Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  We Build a Perfect Union (Page 24)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
We Build a Perfect Union by Archie
Started on: 01-11-2006 09:04 PM
Replies: 3080 (367690 views)
Last post by: troyboy on 10-29-2016 12:55 PM
AutoTech

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2007 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

Well no crazy stories but, it now takes me about 30 min. to fill up with 8gallons of gas. I tried going at night but she still draws a crowd. BTW my 3 1/2 year old daughter loves the door poppers.

LOL, great stuff !
IP: Logged
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2007 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well no crazy stories but, it now takes me about 30 min. to fill up with 8gallons of gas. I tried going at night but she still draws a crowd. BTW my 3 1/2 year old daughter loves the door poppers.

Hehehe madcurl warned of this phenomenom, once u get a choptop.

Get used to it.
tjm4fun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 141
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2007 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tjm4funSend a Private Message to tjm4funEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I was lucky enough to see the Perfect Union firsthand today. I als had the pleasure or meeting Troy in person for the first time. A true gentleman and very genuine person! we had a goo long chat on cars and boats, took a short blast around, ( I think Troy missed the young lady on the bike pointing at the car and givin it the thumbs up....)
What a blast that car is! hard to believe it's a 4 cylinder! :lol: must be that spare 4cylinder thats kept in the back there. Really sweet job on that motor, it pins you nicely in the seat, even tho Troy was not into it all the way throttle wise (stupid weekend traffic).
As for the looks, well to steal Paris's line, it is HOT, even in the white prime, it';s hard to take your eyes off it. it's gonna be a reall show winner when it's all done! (that is if Troy stops coming up with little ideas)
Took a few pics, I tried to get some differrent angles than the earlier shots, Troy wanted to show off the stance and the difference in front to back width, that was tricky, I tried form the front and the back, and if you follow the line form the rear tifre, you can see the differrence...

While stting there I noticed you really don't see how wide those rear tires are, tried to get that here:

the obligatory eye level profile shot:

and the last thing an ant sees before that 10foot wide rubber squishes it:

and not to be outdone, this pic is the only one the lighting was perfect on, might be from Troy rightfully beaming over his baby:

had to crop those to fit the forum rules, here's links to the full size ones if anyone wants:

http://img329.imageshack.us...hp?image=stance1.jpg
http://img329.imageshack.us...hp?image=stance2.jpg
http://img329.imageshack.us...hp?image=stance3.jpg
http://img329.imageshack.us...php?image=rubber.jpg
http://img329.imageshack.us...hp?image=profile.jpg
http://img329.imageshack.us...age=antslastview.jpg
http://img329.imageshack.us/my.php?image=Troy.jpg

(actually I think those got compressed too, so Troy if you want the original full size, pm me an email addy to send em to)

[This message has been edited by tjm4fun (edited 06-30-2007).]

Mister

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2007 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
AMAZZZZZZZZZZING

------------------

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2007 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Simply...beautiful.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2007 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had a great time, made a new friend and made some cool pic's. Thanks for stopping by Tom and hopefully we will hook up at a local fiero event.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2007 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well time for a little update on the union. The union is in the custom auto shop here in NY having some electronics installed, Free Boston Acoustics speakers (pickup a sponsor), integrated radar/laser detector/jammer, front and rear view cameras, review mirror with dual color LCD screens, Alarm with GPS locator, The shop is not charging me for labor in exchange for letting them display the car in a in-house audio show last weekend and a few upcoming shows. The funny part is that they had the car on display before they even installed the first wire.
They put a note on the windshield telling people to contact V8.Archie for info on the body and engine work due to the crowd asking so many questions. Thumbs up to Archie and crew , you now have a growing fan base in NY.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2007 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

They put a note on the windshield telling people to contact V8.Archie for info on the body and engine work due to the crowd asking so many questions. Thumbs up to Archie and crew , you now have a growing fan base in NY.

Did Archie leave you a couple of business cards? You know, the ones like these?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-21-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2007 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfiero:

Looks very nice....just wondering of you plan on keeping the stock mirrors or if you're going with something different.

I've been looking in to that ,but I haven't found a set that I like yet. IMO most after market mirrors don't fit the fiero.

Hehehe.

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2007 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow 6 pages of hate on a tuner forum. I guess I should feel honored.

http://www.supercars.net/Ga...allery&galleryID=714
http://www.supercars.net/Pi...D=1&fID=1&tID=134863

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 07-29-2007).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2007 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hehe, I'm sure by now you have learned not to care what a bunch of 12 years olds think about your car. Most of them don't even know what a Fiero is in the first place.
PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2007 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jscott1

21676 posts
Member since Dec 2001
I couldn't help but join that lame forum to defend the honor of the Fiero...

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 07-29-2007).]

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2007 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Those haters are not Fiero people.

When you take the Fiero out & introduce it's capabilities to the outside world, you have to expect to attract haters. But the quiet(er) majority will always out number them 100 to 1.

Archie
tjm4fun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 141
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2007 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tjm4funSend a Private Message to tjm4funEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow, what a pack of @ssh0les.
sad part is most of those wannabe's drive some 10 colored crx with 100 stickers on them and wouldn;t know which end of a piston goes up . As Troy knows, they are all over the place round here.... "tuners" ..... they know everything... and drive cars with "dubs" pointin out at funny angles and fartcans draggin on the road. I wouldn't even bother signing up there. (actually I avoid signing up at most all car forums due to the 10000:1 ratio of idiots to people who do understand cars, that site seems worse than the usual )

just laugh at them, their opinions are as valid as their spelling and grammer! :lol:
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2007 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fieros have always seemed to be a love or hate thing. If they're not into Fieros, they hate them - even if they've never heard of them before. People just like to make fun of them - Pontiac's Rodney Dangerfield.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2007 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay Troy (Gun Smoke western lingo), "Were them picks!"
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2007 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Troy:

Do you have a picture of your car from the back showing the deck lid closed? I'm interested in seeing how you had the vent openings cut and finished.

Thanks
Nolan
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2007 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sourmug:

Hi Troy:

Do you have a picture of your car from the back showing the deck lid closed? I'm interested in seeing how you had the vent openings cut and finished.

Thanks
Nolan

#22 is in the shop for the week, but I'll try to take some pics this weekend.
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2007 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, I'd appreciate it.

Nolan
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2007 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

MclarenF1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2007 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MclarenF1Click Here to visit MclarenF1's HomePageSend a Private Message to MclarenF1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2007 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hmm. I think I may need the same set. I'm digging the mesh screen.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-08-2007).]

Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2007 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are some interesting cars like the Twinstar Cadillac (more) and the Corvette powered Civic

[This message has been edited by Gokart Mozart (edited 08-08-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2007 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hi Troy:

Thanks
Nolan

Not opened but....since we're waiting and all, hehe.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-09-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2007 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Open vents:

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-10-2007).]

Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2007 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the pics! I'm hoping for a closer shot though.

Nolan
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2007 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nolan

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-12-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2007 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Troy, could you place the strut tower brace bar onto your car? I need to see how it lays cause I may need to call for one and a rear sway bar; all that glass in the back needs to be used.

Thanks.
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2007 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Madcurl!

Troy, are you planing on using the mesh in the deck lid vent openings? How are you planing on attaching it? The reason I ask is that I have the same deck lid.

Thanks
Nolan

[This message has been edited by Sourmug (edited 08-12-2007).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2007 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks Madcurl!

Troy, are you planing on using the mesh in the deck lid vent openings? How are you planing on attaching it? The reason I ask is that I have the same deck lid.

Thanks
Nolan

Yes, the mesh will be placed in all the vent openings front and back after paint. As to how that is still a good question,

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 08-12-2007).]

Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2007 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Snip: As to how that is still a good question,

I thought it might be.
PFF
System Bot
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2007 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm going to change the speaker grills to flush mount for leg clearance.

Front

back

rear view camera

front view camera

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2007 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

troyboy

2075 posts
Member since Sep 2005

Nolan

This is from the final version of the rear deck lid
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2007 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Troy, that looks great! I like the angled ends of the openings.

Nolan
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2007 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice. I like those two door mounted speakers....although the shape of them reminds me of something.

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2007 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We can't wait to play with all the toys.

The front view camera = COOL!!!

The rear view camera = COOL!!!

The Dual Boobie Speakers = (as Curley would say) "Im feelin' it"

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2007 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Troy, did you get the "boobies" down sized? B-cup?
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2007 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Troy, did you get the "boobies" down sized? B-cup?

The size reduction will have to wait until after Choptop 2, I'll have to relocate the tweeters before I change them to flush mount.

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 08-18-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2007 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Troy, don't forget to bring with you the Corvette brackets. Thanks.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-18-2007).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2007 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Troy, don't forget to bring with you the Corvette brackets. Thanks.

The orininal front brackets should still be at Archies.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock