Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  newest project (Page 46)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
newest project by bubbajoexxx
Started on: 09-12-2003 06:18 PM
Replies: 3111 (374103 views)
Last post by: Trinten on 04-23-2023 11:02 PM
DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2006 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hands down the best custom Fiero I have ever seen!! Awesome work!! Have you driven it much yet?
IP: Logged
PBJ

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2006 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PBJSend a Private Message to PBJEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look'n good! I am impressed. Are you able to bring your car to London on Aug 12th? It would make a nice show piece even if it is not yet perfect.

Pete

------------------

countach711

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2006 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for countach711Click Here to visit countach711's HomePageSend a Private Message to countach711Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have to admit after studying the pics a bit more is that one of the things I like about it is the nose-up attitude of the front end. It's kind of reminicent of the 60's gassers. I bet you don't plan to leave it that way, but you could always change it later! Plus it would save your sweet front end. Not sure how it would look in person, but it sure makes for some sweet photographs that way! I might have a similar rake on my Countach, but not that severe if I do.
Chump

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2006 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChumpClick Here to visit Chump's HomePageSend a Private Message to ChumpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want one

My vote is to keep it white.
BtotheB

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2006 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BtotheBClick Here to visit BtotheB's HomePageSend a Private Message to BtotheBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks great!!! Been a favorite of mine since the first or second page...

You probably have a colour picked out already, but my vote is for a nice deep metallic blue.

Brad
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2006 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PBJ:

Look'n good! I am impressed. Are you able to bring your car to London on Aug 12th? It would make a nice show piece even if it is not yet perfect.

Pete

I am in the process of improving the fuel system and waiting for parts from ebay to get here
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2006 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003

Originally posted by countach711:

I have to admit after studying the pics a bit more is that one of the things I like about it is the nose-up attitude of the front end. It's kind of reminicent of the 60's gassers. I bet you don't plan to leave it that way, but you could always change it later! Plus it would save your sweet front end. Not sure how it would look in person, but it sure makes for some sweet photographs that way! I might have a similar rake on my Countach, but not that severe if I do.

front suspension will be lowered 1 inch once the body is complete as for the nose it is exactly as you see it in the fotos no camera trick here

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 07-17-2006).]

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2006 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003

Originally posted by BtotheB:

Looks great!!! Been a favorite of mine since the first or second page...

You probably have a colour picked out already, but my vote is for a nice deep metallic blue.

Brad

the color that I am looking for is on this car tangerine pearl
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2006 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well I made the mould and am waiting for it to totaly harden before I start cutting it up to form the rear bumper ext.here are the progress pics so far

this is the shell I started with

a generous coat of gell coat

then a good layer of glass and resin over the whole surface
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2006 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
once the shell is filled with glass and resin alow it to firm up then pull out the plug

because fiberglass`wont stick to plastic it pull out of the bumper shell easy

as you see here in the pics
fiero go fast

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2006 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero go fastSend a Private Message to fiero go fastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bubba you have a pm.
PFF
System Bot
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2006 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fiero go fast:

Bubba you have a pm.

got yha
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2006 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I guess entering a Fiero show in the 'Stock' class is right out... huh?

<----- (ducks and runs away, giggling)
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2006 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well here is todays progress

this is a true bolt on part will have more done tomorrow choising exactly where to cut the shell is a pain

cire36

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2006 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cire36Send a Private Message to cire36Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice.
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2006 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rain ,rain ,and more rain its holding up progress on finishing the rear hope it better weather tomorrow
fieroX

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 372
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2006 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ill trade you weather bubba. We havent had rain in 2 weeks. It hit 111 degrees today.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2006 02:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Am I the only one who prefers the clean look of this beautiful car without the additional Mini sidemarker lights?

Maybe it's just me, but I think those lights look out of place on this sleek machine.
rmphoto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2006 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rmphotoSend a Private Message to rmphotoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:
Maybe it's just me, but I think those lights look out of place on this sleek machine.

agreed. two side markers on each side is too much.

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2006 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rmphoto:

agreed. two side markers on each side is too much.

they are not side markers they are side signals and only work with the turn signals the orange lenses will be replaced with flat clear lenses
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2006 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bubbajoexxx:

they are not side markers they are side signals...

There's a difference?

Whatever those lights are called, it just seems redundant and too "busy" with them installed IMHO.

Bubba, I feel that being critical of anything you've done with this beautiful car is similar to someone criticizing the way Leonardo Da Vinci painted the Mona Lisa’s smile. Having said that however, I offer my one small critique (for what it's worth) along with the greatest respect for your work.

PFF
System Bot
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2006 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There's a difference?

Whatever those lights are called, it just seems redundant and too "busy" with them installed IMHO.

Bubba, I feel that being critical of anything you've done with this beautiful car is similar to someone criticizing the way Leonardo Da Vinci painted the Mona Lisa’s smile. Having said that however, I offer my one small critique (for what it's worth) along with the greatest respect for your work.

your opinion is welcome and I enjoy hereing from everone didnot mean to offend you if I did I apoligise
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2006 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
here is todays progress

first off I tapped the area That I wanted to make a mold of

then covered the tapped area with a layer of fiberglass makin sure not to go outside ot the tape

when semi hard removed the glass form

this is now the piece that will be used to bolt to the car
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2006 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003

this pice is then repositioned on the car and bolted in pace

with tape removed no marks on the original surface

now I fiberglassed the premade section to the bolt on mold

more tomorrow
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2006 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...did not mean to offend you if I did I apoligise

Heaven's no, I wasn't offended. I just wanted it to be clear I didn't wish to offend YOU !

This car is fantastic. Thanks so much for continuing to chronicle your progress here.

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2006 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Heaven's no, I wasn't offended. I just wanted it to be clear I didn't wish to offend YOU !

This car is fantastic. Thanks so much for continuing to chronicle your progress here.

none taken
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2006 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003

the area in black will be cut out and filled with aluminum mesh

dont let the pic fool you the center is not bonded together yet so it looks crooked
they will also be stands on either side of the plate opening
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2006 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Damned, that's cool. Thumbs up man...

Bob
ezramore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2006 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ezramoreSend a Private Message to ezramoreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just need the little jet engine like on the bat mobile and its done. Just kidding. looks great thus far.

------------------
Ezra
88 Fiero 2M4

Fiero Owner

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2006 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero OwnerSend a Private Message to Fiero OwnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Damn this car looks good, keeps getting better and better. Keep up the great work!
RUNDLC

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2006 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RUNDLCSend a Private Message to RUNDLCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bubbajoexxx! You are the man!! This is one sweet conversion. Even though I only have a fiero chassis I sure like what you have done! Keep up the good work and boy do I wish you lived near me in cali. LOL LOL LOL

RUNDLC
PFF
System Bot
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2006 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks guy,s

I am hoping to have the rear done in the next couple days and start on the new exhaust tips and finish the rear hatch .Then I will start the extras I have planed for the spoiler then final prep and off to the paint shop
BERKELUSA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2006 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BERKELUSAClick Here to visit BERKELUSA's HomePageSend a Private Message to BERKELUSAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm here Bubba.. some pretty amazing stuff you got going on there..

Thanks for the email on mine.. But you have really LOST me when it comes down to it..
and given me some good ideas for the future when there is time..

PS: LOVE your muffler idea.. Especially with mine not having the trunk anymore..

------------------

Rob's two Fieros will eventually be one 6" longer convertible

[This message has been edited by BERKELUSA (edited 07-22-2006).]

fieroman22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2006 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroman22Send a Private Message to fieroman22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow i havent seen this threaqd in quite some time looks good, keep it up.
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here is todays progress

started tp fill in the spaces in the 2 spoiler sections and renenforce the base shell

the corners are 3 layers thick and the center 4 layers thick

then I got P*ss on rain and thunder storm right after the last layer was laid up

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 07-23-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is perhaps one of the best add-ons on a Fiero I've seen so far.

I'm guessing you'll need to beef-up the rear wing. IMO it's being over shadowed by the diffuser. IMO I'd leave the corners but remove the middle and a whail-tail section in it's place or just beef it higher and fill-in the gaps.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-23-2006).]

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

This is perhaps one of the best add-ons on a Fiero I've seen so far.

I'm guessing you'll need to beef-up the rear wing. IMO it's being over shadowed by the diffuser. IMO I'd leave the corners but remove the middle and a whail-tail section in it's place or just beef it higher and fill-in the gaps.

the work I have seen so far on your cars is lookin real good

the rear wing on my car is getting some special treatment I plan on cuting the top out and setting 2 lift motors into it so that at speed the top will lift up to increse down force . It will raise the rear lip 3 inches into the air flow over it and add a wicker bill on the back edge

also the diffuser will extend under the car and attach to the lower section of the vette suspension frame to form a hot air duct out from the engine compartment

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 07-23-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

the work I have seen so far on your cars is lookin real good

the rear wing on my car is getting some special treatment I plan on cuting the top out and setting 2 lift motors into it so that at speed the top will lift up to increse down force . It will raise the rear lip 3 inches into the air flow over it and add a wicker bill on the back edge

Thanks for the compliment. As for your newest idea of using the electric motor to raise the wing....that sound even better.
Bobert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2006 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobertSend a Private Message to BobertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looking great Bubba!!
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2006 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
todays update

made the support rib and attaching point for the mesh and for attaching the barge board for the underside of the car that attaches to the rear diffuser

thanks to bobert he saved me some money with the use of an old hood skin to form the board

this will be trimmed flush to the spoiler and cut to match the wheel wells and attach to the rear suspesion mount to funelhot air out of the engine compartment and pull air out from under the car
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock