Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  newest project (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
newest project by bubbajoexxx
Started on: 09-12-2003 06:18 PM
Replies: 3111 (374099 views)
Last post by: Trinten on 04-23-2023 11:02 PM
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2003 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm curious as to how you're going to access the engine compartment with the wagon roof on the car. Will the whole assembly be hinged? It doesn't look like it in the photos...
IP: Logged
bubbajoexxx

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2003 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you will see in tonights pics it is hinged

------------------

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2003 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bubbajoe - I'm really impressed at how quickly you're moving through this project... it's also really great to see people still thinking "outside the box" - or in the case, lengthing and adding a "wagon" top to the box

Keep up the work, and thanks for providing us with your work-in-progress pics!

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2003 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man, you are crazy! Keep it that way!

love to see the progress.

mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2003 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bubbajoexxx:

im going to try the coil pack if I can get it to work if not have found a way to install a dist the timming cover

Ya know... I had the "install a dist the timming cover" idea about a year ago. I did a little research to see if I could find a belt driven distributor. I found one but it was WAY expensive and on top of that, you'd still have to figure a way to turn it.

But, having tought about it a little more (and if I remember correctly), I once had an old Mercury two stroke outboard that had a straight six cylinder motor. It had a short distributer that was turned by a cogged belt from under the flywheel. That may be a good place to look.

Roy

BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2003 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The idea reminds me of the fullback Nissan Pulsar. Just before I bought my first Fiero, I was trying to negotiate a deal on a Pulsar NX with fullback option. Can't wait to see the finished project.

------------------
BlueGT

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2003 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rear section removed from the car as you can see its not part of the car
mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2003 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you going to cut in some side windows to help with the HUGE blind spots? Or, yo could add some small video cameras.

Looking good,
Roy

yosemitefieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2003 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yosemitefierosSend a Private Message to yosemitefierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bubbajoexxx:

here are some pics of the process so far

bubbajoexxx, what thickness metal stock did you use for the extensions? Also, what did you use specifically on the cradle?

Gary

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2003 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1/8 on extention and 100 wall on upper rails and cross bars and 3/16 on the cradle

------------------

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 10-15-2003).]

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2003 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
latest pics
as you can see the roof is taking shape. It's hinged the rear is attached now it is time to fill in the center section and cut out the window openings

PFF
System Bot
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2003 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
Smoooooth GT
about 1400 miles from you too far but I'm getting there but thanks for the offer it is appreciated

------------------

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
roof almost done check out the roof scoop

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey bubbajoexxx, from the looks of it, the raised trunk/deck lid reminds me of the 1990 concept Fiero. On the video, the engineers where wondering what kind of seal "they" where going to use to keep water out at the top and what type of hing to use. They also showed how "they" extended the rear by 4"
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the roof is one piece and lifts from the rear and the old deck made a good filler for the center of the roof . also I must mention that my bud Bobert a member here has help emensely with this stretch project and has contributed many ideas as how to go Thanks Bob you deserve it Bubbajoe

for more pics go to
http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscraper/switch/67/id210.htm

------------------

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 10-20-2003).]

Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's starting to look like a Dodge Rampage with a canopy on it from the back...yikes! Thank goodness the front end isn't butt ugly like the rampage's was.

Bryce
88 GT

linenoise

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for linenoiseClick Here to visit linenoise's HomePageSend a Private Message to linenoiseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gordo:

Fiero Minivan

I spy a seat where the engine should be.

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no room all engine and trans in there
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
and I have to thank GORDO for the Idea to move the rear roof piller back to form the rear of the roof but I am going with a full rear window no trunk showing the glass will extend right to the rear

------------------

L44_87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
User Banned

Report this Post10-20-2003 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L44_87GTSend a Private Message to L44_87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That GT nose looks very farmilar

------------------
87 Fiero GT with a few mods

blew another 2.8....looking for a 2.8 long block.

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no idea where it's from came with the car I got from Bobert had to do a lot to make it straight was warped bad at the hood line but it is straight now

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 10-20-2003).]

PFF
System Bot
Howard_Sacks

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
User Banned

Report this Post10-20-2003 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Howard_SacksClick Here to visit Howard_Sacks's HomePageSend a Private Message to Howard_SacksEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think it kinda looks like a Lotus Europa. They do look goofy, but I'd love to have one.

Originally posted by Nashco:

It's starting to look like a Dodge Rampage with a canopy on it from the back...yikes! Thank goodness the front end isn't butt ugly like the rampage's was.

Bryce
88 GT

[This message has been edited by Howard_Sacks (edited 10-20-2003).]

arte444

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for arte444Send a Private Message to arte444Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think it would be really nice and useful to add a backseat somehow. This gives me ideas that I don't know what to do with.

------------------
-Kyle
Email: arte@sek-c.com
Aim: Littlechugger
1987 Notchback 4cyl. (Busted Tranny)
1992 Corsica 3.1L

Bobert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobertSend a Private Message to BobertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks Bubba. It's great working with you I am learning about Fiero's inside and out.
( This guy is an encyclopedia! )

L44_87GT, yup that's the nose that I bought from you.

thegreep

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thegreepSend a Private Message to thegreepEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I started reading this post I thought "What kind of crackpot is this guy?" But I stand corrected, my hat is off to you. I'm surprised to find out I even kind of like the way the body lines are coming together.

------------------
Updated: 8/18/03 Check out some of my rides:
http://shawn.ccicom.com

DarkRain

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DarkRainSend a Private Message to DarkRainEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you have the space frame heat treated? The largest problem with extending a frame is 90% of the time, it's not street legal without major hassle, even here in Canada. You are not permitted to weld between the front and real axles, unless it is by a ticketed welder and it is supposed to be heat treated after, to maintain structural integrity. Another large problem is the fact that it also has to be perfectly straight (I've built a few frames for offroad rigs, and it's a pain), even a few millimeters off in one direction will cause it to fail inspection. Also, I believe since it's a space frame, that if you were to ever get in an accident from the side or at highspeed the extension would GREATLY reduce structure strength on the rear portion of the vehicle.

I still don't have a personal love for it, but, I love the progress and dedication and speed at which you are completing your project. I wish you luck with your safety inspection and the rest of the project.

I'm just waiting for someone to chime in and say I'm wrong... Read the traffic laws on modifying vehicles. The ticket for welding onto the frame anywhere between the axles is upward of $5000 in Alberta, because it causes a road hazard. Believe me, I've seen more than one guy get that ticket. Like I said, good luck.

8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe I missed it, but you are useing a Porsche transaxle, What motor????
Jim_Sprang

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim_SprangSend a Private Message to Jim_SprangEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most of the MVA do not, I say again not say that you can't weld to the frame. What the say is that you can not "Compromise" the structural integrity of the frame. When I moved to BC from Ont I had to have my car and truck inspected as I had modified both. V-8 in my fiero with sub-frame connectors and 88 suspension in an 86 chassis and v-8 and coil sprung straight axle dana 44 in my s-10 rock crawler. It was simple I took it to a frame shop they inspected the welds and changes, and passed it. As to making sure the additions are straight I would not be to concerned as it is pretty easy to straighten the car’s frame (space frame) once he is complete. This can be done at any body shop that does major collision repairs. In BC and On he would also have the option of registering it as a Kit car or a Home built as well. Again only requiring a safety inspection to make it legal.

------------------
86 SE, 88 front and rear suspension, rear coil overs, 4.5 Liter Caddy with EFI, RaceTech ECU,Subframe Connectors, Poly Bushings,17X8 MHTs 235 45 17s front, 245 45 17s rears, Lots more!

[This message has been edited by Jim_Sprang (edited 10-21-2003).]

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
to answer 8ball it a north star and for todays update just finished the side scoops to fill in the lower body here are the before and after pics

------------------

L44_87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
User Banned

Report this Post10-21-2003 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L44_87GTSend a Private Message to L44_87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey bubbajoe do you have any idea what the bodyshop used on that front GT nose? it took hours just to strip that much off.Nice side scoops those look farmiliar too.Can you belive that minus the red preimer thats how race tech sells them? I paid almost $300 for those.
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dont now what they used for paint on it but it still needs more of it stripped to get it right and the scoops yes they are expensive for the poor quality of the fiberglass work takes alot to get them on the car staight I have installed quite a few
and have had not one fit right I corected the falts when I modified them should fit nice now
PFF
System Bot
Gordo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GordoSend a Private Message to GordoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey bubbajoe, can we see that green car under the tarp next to your project?
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ya no problem GORDO

84 Fiero 4.9 V8 digital dash full gt package
86 vette hood scoop and much more

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 10-21-2003).]

Bobert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobertSend a Private Message to BobertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That green Fiero has a future in my driveway.
Built by Bubbajoe, it is one sweet ride!
Sootah

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SootahClick Here to visit Sootah's HomePageSend a Private Message to SootahEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, what inspired the whole Fiero Wagon idea? What is the purpose of the back area?

Anyway, I'm impressed. It's certianly not my cup of tea, but I can totally respect the amount of work you've put into it. Plus the fact that your actually doing it, as opposed to just talking about it.

When do we get an update?? I like watching this come together.

Kudos.

------------------

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.
And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
more comming tomorrow hope to have the new scoops installed
SLAMMED87GT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2003 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SLAMMED87GTSend a Private Message to SLAMMED87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dude, cool! It seems you are doing a great job on this conversion. Even if it's not somewhat practical or even serves a use, it looks cool!

Keep the pics a coming!

------------------
'87GT 5" Drop on 17's, Can you say "Bagged"? -on air- Custom-MUCH!
'92 LeBaron soft top, The Players car. :)

fieros only

Devotshka

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2003 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DevotshkaSend a Private Message to DevotshkaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2003 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
latest update scoops on the car and they fit perfect

should provide plenty of air for the side mounted rads

------------------

westtexas

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2003 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for westtexasSend a Private Message to westtexasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My interpretation of why Bubbajoe is doing all of the body/frame modifications: so he can use a Porsche 5-speed transmission.

True or False?

[This message has been edited by westtexas (edited 10-23-2003).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock