Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  newest project (Page 34)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
newest project by bubbajoexxx
Started on: 09-12-2003 06:18 PM
Replies: 3111 (374102 views)
Last post by: Trinten on 04-23-2023 11:02 PM
bubbajoexxx

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2005 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess I own this one too

hope it is nice out tommorow so that I can finish up the back support and the bumper mounts so I can start to put the car back together and finish the body work so I can get the car out to paint

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 04-06-2005).]

IP: Logged
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2005 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bubba, I still have'nt recieved the 4 parts that I ordered for you through Jegs...
Hopefully I will get them soon and get them to you because I am going to need those mounts ASAP...
Just wanted to let you know the status...

Steve

------------------

Choptopped WideBody GT 1 of 1

THE BEAST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2005 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for THE BEASTSend a Private Message to THE BEASTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bubbajoexxx,

Its the rear track wider now, or did you do something to keep it about the same as the Fiero?

If it is wider could you tell me how much wider it is?

Thanks!
JG.

ezramore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2005 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ezramoreSend a Private Message to ezramoreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love the new fram bubba ive watched this thing from the start and it is really coming along now. i am still not sure i like the exhaust tips were they are but everything else is looking awsome. Great job. Get back to work.
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2005 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by THE BEAST:

bubbajoexxx,

Its the rear track wider now, or did you do something to keep it about the same as the Fiero?

If it is wider could you tell me how much wider it is?

Thanks!
JG.

increased by 4 inches over stock

ezramore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2005 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ezramoreSend a Private Message to ezramoreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just noticed on your last set of pics that your exhaust runs right through the middle of the new frame cross member. is their a rerout in the future.

------------------
Ezra
88 Fiero 2M4

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2005 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thats not the rear cross member it is a spacer till it was cut to lenght the rear is now done and cut to lenght and that bar is now gone and the bumper in place .Tha rear rails where cut 12 inches for final fitting
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2005 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
will post some pics of the rear tomorrow as it is now 98% complete with only the tube frame tie in to complete
VISCERAL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2005 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VISCERALSend a Private Message to VISCERALEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Quick question Bubba, what did you torque the bolts to the caliper bracket attached to the adapter, and the torque setting for the adapter to the spindle? Thanks
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2005 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by VISCERAL:

Quick question Bubba, what did you torque the bolts to the caliper bracket attached to the adapter, and the torque setting for the adapter to the spindle? Thanks

45 ftlbs to spindle and 60 ftlbs to caliper bracket

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2005 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
personal bump need to remind myself to take more pics of whats done now
PFF
System Bot
Bobert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2005 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobertSend a Private Message to BobertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Where's them pics. I know that you have more to show ! ^ Bump ^
Kento

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2005 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You know, I really think this guy is "Stringing Us Along" and STRECHING the truth! Damn Awsome!
fieroracer86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2005 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroracer86Send a Private Message to fieroracer86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump. awesome work!
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2005 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kento:

You know, I really think this guy is "Stringing Us Along" and STRECHING the truth! Damn Awsome!

its been raining for 3 days now and I work outside but rain or shine I will get some pics out tomorrow have done all the wiring again and will be starting to put the aluminum perf in place over the black perf 80 persent of the body has been reinstalled the rear hatch and the new lift struts but the pics will show all of that

Sacred

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2005 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SacredSend a Private Message to SacredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump....can't let it die.
Will

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2005 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You don't have to bump it every three days. It's not going to die any time soon.
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2005 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well finaly got some pics of what is done as of now

I redid the wirng and the chase for the harness

reinstalled the upper body side panels bumper cover

rear hatch and installed the stuts and mounts
then started to do the fiberglass fillers on the inner panels

ezramore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2005 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ezramoreSend a Private Message to ezramoreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Impressive Looks great. have you tested to see how it rides yet?

[This message has been edited by ezramore (edited 04-28-2005).]

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2005 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ezramore:

Impressive Looks great. have you tested to see how it rides yet?

once the inner panels are complete the test drive will be a go

Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2005 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I may have missed it, but what are you going to do about the clearance issue with the rear glass and 2 of the air filters? Also, how will the ventilation work? Air comes in from the bottom of the car and gets sucked into the engine up top, all nice and hot?
PFF
System Bot
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2005 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fastback 86:

I may have missed it, but what are you going to do about the clearance issue with the rear glass and 2 of the air filters? Also, how will the ventilation work? Air comes in from the bottom of the car and gets sucked into the engine up top, all nice and hot?

the filters will be replaced with 2 inch twin filters one filter per side and the air intakes on the B pillers will be cut and shaped this week to move cold air over the rear glass to the carbs and there is plenty of clearance around the rads to let cold air into the engine compartment around the rads

Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2005 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Heh heh I figured you had everything figured out already. Can't wait to see it all together and on the road!
Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2005 03:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fastback 86

7849 posts
Member since Sep 2003
Wow, over 100,000 views. Thats awesome Bubba Joe, keep up the good work!
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2005 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
finished a few more things today such as mootor mounts frame welding on the engine cradle and some more of the lass work and got her back on the ground

Danno88GT5Spd

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-29-2005 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Danno88GT5SpdSend a Private Message to Danno88GT5SpdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really like what you've done.. must be one of the most, if not the most, unique modded Fiero's there is. Like some others have said if I had any say in any part of your project I would do something else with the exhaust tips/traps exiting where the lincense plate is supposed to be. Unless it's only going to be a strip/track car and not on the street? Then it would be perfect.

+ From me for all the pic's, specs and updates. Lots of projects start on here but they never finish them! Or they do they forget to document the steps. Awesome work.

riley

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2005 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rileySend a Private Message to rileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
keep up the great work bubba, i like where you put the exhaust. it is where alot of high performance cars are exiting the exhaust (example:saleen)
JamesCurtis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2005 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JamesCurtisSend a Private Message to JamesCurtisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm guessing you've noticed the front end sits a little higher than the rear, is that a miscalculation, or did you just not get a chance to lower the front yet? Btw it looks great, I can't wait to see this beast at a car show!

------------------

toddshotrods

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2005 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for toddshotrodsClick Here to visit toddshotrods's HomePageSend a Private Message to toddshotrodsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good Bubbajoe. What do you have planned to cover the wider track? Reminds me of my high school days like it is now. Jacked up with fat tires sticking out the back was all the rage... I'm dating myself huh

------------------
Todd Perkins - the member formerly known as "perkidelic"
todd's hot rods

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2005 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JamesCurtis:

I'm guessing you've noticed the front end sits a little higher than the rear, is that a miscalculation, or did you just not get a chance to lower the front yet? Btw it looks great, I can't wait to see this beast at a car show!

the rear is coil over and I have not ajusted them yet but soon

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2005 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003

Originally posted by toddshotrods:

Looks good Bubbajoe. What do you have planned to cover the wider track? Reminds me of my high school days like it is now. Jacked up with fat tires sticking out the back was all the rage... I'm dating myself huh

have a plan on how to widen the rear Quarters but am finishing the new air intake and filter assemblies first

PFF
System Bot
toddshotrods

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2005 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for toddshotrodsClick Here to visit toddshotrods's HomePageSend a Private Message to toddshotrodsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's going to look really nice. I was actually hoping you would go that route as opposed to actual fender flares, for a factory type look.

Very nice work.

------------------
Todd Perkins - the member formerly known as "perkidelic"
todd's hot rods

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2005 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ihave started to build the new air intake system that will be ducted into the B pillers right and left

the inlet tubes are 4 inch tube for plenty of flow

ezramore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2005 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ezramoreSend a Private Message to ezramoreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that is going to be sweet. how close does it sit to the glass. i did something similar on a boss 302 in highschool and when i reved the engine is would rub just slitley on the hood as the mooter mounts flexed. I am sure you have already thought of that and compinsated. but i was curiouse.
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2005 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ezramore:

that is going to be sweet. how close does it sit to the glass. i did something similar on a boss 302 in highschool and when i reved the engine is would rub just slitley on the hood as the mooter mounts flexed. I am sure you have already thought of that and compinsated. but i was curiouse.

they are 1.5 inches from the glass and the poly mounts dont let the motor move very far may be 1/4 of an inch under full load
and 4.5 inches from the back window

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2005 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
with enough clearance a set of 'headers' could look a little like this.. :
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2005 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
did some more work on the new air intakes so the fiberglass can now take place on the B pillers

in the next pics you can see the clearance from the glass

F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2005 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can somebody get me some clean underware, I think I just ...
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2005 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Holy hell, thats some pretty good thinking... I always wondered what you were going to do about the clearance. This "clears" everything up.
zMacK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2005 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zMacKSend a Private Message to zMacKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its awsome how many pictures you have taken, just scrolling through any page of this thread is awsome....
like I said before months ago, you got a a work of art there.
cant wait to see it in even more final a stage.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock