Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  newest project (Page 52)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
newest project by bubbajoexxx
Started on: 09-12-2003 06:18 PM
Replies: 3111 (374092 views)
Last post by: Trinten on 04-23-2023 11:02 PM
bubbajoexxx

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2007 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Daviero:

Bubbajoe, I made a post for some discussion on Audi 5000 transmissions at //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/080274.html. Do you have anything you might add?
Thanks,
Dave.

link not found
the audi 5000 transaxle is a good unit as long as you do not over toruqe it as they but out the main shaft bearing if pushed to extreems
IP: Logged
Daviero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2007 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DavieroSend a Private Message to DavieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BubbaJoe - I editted the link - its correct now. I'm wondering about the auto transaxle vrs the 5 spd. Auto's seem more plentifull in the yards - two here in Thunder Bay. No 5 spds. I don't want to (interpret: can't afford to) spend the big bucks on a rebuilt.

------------------
Daviero - 88 N* GT

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2007 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Daviero:

BubbaJoe - I editted the link - its correct now. I'm wondering about the auto transaxle vrs the 5 spd. Auto's seem more plentifull in the yards - two here in Thunder Bay. No 5 spds. I don't want to (interpret: can't afford to) spend the big bucks on a rebuilt.

unless you are getting a 90+ auto dont bother the early ones are not that good many problems with second gear

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 02-11-2007).]

formula400

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2007 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for formula400Send a Private Message to formula400Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you Thank you
for all that you have to offer
inspritation is but the seed

Thank you for planting it

Good luck
formula400

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2007 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for formula400Send a Private Message to formula400Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.streetdreamsbyro...av_sdhh6/sdhh6_nv.rm
Look at this can you do this for your glass trunk
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2007 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't believe this thread started in 2003... it is now 2007 and the madness continues. I was looking back on some pages and I'm glad I can say I had some part in the direction of certain areas of the car. If any other photoshops or anything are needed, let me know!

------------------

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2007 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

I can't believe this thread started in 2003... it is now 2007 and the madness continues. I was looking back on some pages and I'm glad I can say I had some part in the direction of certain areas of the car. If any other photoshops or anything are needed, let me know!

all your help has inspired me to make change to the better and hope you will continue as most others have
I thank all of you very much for the ideas and assistance you have given from the bottom of my heart

Bubbajoexxx
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2007 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Speaking of tranny's... Bubba... do you mind if I back you up to the early days of your project?

Is your Porsche tranny for a 930... or a different model (I think that is what R Runner is using on his tubed IMSA, so I was curious if yours was the same)?
4sp or 5sp?

I think the photos I was looking at were on page 6.... and I can't tell one tranny from another.
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2007 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

Speaking of tranny's... Bubba... do you mind if I back you up to the early days of your project?

Is your Porsche tranny for a 930... or a different model (I think that is what R Runner is using on his tubed IMSA, so I was curious if yours was the same)?
4sp or 5sp?

I think the photos I was looking at were on page 6.... and I can't tell one tranny from another.

5spd 902 out of a 914 porsche
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2007 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bubbajoexxx:

5spd 902 out of a 914 porsche

Crazy looking critter. I am used to looking transverse mounted auto's though!

Isn't a 914 rated less than 100hp?
I know you may not flog on your creation when it's done... but I am curious if your tranny choice will be able to handle the 300hp/tq that your carb'd N* is going to try to put to the ground?

Take my question with a grain of salt... I have no experience in this sort of thing. I do like that it is a 5sp though, and the engineering work to make the shift linkage brackets. Part doesn't exist?... No Problem. Bubba just makes one....

(edit for spelling)

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 02-16-2007).]

BoostedSeries1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2007 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostedSeries1Send a Private Message to BoostedSeries1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any more progress on the front suspension modifications?
PFF
System Bot
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2007 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

Crazy looking critter. I am used to looking transverse mounted auto's though!

Isn't a 914 rated less than 100hp?
I know you may not flog on your creation when it's done... but I am curious if your tranny choice will be able to handle the 300hp/tq that your carb'd N* is going to try to put to the ground?

Take my question with a grain of salt... I have no experience in this sort of thing. I do like that it is a 5sp though, and the engineering work to make the shift linkage brackets. Part doesn't exist?... No Problem. Bubba just makes one....

(edit for spelling)

if you look at the specs on this transaxle it is 500 hp better than the 915
Porsche928DRP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2007 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Porsche928DRPClick Here to visit Porsche928DRP's HomePageSend a Private Message to Porsche928DRPEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know of some guys in the Porsche club putting out over 500hp in their 914's. These trannys are made to take a beating on a race track, you should have no problems with it.
midengineracer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2007 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for midengineracerClick Here to visit midengineracer's HomePageSend a Private Message to midengineracerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The transaxle in the 914 came from the 911 (it is flipped over, hence the tail shifter for the first few years). Porsche didn't build a nice weak unit to use in their weaker car (which, by the way also came with the 911 6-cylinder for the first two years), they just used what they were already making.
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2007 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by midengineracer:

The transaxle in the 914 came from the 911 (it is flipped over, hence the tail shifter for the first few years). Porsche didn't build a nice weak unit to use in their weaker car (which, by the way also came with the 911 6-cylinder for the first two years), they just used what they were already making.

the 914 transaxle is 914 specific it uses 912 gears but the case is desined for use with the 914 not a 912 as the diff is revesed in the case and can not be flipped back

here are some pics so you can see the differance in transaxles

the above pics are for the 911 and 912 transaxles

these are the early 914 transaxles

and the late model 914 that i am using

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 03-11-2007).]

formula400

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2007 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for formula400Send a Private Message to formula400Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
any pics of the body as of lately
Dr.Porsche

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2007 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dr.PorscheSend a Private Message to Dr.PorscheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have not read the entire post, but I had a '74 2.0L 914 sideshifter, and first gear is notrious for being weak. Somehow I think you already know that though
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2007 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dr.Porsche:

Have not read the entire post, but I had a '74 2.0L 914 sideshifter, and first gear is notrious for being weak. Somehow I think you already know that though

first gear is for parking only
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2007 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well got back to do some work today and installed the electric vaccum brake will post the pics tomorrow when i have it all wired up
OH10fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2007 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OH10fieroSend a Private Message to OH10fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any updates???
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2007 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OH10fiero:

Any updates???

hope to get alot of work done this week end as lone as the sun stays out
PFF
System Bot
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2007 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here is what I started on today I ducted in the rads solid to the side scoops and will then build shark gills to shape the opening
with the ducting the air flow thourgh the rdads is force feed at any speed above 10 KLM and the fans pull air like crazy now thought the rads

Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2007 04:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BubbaJoe never ceases to amaze me ..
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2007 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think it needs one of these decals.

[This message has been edited by Cheever3000 (edited 04-21-2007).]

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2007 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

I think it needs one of these decals.

would not want to be a low flin bird
1fastcaddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2007 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fastcaddySend a Private Message to 1fastcaddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
do you think your dist. setup would work on a 96+ motor? If so, could you make me one? Drew

------------------

1985 GT Fastback
Low Original Miles at 41,506!!!
01 Cavalier Z24 16" wheels
KYB shocks
KYB struts with coilovers-coming soon

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2007 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1fastcaddy:

do you think your dist. setup would work on a 96+ motor? If so, could you make me one? Drew

the cost would kill your buget the prototype cost me 1600 just in machine work not including material
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2007 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
in the next few months I will be desining a mount to put a stock style dist on the water pump drive on the cam
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2007 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow... what a long project! Keep up the good work & I definitely wants to see this thing finished!!
Kaleb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2007 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KalebSend a Private Message to KalebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bubbajoexxx, do you have any full body pictures of the car..feel free to post alot...pictures = happiness

-Kaleb
Kaleb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2007 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KalebSend a Private Message to KalebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kaleb

240 posts
Member since Jan 2007

Originally posted by bubbajoexxx:

btw you've come a looooong way
QUOTE]Originally posted by bubbajoexxx:

[/QUOTE]

great work..this is definately one of the coolest fieros out there

-Kaleb

PFF
System Bot
DJWINNI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2007 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DJWINNISend a Private Message to DJWINNIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2007 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DJWINNI:

bump

what he said
Kaleb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2007 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KalebSend a Private Message to KalebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More pics more pics more pics...of body engine wheels everything love this car ..bump for some updates
TM_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2007 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TM_FieroSend a Private Message to TM_FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump, Been any progress lately?
GlennGdman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2007 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GlennGdmanSend a Private Message to GlennGdmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bubbajoexxx sorry if this was asked / answered before but what year pontiac 6000 uprights did you use for your brake conversion with the s-10 hubs? I couldn't seem to find that info anywhere.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2007 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What's the rating on that tranny puppy compared to the Pont G6 6-speed?

these are the early 914 transaxles

------------------

"Anyone can make a copy of something, it may look good but it never is the real car. Make something from your imagination, something unique, something nobody has, anything is possible and, ideas can be a reality and Archie and the Crew and make your Dreams into a reality."

GlennGdman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2007 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GlennGdmanSend a Private Message to GlennGdmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
does anyone know what year uprights and s-10 hubs were used?
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2007 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GlennGdman:

bubbajoexxx sorry if this was asked / answered before but what year pontiac 6000 uprights did you use for your brake conversion with the s-10 hubs? I couldn't seem to find that info anywhere.

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2007 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003

Originally posted by GlennGdman:

does anyone know what year uprights and s-10 hubs were used?

86 to 90
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock