Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  newest project (Page 12)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
newest project by bubbajoexxx
Started on: 09-12-2003 06:18 PM
Replies: 3111 (374239 views)
Last post by: Trinten on 04-23-2023 11:02 PM
Dragon1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2004 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dragon1Send a Private Message to Dragon1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What diameter do you turn the Fiero hubs to for clearance after parting off the rotor portion for the ''88 vette front rotors. I am working on my hubs while I'm waiting for my ebay rotors. Got a whole set of rotors, turned and painted for $22.50 plus shipping...

Dragon1/Brian

IP: Logged
bubbajoexxx

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2004 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just cut the rotor off and thats it no need to resize

------------------

Dragon1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2004 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dragon1Send a Private Message to Dragon1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you very much, how about the studs, do I need longer wheel studs.I wouldn't think so. The front studs are the same length as the rear studs and the rears have a hub with a separate rotor just like we are modifying thr front to do.

Dragon1/Brian

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2004 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you need the front studs from a 1995 grand am gt thet are the right length

------------------

Dragon1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2004 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dragon1Send a Private Message to Dragon1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Searched on Auto Zone and Parts America, they both show that Fiero and Grand Am studs are the same part number.

Dragon1/Brian

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2004 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
get them from GM they are 20mm longer to acomidate the removable rotor and have wheel nut pilots at the end
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2004 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
now have the tach setup to work with V8,s and the speedo to read MPH instead of KLM from 140KLM to 140MPH one good thing with canadian speedo,s the KLM are in white so when converted to MPH the white numbers dont need to be changed here is a pic
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2004 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
latest update on body. Started to smooth out the hatch and blend it into the body here are some pics

rmphoto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2004 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rmphotoSend a Private Message to rmphotoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
... i dont know what to say.

nice body work though, i didnt think that would look very good at all. but it seems to have worked ok.

this thing will be interesting when all painted up.

riley

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2004 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rileySend a Private Message to rileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
howd you get the tach to work with the V8?
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2004 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
used the info on the net then put together a 60 hz square wave generator then installed a 1 meg trimmer and set the the trimmer so the tach would read 900 rpm as it should with the V8 I will convert anyones tach if they need it done just pay the shipping and send me your old tach
PFF
System Bot
Bobert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2004 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobertSend a Private Message to BobertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Or you could buy an instrument cluster with the tach converted for V8 operation and the speedo converted to 140 mph for $50 USD + shipping. There are two available at this time, first come first served. If interested let me or Bubba know.

------------------

crzyone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2004 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Joe, how easy would it be to convert a Canadian 190km/h speedo to a 190mph? That would be cool. Looks like you will need another dash mounted tach that can show you 6500-7000rpm for that beast.
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2004 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

Lookin great bubba......

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2004 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
crzyone
what is the speedo for
crzyone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2004 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spedo would be for my 3.4dohc fiero project. It'll definitly wrap the stock 120mph spedometer.
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2004 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pull your speedo out and tell me what the crystal frequency is all yopu have to do is change the crystal to the new size but need to know what the old one is first
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2004 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I also need to change the crystal but I dont even now how it looks like! I have white gauges with 240MPH equal to the stock 120MPH position. I want a crystal that converts 120MPH to 240KMPH. 1: 1.243. Everything is in KM here. how does the crystal look like?

Hey Joe what color will it be painted?

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2004 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

looks like this

Will

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2004 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How do you have the dizzy and coil pack wired together?

------------------
'87 Fiero GT: Low, Sleek, Fast, and Loud
'90 Pontiac 6000 SE AWD: None of the Above

Luck, Fate and Destiny are words used by those who lack the courage to define their own future

P.O.L. Mafia

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2004 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for P.O.L. MafiaClick Here to visit P.O.L. Mafia's HomePageSend a Private Message to P.O.L. MafiaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have but one thing i can do..................
PFF
System Bot
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2004 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fo you guy's who have the firebird dash here is what I did to the emty air bag hole

and now you dont

stevenrossi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2004 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stevenrossiSend a Private Message to stevenrossiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bubbajoexxx:

fo you guy's who have the firebird dash here is what I did to the emty air bag hole

and now you dont

Mmm - Lookin' good

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
started the install here are some pics

riley

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rileySend a Private Message to rileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that is absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!!
TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what kinda hp are you expecting from that motor w/ it being carbed??? 350-400???

[This message has been edited by TaurusThug (edited 11-04-2004).]

ToonTownfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToonTownfieroClick Here to visit ToonTownfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to ToonTownfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keep up the ausome work. Looks good to me.

------------------

1985 2m4
Saskatoon, Sask Canada
Visit the Saskatoon Fiero Club Website at
http://www.freewebs.com/saskatoonfieros/

mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

started the install here are some pics

That's the same place I put mine. Looks great.

------------------
Roy

double-click on this link to follow my interior build-up https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/023174.html

Blue 87 GT w/ 4th generation Firebird interior.
Suncoast Fieros

Judged "Best Custom Interior" at the 20th Anniversary Show @ Pontiac, Mich - 7/2003
Judged "Best Custom Interior" at the 8th Annual Fiero Fun Weekend @ Daytona - 3/2004

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2004 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
latest update on dash it is installed and wired now have to put column back in

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2004 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

latest update on dash it is installed and wired now have to put column back in

That is sweet!! I've been looking forward to seeing this ever since I heard that BubbajoeXXX bought a firebird dash. I didn't realize this car had an Indy interior. Now I know what my indy would look like if I ever decide to put a firebird dash in it.

I also like the DVD in the airbag area. My dash had an unblown airbag and I can't bring myself to cut open that area. I imagine that I will eventually, so thank's for the idea. But I would still need the screen in the console because mine doubles as the CD player and I need the screen to be able to operate it.

------------------

1988 GT (Firebird Interior),1988 Coupe (Daily Driver), 1985 SE (Project Car), 1985 Coupe (parts car), Firebird Interior Installation Website

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 07-17-2004).]

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2004 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

Comin along greaat bubba.....

PFF
System Bot
Coinage

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2004 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoinageClick Here to visit Coinage's HomePageSend a Private Message to CoinageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
dang...you work fast!
fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2004 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your car looks awesome. The engine is so cool and now a dash to match. WOW
I like the hatch you built, but thought I'd see what it would look like with large sail panels.
Not sure if I like it any better, what do you think?

------------------
fourpoint9
87 notchback 4.9L swap in progress

3.8 SC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2004 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.8 SCSend a Private Message to 3.8 SCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a question here, regarding the brake conversion. Did you upgrade the brake master cylinder when doing this swap? I know the pistons in those calipers are much bigger than the Fieros and they are going to need more fluid. Which will make the brake pedal feel soft and maybe go to the floor. What brake master cylinder was used in this conversion?

BTW, Great work and write up on your project! I can see that engine swap had to take alot of creative thinking to get it to work.

Don

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2004 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fourpoint9:

Your car looks awesome. thought I'd see what it would look like with large sail panels.
what do you think?

Are you kidding ? That looks great !

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2004 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
3.8 SC

I use the Vette master from the 75 to 80 vette plenty of fluid and made for disk brakes
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2004 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just finished revising the intake to better suit the N* high rpm output by increasing runner length on the intake using 356 Porsche intakes on home made adapters .
To see the pics click the link
http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscraper/switch/67/id222.htm

pip not working right now will try to post the pics later
workin again

------------------

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 07-25-2004).]

Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2004 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any updates on someone making the parts for the brake upgrade? I'm in line!!!
Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2004 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First let me say Awesome work. Can't wait to the finished product!!!!!!!!!

A brake question......Will everything from an 88 Vette work.....All four rotors, calipers and brackets? Anything else I need to know when picking up these parts. Trying to get a junk yard package together.

Thanks and an A+
Jesse

------------------

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2004 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just finished revising the intake to better suit the N* high rpm output by increasing runner length on the intake using 356 Porsche intakes on home made adapters .

Looks like the intakes really match the headers ! And you can almost look into the engine and see how it works!
Whats next? its wicked.
What about transparent valvecovers or a sealed heatresistant minicam and strobe light in the oilpan to monitor your crank on your dash screen?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock