Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  newest project (Page 24)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
newest project by bubbajoexxx
Started on: 09-12-2003 06:18 PM
Replies: 3111 (374096 views)
Last post by: Trinten on 04-23-2023 11:02 PM
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2004 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Would make a nice belt buckle.
Now I am going to have to make one

Now hold on. 1977 is <----- that way

IP: Logged
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2004 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL ok how about a badge, Fiero police.
Plus the big buckles are still going strong in the south.
rims05

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2004 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rims05Send a Private Message to rims05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ya i live in Nebraska and kids that "think" they're cowboys still try to show them off... needless to say they stay in their own little group... lol

Travis

Car Michael

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2004 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car MichaelSend a Private Message to Car MichaelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just thought i would ask.

With the increased length of the car, it almost seams to be begging for Fender flares for the back and possibly the front. i can imagine them on your car, but dont have the photoshop savy to mock it up. have you thought about flares and wider wheelsbase?

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2004 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
with the rear suspension up grade i have planned i may just have to fair the rear .I am in the process of fabbing up a tube cradle for use with vette rear upper and lower control arms and uprights

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 12-01-2004).]

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2004 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
will post pics iof the components I will be installing for the rear suspension
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2004 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
time to up the anti again as I have started to build the tube cradle for the vette suspension here are some start pics

asyou can see the attaching points for the a arms fully encircle the frame tubes for max strenght, not gut welded on as in this pic

you would have to sever a tube completely to brake one of my brackets of

these are the uprights that bolt to the lower controll arms this is a un equal length A arm setup short uppers long lowers

------------------

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 12-03-2004).]

mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2004 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This should be fun. You're not going to be able to call it a Fiero much longer .
neverendingproject

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2004 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for neverendingprojectSend a Private Message to neverendingprojectEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool. I thought about something like that but quickly shoved it to the back of my mind with my plans for casting my own engine etc. Way to go for actually DOing all of this.

------------------
Alan Frazier
'88 coupe auto 74k miles for sale
'86 GT-'92 3.4 TDC 5 speed(sold)
'84 2m4 daily driver

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2004 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
mrfixit58
will have to name it A Piece At A Time By Johnny Cash
Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2004 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You're a mad man, Bubba. Please adopt me.
PFF
System Bot
shop_rat45

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2004 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shop_rat45Send a Private Message to shop_rat45Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What size is that tube? Wall thickness? Are you going to bend it? If so, how? This is turning out to be one heck of a project. Where in Canada are you at? I gotta come see this thing when it's done!! Very amazing work.

Kris

FieroMikeTDC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2004 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMikeTDCSend a Private Message to FieroMikeTDCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW! That thing is a monster.
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2004 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
shop_rat45
1 3/4 by .125 wall the front tube will be curved at each end where it goes into the body mount and cross braced at the suspension points the rear will curve up to the frame then braced back to the center of the a arm attaching points with 1 1/4 inch .125 wall tubing

Toronto

shop_rat45

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2004 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shop_rat45Send a Private Message to shop_rat45Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bubbajoexxx:

shop_rat45
1 3/4 by .125 wall the front tube will be curved at each end where it goes into the body mount and cross braced at the suspension points the rear will curve up to the frame then braced back to the center of the a arm attaching points with 1 1/4 inch .125 wall tubing

Toronto

What are you going to use to bend it? Some sort of tube bender? That's the size I want to use for my control arms, but I'm still debating on how to bend them. Also, where are you getting the tube from? Locally? Thanks.

Kris

mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2004 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mrfixit58
will have to name it A Piece At A Time By Johnny Cash

LOL. I get it.

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2004 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
shop_rat45
the tubing I get from the Metal Super Market here in Toronto and I have control arm tubing and it is not regular tubing it is a special steel alloy
that will resist twisting and I have access to a pipe bender from the Guy,s at RIO automotive and welding here in TO but you can buy pipe benders cheep from Princes Auto in Canada 149 .00 dollars CD from there web site when on sale . I will post a pic of the steel for control arms tomorrow .
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2004 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
here is a rough sketch of the new cradle when it will be done
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2004 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't believe I just discovered this thread!!!

What a work of art. Kit car, but custom. Still retains the Fiero poise. Beautiful work. Is that a C5 suspension or C6? The longer wheel base will really help at high speeds. I probably missed it, but how much HP is that motor putting out? (did I read that it was a N*?)

wow.

------------------
Paul

2003 Tube Chassis IMSA Race Car - 3.8 lb./hp | 1987 Fiero GT 119,xxx, 3.1 motor, 1 1/4" rear swaybar, Full poly

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2004 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
C5 rear suspension and it is a N* with over 350 HP
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2004 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So is this going to be registered as a Fiero or a Kit car?
I wish you lived next door.
PFF
System Bot
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2004 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
it is still a fiero just improved
tednelson83

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2004 04:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tednelson83Click Here to visit tednelson83's HomePageSend a Private Message to tednelson83Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

started the install here are some pics

you did all that to an indy?!? i mean, i like it, dont get me wrong, but an indy!

------------------

1985 Pontiac Fiero 2.5 SE, 220,000 currently going under the knife to become a chopped hard top custom convertible, watch for the build up thread
more pics of my 85 can be found here
1987 Pontiac Fiero GT, 141,500 miles! decklid window, silver guages.
1987 Pontiac Fiero 2.8 SE, 54,000 miles :( DOOMED, im cutting her up for scrap metal very soon! RIP

Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2004 04:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IIRC, it only has pace car interior.
Wolfhound

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2004 07:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bubba Joe, for those that missed the Johnny Cash connection, here are the lyrics.
http://www.cowboylyrics.com/lyrics/cash-johnny/one-piece-at-a-time-767.html
I can hardly wait to see this car finished.
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2004 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
tednelson83
yes 100% indy but was so bad it was not worth it to simply restore the car and indys with that kind or rust damage are worth nothing when most of the original parts are missing this car was hacked up bad and I dont like scraping Fieros when I still have some hope for them Steve Rossi,s car was just as bad when I rebuilt his to put the 4.9 in it .Most Indy,s in the shape this one was in became parts cars but not this one.
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2004 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003

Originally posted by Fierobsessed:

IIRC, it only has pace car interior.

No 100% Indy Saved from the srcap heep

Hairy_Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
User Banned

Report this Post12-04-2004 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hairy_FieroSend a Private Message to Hairy_FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tednelson83:

you did all that to an indy?!? i mean, i like it, dont get me wrong, but an indy!

Settle down it's not like an Indy is going to be worth anything anyway. If your lucky in another 20 years it might double it's original Retail sale value if you have one that's in perfect condition.

Back on topic, like the hidden LCD in the dash good idea.

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2004 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
40,000 and still climbing , (will it hit 100,000 by the time it is completed) who knows
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2004 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003

Originally posted by Hairy_Fiero:

Settle down it's not like an Indy is going to be worth anything anyway. If your lucky in another 20 years it might double it's original Retail sale value if you have one that's in perfect condition.

Back on topic, like the hidden LCD in the dash good idea.

The Indy Cars will always be worth good money as there is always a buyer who is willing to pay for a good car in excellent condition and there are quit a few out there I have seen one go for 19,000 US with 17 miles on it and the buyer did not even drive it home he had it trailered so as to keep the milage as close to what it is now and there is another one here in Canada with 6 miles on it and the owner has never driven the car but he also has 5 other pace car replicas from GM in the same condition as he buy,s them for there future value not to drive. The cars he purchased where never driven they came off the trailer right into the warehouse
as aranged with the dealer he ordered them from and have never been titled he only has the original bill of sale .They are still know as new cars untill titled .

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2004 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003

LOL ok how about a badge, Fiero police.

we have a little joke here
Question
what is the defanition of a large belt buckle
answer
Toom stone for a dead d$$k

PFF
System Bot
TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2004 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

40,000 and still climbing , (will it hit 100,000 by the time it is completed) who knows

who said it would ever finish

riley

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2004 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rileySend a Private Message to rileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
its funny how even on page 24 you have pff regulars coming on this thread and saying how they just found it and cant believe it.i think it took me 8 pages to finally find the thread. its been great ever since.
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2004 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TaurusThug:

who said it would ever finish

True
a true custom never gets done as no matter how much is done there is always some more to be done to improve the car

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2004 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003

Originally posted by riley:

its funny how even on page 24 you have pff regulars coming on this thread and saying how they just found it and cant believe it.i think it took me 8 pages to finally find the thread. its been great ever since.

And I thank You for the kind words

Bubbajoexxx

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2004 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by riley:

I never loose it its one of my favorites, page one every time.

zMacK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2004 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zMacKSend a Private Message to zMacKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

C5 rear suspension and it is a N* with over 350 HP

You are a pure artist.... Amazing work you can do.

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2004 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zMacK:

You are a pure artist.... Amazing work you can do.

Thank You

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2004 03:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW nice
May I sugest you put a frame mount from the cradle to the space frame at or near the front A arm mount. The cradle is kind of long and seems like it would be a good idea to make it a structural member by adding a few more mounting points. The stock Fiero cradle mounting points are weak. But I am sure you fixed that.
Fieroking

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2004 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierokingClick Here to visit Fieroking's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierokingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is way kool But have you had it running yet ?? And what do you plan to do with the car Drag it ?? i dont think even with the corvett lower control arms, It wont handle its to long and has a fat Ass

Joe Sokol

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock