Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  newest project (Page 22)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
newest project by bubbajoexxx
Started on: 09-12-2003 06:18 PM
Replies: 3111 (374102 views)
Last post by: Trinten on 04-23-2023 11:02 PM
bubbajoexxx

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2004 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the roof section was boned in today and sloped to match the new roof line of the glass hatch here are the pics

the blue gray stuff is the bonding agent for SMC pannels and takes 3 to 6 hours to bond securly
so I will glass it in tomorrow once the bonding is fully cured

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 11-06-2004).]

IP: Logged
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2004 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bubba, you need to put a polarizing filter on your camera to cut down the reflections in the glass hatch. Then we could see that beautiful engine better!
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2004 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This looks better everytime I see it. Too bad that "NORTHSTAR UNDER GLASS" is too long for your license plate. That would be awesome.
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2004 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
jscott1
Yah that would be a good plate like N* FIERO
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2004 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here is the roof section properly glassed back in

the best way to glass SMC is to ruff the surface with a wire wheel so as to get deap gouges for the glass to bond to as in the pics

now lay the glass in onl as needed to fill the area that is preped as glass wont stick well to a smooth surface

when sanded there is very little filler needed to smooth the area in as seen here

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 11-07-2004).]

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2004 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
finally started to install the rear wing what a job when there are double wall panels

TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2004 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i spy with my little eye a WING!!!!!
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2004 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TaurusThug
I finaly started on it fit fairly well had to do some minor grinding to get it to fit the body lines
will try to get the other side on tomorrow and the rear center setion as well
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2004 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm still watching this thread, this is incredible. Seeing a photoshop come to life is unreal.
TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2004 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
its like that movie weird science... but instead of a girl its a CAR.... or is it a girl?

[This message has been edited by TaurusThug (edited 11-07-2004).]

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2004 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i just want to say that this is amazing.....i didnt like the origional idea but liked the creativity factor... now the way it has evolved is just amazing... great job and i have already +'ed you...

------------------
-Bobadoo Funk-

Sig thanks to Ken86GT.

PFF
System Bot
soup

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2004 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for soupClick Here to visit soup's HomePageSend a Private Message to soupEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please! no wing!
The car looks just amazing without it looking like a mini T/A
USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2004 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AusFiero:

This thing looks a bit like a NSX but it obviously will stomp some exotic butt. Well, it's become somewhat exotic itself now. I like the big n' little Corvette rims that is the ticket! If I could offer even the teensiest suggestion, 80's Grand Prix mirrors? They are similar to the Fiero mirrors with (I think) a slightly smaller head on a taller stalk. You're still gonna need someplace to hang a plate out back...

------------------
1000+ posts, and the Fiero is STILL in the garage!

[This message has been edited by USFiero (edited 11-08-2004).]

justa6

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2004 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for justa6Send a Private Message to justa6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, thats all I got to say. It is coming along so great. I'm glad you ditched the topper look. Im sure you have, but have you ever thought about switching it to smooth molding instead of the ribbed? I wonder if that would go better with the look now. Eitehr way, i love the car and cannot wait to see it finished!

------------------

the unfortunate history of my GT here

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2004 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
finaly got my pedals in to go with my shift nob heres a pic
Will

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2004 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL!!

Do the eyes light up? Install some LED's in the eye sockets and hook them up to your interior lights. Hook the shift nob LED's up to your shift light...

Stript96

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2004 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stript96Send a Private Message to Stript96Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love the look however I would have loved to have seen this car with a 91-91 GTA Spoiler on it. Its a wrap around style, but much better suited to the exotic look than the ta/formula spoiler on there now. Just a thought

------------------
96 Trans am For sale high 13's car..
70 Mach 1 First car (GU Resto in 97
95 Ranger cuz we all need a winter beater

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2004 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With THESE pedals you should swap the "hearse-back" back in place! And put a coffin over the engine with the carbs sticking out...! ..flamethrowers in the exhausts....
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2004 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will
they are avalable with lights but I did not want them as I dont like wiring around the pedals
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2004 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
Stript96
the spoiler I am using is 89 daytona and is 3 piece the GTA is mounted to the glass and would have to be cut up to fit the body as it is too short for the extended deck
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2004 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
have spent the last few days widening the wing for the rear of the Fiero as the fiero is 2 inches wider
than the daytona so I had to stretch the center section the same amount
PFF
System Bot
Stript96

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2004 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stript96Send a Private Message to Stript96Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Big duh on my part never thought of it lol.!
fieroman87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2004 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroman87Send a Private Message to fieroman87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
and this makes it 34,010+ views, go bubba go!!!
NotGonnaLose2Rice
From: Hurricane and Earthquake free Michigan (thats about all the benefits)

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2004 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotGonnaLose2RiceSend a Private Message to NotGonnaLose2RiceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The red fiero does have a hint of a NSX but the rear end looks a tone like a 1G Talon/Laser/Eclipse!
TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2004 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NotGonnaLose2Rice:

The red fiero does have a hint of a NSX but the rear end looks a tone like a 1G Talon/Laser/Eclipse!

i dont see the eclipse in there but i do see what looks like a IMSA Fastback widebody...

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2004 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
finished filling the holes from the stretch of the wing with poly foam and waiting for it to harden so i can glass it in

have to finish changing the motor in the Jetta tomorrow so i can get back to work on the stretch

TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2004 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TTT
BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2004 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's looking good, but I am wondering what the plans are for venting the heat from the engine. I'm sure that you will stay very warm this winter. Just wondering how you plan to tackle the ventilation... especially after you park the vehicle having driven it for a while. Keep up the good work!

------------------
BlueGT

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2004 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well the wing is almost done and am now lookin for 2 8 inch fans for exhaust air in the rear of the car that will be thermostaticly controlled for cooling the engine compartment during shut down

mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2004 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lookin' good, bubba!

Here's an idea... since you don't have a trunk, why not mold in a pair of grills in the rear deck lid and mount you fans to push the air up and out of the engine compartment? As an added bonus, the wing will probably help draw the hot air out through the grills while you drive.

Roy

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2004 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Once again. I love this thread. It's the best thread ever.

------------------
-Chris -
Custom Gun Metal 86 GT 4.9 V8 5spd

Build up tread or MODS w/ Pics

PFF
System Bot
BtotheB

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2004 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BtotheBClick Here to visit BtotheB's HomePageSend a Private Message to BtotheBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One more vote for Best Thread Ever.

I still think you should keep the Fiero 2M4 decal on there after you paint

Brad

NY_FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2004 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NY_FIEROClick Here to visit NY_FIERO's HomePageSend a Private Message to NY_FIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NICE

MORE PLEASE

Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2004 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't wait to see it this weekend. It looks great!
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2004 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's looking like a car!! And it only took 22 pages!
MaxCubes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2004 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MaxCubesSend a Private Message to MaxCubesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bubbajoexxx:

Wow!

its a FI-MARO

I like the way you can see the engine under the glass.

Can't wait to see it after a paint job

ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2004 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Damn... Haven't checked in for a while, and it's.... whoa!

Looks like I got some reading to do! To satisfy my curiosity, is that a camaro hatch on the back?

rmphoto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2004 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rmphotoSend a Private Message to rmphotoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bubba, i think you should paint the alum. chacker board in the engine bay black.

that would put the focus more on the engine.

Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2004 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey bubba? I was just wondering, how is fresh air going to get into the engine compartment and up into the engine? Some kind of crazy ducting you haven't built yet?

Looks really cool so far.

achawkins

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2004 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for achawkinsClick Here to visit achawkins's HomePageSend a Private Message to achawkinsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe I missed it, or maybe not, but where does the license plate go now?

------------------
________Marty

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock