Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  newest project (Page 36)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
newest project by bubbajoexxx
Started on: 09-12-2003 06:18 PM
Replies: 3111 (374103 views)
Last post by: Trinten on 04-23-2023 11:02 PM
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2005 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here it is with the satin black roof... I knew I was forgetting something

IP: Logged
Kohburn

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2005 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bubbajoexxx:

all my fiero's have the trademark satin black roof section and there is no way to fill the mouldings in and have it last as there is nothing on this earth that will hold well to poly panels
as the doors and front are made of I have seend 4 cars filled and all of them start cracking and pealing in a year or so the only way to get the fully smooth look is to make glass door skins bumpers and fenders the bond them all together. the best one I sen done took 4 weeks to be done and was full of cracks after the first speed bump he hit with the chin spoiler and that was done all with epoxy resin filler 4000 dollar paint job shot on one bump.

I use an evercoat flexible filler - worked like a charm on my last chin spoiler keeping it from getting damaged when it scraped the ground

F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2005 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

looks good but you need to paint the front roof section satin black as I do with all my Fiero's

Hmmmmm...

mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2005 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bubba,

The wide body looks great. Thanks for sharing the procedure. Can you explain what method you used to fasten the bumper so it fits flush with the wider body?

Great job,
Roy

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2005 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DoubleC4 - I think your rendering looks great... only one minor complaint/suggestion - you smoothed out the front hood a bit too much... it lacks the contours of the original (maybe just a couple of harder-edged shading changes to sharpen it up a bit ). But very nice work.

Bubba - excellent as always... very much looking forward to seeing it completed - It'll be spectacular!

ezramore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2005 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ezramoreSend a Private Message to ezramoreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
also it must be a slealth car having no headlights lol.
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2005 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfixit58:

Bubba,

The wide body looks great. Thanks for sharing the procedure. Can you explain what method you used to fasten the bumper so it fits flush with the wider body?

Great job,
Roy

what you do is cut the attaching stip for the front and rear panels from the doner clip and using loctite 20hp epoxy glue them back onto the flaired fender where the bumper
goes and the front panel attaches very easy to do just make sure the angle is right

there are no mods needed to the bumper just bolt it on to the reinstalled stips

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 05-11-2005).]

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2005 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

DoubleC4 - I think your rendering looks great... only one minor complaint/suggestion - you smoothed out the front hood a bit too much... it lacks the contours of the original (maybe just a couple of harder-edged shading changes to sharpen it up a bit ). But very nice work.

Bubba - excellent as always... very much looking forward to seeing it completed - It'll be spectacular!

Yeah the hood is missing the head light buckets and contours. It all has a cartoony sort of feel to it and I didn't want to clutter such a small area to work with. I may add a few lines, but maybe in a few days.... right now I'm awaiting my new computer.. finally won't have to run photoshop and render images with a 6 year old computer haha.

Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2005 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Also, I would mold the lower rocker panel into all once piece. Either that or make an edge at the front of the door too the rear 'edge' looks out of place.
rmphoto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2005 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rmphotoSend a Private Message to rmphotoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

there is nothing on this earth that will hold well to poly panels as the doors and front are made of.

the doors are not the same material as the front.

I have seend 4 cars filled and all of them start cracking and pealing in a year

must have been a shitty job.

I think you should do it... with all the amazing work thats gone into that car, shaving the moulding should be childs play for you. it would make that car look amazing.

[This message has been edited by rmphoto (edited 05-11-2005).]

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2005 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rmphoto:

must have been a shitty job.

I think you should do it... with all the amazing work thats gone into that car, shaving the moulding should be childs play for you. it would make that car look amazing.

the front fenders and door panels are made of RIM renforced poly urathane and there is nothing that will bond to them permanently bring me any car that has anything boned to the doors or fender and I will show you how easy it is to crack them

PFF
System Bot
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post05-12-2005 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DoubleC4..I did a couple of "paintshop" changes to your excellent virtual photo. I would like to post them, but will ask if you mind first? And BubbaJoexxx too, of course!!
Thanks
fierofetish

------------------
RESPONSIBILITY WILL SOLVE EVERYTHING.USE IT ALL THE TIME !!!!.

JetroGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2005 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JetroGTSend a Private Message to JetroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hear's a two tone version of doublec4s rendering. With a small red stripe at the bottom.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2005 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah I forgot to remind everyone that you can use my photoshops as you please. I'd love to see what other people come up with.
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post05-12-2005 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks!! This is just a paintshop effort...

I didn´t find the doorline too easy on my eye...
fierofetish
rmphoto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2005 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rmphotoSend a Private Message to rmphotoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

the front fenders and door panels are made of RIM renforced poly urathane and there is nothing that will bond to them permanently bring me any car that has anything boned to the doors or fender and I will show you how easy it is to crack them

you have a PM.

NY_FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2005 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NY_FIEROClick Here to visit NY_FIERO's HomePageSend a Private Message to NY_FIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The only thing I'm abit against is the "cow-killer" front bumper..
I love the lines of a stock fiero (black milding)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
ezramore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2005 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ezramoreSend a Private Message to ezramoreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
does the stock molding fit the new widened section?
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2005 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ezramore:

does the stock molding fit the new widened section?

yes it does if you have a stock body mine is 12 inches longer so I had to make longer side panel moldings . That was easy using a set of extra door moldings I got from Gusshotrod

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2005 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003

Originally posted by NY_FIERO:

The only thing I'm abit against is the "cow-killer" front bumper..
I love the lines of a stock fiero (black milding)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

with the front dam I am desining the bumper will look wild

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2005 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
I finished one side totaly today and will post the pics shortly
PFF
System Bot
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2005 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

here is whats done

here is a good shot of the size of the flair

I should have the moldings done tomorrow for a good side shot

NY_FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2005 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NY_FIEROClick Here to visit NY_FIERO's HomePageSend a Private Message to NY_FIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

with the front dam I am desining the bumper will look wild

Excited...to see

NY_FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2005 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NY_FIEROClick Here to visit NY_FIERO's HomePageSend a Private Message to NY_FIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man,

What vision...

FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2005 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What a cool car!

You put a LOT of effort into it, and it looks GREAT!

Can't wait to see the finished product!

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2005 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
been rainin for a couple of days now but i managed to fab the first new rear inner fender .
With the new frame and suspension I have claerance for up to 14 inch wide tires and with the faired body I needed to widen the rear linners 2" and deapen them 4.5" to acomadate larger tires here are the pics

in this pic you can see where the edge is widened 2" and where the center was cut and a 4.5 inch strip added . This liner was cast from the original then modified to fit as needed

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 05-15-2005).]

dezie36

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2005 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dezie36Send a Private Message to dezie36Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ooops double post

[This message has been edited by dezie36 (edited 05-16-2005).]

dezie36

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2005 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dezie36Send a Private Message to dezie36Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dezie36

2501 posts
Member since Feb 2005

Originally posted by doublec4:

Here it is with the satin black roof... I knew I was forgetting something

Dont get me wrong.. I love what your doing in fact because of this... but is it me or does it have a Dodge Daytona thing going on?

rmphoto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2005 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rmphotoSend a Private Message to rmphotoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
where are the headlights on that thing? ^
DJWINNI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2005 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DJWINNISend a Private Message to DJWINNIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CONGRATULATIONS FOR YOUR WORK BUBBA!!!
really really nice work!!!

Originally posted by JetroGT:

Hear's a two tone version of doublec4s rendering. With a small red stripe at the bottom.

looks like my fiero when I bought it!

[This message has been edited by DJWINNI (edited 05-16-2005).]

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2005 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dezie36:

Dont get me wrong.. I love what your doing in fact because of this... but is it me or does it have a Dodge Daytona thing going on?

there is no daytona that ever looked like this car

PFF
System Bot
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2005 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
fitted the new inner fender and added the new front portion Glass as well . Also tok some pics showing how wide these are now when installed in the car .I will finish them with tuff stuf truck box coating to soften stone impacts on the liners

have a pic here showing how I cast the new liners

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2005 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jeez guys, its only a photoshop

It's not supposed to be super-realistic down to every detail... just a general idea of the direction it's headed so far.

fastlane68

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2005 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fastlane68Send a Private Message to fastlane68Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It doesn't need them since it is faster thant the speed of light it outruns the headlights so they are rendered useless.

BTW, I like the design, it reminds me of an NSX or F40

[This message has been edited by fastlane68 (edited 05-16-2005).]

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2005 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

Jeez guys, its only a photoshop

It's not supposed to be super-realistic down to every detail... just a general idea of the direction it's headed so far.

dont let them get under your skin it is only a rendering of whats to come

toddshotrods

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2005 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for toddshotrodsClick Here to visit toddshotrods's HomePageSend a Private Message to toddshotrodsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bubbajoe what brand of coil-overs are those?

------------------
Todd Perkins - the member formerly known as "perkidelic"
todd's hot rods

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2005 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by toddshotrods:

Bubbajoe what brand of coil-overs are those?

ECLIPES coil over set mounted to the stock shocks

toddshotrods

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2005 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for toddshotrodsClick Here to visit toddshotrods's HomePageSend a Private Message to toddshotrodsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, I'll have a preview for you in a day or so - I'll email the link.

------------------
Todd Perkins - the member formerly known as "perkidelic"
todd's hot rods

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2005 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Todd

been finishing the drivers side wheel whell linner and the DVD popup and the new power window switches and DVD lift switch will post progress pics sunday as more is done

Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2005 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Bubba, When do you estimate the completion of you build up to the point of paint and running?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock