Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  newest project (Page 78)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
newest project by bubbajoexxx
Started on: 09-12-2003 06:18 PM
Replies: 3111 (374102 views)
Last post by: Trinten on 04-23-2023 11:02 PM
Fiero2m8

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2017 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by David Hambleton:

So, Ryan, how are you coping with seller's remorse? Lol! Local buyer?

Hi David,

I guess it been like interviewing candidates to adopt your child
I've invested countless hours and money (that I did count) and had this project car almost a decade (much longer than any other car I've owned).
But it's time to let it go to someone who will enjoy it, tinker with it, and show it more than I have the past few years.

I was doing well coping until I started driving it almost daily the past couple weeks and chatting with crowds of locals when I stopped at a store etc.
Met I nice guy at the Parts Source this week and he said "I can't believe it's not sold yet - I first saw this car online in Australia! (there is no"For Sale" sign on the car).
I said yeah, "it's more famous online than locally so with great power, comes great responsibility".
Then I detailed it yesterday and it looked so good, I had trouble not becoming too attached again. D'OH! LOL

I've also given preference to non-local interested parties as I don't really like the idea of seeing it locally all the time (as the cool car I used to own...)
Hopefully the new owner will join the forum and maybe even post on this build thread
But I respect their privacy, so if nothing else there is a 78 page pictorial history of what went into this car which will be handy when replacement parts are needed in the future.

Speaking of new owner, as you gathered from Kijiji, I've accepted a reasonable serious offer to a good 'car guy' from Eastern Ontario.
Unique projects like this sell for what someone is willing to pay for it - and I fully get that as I've received a ton of enjoyment with it since I purchased it from Bubbajoe in 2008.
I'm proud it's going to what I think will be a good home and therefore plan to deliver Fiero2m8 this weekend.
It's comforting knowing he will make it his own and travel with it to shows so that more people can enjoy seeing and hearing it in real life

Now I'd like to share the pics I took yesterday after giving the "Newest Project" it's spring cleaning - so check them out in additional posts below.
It took me hours to detail it as every passerby stopped to check it out and chat - the younger generation is really interested learning PONTIAC made a mid-engine car.

Also a special thanks to all my Fiero friends I have met over the years at shows, part buying and selling and here on PFF.
Watch the Mall section as I'll be selling off the rest of my parts in "The Fiero Room".

BTW - Don't feel sorry for me as I already bought my next summer project car - another 2 seater and longtime dream car of mine...an Aston Martin Vantage !

Cheers, Ryan aka Fiero2m8
------------------

Indy Northstar-Stretch

[This message has been edited by Fiero2m8 (edited 05-05-2017).]

IP: Logged
Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2017 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero2m8

1928 posts
Member since Feb 2006

Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2017 01:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero2m8

1928 posts
Member since Feb 2006

Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2017 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero2m8

1928 posts
Member since Feb 2006

Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2017 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero2m8

1928 posts
Member since Feb 2006

GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2017 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero2m8:

That Grand AM interior though! :O
Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2017 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fiero Vampire

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2017 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think the universe is telling you to keep the car!
Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2017 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Vampire:

I think the universe is telling you to keep the car!

LOL well it was kinda good it didn't go as it's my daily driver for the next couple weeks....

Cash price has dropped to $15,000 CDN as of May 8th.

------------------

Indy Northstar-Stretch

David Hambleton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2017 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ryan, it's carma. It won't leave you.
Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2017 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by David Hambleton:

Ryan, it's carma. It won't leave you.

Yeah I called the runner up yesterday who offered $500 less but showed me the cash and he bought a Harley in the meantime
PFF
System Bot
Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2017 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had removed two license plate screws to make things easier when I sold the car.
That idea back fired as I lost a screw driving home from work.
It was hanging in front of the exhaust and melted the plastic license cover.
The look of the plate now and the fact Fiero2m8 is a 1984 has made it become a real conversation starter!

[This message has been edited by Fiero2m8 (edited 05-18-2017).]

Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2017 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm pleased to report that the Newest Project is SOLD and has found a new worthy owner.
Jay is local to Niagara and is in the auto refinishing industry, has a garage and is about the age I was when I bought the project from Bubbajoe.
I'm confident he will be able to DIY, give it some TLC and take this project to the next level.
After owning the Indy almost a decade, it was hard to let it go but I'm happy it's going to a good home.
It hasn't been getting my attention and use lately so I hope it will live on in any form for others to see and enjoy.

I invited the new owner to join Pennocks and continue posting on this build thread if he so chooses.
I'm sure I'll see it in the future at local cruises once he's had a chance to apply his personal touches to such a unique ride.

Cheers,
Ryan / Fiero2m8

P.S. since I no longer own any Fieros, I will be liquidating my parts so send me a PM or watch my Kijiji ads over the coming months.

Here are the last photos I took of the Newest Project and new owner Jay when it was being picked up on the weekend:

------------------

Indy Northstar-Stretch

Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2017 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats on the sale; glad it went to a good home!
Will

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2017 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is he having it shipped? Why'd it leave on a rollback?
Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2017 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will:

Is he having it shipped? Why'd it leave on a rollback?

While I was willing to deliver it since it's licensed and insured, he had pre-arranged the truck through his work contacts (since we had agreement on price prior to pickup).

[This message has been edited by Fiero2m8 (edited 08-23-2017).]

Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2017 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero2m8

1928 posts
Member since Feb 2006

Originally posted by Stubby79:

Congrats on the sale; glad it went to a good home!

Thanks, yes that was the most important part for me (when so much time and money had been invested...)
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2017 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder what's happening? It's listed for sale here:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cla...hNavigationFlag=true

Edit: The ad is gone as of 13Sep2017.

[This message has been edited by David Hambleton (edited 09-13-2017).]

Indyproject

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2017 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyprojectSend a Private Message to IndyprojectEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like to introduce myself as the new owner of the newest project. I'm Gary from Cambridge Ontario, I purchased the car on October 28/ 2017. I'm really excited to keep this little gem going and adding some personal touches to it. I have followed this build for a long time, never thinking I would be the owner someday. I will keep the thread alive and let people know whats happening with this car (build)
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2017 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forum. Please keep the thread updated as you put your personal touch on the car.
Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2017 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Gary and welcome to the forum.
Let me know if you are interested in any spare parts for the project. If you've seen them in this build thread, they are likely available.
PFF
System Bot
Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2017 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check out The Mall section if anyone wants parts from the newest projects.

Cheers,
Ryan
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2018 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
!
Tex06

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2019 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tex06Send a Private Message to Tex06Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, I just found this. Any updates in the past 2 years?

Originally posted by Indyproject:

I would like to introduce myself as the new owner of the newest project. I'm Gary from Cambridge Ontario, I purchased the car on October 28/ 2017. I'm really excited to keep this little gem going and adding some personal touches to it. I have followed this build for a long time, never thinking I would be the owner someday. I will keep the thread alive and let people know whats happening with this car (build)

longjonsilver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2019 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for longjonsilverClick Here to visit longjonsilver's HomePageSend a Private Message to longjonsilverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Absolutely stupendous car. Congrads on all who built and designed this piece of art
jon
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2019 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Indyproject on 11-05-2017:

I will keep the thread alive and let people know whats happening with this car (build).

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 04-01-2019).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2021 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Indyproject:

I've always wondered what happened to this car, since we never did hear back from the new owner after his one post above from more than 3-1/2 years ago. Today, while on Facebook to check for messages, I was rather surprised to be presented with a post by the owner of this car from the Fiero FB group. I am a member of that group (only signed up out of curiosity years ago) which allows me to see the posts, but as I find the FB group experience to be mostly a total waste of time, I seldom ever actually go visit the Fiero FB group.

Anyway, the car is still alive. It's kind of a shame though, that after a lot of us followed the development of this very unique Fiero here at PFF, that it just sort of disappeared into the sunset.
Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2021 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:
Anyway, the car is still alive. It's kind of a shame though, that after a lot of us followed the development of this very unique Fiero here at PFF, that it just sort of disappeared into the sunset.

Thanks for the update Patrick.
I am hoping to see it again both online and at a gathering sometime.
I guess the amount of updates may have slowed compared to this build thread.

For me, I started another project all over again, modifying my Aston Martin Vantage over the past 4 years (42 page build thread w/ 75k views):
https://www.6speedonline.co...-ontario-canada.html

I still check out every Fiero and chat with the owners whenever I see them.
Cheers, Ryan

------------------

Indy Northstar-Stretch

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2021 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

For me, I started another project all over again, modifying my Aston Martin Vantage over the past 4 years (42 page build thread w/ 75k views):

Greetings from Niagara, Ontario, Canada

Great thread, Ryan! Beautiful car. I like your two assistants.

La fiera

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2022 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for the update Patrick.
I am hoping to see it again both online and at a gathering sometime.
I guess the amount of updates may have slowed compared to this build thread.

https://www.6speedonline.co...-ontario-canada.html

I still check out every Fiero and chat with the owners whenever I see them.
Cheers, Ryan

Nice! but not as unique as the Fiero!

Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2023 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

Posting here post pandemic.

I'm pleased to report the Indy has a new home in MD, USA!
Steve purchased it from Gary last fall.
Hopefully I'll get to see some updated pics of it in the future.

I've been busy on the new project car this year.
A 1978 Pontiac Firebird known as RyeBird.
I'm just the 2nd owner of this low mileage example.
I have started a Resto-Mod project on it after its 25 year slumber in my in-laws garage.

I have a car lift now (and a second garage) which makes the hobby of working on project cars even more fun!

Cheers,
Ryan from Niagara
aka
Fiero2m8
007V8Vantage
RyeBird78

------------------

Indy Northstar-Stretch

PFF
System Bot
Trinten

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2023 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any word if the new owner will be registering it for the GM Nationals in Carlisle (since that is pretty close to them?) or going to be at the 40th? I'd love to see the car in person.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock