Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  newest project (Page 41)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
newest project by bubbajoexxx
Started on: 09-12-2003 06:18 PM
Replies: 3111 (374039 views)
Last post by: Trinten on 04-23-2023 11:02 PM
FieroWannaBe

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2005 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is my rendition, It started out as a F355 skirt, but a mini-version of your vents looked better pushed back, I added rear bumper extension, and lowered the front too. just one of my ideas, that seemed to flow in my head, the simple lines of the car can be easily flooded and distracted by something complex. It will draw the attention away from the whole picture to just the bottom belt, crazy skirts look wierd, in my opinion, on lots of cars.
P.S. I own page 41, pretty intense, huh?
and i can't type for the life of me.

[This message has been edited by FieroWannaBe (edited 09-28-2005).]

IP: Logged
ezramore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2005 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ezramoreSend a Private Message to ezramoreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fourpoint9:

Here you go Bubbajoe

Not sure about the hole in the rockers. unless you were planning on running the exhaust through it or something it seems like a little to much. but if you want the hole this one gets my vote. i was imagining the rockers blending into the body and the existin vents so that they looke like one piece. you could have a gradual curve of the back end of the rockers into the vents.

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2005 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Whatever you decide, please carry it over and bring down the front and rear gfx to the same level otherwise it will look goofy,....IMO.

True, you need some type of extension on the rear fascia to balance it out; like a diffuser...although some will complain that it's not fucntional, but as long as it looks good who cares?

fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2005 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by fourpoint9 (edited 10-01-2005).]

F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2005 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Regarding the image above, sorry... I just had to do this-

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2005 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

True, you need some type of extension on the rear fascia to balance it out; like a diffuser...although some will complain that it's not fucntional, but as long as it looks good who cares?

a diffuser can be made functional as the under side of the new rear suspesion is smooth and can be closed and flow right into the rear
diffuser

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2005 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003

Originally posted by FieroWannaBe:

Here is my rendition, It started out as a F355 skirt, but a mini-version of your vents looked better pushed back, I added rear bumper extension, and lowered the front too. just one of my ideas, that seemed to flow in my head, the simple lines of the car can be easily flooded and distracted by something complex. It will draw the attention away from the whole picture to just the bottom belt, crazy skirts look wierd, in my opinion, on lots of cars.
P.S. I own page 41, pretty intense, huh?
and i can't type for the life of me.

nor can I fingers a little srewed from a poor friend arther ites

fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2005 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2005 03:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
now THAT looks like a winner.

------------------

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/050262.html "Ritalin"
http://bobadoofunk.deviantart.com/gallery/ <-- To See My Photoshop work

F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2005 04:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BobadooFunk:

now THAT looks like a winner.

Ditto!

timwdegner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2005 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timwdegnerSend a Private Message to timwdegnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BINGO!

PFF
System Bot
88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2005 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
are you going to lower the front end? it looks higher than the rear, like the way my typical height was on the 88
DGraham

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2005 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DGrahamSend a Private Message to DGrahamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dunno, maybe I'm just not seeing the whole picture here, but I really don't like the larger rocker panels. They totally seem to weigh the car down. Makes it look overdone in my opinion. Seems to me like this car would look great if it had a bit of ground clearance. Take the C3 vette for example. I love the waistline of that car. It's not a terribly small machine, but it looks very nimble because of the tapering on the midsection. Anyways, thats just my 2 cents.
MDFierolvr

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2005 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MDFierolvrSend a Private Message to MDFierolvrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88White3.4GT:

are you going to lower the front end? it looks higher than the rear, like the way my typical height was on the 88

I second this, it sits up higher than the back, it just doesn't look right IMO

Sparkjl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2005 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SparkjlSend a Private Message to SparkjlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm diggin the new panel additions as shown. I'm thinking winner!

Not to jump ahead but, what would that mean for the rear in general? :-)

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2005 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is something I did much earlier in the thread, I dont know how it still stands with all of the alterations but....

I would whip up some more ideas but I dont have photoshop at the house I'm currently staying in.

------------------

fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2005 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
tubtoy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2005 04:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tubtoySend a Private Message to tubtoyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yet the tim hortons remains
AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2005 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2005 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

know we are getting some where thats is what i am lookin for a unique look

keep em comming as I am lookin forward to start glassin up the new pieces

F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2005 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Aus, nice job! Might want to tighten up the lug nuts on the rear wheel though, hate to see that thing come off before you get it out of the driveway!
PFF
System Bot
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2005 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AusFiero:

excellent lower rocker but needs to flair out at the back of the door as the rear flairs outward 2 " over stock and at the lower lip

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2005 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bubbajoexxx:

know we are getting some where thats is what i am lookin for a unique look

keep em comming as I am lookin forward to start glassin up the new pieces

i like that too, but id say keep notchie taillights..... i really think they have a true "sports car" ness to them
LOVE the look at night too....

fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2005 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BobadooFunk:

i like that too, but id say keep notchie taillights..... i really think they have a true "sports car" ness to them
LOVE the look at night too....

Because he has the exhaust in the middle of the bumper where the license plate was stock he needs a new place for the license plate.
If it's put between the tail lights would rule out the stock tail lights.
Suggest some other tail light ideas, I don't think you'll find a better place to put the license plate. The only other options are in the bumper off to one side.

LED Corvette C5 tail lights from ebay might look nice:
This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by fourpoint9 (edited 10-16-2005).]

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2005 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Because he has the exhaust in the middle of the bumper where the license plate was stock he needs a new place for the license plate.
If it's put between the tail lights would rule out the stock tail lights.
Suggest some other tail light ideas, I don't think you'll find a better place to put the license plate. The only other options are in the bumper off to one side.

LED Corvette C5 tail lights from ebay might look nice:
This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.

I have new exhaust tips for the car and plan on widening the exhaust opening to acomidate the tips on e on each side of the plate
those led lights look sharp if they will fit into the stock frames

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 10-16-2005).]

fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2005 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can you post a pic of the new exhaust tips? The Corvette tail lights will be too tall to fit inside the stock housing.

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2005 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Can you post a pic of the new exhaust tips? The Corvette tail lights will be too tall to fit inside the stock housing.

here you go

here is a better one

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 10-17-2005).]

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2005 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
now thats interesting
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2005 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yeah, nice plate.
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2005 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I had some PS fun with this one, thanks!

..whatever..:

Tried putting your 'new' exhaust tips in there but the pic is pretty wideangle ....but hopefully its usefull...

Keep it going Bubbajoe!

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2005 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

I had some PS fun with this one, thanks!

..whatever..:

Tried putting your 'new' exhaust tips in there but the pic is pretty wideangle ....but hopefully its usefull...

Keep it going Bubbajoe!

need to keep the bumper line intact and open up the lower diffuser wider but definately what im looking for

PFF
System Bot
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2005 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003

here is a cut out to use

PS: can someone remove the white background for me as I want to incorperate the pic into my new sig

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 10-18-2005).]

fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2005 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2005 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No photoshop genius but hows this?

EDIT:cause i cant spell >_<

[This message has been edited by Silentassassin185 (edited 10-19-2005).]

timwdegner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2005 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timwdegnerSend a Private Message to timwdegnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And, we have . . . a . . . WINNER!

Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2005 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why have I never checked this thread.. This kicks ass! Best "waste of time" yet today! lol

------------------

Custom Fiero Fiberglass

t76racer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2005 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for t76racerSend a Private Message to t76racerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bubbajoexxx, Great work I love this car. You have some really inovative ideas keep it up! I have my exhaust routed out like your planning, I think it will look really crazy! You will have to cut the trunk, but you can retain quite a bit of space redoing the sheet metal. Basically just a shorter version of the stock trunk.

Mines not done but, here is an example how you can cut the stock fascia, keeping along the lines of the original. Keeping the license plate area and the natural curve under it that attaches to the supports on the rear cross bumper. If you retain the plastic support underneath the cross bumper, the fascia will still be secure.

I am assuming you are going to shorten the trunk, but maybe you have another plan? Anyway's I cant wait to see how you finish the rear, these are some really cool photoshops!

Travis

ezramore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2005 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ezramoreSend a Private Message to ezramoreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you should do the batman rocket booster exhaust. then you could put in a flame system and freak people out at the track.

[This message has been edited by ezramore (edited 10-19-2005).]

Zmau86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2005 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Zmau86Send a Private Message to Zmau86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2005 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock