Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  newest project (Page 43)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
newest project by bubbajoexxx
Started on: 09-12-2003 06:18 PM
Replies: 3111 (374102 views)
Last post by: Trinten on 04-23-2023 11:02 PM
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2006 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bubba, any progress?

TTT

IP: Logged
fieroman22

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2006 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroman22Send a Private Message to fieroman22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
tread on rear tires is backwards but wow keep it up
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2006 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
will be starting on the new fiberglass pieces this week so stay tuned
toddshotrods

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2006 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for toddshotrodsClick Here to visit toddshotrods's HomePageSend a Private Message to toddshotrodsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Bubba, check your email. I sent you one about updating the links to your article.

------------------
toddshotrods.com - wanna ride?
crazy projects, features, articles, art & more

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2006 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump. any progress?
NY_FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2006 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NY_FIEROClick Here to visit NY_FIERO's HomePageSend a Private Message to NY_FIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yeah I agree Bizimp fo shizzle...
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2006 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ttt
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2006 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
still need a front alero bumper to do the rear bumper inclomplete pics mean nothing as to showing how it does
Dragon1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2006 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dragon1Send a Private Message to Dragon1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BTTT
(bump to the top)
What size are the Dellorto's and what car/cars did they come off of ???

Dragon1/Brian

Fiero Tom

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2006 06:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump to top ... bubbajoexxx ... don't let this die
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2006 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
between the not finding the parts i need right now and the cold weather outside where the car is just takin a break to catch up on some other work needed to be finished around the house .will be back with a vengence when it warms up
PFF
System Bot
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2006 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003

Originally posted by Dragon1:

BTTT
(bump to the top)
What size are the Dellorto's and what car/cars did they come off of ???

Dragon1/Brian

40 series dells and where bought in italy they where an aftermarket replacement for solex carbs and use for racing

rookie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2006 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rookieSend a Private Message to rookieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BabbaJoe,

I just found this thread looking for C5 suspension info but that's not important now

WOW what can I say.... DAMN that's quite some fantastic work you are doing, I just hope I could have a closer look at it

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2006 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow,...amazing,...pretty soon they are going to have to start a seperate," directory to bubbajoe's thread" , that lists what can be found on each page of this thread !

Otherwise it might take you several days to sift thru this massive thread.

Loving every minute of it,..keep up the good work !

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2006 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rookie:

BabbaJoe,

I just found this thread looking for C5 suspension info but that's not important now

WOW what can I say.... DAMN that's quite some fantastic work you are doing, I just hope I could have a closer look at it

any time just give me a call on my cell 416 522 2226 i live here in TO

Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2006 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bubbajoe, From your experience what is the minimum stretch required that can accomodate the N*/Audi powertrain? Will it fit into, let's say, a 9" stretch?
Thanks. Amida
rookie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2006 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rookieSend a Private Message to rookieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Babbajoe, this last week it has been a bit busy for me and the weekend had been arended for me already as well.
I definetaly would love to see how your master piece looks like now that he white stuff is gone and if you don't mind I will give you a call next week to arrenge something.
rookie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2006 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rookieSend a Private Message to rookieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rookie

5 posts
Member since Mar 2006
Amida, all I can tell you right now is that my Audi trany is 8" from bellhousing to center of axels and with over all length of 23" If you are going to attach it to v6 I beleive it sould be enough room for it though you probably would have to cut into the laugadge compartment a bit
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2006 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Rookie, so then I'll have to find the length of the N* from pulleys to bellhousing & ad that to the 8" to the axles.
GoldFiero86SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2006 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GoldFiero86SESend a Private Message to GoldFiero86SEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Truth be told, when I first saw this project, I thought "oh my god what a godawful mess"
But props to you bubba, that doesnt look that bad at all

Seriously, nice job.

rookie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2006 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rookieSend a Private Message to rookieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No problem Amida,
I did not know you are using Northstar engine but you are ight on the money. I'm in a process of something similar but I'm using older iron SBC block. Get your overall N block from pulleys to bell housing add (generous 1") for adapter plate then the 8" on tranny bell housing surface to center of axels plus rest of the trany to get total over all length that you will need in the back

Oh ya BTW by SBC from pulleys to matingsurface for tany is 31"

PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2006 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bubbajoe, I think you did the right thing to replace the rear frame section. I think the Lambo guys just replace the whole structure behind the firewall.

Rookie: I'd like to do a project like Bubbajoes as well. After more reading of this build, It seems that Bubbajoe's 12" stretch is about the minimum required for a N*/Audi setup. My concept drawing for my '88 coupe w/ 9" stretch will have to be lengthened to 12". Or, a 3800sc may be more suitable if it can be mated to the Audi trans.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 03-18-2006).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2006 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bubbajoexxx:
with the work so far the window no3w looks like it is made for this car
Progress so far

I'm surprised at how well the glass fits the Fiero, considering that the Firebird is a larger car. You're right, it's like it was made for the Fiero.

rookie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2006 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rookieSend a Private Message to rookieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Amida,

I was refering more to the V6 not V8 bacause my bottom subframe I had made for my project is 48" long and tranny still hang over by about 6+ inches.

BTW that's nice drawing with that wing, the car looks still close to factory even though it had been extended and a HUGE glass stuck in the back

[This message has been edited by rookie (edited 03-19-2006).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2006 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks. there are other cool stretch concepts on this thread:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/057460.html#lastpost

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2006 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Bubbajoe, From your experience what is the minimum stretch required that can accomodate the N*/Audi powertrain? Will it fit into, let's say, a 9" stretch?
Thanks. Amida

minimum would be 10 inches 9 inches is possible but would be real tight in the front and if you use low mounted acessories for alt. and ac. you will clear the fire wall but the heads will be close to the rear glass

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 03-21-2006).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2006 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bubbajoe, Thanks for the info. From your photos clearance already look pretty tight even with the 12" stretch. At 10" the pulleys must be just mm from the firewall.

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2006 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Bubbajoe, Thanks for the info. From your photos clearance already look pretty tight even with the 12" stretch. At 10" the pulleys must be just mm from the firewall.

my fire wall is 4 inches from the front of the engine without the diamond plate the engine is 7 inches from the crank pully to the lower cross frame and 5 inches frm the top of the fire wall . the engine can be under the rear window if mounted proper without clearance problems. if i get a chance i will take a picture of the lower crank clearance tomorrow and the upper clearance,

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2006 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, that would be great to see how things fit up front.
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2006 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here are the pics

left side

from the top

right side

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 03-22-2006).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2006 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bubbajoe, thanks for posting the photos. It looks like a 10" stretch will still work, but a 9" might need some work on the firewall it seems. This is a very informative thread, keep up the good work. Amida

PFF
System Bot
fieroman87

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroman87Send a Private Message to fieroman87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2006 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Bubbajoe, Spring is here time to get crankin' on the stretch mobile.
Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2006 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bubba! Hey, long time no hear. When we met, there was talk of you moving closer to London. Is that still in the works?

------------------
Jay Brintnell
White 85 Notchback(A.K.A. GodFearN)

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2006 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey... youre lacking to update so im getting worried....I hope youre ok.
Bump.
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2006 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
gearing up started to collect more parts to begin this week
NY_FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2006 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NY_FIEROClick Here to visit NY_FIERO's HomePageSend a Private Message to NY_FIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump fo shizzle
30+mpg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2006 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After 43 pages, Cliff should change the title to "oldest project"
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2006 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't wait to see some updates!

I haven't posted in this thread in a long time but I checked your site today bubbajoe and I was thrilled to see I got a special thanks on it

I'm glad I took the time to throw some ideas out in photoshop and be in some way/shape/form a part of your project. Its definitely a unique one!

I think I'll pm you in the next few days... I have some questions about the vette brake set up for the front.

------------------

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2006 04:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bubba, I love the firebird hatch, but how are you gonna ventilate the engine heat out ?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock