Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  newest project (Page 29)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
newest project by bubbajoexxx
Started on: 09-12-2003 06:18 PM
Replies: 3111 (374099 views)
Last post by: Trinten on 04-23-2023 11:02 PM
bubbajoexxx

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2005 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess I own this page

now with the engine floating the cradle was removed and the new cradle was then test fitted into the car

as you can see in the pics some of the welds are not finished till the whole cradle is finished completely just in case some ajustment are needed

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 02-06-2005).]

IP: Logged
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2005 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003

with the cradle in place I can begin to mock up the uprights and upper control arms
and here is a pic of the old cradle removed from the car

topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2005 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bubba, you make this stuff look way too easy. That is a very creative way to swap the cradle whle keeping the engine in the car!

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2005 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
whats nice with my setup is the trans is hung from the chassie and not attached to the cradle so it make cradle removal quit easy

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 02-06-2005).]

topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2005 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
double post....

[This message has been edited by topcat (edited 02-06-2005).]

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2005 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by topcat:

double post....

it happens now and then

riley

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2005 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rileySend a Private Message to rileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by topcat:

Bubba, you make this stuff look way too easy.

That is so true, unbelievable work bubba

------------------

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2005 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by riley:

That is so true, unbelievable work bubba

THANK YOU

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2005 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thumbs up!
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2005 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bad weather today did not get anything done rain is for ducks
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2005 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

got some work in today removed the old suspension and made up the new coilovers
and stated to mock up the new uprights so I can make the upper controll arm mounts

PFF
System Bot
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2005 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
one more pic of the rear upright

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2005 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
Todshotrods

I willpost the bearing size and knucke sizes tomorrow for you

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2005 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bubba,

I got your photoshop request done and I did a little extra to make up for the time I took .... I had to find a copy and install it on the computer where I'm living for the hockey season.

I added a rear diffuser, added the mesh where the reflectors used to be, changed the tips a bit, smoothed a few things out, and of course took a shot at painting the car tangerine. I believe you mentioned that colour somewhere in this massive thread. Let me know what you think:

toddshotrods

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2005 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for toddshotrodsClick Here to visit toddshotrods's HomePageSend a Private Message to toddshotrodsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Bubbajoe! I would have a huge smile like that too if my car was looking this good!

------------------
Todd Perkins - the member formerly known as "perkidelic"
todd's hot rods

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2005 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

Bubba,

I got your photoshop request done and I did a little extra to make up for the time I took .... I had to find a copy and install it on the computer where I'm living for the hockey season.

I added a rear diffuser, added the mesh where the reflectors used to be, changed the tips a bit, smoothed a few things out, and of course took a shot at painting the car tangerine. I believe you mentioned that colour somewhere in this massive thread. Let me know what you think:

now you have given me an Idea of how to use the old rear wing hollow out the inside ture it upside down and mount and blend it into the rear bumper lower edge to form the diffuser and widen it to attach it to the new rear cradle great work you really get the gears turning in my head
THANKS Bubbajoexxx

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2005 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thats a pretty good idea.... the old rear wing would make a good piece to start with for the diffuser. Nice thinking and let me know if you need any other p/s work done.
Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2005 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
/\/\/\/\ That PS looks great! sodose the cradle Bubba
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2005 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by toddshotrods:

Thanks Bubbajoe! I would have a huge smile like that too if my car was looking this good!

these pics have the dimentions that you needed if you need more fell free to ask

toddshotrods

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2005 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for toddshotrodsClick Here to visit toddshotrods's HomePageSend a Private Message to toddshotrodsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you very much! That's a C5 rear bearing right?

------------------
todd's hot rods

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2005 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by toddshotrods:

Thank you very much! That's a C5 rear bearing right?

2000 upright and bearing from a C5

PFF
System Bot
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2005 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
got some of the rear mounting plates done to night so I can assemble them on sunday will post pics then
88fieroformula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2005 03:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88fieroformulaClick Here to visit 88fieroformula's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88fieroformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I totally admire the work that is being done on this car, but...It is just too long. I think that is the only thing that I dont like about it. I mean no offense at all. Great job Bubba.

------------------
'89 LX Coupe 5.0
In loving memory of Israel Perez 1985-2004

My cardomain!

toddshotrods

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2005 03:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for toddshotrodsClick Here to visit toddshotrods's HomePageSend a Private Message to toddshotrodsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I emailed you...

Is this the biggest thread in the history of PFF?

------------------
todd's hot rods

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2005 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well got the rear mounts done and started to mock up the upperr controll arms in the car will be removing the old stut towers and installing a ladder style chassie cross bar to stiffen the upper frame rails. Here are the pics so far

as you can see here the rubber mounts in the rear have been elliminated
in favor of sold mounting

have also changed the rear bearings to S10 as they are the same dia. as the vette just had to move the holes outward 30 thou.
now I can keep my axles

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2005 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003

here is a good shot of what the front of the new cradle looks like in the car

Bobert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2005 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobertSend a Private Message to BobertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Number One with a Bullet ! ! ! ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2005 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
got this far I hope I have good weather tomorrow
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2005 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm glad you're documenting all this. This is serious magazine cover material. When you get this done, Hot Rod, Car Craft, High Performance Pontiac, et al, ALL need to get a press kit from you.

This car is wilder than most people's pipe dreams, and it's taking shape and is actually being built!

I am in awe. Really.

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2005 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

I'm glad you're documenting all this. This is serious magazine cover material. When you get this done, Hot Rod, Car Craft, High Performance Pontiac, et al, ALL need to get a press kit from you.

This car is wilder than most people's pipe dreams, and it's taking shape and is actually being built!

I am in awe. Really.

It's getting there but work is slow in the winter have to dodge snow rain cold and work when I can
and thanks for your comment I really appreciate the comments and the ideas I have been getting during the build all the best to all of the pff members who have posted here and those who haven't
even looked yet

spearce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2005 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spearceClick Here to visit spearce's HomePageSend a Private Message to spearceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What Joe is doing here is truly a work of art. The pictures do not entirely show the quality of workmanship and engineering that has gone into this car. You really need to see it in person to understand the scope and breadth of the modifications he has done.

Keep up the good work, I can hardly wait to see the finished car ( and go for a ride )

Steve

PFF
System Bot
spearce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2005 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spearceClick Here to visit spearce's HomePageSend a Private Message to spearceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

spearce

257 posts
Member since Nov 2002
Sorry: Double post

[This message has been edited by spearce (edited 02-14-2005).]

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2005 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by spearce:

Sorry: Double post

cradle is ready for pick up any time and thanks for the comments

rims05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2005 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rims05Send a Private Message to rims05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow, i'm just amazed, your very very skilled,

you realize that no one else will ever be able to service this car! haha, they won't know what part to get!! theres like 5 different cars in this, plus tons of origional work but i'm %99 sure you won't sell it, thats like giving up a child

Travis

1fastcaddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2005 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fastcaddySend a Private Message to 1fastcaddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just read this whole thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wheh, just had to say that since I actually did. Great job, bubba!! I have to do something more to my car to keep up with your, just tryin to keep up with the jones's(joe)! thanks for the inspiration

------------------
Carbed 4.5l and 125c, made to be? And Im only 17. think about when Im 30!!

ezramore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2005 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ezramoreSend a Private Message to ezramoreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
be sure to let us know if this thing gets published. It would be the one artical i might actually read. Great job so far. I hope you will get a good quality paint job when its ready. I have seen many customs that put a a cheap earl schieb paint job on them and every one over looks the mods to complain about the crappy paint job. are you planning on blueprinting it.

------------------
Ezra
88 Fiero 2M4

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2005 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ezramore
the car will be dismantled prior to pant so all panels will be painted off the car for a good job
cowans

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2005 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cowansSend a Private Message to cowansEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM to you, Bubbajoe....
Sandy
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2005 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well to day is a day with screwed ip weather fist sonny the duck weather changing to eskimo weather but I still go some work done removed the left stut tower to repair for the upper controll arm mounts and the new chassie renforcments here what it looks like ,by the way I also got riley's tach converted to read V8 pulses for his swap and mailed it back to him

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2005 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
forgot one , have some rust to clean up that was behind the old stut tower

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock