Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  We Build a Perfect Union (Page 26)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
We Build a Perfect Union by Archie
Started on: 01-11-2006 09:04 PM
Replies: 3080 (367689 views)
Last post by: troyboy on 10-29-2016 12:55 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2007 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are they there yet, are they there yet!
IP: Logged
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2007 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
now i really can't wait till your car makes it's way to new york completed... hopefully it'll be before the 25th. i want to come see it in person.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2007 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

The VDC have landed, the VDC have landed!
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2007 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Troy, we did a test fit of the mirrors onto the mounting brackets that we made for Curley's 360 mirrors.

They appear to be a really good fit.

What do you think?

We're going to make brackets for your car right away, so let me know if it looks ok.

We should have pics of them on your car tomorrow.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2007 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! Nice fit and trim.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-09-2007).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2007 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Troy, we did a test fit of the mirrors onto the mounting brackets that we made for Curley's 360 mirrors.

They appear to be a really good fit.

What do you think?

We're going to make brackets for your car right away, so let me know if it looks ok.

Archie

It's a go!!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2007 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's a go!!

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2007 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LITEDAZE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2007 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LITEDAZESend a Private Message to LITEDAZEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
those fit perfectly!

------------------

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2007 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The" Perfect mirror" for the "Perfect Union." This is tweaking 101.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2007 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

YES!!
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2007 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I took about 60 pics of this car outside today & it looks great from all angles.

The shape & look of these mirrors are perfect for this car.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2007 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Now to the doors.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2007 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Now to the doors.

Archie

Yeaahhh!!!

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2007 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looked good earlier today, now it looks like this.

Archie
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2007 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

ferrobi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2007 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nice mirrors Troyboy - those would look good on my F40 replica - what did you shell out for them?

------------------

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2007 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
personally i would fill in the "f430" but that's just me. lookin good.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2007 05:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

personally i would fill in the "f430" but that's just me. lookin good.

The F430 will be filled in or modified
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2007 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Once those VDC are on; you know I'm going to faint.

------------------
[/URL]
"Anyone can make a copy of something, it may look good but it never is the real car. Make something from your imagination, something unique, something nobody has, anything is possible and, ideas can become a reality; Archie and the Crew and make your Dreams into a reality."[/SIZE]

m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2007 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

can someone please take alot of photo's of the car in the red box, i need many many photo's of this car and how its pieced together, please please please take many pictures of it and post them for me.

matthew
PFF
System Bot
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2007 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seems like your looking at the Fiero Limo with the caved in center.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2007 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by m0sh_man:

can someone please take alot of photo's of the car in the red box, i need many many photo's of this car and how its pieced together, please please please take many pictures of it and post them for me.

matthew

I'll take some pics of it by Monday.

That car is for sale real cheap.

The car isn't caved in. The builder did a real good job of welding 2 Fieros together with a boxed framework that's a straight as an arrow. The only thing that I would have done differently is to use 3 Fiero roof sections instead of 2. The Forward section of the rear Fiero & the back section of the front Fiero dip down because of their original roof lines. The dip down in the gap between the 2 roofs makes it look like it's not straight.

Archie
Brother Rat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2007 07:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Brother RatSend a Private Message to Brother RatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is an incredible job on that car, Archie. It is sweet!

Kudos to you and your crew!

Pete

m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2007 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
maybe ill keep saving so ill have enough to make you a reasonable offer, did this car run/drive?
im in the process of getting a rust free 87 coupe cleaned up enough that i can start drilling out the spot welds, i was going to use two fiero's and extend them i was figuring two years for just the stretch time, by then i might be able to save up enough (got a new baby on the way so saving money takes alot of time when i only get about 25,000 a year after taxes) who knows, maybe ill one day be able to get that car from you, You dont need a indy pace car do ya ive got one that needs alot of restoration work, and doesnt have an engine currently.

matthew

I'll take some pics of it by Monday.

That car is for sale real cheap.

The car isn't caved in. The builder did a real good job of welding 2 Fieros together with a boxed framework that's a straight as an arrow. The only thing that I would have done differently is to use 3 Fiero roof sections instead of 2. The Forward section of the rear Fiero & the back section of the front Fiero dip down because of their original roof lines. The dip down in the gap between the 2 roofs makes it look like it's not straight.

Archie

Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2007 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by m0sh_man:

....... You dont need a indy pace car do ya ive got one that needs alot of restoration work, and doesnt have an engine currently.........

Hmmmm..........how much you looking for the car? Maybe I can help finance your limo project a bit. I'd love to have a Indy to play with.

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2007 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How's it going with the doors Archie?

Did you get the Support phone # I sent?

Do you need me to order more or replacement parts?

Does the power work on the mirrors?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2007 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How's it going with the doors Archie?

Did you get the Support phone # I sent?

Do you need me to order more or replacement parts?

Does the power work on the mirrors?

Right side door is mounted.

I got the number, I'll call them.

Do you have a wiring diagram for the mirrors?

Archie
linuxpowered88

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2007 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for linuxpowered88Send a Private Message to linuxpowered88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sweet i see my formula in the background.
PineyCreek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2007 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PineyCreekClick Here to visit PineyCreek's HomePageSend a Private Message to PineyCreekEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie...if you weren't a guy I'd....

::sigh::

It's beautiful, and I'll never be able to afford one or the time to craft one or LEARN how to craft one. You're good Archie. If I get a V8, I'm going to you. If you can do work that nice, your kit should be just fine for me (and I EXPECT to have to adjust stuff, not going to expect things to slide in perfectly).

::sighs again::

Can you make a couple of posters? I'll buy one off your website :P

Congrats to you and your crew for an awesome, awesome job...dang it, haven't gotten this choked up since I was last dumped.

------------------
1986 SE V6, stock, auto, fastback. GT Trim and Body panels.

[This message has been edited by PineyCreek (edited 10-15-2007).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2007 03:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

No wiring diagram to be had from the F people.
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2007 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

I'm sure the F-guys will share that info, hehe.

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2007 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shipping a mystery part off to you tomorrow Archie. Trust me you'll like it
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2007 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Troy, why not use "IMSA" in place of the F430?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-16-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2007 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
pics, pics, piiiiiics!
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2007 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Hey Troy, why not use "IMSA" in place of the F430?

I'm just going to fill it in and go smooth, the IMSA sounds good but.......$$$. I'm at my limit when it comes to mirrors.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2007 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

troyboy

2075 posts
Member since Sep 2005

Shipping a mystery part off to you tomorrow Archie. Trust me you'll like it

Originally posted by madcurl:

pics, pics, piiiiiics!

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2007 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HI all

Archie you do some FABTASTIC work!! Great car! Troyboy you are one creative genius!! May I ask where you got the idea for the F430 mirrors? Cuz I have almost the same idea for an IMSA of my dreams... I'd like to build or have built one day when i'm outa school, or win that stupid lottery, a custom IMSA too, only I thought of using ferrari 348 side mirrors.... HAha, When I saw Russ454 ( I think that is his username ) create his northstar IMSA my jaw hit the floor!! Over the time till now i've had the fun task of developing the car in my head, that to me is a fun part of great in10se!!

OH!! Go to http://www.kitcar.ca A guy there named Funnywheels might be able to help you with the wiring diagrams! He built a watson 355 and used OEM 355 mirrors, along with another forum member, can't remember his name right now though... If you don't want to use the heated aspect of the mirrors I bet he'll be able to help out! He never wired up that part of the 355 mirrors..... YA know what, I'll get the ball rolling and PM him on the site, and I'll give him a heads up and this link!

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen....

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2007 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pavo_roddy:

HI all

Archie you do some FABTASTIC work!! Great car! Troyboy you are one creative genius!! May I ask where you got the idea for the F430 mirrors? Cuz I have almost the same idea for an IMSA of my dreams... I'd like to build or have built one day when i'm outa school, or win that stupid lottery, a custom IMSA too, only I thought of using ferrari 348 side mirrors.... HAha, When I saw Russ454 ( I think that is his username ) create his northstar IMSA my jaw hit the floor!! Over the time till now i've had the fun task of developing the car in my head, that to me is a fun part of great in10se!!

OH!! Go to http://www.kitcar.ca A guy there named Funnywheels might be able to help you with the wiring diagrams! He built a watson 355 and used OEM 355 mirrors, along with another forum member, can't remember his name right now though... If you don't want to use the heated aspect of the mirrors I bet he'll be able to help out! He never wired up that part of the 355 mirrors..... YA know what, I'll get the ball rolling and PM him on the site, and I'll give him a heads up and this link!

I have to give credit to Madcurl for the mirrors, My wife for letting me buy them and Archie for putting them on and making them work. After seeing curly's car in person with the f360 mirrors I loved the updated look and started the quest for a set of mirrors for the perfect union. The list of candidates were : 350z power-fold, f360, 512TR, finally the f430. Curly push Hard for me to get the f430. When Curly likes an Idea he can be relentless, just ask Jscott1 and FierociousGT

Thanks for the info and the link, Keep your IMSA dream alive because Once you go IMSA you never go back

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 10-18-2007).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2007 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

When Curly likes an Idea he can be relentless, just ask Jscott1 and FierociousGT

They do look nice, very exotic like the rest of the car.

Curley is relentless, but my wallet speaks to me more often and louder than Curley!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock