Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  We Build a Perfect Union (Page 74)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
We Build a Perfect Union by Archie
Started on: 01-11-2006 09:04 PM
Replies: 3080 (367710 views)
Last post by: troyboy on 10-29-2016 12:55 PM
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2012 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stubby79:

Haha. I was referring to the last pic posted. Have a closer look.

lmao !!

Now that is funny.

IP: Logged
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2012 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

lmao !!

Now that is funny.

Idea for the Archie's next personal Fiero...the "Green Machine"...has a little boogie in it..

ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2012 02:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW!!!!!
That is too funny...too bad the finish is SO GOOD!!!
ferrobi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2012 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Archie

I want to know what happened to the thumbnail. OUCH
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2012 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

The two parts that are delaying the completion date are the Koni coil overs (on back order from factory)

my Koni's took 4 weeks, so I feel your pain. Great looking car.

rob

------------------

88 Coupe, CJB T-TOP, LS376 and a GT clip
88 GT, ex-parts car, soon to be a driver.
Build Thread: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/083204.html
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAH9yjw6XR0
Web Site: http://www.vafieros.com/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pag...ciation/471024735229

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2012 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ferrobi:

I want to know what happened to the thumbnail. OUCH

That goes back to about 1976. I was putting a rock crusher 4 speed into my 350 powered 1973 Opel GT. The transmission slipped & cut a tendon at the 1st knuckle of my Thumb. In surgery to reatach it, they put a wire in just above my nail to hold the tendon in place while it healed. The nail has had a split in it ever since.

Archie
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2012 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 05-31-2013).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2012 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A bit of an update from the last week or so.....

We had to move into the interior. Troy wanted to add a Boost gage to the dash board. We had to relocate the 3 buttons that were where we mounted the extra gage. They were relocated to a vertical line to the left of the gage panel. We also added another buton for his "Show Lights" including the sill plate lights.

We also changed the stereo head unit, the the XM antenna had to be changed & relocated. The GPS was changed. We added a "Start" button in the center of the dash above the Vents. Troy wanted to reangle the face of the gage panel to point it up a little to make them easier to see while driving.

When the interior was upholstered thay had left some wires disconnected & a few other things had to be done.

To get this done & make everything work right is taking some time but so far so good.

A wiring nightmare?

Added a gage, it would be the top left in this picture

When we had originally done the dash, there was a little valley on top between the 2 center vents. When they did the upholstery, they tweeked it a bit to bridge that valley. On the underside of the dash, our valley part was still there. That was where the "Start" button had to be located. so we had to drill out & open up access to that area, so we could mount & wire the button.

By now we were really wanting to get it back on the floor.......

Getting the dash put together far enough to begin testing to make sure things work.

Finally we move it to the lift to get the driving lights moved a little forward to poke thru the new grill. Also mounting the camera.

mounting the radiator for the intercooler & designing an additional scoop up under the nose.

More updates soon.

Archie

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2012 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2012 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's 6-1/2".

Archie

Originally posted by 85LAMB:

Troy

I should have knonw better....specially w/ Archie doing the build....

Archie
If possible please remember to measure the distance from ground to bottom back of cradle,
with the car on the ground.
I would apreciate it

GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2012 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LOL, just testing to see if anyone actually looks at the pictures.

Archie

LMBO.... Archie your a hoot... I missed it the first glance. Nice catch Stubby79!
PFF
System Bot
85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2012 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's 6-1/2".

Archie

Thank you very much
I really apreciate it
My project is exactly 7", I though about briging it down a little more.
I realy like how Troys car looks from the side
I am sure that the spoiler you build for the rear bumper helps give it the "look"
Keep up the good work.

Troy
your project is turning out great
I am looking forward to your updates after you get the car back
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2012 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85LAMB:

Thank you very much
I really apreciate it
My project is exactly 7", I though about briging it down a little more.
I realy like how Troys car looks from the side
I am sure that the spoiler you build for the rear bumper helps give it the "look"
Keep up the good work.

Troy
your project is turning out great
I am looking forward to your updates after you get the car back

Lamb when are you going to start your build thread ?? Most people know nothing of your project, but from what i have seen it is pretty sweet !
85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2012 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Lamb when are you going to start your build thread ?? Most people know nothing of your project, but from what i have seen it is pretty sweet !

Thanks
I was planning on putting some pics up, once the car is a little further down.
Right now the car is really ruff.

Troy
I am sorry, I don't mean to hightjack your tread.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2012 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2012 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, I just typed up a big update & then lost it all........it was a good post too.....

I'll try again....

Attached to the frame we had made up under the nose of the car we used to have 2 Grade 8 bolts to protect the nose from scrapes. They worked great.... however, Troy wanted wanted something that wasn't so noisey when they touched. So Troy bought some rollers for the nose. They had very nice heavy hardware& we figures out how to mount them solidly.

We found a suitable Power Steering fluid cooler & found a place to mount it.....

Troy & I agreed that we could make the cooling system better if we added an additional scoop up under the nose to scoop in a little more air. It's mounted directly under the Heat Exchanger.

We took the fuel tank out to install the larger fuel pump. while it was out we installed the new fuel lines & Filter. We also made some 3/4" alum. coolant tubes to take the coolant from the Intercooler to the heat exchanger.

While installing all these coolers & parts, the big thing people don't think about are connecting everything like the P.S. cooler & heat exchanger.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 06-28-2012).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2012 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2012 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Great write up Archie, and thanks for the update. I will forward this update to my main build thread.

i think you have created a whole new fan base for the fiero there !
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2012 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

Hmm. I know that's the best location, but couldn't you get a shark "fin"? I have both of my XM radio inside near the front windshield in the middle. It's a ugly piece so I like it out of sight. I get good reception unless I'm in a tunnel or going around a mountain. Sometimes my signal is blocked when passing big rigs since the chopper sits really low to the ground.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2012 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2012 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's where it was for the past three years ( on the dash ) and it drove me crazy going in and out. So I asked Archie to put it on the roof as sirus recommended , it may not be pretty but it will work better plus everyone who sees it knows what it is. They make fake "shark fin " covers but IMO they look too ricey

The fins I've seen are on BMW and other high end cars and yeah, the ricers have them too.
PFF
System Bot
Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2012 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's where it was for the past three years ( on the dash ) and it drove me crazy going in and out. So I asked Archie to put it on the roof as sirus recommended , it may not be pretty but it will work better plus everyone who sees it knows what it is. They make fake "shark fin " covers but IMO they look too ricey

I had one of these antennas for an XM radio and couldn't get it to stay put on the roof like that since it is magnetic. Did you glue it in place? The best place for reception that I could find was on top of the radiator and it was hidden that way as well.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2012 06:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm not sure what was used to mount it, but your radiator Idea sounds interesting. Do you have any problems with heat on the Antenna from the radiator? For me that may not be an option due to equipment that is mounted in the grill that is made to jam aerial and forward signals , but man I do love that idea. The fiberglass of the nose doesn't interfere with the signal the same way as the front glass? Jeff your killing me I thought I was done with this already .

I think the problem with the dash is the metal roof can block some of the signal not so much the glass. From what I could tell glass, fiberglass and plastics didn't degrade the signal much if any. I tried all kinds of locations and the sheet metal piece on top of the radiator just happened to be the best one I found. I never really thought about the heat but it never appeared to affect it any. The brake booster worked well also. I had always thought that one could unmount their fender and hide such an antenna under there but I won't mention that such that you can get your project finished
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Guess what part I sent out to Chrome today?

Archie
Fiero38SC

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero38SCSend a Private Message to Fiero38SCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Guess what part I sent out to Chrome today?

Archie

Hmm, the seat rails?

Too bad you cannot just make an acrylic cover to put on there.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero38SC:

Hmm, the seat rails?

Too bad you cannot just make an acrylic cover to put on there.

Shhhhhhhhh............

As soon as I pulled the cover I thought that if there was some chroming going on in there, we'd be trying to find a clear cover to put on there.

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2012 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Things are getting brighter.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2012 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Things are getting brighter.

Archie

Good golly miss Molly!!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2012 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are the chrome parts on yet?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2012 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Are the chrome parts on yet?

The oil tank & the oil tank vent are in.

However the SC top cover is out for Chrome & can't put on the coil covers until it comes back.

Archie
PFF
System Bot
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2012 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's the first I've ever beard of a cooler for power steering. Is that common now?
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2012 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

That's the first I've ever beard of a cooler for power steering. Is that common now?

Yes, and necessary if you dont want to overheat the fluid.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2012 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fire in the hole.

Fire it up video at 6:00

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 07-13-2012).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2012 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
First starts, ran it for about 4 minutes total today.

http://youtu.be/3T7JKtPo3FA

Much more running in store for Monday, then I'll make an Appt. to take it to the Dyno for programadjustments.

Archie
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2012 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2012 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A bit of an update......

Monday & today it was all about finishing up all the connections & mounting for the reservoir & the circulation pump for the Intercooler & bleeding it.

We also mounted the reservoir for the Power Steering & bled it.

The week before last we sent out the S.C. cover for Chrome, Troy says that we should have it back by the end of next week. But for now we have the S.C. cover from the other LS SuperCharged engine we are installing on this engine.

In a couple of these pics. we have the rear coil cover on the engine to see what it looks like, it will look a lot better when the chrome cover comes back.

Right now the engine runs but it idles up & down because the programming for the S.C. is not in the ECM yet. The S.C. has larger injectors & a higher capacity Fuel pump. Right now we are still running the original LS7 programming so we are rich & when it gets into closed loop the ECM is pulling 25% of the fuel out.

As soon as we can get an appointment for a Dyno tune, we're going to be ready for some real test driving.

Troy also got another Chrome dual battery mounting & a F.R. battery switch, we finalized the installation of this today too.

Our top plate that we are making & the end plate that covers the "butt" of the blower are also out to Chuck for some custom machining. Then those parts will also go to chrome.

We still have some decorating to do but mechanically all appears to be about ready.

Yes, there will be matching batteries when Troy's done.

Play no attention to the Black SC cover

We also hooked up the Audi light as running lights

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2012 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As usual this build is sweet! Gotta love those Audi and NSX headlamps.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2012 06:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fiero go fast

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2012 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero go fastSend a Private Message to fiero go fastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This may have been mentioned in an earlier post, but how much room is there between the studs on the hinge mount of the decklid on the passenger side and the supercharger? Looks like it could be fun to get to to re-install.

Matt
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock