tone of tickes to go with it

I'm glad I didn't know this as I was cruising around the GTA in a multi-colored Half-finished Chop top.

This car of yours is going to be awesome when completed. I would love to see the look on someone's face when they pull up behind you and see that huge Northstar sitting under glass where your back seat would normally be.

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2004 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fourpoint9

can you draw in a small scoop on the bpiller as I plan on putting scoop there to feed cold air into the engine compartment

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock