Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  newest project (Page 65)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
newest project by bubbajoexxx
Started on: 09-12-2003 06:18 PM
Replies: 3111 (374102 views)
Last post by: Trinten on 04-23-2023 11:02 PM
Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2011 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bubbajoexxx:

He did not ask me what the torque was for the flywheel but it is 45 ftlbs on 8 mm 12.9 thats the yeld for that spacific bolt and for the stock bolts its the same

The porsche bolts he is refuring to are 13 mm x 1.25 , 12.9 and they use 75 ftlbs yeld

The stock Northstar flywheel bolts are not 12.9 (might even be 8.8) and are torqued to yield via a torque + angle process.
IP: Logged
Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2011 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Will

14226 posts
Member since Jun 2000

if it was aluminum it would not hurt to much but the case is magnesium and the torque output of the starter is extreemly high turning an engine with 11
:1 compresson so the load is transfered to the case and the starter ring takes that force as the starter has a collar that fits tight in the starter ring

Has anyone actually broken it? The bolts do so much more than the ring...
Fiero2m8

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2011 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On the water pump bolt issue, I considered opening the clearance hole a little but ended up taking the extra time to temp slide the transaxle back an inch, tighten and reinstall.

For the flywheel yes the GM manual mentions torque + degree yield but I am not using a stock flywheel or bolts.
I feel 60 is comfortably between 45 and 75 ft/lbs and I can confirm using new 12.9 bolts.

TDC cylinder #1 is very important for my crank sensor.
I got my info online based on the Northstar being installed transverse in a Cadillac.
Please post a diagram on the Northstar cylinders numbered please since I have conflicting info.

As far as updates, I picked up the rest of the painted panels tonight except the rear clip and roof panel - they'll be done in a couple weeks.
bubbajoexxx

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2011 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
when facing the front of the engine number one is on your left side

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 03-03-2011).]

Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2011 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero2m8:

For the flywheel yes the GM manual mentions torque + degree yield but I am not using a stock flywheel or bolts.
I feel 60 is comfortably between 45 and 75 ft/lbs and I can confirm using new 12.9 bolts.

Doesn't matter what 60 is comfortably between if it's way too much for the bolts.
http://www.cncexpo.com/MetricBoltTorque.aspx
I use the factory torque + angle procedure on 12.9 bolts on my flywheel, and can confirm that they are permanently deformed by the procedure.

TDC cylinder #1 is very important for my crank sensor.
I got my info online based on the Northstar being installed transverse in a Cadillac.
Please post a diagram on the Northstar cylinders numbered please since I have conflicting info.

The Northstar has right bank forward. #1 is the forward cylinder in the right bank.
This contrasts with LS1 and SBC engines, which have the left bank forward.
If you timed your trigger wheel to the forward cylinder in the left bank, then you timed it to #2 and it's 90 degrees off.

https://images.fiero.nl/2011/3F369BA.jpg

Doesn't matter where it is in the car if the engine's on the stand. Northstars have the right bank forward, as I mentioned above.
Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2011 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will:
If you timed your trigger wheel to the forward cylinder in the left bank, then you timed it to #2 and it's 90 degrees off.

So Will would I need to rotate the relucter wheel 90 degrees counterclockwise, correct?
That should be the easiest method with the motor now in the car.

I use the factory torque + angle procedure on 12.9 bolts on my flywheel, and can confirm that they are permanently deformed by the procedure.

So what are you suggesting Will other than we both have deformed bolts on our flywheels?
I need to make a decision if I should be ripping everything apart to replace the bolts with another new set at some lower torque setting.
If 30ft lbs (377in lbs) is the bolts limit as per that link you provided, I would expect bolts to be snapping at double that torque or that 30 isn't tight enough for this application.

Yes Bubbajoe, there are Cadillac forums telling people the #1 spark plug is the rear bank near the front of the passenger door - no wonder I'm so confused
Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2011 06:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So Will would I need to rotate the relucter wheel 90 degrees counterclockwise, correct?
That should be the easiest method with the motor now in the car.

So what are you suggesting Will other than we both have deformed bolts on our flywheels?
I need to make a decision if I should be ripping everything apart to replace the bolts with another new set at some lower torque setting.
If 30ft lbs (377in lbs) is the bolts limit as per that link you provided, I would expect bolts to be snapping at double that torque or that 30 isn't tight enough for this application.

Yes Bubbajoe, there are Cadillac forums telling people the #1 spark plug is the rear bank near the front of the passenger door - no wonder I'm so confused

Not sure what's in the way in your chassis, but the right cam cover's not hard to pull off by itself. It shouldn't be that hard to actually find TDC an retime it.
Theoretically, yes, you could just turn it 90 degrees. What ignition controller are you using? Do you want to set the trigger wheel bias by trial and error? When you don't know what other problems you might have in the system that will keep the engine from running right?
BTW, you have a '00 or newer engine, right? How will your ignition include the '99 and older coil pack?

As or the flywheel bolts, take the idea of simple torque and throw it away. Use the factory torque + angle procedure, as it's been proven to work.
Torque + angle is far more precise way to stretch a bolt than simple torque anyway.
Yes, pulling the trans to play with flywheel bolts is a pain. I've had to do it too.
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2011 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here Ryan cant make it easier this pic shows where number one cylinder is

Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2011 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FYI, #1 is in the right bank

The Northstar has right bank forward. #1 is the forward cylinder in the right bank.
This contrasts with LS1 and SBC engines, which have the left bank forward.
Doesn't matter where it is in the car if the engine's on the stand. Northstars have the right bank forward, as I mentioned above.

https://images.fiero.nl/2011/3F369BA.jpg

Guys, you are both right and better yet I timed the correct cylinder as #1TDC.

When I re-read the posts and noticed Will didn't post any pics, I checked the GM service manual and of course you're both right.
I was thinking how could two guys so familiar with the Northstar give different answers on something as basic as cylinder numbering...
I started the whole thing by saying "Left side" because I was referring to the picture in the previous post.
Bubbajoe also said "Left side when viewing from the front".
Will referred to "Right Bank is number 1" which is also correct.
GM describes left and right while sitting in the driver's seat so in a longitudinal setup the left bank is the drivers side and right the passenger side.
Since it becomes slightly confusing when the engine is transverse, I looked up the cam covers (valve covers).
GM calls the one with the oil filler cap and water pump drive hole the left bank and the other is right bank (has PVC hole).
When you view the picture above taken aerial from behind the engine the right side is the right bank.
If I face the motor's front it would be my left (same cylinder as "right bank").
You also notice that this is the closest cylinder to the harmonic balancer so it is #1 when you use the method of pushing V into inline arrangement for numbering cylinders.
I posted this to benefit a future forum member new to Northstar's looking for resolution on this dicussion.

Thanks, Fiero2m8

Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2011 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero2m8

1928 posts
Member since Feb 2006
Regarding the flywheel bolts, here are the GM fastener tightening specifications

Application - Flywheel
Diameter - M8
Size (mm) Pitch - 1.25
Length - 17
Drive - 15
Property class - 10.9
Adhesive/sealant - 12346004
N*M - 15+ 50 degrees
lb/ft - 11+ 50 degrees

I used grade 12.9 at 60lb/ft and concede I exceeded the recommended torque above.
Bubbajoe said he measured the torque after 11+50 degrees and he got reading of 45lb/ft.
However I am planning a future upgrade project to go from 215mm to a 225mm clutch, pressure plate and flywheel.
For this reason, I have made the executive decision to leave the current setup as is.

Today I came home to these in the mailbox:

Tomorrow I'll be installing them and working on plumbing all new hard and flex brake lines...TTYL.

Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2011 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I used grade 12.9 at 60lb/ft and concede I exceeded the recommended torque above.
Bubbajoe said he measured the torque after 11+50 degrees and he got reading of 45lb/ft.

This is what happens when you overtorque flywheel bolts and they back out: http://realfierotech.com/ph...=overtorque&start=60
PFF
System Bot
Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2011 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Will

14226 posts
Member since Jun 2000
And the Cylinder #1 thing isn't that complicated... The car doesn't care where #1 is... only the engine cares about that. The engine (ie, on a stand) has a pretty obvious front and back, which gives it a pretty obvious left and right...
Trying to locate an engine feature in "car coordinates" doesn't work well when the coordinate frames don't line up.

[This message has been edited by Will (edited 03-04-2011).]

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2011 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is what happens when you overtorque flywheel bolts and they back out: http://realfierotech.com/ph...=overtorque&start=60

been there had a flywheel and clutch come off a boss 302 ford in a pinto the flywheel and clutch came though the floor and dash and stoped as it cut through the winshield very scarry at 3000 rpm lucky i did not loose my feet
Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2011 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree with you Will and I read the RFT thread where you got your information.

I'm just saying that with the 12.9 bolts, red loctite and lockwashers I used, I expect my flywheel to stay on despite that it is on tighter than GM recommended.
They didn't recommend a Porsche 914 transaxle either but I drove it for two years to prove the engineering works.
I'm also glad the flywheel is well behind me after hearing Bubbajoe's experience.

Will, I read your whole build thread, nice project you have there.
We share a passion for the Fiero.
Our approach to building a project car varies probably due to different backgrounds, but thats what makes us uniquely human.

------------------

Indy Northstar-Stretch ~ LT1-NOS Roadster

Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2011 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero2m8

1928 posts
Member since Feb 2006
Z06 Rear Sway bar is installed - OEM from GM with 2002 Z06 aluminum sway bar end links (not the plastic ones)

I used Prothane polyuranthane universal greasable sway bar mounts with grade 10.9 bolts

My front sway bar is 28mm and this rear one is 25mm
Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2011 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm just saying that with the 12.9 bolts, red loctite and lockwashers I used, I expect my flywheel to stay on despite that it is on tighter than GM recommended.

Well... it's your engine and flywheel...
My opinion is that Steven's flywheel bolts backed out because they relaxed first and lost tension, due to dramatic overtorque. Bolts are one of those things which you just can't examine in situ to see how healthy they are.

Will, I read your whole build thread, nice project you have there.

Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Will (edited 03-05-2011).]

Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2011 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finished up installing all new brake lines and Russell braided flex hoses

Hmmm, I might cross drill the rear rotors to match the front ones...

Corvette scoops needed a lot of finish work but the end result was worth it

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking Fantastic!!!!

Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd Getrag
Lowering Springs
Konis
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000099.html

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

Isolde

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 133
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IsoldeSend a Private Message to IsoldeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hood turned out excellent! Dogcreek's Porvette will be so jealous.
MadDogMincher

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDogMincherSend a Private Message to MadDogMincherEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tell Me what you guys think about this!
/Users/dgorski31/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2011/Mar 6, 2011/DSCN0309.JPG
/Users/dgorski31/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2011/Mar 6, 2011/DSCN0310.JPG
/Users/dgorski31/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2011/Mar 6, 2011/DSCN0311.JPG
/Users/dgorski31/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2011/Mar 6, 2011/DSCN0312.JPG
/Users/dgorski31/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2011/Mar 6, 2011/DSCN0313.JPG
/Users/dgorski31/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2011/Mar 6, 2011/DSCN0314.JPG
/Users/dgorski31/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2011/Mar 6, 2011/DSCN0315.JPG
/Users/dgorski31/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2011/Mar 6, 2011/DSCN0316.JPG
/Users/dgorski31/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2011/Mar 6, 2011/DSCN0317.JPG
/Users/dgorski31/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2011/Mar 6, 2011/DSCN0318.JPG
/Users/dgorski31/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2011/Mar 6, 2011/DSCN0320.JPG
/Users/dgorski31/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2011/Mar 6, 2011/DSCN0319.JPG
/Users/dgorski31/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2011/Mar 6, 2011/DSCN0321.JPG
/Users/dgorski31/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2011/Mar 6, 2011/DSCN0322.JPG
/Users/dgorski31/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2011/Mar 6, 2011/DSCN0323.JPG
/Users/dgorski31/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2011/Mar 6, 2011/DSCN0324.JPG
/Users/dgorski31/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2011/Mar 6, 2011/DSCN0325.JPG
/Users/dgorski31/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2011/Mar 6, 2011/DSCN0326.JPG
MadDogMincher

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDogMincherSend a Private Message to MadDogMincherEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MadDogMincher

45 posts
Member since Mar 2011
Hey you guys, Im new to the site ... How do I post a picture???? Trying to cut and paste from my hard drive but no luck
PFF
System Bot
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadDogMincher:

Hey you guys, Im new to the site ... How do I post a picture???? Trying to cut and paste from my hard drive but no luck

down load PIP at the bottom of the screen for loading pics
Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Exhaust is complete after installing stainless hardware and these collector gaskets

I've always had good experience with dead soft aluminum collector gaskets.

Also ordered a set of 4 MSD ignition coils like these

Next I'm working on the engine coolant plumbing.
Bubbajoe, please chime in with the correct fill procedure on this - should be simplier than a stock Fiero.
Also I was wondering if I need a special tool to install the water pump drive pulley...
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2011 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Exhaust is complete after installing stainless hardware and these collector gaskets

I've always had good experience with dead soft aluminum collector gaskets.

Also ordered a set of 4 MSD ignition coils like these

Next I'm working on the engine coolant plumbing.
Bubbajoe, please chime in with the correct fill procedure on this - should be simplier than a stock Fiero.
Also I was wondering if I need a special tool to install the water pump drive pulley...

to fill the system is so simple it hurts put every thing back togetter as it was before take the cap off the recovery tank and fill no burping needed just fill till full start the car run till warm and top off the tank

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 03-08-2011).]

Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2011 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

to fill the system is so simple it hurts put every thing back togetter as it was before take the cap off the recovery tank and fill no burping needed just fill till full start the car run till warm and top off the tank

Thanks, nice hearing good news for a change
MadDogMincher

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2011 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDogMincherSend a Private Message to MadDogMincherEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, I wanted to post some pics for you, but I have a MAC and the download for PIP is ony for PC ...... SOOOOOoooooooo........ I made a construction vid on youtube for you all to see. Sorry its my first time making a slideshow. next time I will include sound from a song or something. please post comments either here or on youtube.... I would love to hear what you think .... If you read the video description, you will see a little history of my fiero idea.
MadDogMincher

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2011 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDogMincherSend a Private Message to MadDogMincherEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MadDogMincher

45 posts
Member since Mar 2011
LOL ...... oh yea ...... here is the link to the vid .... ENJOY!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC_FG_5AzMk
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2011 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadDogMincher:

LOL ...... oh yea ...... here is the link to the vid .... ENJOY!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC_FG_5AzMk

Cool, but umm... it doesn't really have much to do with this thread.

If you start a new topic in the general area, then you'll get more posts of what you're looking for. If you keep updating that thread, it will get moved to the construction zone. Hope it helps
Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bubba,

Looking to buy a new filter and gasket for the fuel regulator - where can I find them? www.cip1.ca

Also, is the fuel pump a stock Fiero 4cyl pump or something else?

[This message has been edited by Fiero2m8 (edited 03-10-2011).]

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2011 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bubba,

Looking to buy a new filter and gasket for the fuel regulator - where can I find them? www.cip1.ca

Also, is the fuel pump a stock Fiero 4cyl pump or something else?

http://www.cip1.ca/ProductD...de=C23%2DAC133%2D050 call the 800 number and ask for the filter for this part
Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2011 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cooling system is almost finished
All new stainless clamps and about half of the rad hoses are new.

For the heater hoses, I went with stainless steel flex hoses that are chrome plated.
Just need some proper clamps to finish mounting them.

Also installed the slave cylinder and removed the rear rotors for cross drilling to match the fronts.
Working on fuel and vacuum lines next...
PFF
System Bot
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2011 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
get those hoses away from the headers or you will boil the waterout and cause an air lock the headers produce too much heat for the hoses to be that close
Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2011 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

get those hoses away from the headers or you will boil the waterout and cause an air lock the headers produce too much heat for the hoses to be that close

10-4 Joe, will post the reroute this week.
Fiero2m8
Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2011 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
8mm Mallory spark plug wires are installed

Used thermal protection sleeving by Taylor

Wire ends and boots are MSD

New MSD coils should arrive next week

Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2011 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero2m8

1928 posts
Member since Feb 2006
Worked on a new PVC vacuum system...

Here is the manifold to draw vacuum from all 8 carbs evenly to the pcv valve

I came up with this idea for improved esthetics to conceal the vacuum lines

Here you can see the vacuum lines installed with chrome tubing

I'm also considering modifying a Northstar intake cover to conceal the throttle cable and engine valley
Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2011 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero2m8

1928 posts
Member since Feb 2006
Oil cooler installed and going to build a vented cover to protect it the exposed fins

Also reassembled the shift linkage using the Fiero cables to the Porsche shifter rod

Next week I'll be working on the clutch and fuel system plumbing

I'm also brainstorming on how to beautiful the wiring and/or conceal more of it from view.
It's coming together slow and steady
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2011 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice jod on the rerout and wires and vac lines keep it up you make me proud

by the way put the bushing back in the adapter plate I see it is pushed out

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 03-19-2011).]

Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2011 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nice jod on the rerout and wires and vac lines keep it up you make me proud

by the way put the bushing back in the adapter plate I see it is pushed out

Thanks Joe, your approval is valued.
Yes I noticed the sleeve when I posted the picture.
The shifter movement is stiff at the moment so I will need to check that out later too.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2011 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sorry on the crude photoshop

not the same cover but its available now
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...&hash=item4aa8ff15b2
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock